[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

@LovelyLady He does doesn't he? I like that he is so contrary in real life. That just goes to show what a good actor he is. I have to wait till next week to see him in Lost Cavern. His Zhe Gu Shou is love too.

@LaxClyne I didn't read TTSK so I wouldn't know the details. It was TQ, the author herself who explained that DH never went to the mortal realm so I would take her words as canon. ;)

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

47 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

@HollyC Correct, in the book DH never went to the Mortal Realm. In fact, the book only mentioned the mortal realm to explain why FJ came back in mourning clothes and later on why she needed the Pimpo / Saha fruit to revive YQT. The mortal realm in PB wasn't as elaborate as the drama.

Everything you watch in TMOPB regarding our Dongfeng couple were purely made up by the writers.

Yes, but and the book to sky kingdom ( ten miles) ?? we have also to discart what is there? 
( i dont really know what is there too, (i dont even find the book to read),  i only know that is similar whats in TMOPB, she is consort chen, but she uses in herself a spell to love the emperor and there is bai qian trying to change the fate of the crown prince, )

• Like 2

@HollyC Basically, whatever their story is in TMOPB were the creative imagination of the writers. While ELoD followed the Pillow Book closely, the writers also creatively expanded the mortal realm. So, the drama made some changes as well.

So, if you want to, you can watch ELoD as its own story and don't tie it back to the book. That way, just follow the story in the drama. Then you won't get confused. So, in ELoD, yes, DH went to the mortal realm as XSR. Yes, he did die of a broken heart. 

For me, I am a purist, so I follow the events as it happened in the book while also enjoying the drama! 

• Like 7

@Ninky @Yori Ten

DH is happily and proudly doing his own version of Elsa. :lol:

That 200 day of wedding banquet will forever be infamous far and wide because the bride is barely awake or is sleeping for 199 days of the party and sometimes, bride and groom aren't there at all. Making Chong Lin, and Tai Chen Palace staff, and relatives of FJ, sweat.  :sweatingbullets:

Good thing for LS, no one will describe him as rascal anymore, hahahaha!

The gods and demons will be very busy waging bets on whether it's a boy or it's a girl, or whether it's single or multiple births. Coz DH, you're that obvious. :phew: 

• LOL 8

@MayanEcho Don't forget, ZL explicitly warned SM that if unpleasant news ever got out about this 200 wedding banquet, SM's life would be in danger. I am sure if anything, SM will make up stories after stories to cover up whatever is behind the scenes! :lol: Oh..I really wanted to hear about those cover-up stories from SM. He can even make up stories about CY being DH's illegitimate child, I wonder what else is there?!

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

I've been meaning to investigate this mortal realm by reading the TMOPB novel but an incomplete translation won't do :sweatingbullets: I might just buy it if it will still bother me :lol:

@HollyC As advised, separate TMOPB DHxFJ from ELOD, or you'll get confused. ELOD drama and the novel have deviations too, you should just know what are these and you wont be lost. There is a Pillow Book 1 and Pillow Book 2 english translated in Wattpad if you would like to check.

:heart:

• Like 6

@Yori Tenon ELoD, in Ep.13. Feng jiu said " Song Xuanren is just Dijun's incarnation in the mortal realm. He's not Dijun nor his rebirth. He's just Song Xuanren and I'm still Bai Fengjiu" I understood by this that Donghua didn't go to the mortal realm. The question is what is an incarnation? I'm confused now

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

29 minutes ago, LovelyLady said:

@Yori Tenon ELoD, in Ep.13. Feng jiu said " Song Xuanren is just Dijun's incarnation in the mortal realm. He's not Dijun nor his rebirth. He's just Song Xuanren and I'm still Bai Fengjiu" I understood by this that Donghua didn't go to the mortal realm. The question is what is an incarnation? I'm confused now

I rather think there's translation miscue for the use of the word incarnation when I saw the sub for this scene. :neutral: 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I rather think there's translation miscue for the use of the word incarnation when I saw the sub for this scene. :neutral: 

In the dream of Aranya, it was use again about Miao Luo. When Donghua was fighting her, he said she's just an incarnation.

I understood an incarnation is just a form, a projection like an avatar. Not the real person.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

13 minutes ago, LovelyLady said:

In the dream of Aranya, it was use again about Miao Luo. When Donghua was fighting her, he said she's just an incarnation.

I understood an incarnation is just a form, a projection like an avatar. Not the real person.

Interesting, because DH is able to still find/feel those memories/emotions from SXR and CY. Does that make SXR less than,  more than, or equal to his shadow CY? Fantasy genre really does not have to play by any rules.:crazy:

EUgYMjHVAAAN3ev?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

12 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

Interesting, because DH is able to still find/feel those memories/emotions from SXR does that make SXR less than,  more than, or equal to his shadow CY? Fantasy genre really does not have to play by any rules.:crazy:

I don't know how it works. I'm bit confused. In my understanding in ELoD too, Donghua was recovering in sleep at his palace. Song Xuanren was kinda a part his spiritual form took. That's why he was able to feel his emotions,  heartbreaks.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

2 minutes ago, LovelyLady said:

I don't know how it works. I'm bit confused. In my understanding in ELoD too, Donghua was recovering in sleep at his palace. For me, Song Xuanren was a kinda part his spiritual form took. That's why he was able to feel his emotions,  heartbreaks.

I am just confused because they both "returned" to DH after they "died", right smack into his head/conscious. That didn't really help in differentiating them, at least not for me.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, LovelyLady said:

Though incarnation is correct, like a projection or an avatar, I think the confusion is due to which meaning would the word be associated to.

Perhaps the subtext could have been "SXR is just a mortal embodiment of DH in this realm..." Or for Miao Lou, "you're just a projection..." 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

7 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Though incarnation is correct, like a projection or an avatar, I think the confusion is due to which meaning would the word be associated to.

Perhaps the subtext could have been "SXR is just a mortal embodiment of DH in this realm..." Or for Miao Lou, "you're just a projection..." 

the subtitles were not really good and sometimes confusing. However, better that than nothing.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

28 minutes ago, LovelyLady said:

the subtitles were not really good and sometimes confusing. However, better that than nothing.

True. There are misspelled or incorrect word to use, wrong tenses, or the sentence itself doesn't make sense. The subtitles could have been written better, but still better than none at all. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Hmm, to those who are watching and re-watching ELOD, the JH and DH scenes in ep5 and ep53 are probably shot the same day and in same location. The clothes were the same, even the hair ornament JH was using. In ep5, DH was treating JH after Meng Hao died. In ep53, DH is telling JH that her father would never expect that scale to be used that way.

What a contrast of scenes, and acting. :)

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2