[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

3 minutes ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

Yeah i hope this will not affect the raiting , if they are doing that i would say whata bad idea althoug i hope all of this make the to release the uncut version

I thinking  maby with  the pandemic that is sweeping the world and esp. China they might be holding back the original 60 episode for rebroadcast at a later date (hopefully? ).  Hoping people will rewatch for the new seens what they don't get we would gladly watch it again and again and again...... :joy:

That being said I hope all my fellow forum family is safe and well. I use the word family because in a short wile you have all became so to me. Be it what county, ethnicity, religion, language,or creed we are all here giving love to so something that makes us all happy. :wub: I sincerely THANK YOU ALL. 

• Like 11
  • Love 5

11 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

To be fair, i really love ELOD. There are just some expectations i have, unfortunately for me, they did not deliver (and yeah we paid extra bucks for the vip).  I dont know what tencent is planning. You know, no active promotion  and yeah we want lovely bts between dong feng because this is a love story. 

As @Yori Ten mentioned i just hope they wont hate elod production team.

How about other new shows? Did they promote of any kind? Its something I've noticed too, ELOD have like practically none aside from BTS

Maybe its because of the 'mood' caused by ncov , but if other production did some efforts for their own shows.... whyyy tencent its a lost chance for ELOD to soar higher :triumph: (though I think the fanbase itself did great job:heart:)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, SGahjumma said:

As I rewatched the episodes, I always find the Juno execution scene conversation between FJ and SMY in getting FJ out to cut herself and smear her blood at the guillotine very amusing. FJ who is very scared of pain resorted to use chicken blood trying to bluff her way to achieve the result.

what are the scenes u find very amusing?

Second the chicken blood scene 

also the scene while waiting for DH and FJ to come out from Aranya’s dream, XY placing the first move on the chessboard and asking LS to teach him to how to play. 

Can someone help do translation of the OST song 缘字书 by Juno? Loved that song. Have been playing non stop whole day. TIA!! 

Edited by totoropink
  • LOL 3

7 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

My heart breaks when I see this ....  What it could have been. The impact of this scene. This is the major event in Eternal Love of Dream. This is where their fate will be explained. This is IT. :cry:

I agrewe this could have explain to those who didnt read the book why donghua never saw fengjiu ,why fengjiu failed to get donghuas attention until they both reunited for baiqians wedding and the importnace or aryana dream arc and the tragedy of their lifes and why that tragedy meant for donghua and fengjiu  , the moment whne donghua say his epic line--. to me is a statment of how different he is for his other self in TMOPB where he only said there is nothing we can do against destiny ,this donghua says richard simmons destiny im gonna fight for this!!!, i cant belive they film it , decided to cut it and then just casually comment it later, i understand fans anger im angry about this like they said the edition tema had  lot of time ...i dont hate them the drama is great i just dont believe they let go  this important part of the story

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

@Yori Ten Somebody in Tencent forgot that many of the fans knew the actual story from the book. Worse, they released teasers and clips, only for viewers finding out that these scenes were not included in the actual episodes! The last 3 episodes were badly edited. It's like the editing team lost their focus and just thrown in what seems fanciful. Fanciful...Gah, not even that!

I can't get over that statuettes carving scene! If I can do a Miao Lou to whoever thought of including that, I would have already done it 10 times over! The finale episode should have been more about DH, FJ, and BGG. Eternal Love of Dream is about Dong Hua and Feng Jiu. Why focus on their dream wrecker???

That tranquil boat scene for the family could have been the perfect ending for the series. Did nobody review the episodes they're releasing, given that shooting ended late 2018? Particularly the last few episodes?

About promotion, it's understandable that Tencent and the artists couldn't do more other than via social media. 

Tencent is, however, responsible with some of the discontent of some viewers. ELOD is a beautiful story, just that it almost got ruined with crappy creepy filler scenes. And for what? Was it for concession, as some unnecessary or too long scenes are mostly of JH character? Not hating the actress, she was really good as JH, but other viewers aren't as broadminded. Many would be ballistic and some had already attacked the actress due to production decisions.

As a whole, I love ELOD and has been re-watching the past episodes. Waiting now for the last few episodes with the subs. Hubs and my mini-mes are watching the earlier subbed episodes. :)

Hope you guys are all okay, and safe. From where we live, we aren't in a lockdown, but some flights have been cancelled and travelling abroad is also discouraged, apart from schools getting suspended for a month. For my little family, watching ELOD has become part of our bonding time.

@LaxClyne Xu Yang... and Xiangli Meng:tears: I didn't expect that for Meng. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

How about other new shows? Did they promote of any kind? Its something I've noticed too, ELOD have like practically none aside from BTS

Maybe its because of the 'mood' caused by ncov , but if other production did some efforts for their own shows.... whyyy tencent its a lost chance for ELOD to soar higher :triumph: (though I think the fanbase itself did great job:heart:)

I get that as fans we want our show to be popular and gain love and a grater fandom for the actors and every one affiliated with the show.

But for Tencent not advertising the show I understand their plight. It's basically a dam if you do, dam if you don't scenario.

Some could see it as uncaring promotion because of ncov, and they will end up losing more in the end. They can be call for boycotting the show ( or what ever form of discord that could be applied) epically if Tencent ( or affiliated stations) decides to rebroadcast. This will surely affect the popularity of PB and everyone involved can/ will suffer in the long run.

As they say timing is everything ask FJ or should we asking DJ :joy:

That's just my ten cents.:joy:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, katfindlay said:

After all that bonding in Aranya's dream, FJ didn't even say goodbye to Su Moye :mellow:

Probably one of the scenes that didn't make the cut. Gah, even significant scenes such as DH saying his piece about destiny got axed. (Now causing uproar because Tencent releases pics or teasers that aren't in actual episode).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Probably one of the scenes that didn't make the cut. Gah, even significant scenes such as DH saying his piece about destiny got axed. (Now causing uproar because Tencent releases pics or teasers that aren't in actual episode).

I guess so too. We also did not get to see how they got out. Donghua said there were two options: One was to make ChenYe realised that his efforts are futile and make him do whatever was necessary to get out. If this option fails, Chenye has to die and Donghua will destroy the dream to get out.  ChenYe died but we didn't get to see how they got out. I feel like this scene was also badly edited. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LaxClyne said:

There is barely any Chinese entertainment news besides the AO3 controversy with Xiao Zhan. No other dramas are getting promotions.

• Sad 1

Just finished watching the new episodes, they could've cut some of Meng's scenes and show us Dijun inquiring the stone of destiny and how they left Aranya's dream. Some of you already said it, it was really a significant moment. How their fate and their shadows's were linked. I'm mad and disappointed by the production.

• Like 3

To be honest, I don't really care about Dijun and the stone of destiny. He defies destiny, he doesn't care, blah, blah. When in fact Zhong Lin, Su Moye and Feng Jiu did most of the job in creating a chance for them to be together. What Dijun did in the process was sleeping. Maybe it's a good thing that he and his clumsiness did not interfere :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 10
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

I agrewe this could have explain to those who didnt read the book why donghua never saw fengjiu ,why fengjiu failed to get donghuas attention until they both reunited for baiqians wedding and the importnace or aryana dream arc and the tragedy of their lifes and why that tragedy meant for donghua and fengjiu  , the moment whne donghua say his epic line--. to me is a statment of how different he is for his other self in TMOPB where he only said there is nothing we can do against destiny ,this donghua says richard simmons destiny im gonna fight for this!!!, i cant belive they film it , decided to cut it and then just casually comment it later, i understand fans anger im angry about this like they said the edition tema had  lot of time ...i dont hate them the drama is great i just dont believe they let go  this important part of the story

Please can someone be kind and explain in details why donghua never saw FJ until Bai wedding? Im confused about all that shadow thing??? Thank you

• Like 1

The scenes that I found amusing were, when FJ invited DH and the rest to the restaurant and she thought she was dreaming seeing LS and Ahli there, so she pinched her self but she was actually pinching DH, or when LS trolling DH by taking the cakes slowly in front of DH. I also think it was funny when LS kept asking DH why FJ wanted the Pimpon fruit so badly to distract DH. Also when LS trying to peep inside the spring pool when FJ was taking a bath and he made an excuse that he left his fan there. I think anything with LS is amusing :D, never thought an immortal would love to gossip but apparently thats all what the immortals do there in jiuchongtian.. Gossiping. :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

Due to broadcasting regulations in China (there are new guidelines), they had to cut the episodes down to 60. 

The best place to have done so was reduce the mortal arc episodes down by 4 episodes and put more popular scenes into the rest of the story. The mortal arc is only briefly mentioned in the book but they wrote a whole story out for it in the series.

A lot of book readers don’t like the drag on that arc as Di Jun did not go to the mortal world at all but they changed it such that it is one of his journey to finding true love.

Another mistake is showing scenes in promotional content and then not show it in the actual show. That’s the fault of the marketing promo team. Don’t dangle carrots and take it away. It will make it feel like the show isn’t delivering and really that is what is driving the complaints.

I have worked in advertising in the past (was an art director) and choosing to show scenes in bts and other promo content and then finding out those scenes not making the cut is a bad idea. However, there is a caveat, they probably cut from 60 to 56 after all bts cuts were done.

The show delivered for me for the most part, however. The humour from the book was well portrayed (poisonous tongue, poisonous cooking, etc). Excellent casting and acting for the most part. People need to look on the bright side. 

Spoiler

I know people can’t understand why they featured Meng Shao but almost the entire royal family died in a flash with a wave of Miao Luo’s hand including Meng Shao, so they gave him some closure. He was also Feng Jiu’s good friend. The rest of their tribe were welcomed by Qing Qiu, the very place Meng Shao wanted to go. 

Spoiler

I like that Jie Lu became the new Queen of her tribe. She is the one person who can see things for what they are. The most memorable line from her is her seeing the truth. She said Music Teacher is running after Teacher, Teacher is running after Xiao Jiu and Xiao Jiu is trying to hide from him. This was the truth and she could also see that Feng Jiu likes Dong Hua too.

And the show also did motivate Tanq Qi into writing snippets of day to day life of the characters after they recovered. A lot of book readers have been bugging her for years to write outtakes and more about this couple. She has now delivered on this.

She also wrote almost a chapter long  from BGG point of view after meeting his Father Lord.

• Like 14
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 2