[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Can't believe the drama has ended...what a journey it was. There were a lot of things i enjoyed, some parts were better done than in the book, in my opinion, i am glad they followed the book so closely, but i don't know..something was missing, and i can't figure it what. That mortal arc was extremely boring and there were some parts towards the final were i found myself checking the phone or doing something else, instead of watching the drama. 

Is ELOD better than TMOPB? I don't think so, in my opinion, and certainly it's not better than the book.TMOPB had that extra something, that kept you wanting to watch more and more, like someone said before. 

But now that it has finished i have the impression that it's also the end of this genre of dramas. I don't know if there is still a lot of interest in creating good xianxia dramas anymore. I hope i am wrong..i really hope so. We will see what the future brings..i am still waiting for that drama that will take the nr. 1 spot from TMOPB in my heart.

It was a nice journey, girls! Thanks for everyone that participated here on this forum for such a long time :heart:

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

So our assumption was right that DH and FJ would have a daughter, I know that they won't end up only with two cubs even DH pretend he only wanted one before.. we all know how they enjoy on making the baby fox.. :P, Well especially DH :naughty: , The daughter wasn't even conceived yet, and here we are discussing who their daughter gonna end up with once she grow up, careful guys.. DH won't be too happy.. .

And I just rewatching the drama again and currently in the Aranya dream now. Do you guys noticed how cold DH was when he put prince Qing to sleep? Lol. His expression tell all that he was upset and annoyed knowing Prince Qing gave so much troubles to FJ, such a possesive man..even to a snake :lol:

And about the Boat scene... I hope BGG listened to my advice before. I knew that he won't get a chance now that his parents reunited..poor boy,  well get ready to count the stars every night GG! 

Somehow my guts tell me that TQ gonna write a sequel of DHFJ and it would be about her trial to be a high goddess. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

Anyway about love and destiny, is it related to TLTW universe? I try to Googled it up and there was not much information about it, Cdrama isn't really well known in where I live. When I read the Wikipedia, I saw there was Siming. Is it the same Siming that we all know? But the main lead is God of War and I thought God of War is Moyuan? Also on Wikipedia it says Lebo is the owner of Peach Blossoms Forest.. And I thought it was belong to Zhe Yan? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

Anyway about love and destiny, is it related to TLTW universe? I try to Googled it up and there was not much information about it, Cdrama isn't really well known in where I live. When I read the Wikipedia, I saw there was Siming. Is it the same Siming that we all know? But the main lead is God of War and I thought God of War is Moyuan? Also on Wikipedia it says Lebo is the owner of Peach Blossoms Forest.. And I thought it was belong to Zhe Yan? 

It's is not related and nowhere near as good as TMOPB or ELOD imo. :) 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

The thing with ELOD is that unfortunately we all knew what will happen and how the drama will end. Since the suspense was missing, we concentrated on how the story would be presented and if V+D would deliver. And we know that the production team messed up, for once. Compared to TMOPB however, for me TMOPB was the boring one cause I was not invested in Bai Qian+Ye Hua. It was just its luck to be the first one released, when no one knew about the 3L3W thing. If ELOD was broadcasted as widely as TMOPB it would have definitely gathered enough views to make it to the top 10, which is very unlikely to happen now.

• Like 15

51 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

It's is not related and nowhere near as good as TMOPB or ELOD imo. :) 

Well since it is not related, I don't see a reason to watch it then ha ha. I was just wondering why they also have Siming and Peach Blossoms Forest as well even the Fox clan! But I didn't see the Author's name there. It is quite similar if I judge from what I mentioned above. 

• Awesome 1

The similarity is only in that it is the same kind of universe.

Like you said: peach forrest, a Siming like character (but very unlike our Siming) There is even a Lian Song like character.

To me after watching TMOPB it just felt like too much was borrowed and the characters in L&D paled in comparison. 

You can find it online fully subbed if you want to check it out. :) 

I read somwehere that ppl working on TMOPB were working on L&D...I'm not sure if it was production or same director, can't remember. But that's what got me curious.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rapo65 said:

Is ELOD better than TMOPB? I don't think so, in my opinion, and certainly it's not better than the book.TMOPB had that extra something, that kept you wanting to watch more and more, like someone said before. 

For me, ELoD was better. It's not easy to do better than the book. It wasn't flawless but it was a good adaptation. Despite having read the book several times and knowing the plot of the story, I waited impatiently every week to see it. I like the joyful side of ELoD compared to the strict one of TMOPB. The message of it too, destiny was against them but they showed that by trying hard, you can have it. The leads portrayed their roles perfectly. They have largely contributed to make Fengjiu and Donghua unforgettable.

TMOPB was complete when I started watching it and I admit I had a hard time finishing it. Their story didn't leave me an unforgettable memory. I don't know, but in their story, I had the impression that it was Ye Hua who always loved more. He did the betrayal. He did everything for them to be together. It was always him. Also, I was a bit fed up of his passive obedience.

With Dongfeng, I don't have that impression. I can't tell who loves the other more. Fengjiu was the first to fall in love, but when Donghua caught up with her, their love for each other seems to me equal and infinite (in a relationship, there's always one who loves more but honestly I can't tell with them)

They're both good dramas based on personal taste. And for me, ELoD will have a special place in my heart. They deserve a lot of recognition. I'm pretty sure that in a different climate, it would've had a well deserved success.

It was yesterday but i miss them terribly.

• Like 9
  • Love 9
  • Awesome 2

10 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

The similarity is only in that it is the same kind of universe.

Like you said: peach forrest, a Siming like character (but very unlike our Siming) There is even a Lian Song like character.

To me after watching TMOPB it just felt like too much was borrowed and the characters in L&D paled in comparison. 

You can find it online fully subbed if you want to check it out. :) 

I read somwehere that ppl working on TMOPB were working on L&D...I'm not sure if it was production or same director, can't remember. But that's what got me curious.

Isn't that also mean plagiarism? Like I said Cdrama isn't well known in where I live and I am not sure if it could also work that way by making the same universe and characters, all this time I thought all this characters belong to TangQi and you need to have the copy right to make a drama out of it. Like PB in TMOPB, they have to make a Canon story because they didn't have the copy rights. But nah.. I interested at first because I thought it related to TLTW, but if it is not.. I prefer to binge watching ELOD over and over again. 

• LOL 2

15 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

Isn't that also mean plagiarism? Like I said Cdrama isn't well known in where I live and I am not sure if it could also work that way by making the same universe and characters, all this time I thought all this characters belong to TangQi and you need to have the copy right to make a drama out of it. Like PB in TMOPB, they have to make a Canon story because they didn't have the copy rights. But nah.. I interested at first because I thought it related to TLTW, but if it is not.. I prefer to binge watching ELOD over and over again. 

This is a little tricky, as these deities (characters) are based on Chinese folklore, and they do exist in folklore, so using their names are not an issue of copyright infringement. At least for Siming. For the God of War in L&D his name is Jiu Chen and their are no other characters with the same specific names as in the TMOPB or ELoD universe.

• Insightful 7

1 hour ago, 9tRedFox said:

The thing with ELOD is that unfortunately we all knew what will happen and how the drama will end. Since the suspense was missing, we concentrated on how the story would be presented and if V+D would deliver. And we know that the production team messed up, for once. Compared to TMOPB however, for me TMOPB was the boring one cause I was not invested in Bai Qian+Ye Hua. It was just its luck to be the first one released, when no one knew about the 3L3W thing. If ELOD was broadcasted as widely as TMOPB it would have definitely gathered enough views to make it to the top 10, which is very unlikely to happen now.

The suspense was robbed for me also because of the leaked vvip videos.  They could have kept the ending secret so to keep the viewers guessing what the ending will be.  I felt, tencent released spoilers too.  I mean granted we know the book but we dont know how they are going to adapt it to the live version.

I love tmopb! But Chemistry wise, dongfeng wins  for me. Thought i appluad mark and yang mi for being professional in their steamy scenes :naughty:.  

saw this from ig, reba taking selfies. where are this selfies now? Such a cutie :D

• Like 5
  • Love 5

Donghuadijun, imo it was to little to call it plagiarism.  I would say L&D was inspired by TMOPB, perhaps because Mo Yuan is/was well liked and they wanted some "God of War" to have a happy ending/love life? :rolleyes: I prefer Mo yuan to the God of War in L&D though.

It shouldn't be compared but by drawing on existing characters from a well received drama, I'd say they kinda missed the mark.

I join you in re-watching ELOD until we have Lotus Step and Bodhi Fate.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

12 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

This is a little tricky, as these deities (characters) are based on Chinese folklore, and they do exist in folklore, so using their names are not an issue of copyright infringement. At least for Siming. For the God of War in L&D his name is Jiu Chen and their are no other characters with specific names in the TMOPB or ELoD universe.

True. I believe it's also a genre related thing. I think what TQ did/is doing is quite amazing, expanding this "universe" so to speak...

Kind of what Anne Rice did for the vampire genre. But that is just my opinion. ;)

• Like 4

Even if the settings and characters for ELOD are fantasy worlds and folklores, the story is very relatable. It touches core values, and it emphasises on the importance of open communication between couples, family members, and friends.

One of the best laughable but true moments, and I'm sure many can relate to it: Never expect that somebody who is drunk will make wise decisions nor will they stand by it. They won't even remember it. LMAO. Bai Yi dropped the ball here when he presented Cangyi's wedding proposal/contract to very drunk FJ.

Dong Hua was also drunk FJ's victim, ahahaha! He got to hear how bad he is, LOL. Plus the grievances of his lost baby fox. (Aww) There should have been scenes of DH leaving his robe to FJ because she won't let go. And DH asking Ali to borrow clothes from YH, LMAO.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

43 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

This is a little tricky, as these deities (characters) are based on Chinese folklore, and they do exist in folklore, so using their names are not an issue of copyright infringement. At least for Siming. For the God of War in L&D his name is Jiu Chen and their are no other characters with the same specific names as in the TMOPB or ELoD universe.

Now I got it. I didn't know Siming and LS and even fox clan are exist.. :o

• Like 4

3 hours ago, FloraImmortal said:

If I remember what I have seen correctly, the boat scene that we got as the final teaser yesterday doesn't match with what we saw some weeks back. Earlier, Gungun was playing on his own on the other side of the boat and then later, Fengjiu and Donghua clean his hands for him. This was not seen in yesterday's teaser. 

Do correct me if I  am wrong and can someone look for that previous teaser of the  boat scene? 

Here the teaser. Fengjiu's cleaning his hands was after he sat with them.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 1