[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

16 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

Hahaha R FC will probably skin him alive :D.

I heard about that indicent too, how reba was upset/depressed.

What is FC ? Sorry my mind still not working huhuhu

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

3 minutes ago, janine Ang said:

What is FC ? Sorry my mind still not working huhuhu

Lol it's fan club

There there, let's stay positive and wish for their happiness either way :blush:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

Ladies,  you digged a lot here lol. In the end of the day, they're rumours . Even in his recent interview, he said he was single.If it's turned out  that he has a wife and a child, whom he hides from the world. It his life, his choice and he does what he wants with it. If he's happy with that, that's what matter. Maybe it's his way to protect them. Even, the true nature of his relation with Reba are just fans speculations.We don't know what is going on in this industry. There will always be rumors and speculation about celebrities' lives. Personally, I take everything with a grain of salt. I support my favorites in their projects, I have fun shipping some of them and if there is an annoucement about their private life, I respect it and wish them happiness. Let's just enjoy the ride with them.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, Zelnk said:

Hahaha R FC will probably skin him alive :D.

I heard about that indicent too, how reba was upset/depressed.

I read how read is quite sensitive. Poor thing. The price to pay for being popular can sometimes be too much.

3 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

Does anyone know what DJ meant when he remarked  "When a nightingale strays into the Milky Way, who can tell how many years it's been through." It's right after FJ explained the haipin represents the sky and stars of Qingqiu, in ep 3.

Hmm good question.  I'd like to know too! Just reading the translation, it makes me think he is  reflecting on his life. It sounds like a lonely existence through out the years. But I may have totally misinterpreted the sentence! Since I think some times the message got lost in translation.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I read how read is quite sensitive. Poor thing. The price to pay for being popular can sometimes be too much.

Hmm good question.  I'd like to know too! Just reading the translation, it makes me think he is  reflecting on his life. It sounds like a lonely existence through out the years. But I may have totally misinterpreted the sentence! Since I think some times the message get lost in translation.

If I remember correctly, somebody posted before that the translated subtext of Tencent for this dialogue wasn't the same as that of Viki or Viu.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

If I remember correctly, somebody posted before that the translated subtext of Tencent for this dialogue wasn't the same as that of Viki or Viu.

Sigh, I wish I can read Chinese. 

Similarly,  the song lyrics are so poetic.  I have read many translated versions. I am most thankful for any translation, but somehow I think some of the translated songs did not convey orginal language underlying message.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

Does anyone know what DJ meant when he remarked  "When a nightingale strays into the Milky Way, who can tell how many years it's been through." It's right after FJ explained the haipin represents the sky and stars of Qingqiu, in ep 3.

It was more along the lines of "who can say if it was fated or a mistake" instead of "who can tell how many years it's been through". I feel it was foreshadowing their entanglement.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 4

21 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Sigh, I wish I can read Chinese. 

Similarly,  the song lyrics are so poetic.  I have read many translated versions. I am most thankful for any translation, but somehow I think some of the translated songs did not convey orginal language underlying message.

Me too. I'd like to give it a try. :) I hope I can, hahaha!

That's the problem sometimes when translating songs or literary works compared to documents, thesis, or research works. The later is usually as it is. Whereas the former has to retain the creativity, the cadence, so some words just won't do. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

28 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

It was more along the lines of "who can say if it was fated or a mistake" instead of "who can tell how many years it's been through". I feel it was foreshadowing their entanglement.

Oh, I see, that makes sence! Thank you. :) 

The sentence I copied here was subbed that way. Is it a translation thing where the meaning got lost...or did the meaning just got lost on me? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Hmmm, opened a  can of worms with that photo of V in sweet dream sets. 

Jokes aside, its a prove they’re good friends. I’m relieved R found a good companion in harsh world of showbiz. I hv soft spot for her. She’s criticised for almost whatever she do. Not helping with toxic fanbase also.  The world getting toxic, not only in China but here in malaysia too. In k-ent, a few of young stars died a young death due to malicious comments and critics. R started young also, with a good older friends (yang mi, V)  whom can offered advise and guidance, hopefully she will be well. 

Just make a lot of money, retire early and live well. 

@ChibiLy beautiful song and poetic quote made we want to learn chinese too. I wish i can just watch without subs. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, vivi0303 said:

thankyou!! i also was wondring tha, i likd that quote so i searche it to see if it was a fragment of a poem or something but all i could find was this XD haha

gg45wKW.jpg 

P.S  i dont thing Vengo is married XD  , but like @LovelyLady said everithing are rumors and speculations, the healthy thing todo for the sake of our heearts is to callm down and just see what happens at least  i thing we can say that V and R have a good friendship :) 

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Me too. I'd like to give it a try. :) I hope I can, hahaha!

That's the problem sometimes when translating songs or literary works compared to documents, thesis, or research works. The later is usually as it is. Whereas the former has to retain the creativity, the cadence, so some words just won't do. 

That is the difference between translating and interpreting. Translating leaves more room for errors (more literal) whereas interpreting puts more importance into making the meaning come across to the other language, rather than word for word, sentence for sentence. This is most apparent with colloquial or slang terms, i.e. poems, proverbs, etc.

Can't wait to see your works!

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

9 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

That is the difference between translating and interpreting. Translating leaves more room for errors (more literal) whereas interpreting puts more importance into making the meaning come across to the other language, rather than word for word, sentence for sentence. This is most apparent with colloquial or slang terms, i.e. poems, proverbs, etc.

Thank you, I love how you explained the difference between the two :heart:

Finding the balance in between translating and interpreting can be very tedious. It is, however, very rewarding when done diligently. 

Though at one point I've done ego-stroking communications, lol, I am more of research or technical writing though, ahahaha! :lol: Regarding Mandarin, I hope I can via apps.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, pawla said:

Does anyone feel DH looked different here? Is it the hair?

The "hairline" is a bit higher than in the show, and his eyebrows darker and longer? Also, usually, he got sections of his hair hanging in front.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

The brows are super dark and the two pieces of hair are swept back, methinks

Maybe they changed his wig from the one they used in the drama and I feel like in ELOD sometimes they make the effort to lighten his brows with brow gel, and sometimes they dont. Also, promo pics are usually shot at the beginning before filming and changes tend to happen in production to the costumes/make up/hair as they film etc.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 5