[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

You know, before Dong Hua realizes that Feng Jiu was his pet fox, he probably thought they were in a love square.

he likes FJ -> FJ seems to like XY -> XY obviously <3 JH -> JH likes DH

lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

9 hours ago, Megan said:

You can’t believe he ignored her all her life or throughout her exile?

All her life. He barely acknowledged her! But from DH's perspective, he probably thought he was being caring enough but providing her basic needs, like food and shelter.

8 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

This present Tianjun seems to be too hasty in deciding things. I can admire him though that even his kin will not be spared if they broke rules. 

My view is that Zhi He took advantage way too long of the prestige being the foster sibling of Dong Hua. So she grew spoiled, likely because people DH entrusted her to weren't able to discipline her. DH wasn't around much either - that period of her early years weren't exactly peaceful. It didn't help too that he indulged her. 

Though he did try to teach her something, it was quite late as she already thinks there's no point, he's there looking after her. Situation became worse when her feelings became territorial where he's concerned - she now sees DH in romantic light. Her obsession was her downfall, seeing that she was wilfully committing crimes so that DH becomes her husband.

Thus, there's a need for hard means to discipline and to make her realize her correct place - ZH's not going to be spared punishment even if she's DH's foster sister. That she's still subject to the laws in Jiuchongtian, and Tianjun has no issues enforcing the sentences whoever that immortal is.

In this light, the punishment of exile is the best way forward. 

Great points. It is the best punishment for her situation. 

ZH clearly thought by going through with the ceremony, she would be DH's wife forever.

Do you think she is too simple minded or she thought DH may have some affection for her, or she didn't know DH well to assume he wouldn't divorce her right away?

Hmm perhaps she was too desperate and blinded by love for DH, she made such a rash decision.

3 hours ago, Megan said:

You know, before Dong Hua realizes that Feng Jiu was his pet fox, he probably thought they were in a love square.

he likes FJ -> FJ seems to like XY -> XY obviously <3 JH -> JH likes DH

lol

lol...love it. 

It is easy to see why there were so many misunderstanding between DH and FJ. Without knowing their thoughts, DH and FJ's actions towards JH and XY can easily be misinterpreted to romantic interest.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

ZH clearly thought by going through with the ceremony, she would be DH's wife forever.

Do you think she is too simple minded or she thought DH may have some affection for her, or she didn't know DH well to assume he wouldn't divorce her right away?

Hmm perhaps she was too desperate and blinded by love for DH, she made such a rash decision.

ZH was so spoilt and allowed too much allowances, she probably never thought that DH will not protect her over everything. She probably grew up having everything she wanted and doing whatever she wants without fear of repercussions.

With her parents as likely models, DH provided for her needs and comfort, but for sure, he couldn't emotionally, and he might not be even there most of the time due to duties. He at least attempted to teach her some skills, but failed due to the mindset of ZH that he's her foster brother, so what's the point?

I believe she loved him, but it's the possessive and selfish kind because she regards DH as a possession with benefits. Granted, legions of females and some males (pretty sure it's not just the pretty lad!) had fallen for him, so it's not surprising that ZH fell for him too. 

ZH however is very impulsive, very insecure, and irrationally jealous in the book and adaptation. She hated Xiao Jiu's inate beauty and elegance, and she was cruel to her. She was also insanely envious of the baby fox because she's treated well by DH.

JH said that she once looked down on ZH, but now she despises herself because she turned out to be the same as her. IMO, it's their lack of restraint to be shameless grabbers of a man they want for themselves, disregarding whatever outcome and consequences after. They foolishly thought they'll never taste any punishments. Furthermore, they idiotically assumed their connections will spare them.

As it is, both women were similarly punished. Exile for ZH defrauding DH, and JH confined in demon realm. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3

Would you rather:

1) learn to play chess from Dong Hua or read Si Ming’s fate book?

2) receive medical treatment from Zhe Yan or Dong Hua

3) take love advice from Si Ming or Cheng Yu?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Megan said:

Would you rather:

1: Read Si Ming's fate book. There has to be some hilarious things going on in there! Learning to play chess from Dong Hua would just be frustrating. :lol: 

2: Dong Hua. 

3: Cheng Yu. Si Ming would stir up drama. :P

15 hours ago, Megan said:

Would you rather:

1. Dong Hua for further chess playing techniques coz not sure if Si Ming bagua will allow a peek into his books of fates.

2. Either of the two.

3. Neither. One is forever single, the other is in lifetimes of love dilemma. :lol: Better I go through the issues myself even if I am winging it. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

On 6/24/2020 at 6:37 PM, ChibiLy said:

That Tianjun appear to be bad at reading people and situations. 

Makes me wonder if he would be respected, if he did not have a title.

I can't believe how long DH just ignored ZH. I mean, DH isn't responsible for her life, but would ZH be like this if DH did sent her away earlier on? But I guess he had no solid excuse to do it.

The vibes I got from the book feel like Dong Hua did spoil her by just letting her do whatever she wanted. He did appreciate her parents giving him a roof over his head and food despite having 0 love from them.

Dong Hua has what you call a 桃花脸。A face that attracts all sorts of "peach" flowers (or interested women). Remember Dong Hua has said that he does not like to care for people who think too much about him. He said this to Ji Heng and it would undoubtedly also apply to Zhi He.

When it comes to love, Ji Heng and Zhi He are inconsequential to him compared to Feng Jiu. The red fox had long stolen his heart. "Behind the sea of Fuling flowers, hides a little red fox." (translated quote)

On 6/24/2020 at 5:35 PM, ChibiLy said:

1. Dancing from Feng Jiu. She seems like she will be  fun teacher. 

2. Tea lecture by Jiheng. At least Jiheng can pretend to be civil. Plus, I don't eat fish :sweatingbullets:

3. Sorrowless cake. The cakes look mouth watering.  Although Vengo mentioned how the food props tasted questionable.

1. Cooking. I have yet learn to cook, to my husband's dismay. FJ wouls be a great motivator.

2. Gossip. There would certainly be some interesting gossip floating around! 

3. Educate Xiao Yan. Lian Song is more than capable of wooing Cheng Yu with no help.

What Zhonglin said to her was a good wake up call. She was too sheltered and had everything catered to her demand. Hopefully she will self reflect and make some positive changes.

I did wonder if seeing FJ's reaction to ZH during the gathering, made DH more motivated to send her away.

She did however, remind Tian Jun that it would not be right to do so without any merit on Zhi He's part that didn't involve dancing...

Lian Song was telling Dong Hua how Feng Jiu's words are "double brushes" (have double meaning). 

Chong Lin could see how Feng Jiu is a good match for DH. That's why he told Zhi He the truth that no one else would have.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

Dong Hua has what you call a 桃花脸。A face that attracts all sorts of "peach" flowers (or interested women).

No doubt with Dong Hua's beautiful face. The backstory narrated by Zhe Yan why he hightailed to Jiuchongtian after years of demonesses then pretty boy invading his bed...:lol:

Hmm, flowers as interested women. I remember something somewhat like this in TMOPB when Shao Xin first came to the fox den. It was the Fox Queen teasing Bai Zhen about his blooming peach flowers, with Zhe Yan chuckling. 

She also described Bai Zhen in another scene that if he is a female, even Bai Qian will lose out to him. 

:fingerheartx:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

48 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

No doubt with Dong Hua's beautiful face. The backstory narrated by Zhe Yan why he hightailed to Jiuchongtian after years of demonesses then pretty boy invading his bed...:lol:

Hmm, flowers as interested women. I remember something somewhat like this in TMOPB when Shao Xin first came to the fox den. It was the Fox Queen teasing Bai Zhen about his blooming peach flowers, with Zhe Yan chuckling. 

She also described Bai Zhen in another scene that if he is a female, even Bai Qian will lose out to him. 

Actually he high tailed to Water Marsh school with Father God, not to nine heavens. He only moved to Nine heavens on retirement pretty much. This was hinted in an FAQ article we have :).

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

Actually he high tailed to Water Marsh school with Father God, not to nine heavens. He only moved to Nine heavens on retirement pretty much. This was hinted in an FAQ article we have :).

Hehehe, this was some sort of confusion with @jimmylyne a couple months ago, along with that timeline of DH being adopted by ZH's parents, and ZH telling baby fox FJ that she's with DH for 90,000 years.

For sure he is in the path or already is a war hero while ZH's parents were nearing the end of their lives. This was around the time too that Zhi He was born. 

The nightly ritual for years of throwing demonesses off his bed happened in Bihai Cangling, right? It's near their realm. For sure he doesn't live with the adoptive parents anymore. If he still was, they surely are too daring, or too much for the foster parents to stop them! :sweatingbullets:

If I'm right in estimating, DH only took over the care of ZH when he's already in Jiuchongtian, after Water Marsh, but before Tai Chen. Tai Chen has a side palace wherein Zhi He resides. The assumption is that this side palace was planned and built for her, so that's before moving to Tai Chen. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

3 hours ago, Ninky said:

Dong Hua has what you call a 桃花脸。A face that attracts all sorts of "peach" flowers (or interested women).

When it comes to love, Ji Heng and Zhi He are inconsequential to him compared to Feng Jiu. The red fox had long stolen his heart. "Behind the sea of Fuling flowers, hides a little red fox." (translated quote)

Lian Song was telling Dong Hua how Feng Jiu's words are "double brushes" (have double meaning). 

Chong Lin could see how Feng Jiu is a good match for DH. That's why he told Zhi He the truth that no one else would have.

I love both Bai Zhen in TMOPB and ELOD.. they're beautiful..methinks what will BGG think of Bai Zhen's ?

PB1 page 188

He was singularly the most extraordinary deity in the world... wherever he stood, scenery turned into paradise.( I love this phrases.  It's the truth)

Bedazzled by his good look..(FJ's pov)

"Good looking uncle..." - BGG on DH  ( very observant and his first impression on XY tho....lol pretty sister).

Even Shen Ye who born from DH'S shadow, his appearance was just as handsome..

PB2 page 310

“You are ridiculously handsome and ridiculously intelligent, pity you keep that straight face on all day long. Obviously, your
serious face is more handsome than your smiling one,...." -  Lord Xixe to Shen Ye..

*Behind the sea of Fuling flowers, hides a little red fox.*

Apparently Miaoluo is very observant ..she know about FJ as DH's love interest even DH himself didn't realise his own feeling toward FJ is actually ..love.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

I love both Bai Zhen in TMOPB and ELOD.. they're beautiful..methinks what will BGG think of Bai Zhen's ?

I actually thought there's no denying they're relatives if BGG and ELOD Bai Zhen are together side by side.

When they met, he must have said something similar like he did to DH. Bai Zhen Yeye :blush:

Apparently Miaoluo is very observant ..she know about FJ as DH's love interest even DH himself didn't realise his own feeling toward FJ is actually ..love.

DH can't help himself. The way his eyes look when he gazes at FJ revealed how much love and affection he feels for the red fox. :heart:

• Like 3

Would you rather:

1) teach Dong Hua how to cook or Feng Jiu Buddhist sutras?

2) steal one of Nie Chuyin’s fur pelts or steal food from Feng Jiu

3) wear clothes from Qingqiu or the Sky Kingdom (it doesn’t have to be limited to ELOD; the clothes from the movie were gorgeous!)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I actually thought there's no denying they're relatives if BGG and ELOD Bai Zhen are together side by side.

When they met, he must have said something similar like he did to DH. Bai Zhen Yeye :blush:

DH can't help himself. The way his eyes look when he gazes at FJ revealed how much love and affection he feels for the red fox. :heart:

Pretty grandpa uncle ? 

Ikr.. DH'S expressive affectionate eyes is very telling. If anyone pay attention to how intense his gazes , how fascinated he's with FJ ( especially at the Tea class scene) they should've know DH likes FJ very much.. especially JH..she did know but such a shame she likely just ignored it and try to compete with FJ with her obnoxiously ways.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

PB2  page 279/280

The third prince of Heaven had a famous saying:

'Look at the love to see the lover.'

For example,

there was the passionate kind of love,

the steady kind of love, and also 

the courteous kind of love. 

There were people who loved very much but said very little.

Then there were people who love very much and said just as much.

One could not say that someone else's feelings weren't love just because his love was different from one's own.

She(FJ) had always admired the third prince for being an expert in love affairs.

( I didn't know why? but I'm laughed at this words)

If he had personally said them, then they were naturally good advices.

She used this good advice to test on Aranya and Chen Ye. She thought that in
the past two years, despite his unfriendly demeanor to Aranya, despite his
unconcerned words, perhaps he was the kind of man who loved very much but said very little. His love was exactly the courteous kind of love.

FJ summarised Shen Ye's love toward Aranya is the courteous kind of love (loved very much but said very little).

So what category do guys think of DH's loved toward FJ and SXR's loved toward Xiao Jiu?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Pretty grandpa uncle ? 

Ikr.. DH'S expressive affectionate eyes is very telling. If anyone pay attention to how intense his gazes , how fascinated he's with FJ ( especially at the Tea class scene) they should've know DH likes FJ very much.. especially JH..she did know but such a shame she likely just ignored it and try to compete with FJ with her obnoxiously ways.

The fox clan members are naturally alluring. :love: But I'm happy BGG gets to know his father first.

Fuzi immediately knew. Even Jielu who has a crush with DH also knew he's smitten. This young lass however was so levelheaded, she never took it against FJ, and even got over the crush without fuss.

DH's eyes are different even with a casual look to FJ. The warmth, affection, the smoulder were all there, and he sees all of her. Even the minutest things like the minuscule tea leaf in her hair, or that knot in her hair. Wasn't he cute when he was asking if she didn't comb her hair? :relaxed:

JH couldn't accept with grace that "teacher" has someone in his heart who makes him smile. She was so petty competing with FJ by reasoning there's no partner for her - she could have been just grouped with Jielu and Xiao Yan for the tea making. JH is so shameless too, she actually followed DH and FJ to eavesdrop! 

Little does JH know that the competing acts she is displaying for everyone to see are just showing why DH loves FJ, not her!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

PB2  page 279/280

For example,

One could not say that someone else's feelings weren't love just because his love was different from one's own.

She(FJ) had always admired the third prince for being an expert in love affairs.

unconcerned words, perhaps he was the kind of man who loved very much but said very little. His love was exactly the courteous kind of love.

FJ summarised Shen Ye's love toward Aranya is the courteous kind of love (loved very much but said very little).

So what category do guys think of DH's loved toward FJ and SXR's loved toward Xiao Jiu?

I think its a mixture! 

But if it is strictly in one category, 

DH's love towards FJ is steady.

He said alot for his standard, but not enough for FJ to understand.

SXR's love for Xiao Jiu is more passionate.  Not that it wouldn't turn steady if he was given the time and opportunity. SXR did and said alot to prove his love for her.

To the point that his people thought he was mesmerized by Xiao Jiu. He wasn't really. I thought he just knew Xiao Jiu is the right one for him and she would never intentionally harm him.

What do you think?

12 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

PB1 page 188

He was singularly the most extraordinary deity in the world... wherever he stood, scenery turned into paradise.( I love this phrases.  It's the truth)

Bedazzled by his good look..(FJ's pov)

"Good looking uncle..." - BGG on DH  ( very observant and his first impression on XY tho....lol pretty sister).

Even Shen Ye who born from DH'S shadow, his appearance was just as handsome..

PB2 page 310

“You are ridiculously handsome and ridiculously intelligent, pity you keep that straight face on all day long. Obviously, your
serious face is more handsome than your smiling one,...." -  Lord Xixe to Shen Ye..

BGG is like FJ. They both appreciate good looks!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

35 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

PB2  page 279/280

For example,

SXR - passionate and steady. Can't say he's very courteous to Xiao Jiu - as the emperor, he's more used to courtesy accorded to him. Rather, he's having possessive streaks, like that roasted yam, or who tasted the sorrowless pastry first.

DH - courteous, steady, passionate kind of love. He loves her as she is, respects her views and preferences. As for the passionate part... too many! Let's just watch again! Hahaha! Well, that heart ring. I think that's all of his love for FJ - he loves her so much, he would continuously protect her, even after the end of his life.

:heart4:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Pretty grandpa uncle ? 

The way they look at each other makes me believe in love!

DH doesn't normally make eye contact and almost seems like he looks through people. FJ is the one person he seems to have this insatiable desire to have eye contact and physical touch with. 

28 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

DH's eyes are different even with a casual look to FJ. The warmth, affection, the smoulder were all there, and he sees all of her. Even the minutest things like the minuscule tea leaf in her hair, or that knot in her hair. Wasn't he cute when he was asking if she didn't comb her hair? :relaxed:

FJ certainly can do no wrong in DH's eyes. As long as it does not involve another male, I swear DH thinks everything FJ does is cute.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Megan said:

Would you rather:

1) teach Dong Hua how to cook or Feng Jiu Buddhist sutras?

2) steal one of Nie Chuyin’s fur pelts or steal food from Feng Jiu

3) wear clothes from Qingqiu or the Sky Kingdom (it doesn’t have to be limited to ELOD; the clothes from the movie were gorgeous!)

1. Neither. They don't need me, they can teach each other. Haha.

2. I'd risk the fur pelts. I don't want to face DH over food. 

3. I like BQ's white dress as Su Su in Jiuchongtian. That one in ep26 TMOPB. And FJ's red dress in ep28 TMOPB. Mortal realm ELOD dresses, the pink one in Aranya's dream, and the purple number in finale are beautiful.

• Like 3