[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

17 minutes ago, pawla said:

I really didn't understand why she woke up suddenly when I saw the scene. It turns out someone screw up big time with the editing or maybe he was smoking weed when doing the editing. 

Yup, I think if anyone is paying attention they would find it super weird. I only went to look it up because I can't get over the Forget Me line. I wanted to see for myself if anything was left out because that whole scene just doesn't make sense. Surely....it was a huge slap! 

@MayanEcho

Spoiler

The actress is currently in the States enjoying paintings amd fine wine. I think she could care less now that it's over. She just left this huge trainwrek for others to deal with. I didn't want to dislike her at all bit her actions sometimes really annoys fans of both the book and drama.

In one of her replies to a fan, she had the audacity to say that if she is really that powerful to change the script and screen time, then she would have rewritten JH as the main lead. Why would she want to be the bad person?

And that fan replied :  妳敢!!!!! (You dare!!!)

• Like 1
  • Unamused 5

2 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

@MayanEcho

Hide contents

The actress is currently in the States enjoying paintings amd fine wine. Intjinknshe could care less now that it's over. She just left this huge trainwrek for others to deal with. I didn't want to dislike her at all bit her actions sometimes really annoys fans of both the book and drama.

In one of her replies to a fan, she had the audacity to say that if she is really that powerful to change the script and screen time, then she would have rewritten JH as the main lead. Why would she want to be the bad person?

My my... I feel like retracting my good natured defense for this woman:worried:... Maybe she earned a lot from ELOD that she already resolved her mental issues. Good for her but her attitude may back fire later. Good luck to her.

• Like 3

@Yori Ten 

Spoiler

She's still in US? At this time?

That reply was very rude and condescending. She might still get projects later on, but her past would keep following her.

I rather think her supposed mental issues now aren't really true. It was more a play for sympathy. If my suspicions are true, that's one manipulative shrew who's going to do anything for attention.

No hate for her either, but no regrets describing her as a bimbo now. I thought it was just the character JH a bimbo, but apparently she really is.

• Sad 1
  • Insightful 1

19 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

My my... I feel like retracting my good natured defense for this woman:worried:... Maybe she earned a lot from ELOD that she already resolved her mental issues. Good for her but her attitude may back fire later. Good luck to her.

I feel ya.

Lots of earnings cure a lot of things. -_-

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

I got the feeling, instead of releasing the full 60 episodes, they purposely leaked the script instead. It's like, here's the full script, read and imagine it yourself. I wonder whether they actually filmed all those scenes in the script then edit to be what it is now. If yes then the editing team really sucks big time. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

34 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Yup, I think if anyone is paying attention they would find it super weird. I only went to look it up because I can't get over the Forget Me line. I wanted to see for myself if anything was left out because that whole scene just doesn't make sense. Surely....it was a huge slap! 

@MayanEcho

Reveal hidden contents

The actress is currently in the States enjoying paintings amd fine wine. I think she could care less now that it's over. She just left this huge trainwrek for others to deal with. I didn't want to dislike her at all bit her actions sometimes really annoys fans of both the book and drama.

My good that girl need a public relations manager soon!!!!

Ahh what a shame they delete that scene at the final everything has more scence now without it, I also wondered why she is waking up and he is so weak when it was otherwise moments ago?? 

And that could have been the best final for jiheng , I guess elod is Not gonna be nominated for best screen adaptation award... I do really hope tencent release the uncut version and that those missing scenes were filmed

51 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

And this, is why, business interests, or concessions, should not really interfere with the creative/scriptwriting/editing teams once the budget had been set. Let them work from it!

For the decision of giving more exposures, the crucial, so important scenes of the story were sacrificed. The series almost got ruined by the last few episodes.

The editing with the marketing team are releasing the beautiful, axed scenes and are labeling those as teasers. If that ain't grudge and rebellion, I don't know what else to call it.

Reveal hidden contents

JH actress got it really bad. She's pitiful, but at the same time, I've to wonder how shortsighted she was. She's not new in showbiz! Hadn't she known or anticipated what these cuts and changes would result to?

Avenuex has talked  a lot about that, how business and censorship has affected a lot the creativity and the adaptation process in C-dramaland ... And I don understand, it's supposed the companies usually ask for more eoisodes because they get paid for each episode and more chapters are more money i guess that's why they did that law of reducing the chapters but that was after ELOD why did they cut from 60 to 56 ???!!!!

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

My good that girl need a public relations manager soon!!!!

Ahh what a shame they delete that scene at the final everything has more scence now without it, I also wondered why she is waking up and he is so weak when it was otherwise moments ago?? 

And that could have been the best final for jiheng , I guess elod is Not gonna be nominated for best screen adaptation award... I do really hope tencent release the uncut version and that those missing scenes were filmed

Avenuex has talked  a lot about that, how business and censorship has affected a lot the creativity and the adaptation process in C-dramaland ... And I don understand, it's supposed the companies usually ask for more eoisodes because they get paid for each episode and more chapters are more money i guess that's why they did that law of reducing the chapters but that was after ELOD why did they cut from 60 to 56 ???!!!!

The censors are to be tolerated as they're backed by law. What isn't acceptable are concessions that would actually ruin the hard work. There might be a need to shorten the number of episodes, but WTH, they had cut the important scenes in favour of somebody's! Just the finale episode alone, that too long babbling JH XY reunion versus DH FJ BGG boating scene, or that missing scene now that DH transferred his essence to FJ so that she'll survive the starward!:triumph:

• Like 6

6 hours ago, pawla said:

Can anyone translate this? TIA

Hello everyone, I'm a super old Soompi user and silent lurker of this thread.

Can anyone let me know if we're allowed to quote tweets? I'll remove it in the quotes if we aren't supposed to. Thank you.

Anyway, not sure if translation is still needed but DH basically said "when I was master of heaven and earth, your grandfather hasn't even gotten married". 

Korean fans for C-dramas are slowly increasing. Personally, I'm waiting for Korea to officially broadcast this... hopefully the 60 episodes version. Too many things are edited out... asdhalkeyaw7ey7q2useahdfus@!#!

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

@Leslie Mtz C I do believe the rumor now that they did film enough materials for 70 episodes. In the end, they reduced it by 14 episodes. I saw earlier the script was 800 plus pages long in .pdf but my copy is .txt and it is over 900 pages long. The editing team must have quite a difficult time deciding what to do with all the materials. It wasn't an easy task. However, that doesn't mean I will forgive them for missing the crucial scenes. 

JH, I am really hoping you have a wonderful, fantastic and happy ever after life. If not, you owe us ALL viewers a huge apology.

• Like 7
  • Unamused 1

48 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

@MayanEcho

Hide contents

@Yori Ten @MayanEcho

Spoiler

SMH...Can't believe that Jiheng actress has become "Jiheng" herself.. such a shallow minded person.. *sigh*  she should've just shut up.. knowing she's not gonna win...

• Like 4
  • Unamused 2

31 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

@Leslie Mtz C I do believe the rumor now that they did film enough materials for 70 episodes. In the end, they reduced it by 14 episodes. I saw earlier the script was 800 plus pages long in .pdf but my copy is .txt and it is over 900 pages long. The editing team must have quite a difficult time deciding what to do with all the materials. It wasn't an easy task. However, that doesn't mean I will forgive them for missing the crucial scenes. 

Its really unfortunate that a long of things that should have made more sense in the story got cut... :( 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, katfindlay said:

I got the feeling, instead of releasing the full 60 episodes, they purposely leaked the script instead. It's like, here's the full script, read and imagine it yourself. I wonder whether they actually filmed all those scenes in the script then edit to be what it is now. If yes then the editing team really sucks big time. 

Some of the stuff in the script is sometimes modified on the spot with Actors input to the director. So its very unlikely any drama will follow a script in it's full version. They did that for a couple of scenes in TMOPB as well as far as I know.

My beef isn't because they changed some things but the fact that  mortal arc took too much of the episodes when it is really not necessary (particularly in book, DH NEVER went to the mortal realm at all) and the bit of choppy editing at the end as well. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Applemintz said:

Hello everyone, I'm a super old Soompi user and silent lurker of this thread.

Can anyone let me know if we're allowed to quote tweets? I'll remove it in the quotes if we aren't supposed to. Thank you.

Anyway, not sure if translation is still needed but DH basically said "when I was master of heaven and earth, your grandfather hasn't even gotten married". 

Korean fans for C-dramas are slowly increasing. Personally, I'm waiting for Korea to officially broadcast this... hopefully the 60 episodes version. Too many things are edited out... asdhalkeyaw7ey7q2useahdfus@!#!

Thanks for the translation. I thought there was more to it since there's 2 DHs, one DH from TMOPB the other one DH from ELOD.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1