[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

19 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Thoughts about the editing and continuity of episodes. I think we got spoilt by the sad preview and were already crying buckets watching them. The previews were edited in such a way that the sadness lingers and flows with emotions. The actual episodes and scenes, not so much. I was getting ready to be consumed with sadness watching the scenes of a broken DH and FJ and before my tear could fall, they cut to the scenes of the Demon World and people talking about murder and killing. Huh? Then, my tear went back to my eyes. Haha...

After that, they cut back to a sad DH and a sad FJ. Goodness, can't they just make the flow of the episodes better? The choppy editing really did cut off steam here.

The spent too much time in the Meng Shao, Lian Song and Xiao Yan goodbye scene. Meng Shao kept talking and talking about his unrequited love for FJ, XY then advised him to go and just declare his love. Ok, so he went. I thought after that, he will be done. NO! The three stooges then went on a talking marathon again. MS kept blabbering while XY and LS just listened. I was like, come on! I felt bad for XY and LS really. The have no spoken lines at all, just stood there listening to MS. What kind of scenario is this and of what importance is has to the storyline? Nada. Waste of a good few minutes that could have been used for other more important cut scenes.

As mentioned earlier, they did film the DH asking about his fate. That scene is so precious and should not have been taken away. I want to see him defy his fate and with an arrogant look utter his famous quote!

They also did not show scenes of a dejected DH searching the worlds for FJ. In the broadcasted episodes, he was busy forming allies and thinking of ways to defeat ML. All his heartbreak is again relayed by ZL. I know that in the book, ZL did say all of those but if they have just shown how DH was frantically searching for FJ, it would have made a greater impact.

Fans are already saying this few episodes shouldn't be called Three Lives Three World, it should be renamed to Cut Lives Cut World  ( 三 ) San - Three in Chinese replaced with (删) San - Delete/Cut

Lol

Three Lives Three World, it should be renamed to Cut Lives Cut World  ( 三 ) San - Three in Chinese replaced with (删) San - Delete/Cut

funny

cut lives cut world instead :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

20 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

@aRiAe one of my fave scenes, so natural :wub: maybe they added adlib.

Yup, this one I really really love too! Argh, sorry folks for ranting too much about the later episodes. I just need to focus on their love and sweet sweet interactions. Gives me cavity tbh!

In the scene at the Blue Sea, I love DH's monologue about FJ. He said that before this, FJ wasn't really herself with him. She always have this reserved courtesy. She showed a more matured side and couldn't express herself freely. At the Blue Sea, DH finally knows who she really is. Someone who is carefree and loves to Sa jiao (撒娇) - aegyo. He likes her better this way. He feels like he want more of her coy and flirtatious ways. She makes him happy. Love Love Love!

• Like 4
  • Naughty 1
  • Love 9
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

But again, maybe this is their way to pique interest and when they do release the uncut version, fans will line their pockets with buckets of gold. :phew:

I would gladly give them my kingdom for those 60 episodes hahaha.

To  anyone who has a weibo account coulbe you be so kind to share us what is the general feeling there is it more satisfaction or disappointment???

• LOL 5

11 minutes ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

I would gladly give them my kingdom for those 60 episodes hahaha.

To  anyone who has a weibo account coulbe you be so kind to share us what is the general feeling there is it more satisfaction or disappointment???

Huge disappointment with calls to release the uncut version immediately. :sweat_smile:

I would advise against going to Weibo and reading the comments. It will really make you feel dejected. I am going to just stay here for the time being. The backlash is huge. No kidding.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

@aRiAe one of my fave scenes, so natural :wub: maybe they added adlib.

Yeah, agree it could be adlib. In my own bubble I am imagining that it's their way of showing their true emotions. :D even their previous kisses were so telling. It had left me dead for few weeks now. This is not me, this is my soul giving the reply. :joy::joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

17 hours ago, LaxClyne said:

Im not Chinese but when you search about her she's slated to be a big one. She's just new in the industry but she's already at top 5 popular actress atleast with just Yang Mi, Zhao LiYing Yang Zi ahead of her or in between. 

Reba is the bigger/better actor compared to Vengo but, I guess, Vengo's DH is so remarkable its his best yet I cant stop gushing about him too :love: Im in love actually :joy::heart:

btw, Dilraba is freaking gorgeous. She's the new beauty I saw which makes me asked myself 'Why I wasn't born this beautiful?' :bawling::heartbreak::joy::heart: Im gonna watch out for her too.

She's indeed beautiful! i wonder if she's full chinese or half something like that ? im really confused. now beside YangMi i like her a lot!! :heart:  for Vengo Gao, i love him too!! maybe i like every artist came from yangmi's studio Artist :joy: HAHAHAHAHA

I hope I will see them again in Movie or Drama as Couple because i really love the chemistry and natural interaction, and this is the reason why is hard for me to see reba couple to other actors :bawling::heartbreak:

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, aRiAe said:

Yeah, agree it could be adlib. In my own bubble I am imagining that it's their way of showing their true emotions. :D even their previous kisses were so telling. It had left me dead for few weeks now. This is not me, this is my soul giving the reply. :joy::joy:

My favorite thing about this couple for me is actually when they stare at each other :wub: even their stares have chemistry! Its like you are the only one for me stare :D

• Like 4
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Zelnk said:

I think much of the disappointment are not with the actors but with the editing :D maybe the cutting of the episode was a last minute thing.

I don't think so much as a last minute thing. They just didn't plan it very well. Kept the unnecessary and edited out the principal scenes. Bad call, bad judgement, that's how I see it. The actors were top notch, that's for sure. No complain there whatsoever.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, aRiAe said:

I agree with the OP. This is my most favorite scene. The forehead kiss was really telling 

I love this scene, i roll my body in my bed while watching this even tho i don't understand what they talking about HEHEHE I JUST LOVE SEEING THEM TOGETHER :heart::bawling:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

42 minutes ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

I think we must start a petition or something to tencent to release the uncut version like they did with the untamed , im in general satisfied but it could have been better than e final was a little bit rush it definitely affected they have to cut from 60 to 56 episodes but they cut some important scenes we need the full version !!

I want to start the petition, do we create it using the change.org? Any sample of how the untamed  petition look like? I can only write in English, maybe its more effective if it's in Mandarin?

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, janine Ang said:

She's indeed beautiful! i wonder if she's full chinese or half something like that ? im really confused. now beside YangMi i like her a lot!! :heart:  for Vengo Gao, i love him too!! maybe i like every artist came from yangmi's studio Artist :joy: HAHAHAHAHA

I hope I will see them again in Movie or Drama as Couple because i really love the chemistry and natural interaction, and this is the reason why is hard for me to see reba couple to other actors :bawling::heartbreak:

dilireba is uyghur one of the 56 chinese ethnics they are kind off half "Turkish " and Half chinese the province where she is from is xingjinag in the north of china their dances,music and their dialect resembles Muslim culture I think the uygur women are really pretty the demon princess in ten miles of peach blossoms is also an Uyghur

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

My biggest gripe about the ending episodes is WHY did they cut off the scene of DH asking the Destiny Stone about his and FJ's fate. That is the most important part in the later episodes!! Worst, they didnt show DH saying his famous line about Destiny and Charity and instead have ZL repeated it back to FJ. Ugh.

Yeah me too, that Destiny stone scene is so much more important than the scenes where Mengshao, Liansong and XiaoYan get together to talk about his love for FJ :angry: 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

I don't think so much as a last minute thing. They just didn't plan it very well. Kept the unnecessary and edited out the principal scenes. Bad call, bad judgement, that's how I see it. The actors were top notch, that's for sure. No complain there whatsoever.

Thay had a lot of time for editing!!!! 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

Thay had a lot of time for editing!!!! 

i think that is my big and  only real problem with the drama,  honestly i dont know what happend there... i mean the followed the book pretty close i don`t know why did they cut such important  scenes !!! and also i think the bgm in some scenes was a little bit anticlimatic too , i love the BGM but in some scenes i whish they would have used another one . 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Yup, this one I really really love to! Argh, sorry folks for ranting too much about the later episodes. I just need to focus on their love and sweet sweet interactions. Gives me cavity tbh!

In the scene at the Blue Sea, I love DH's monologue about FJ. He said that before this, FJ wasn't really herself with him. She always have this reserved courtesy. She showed a more matured side and couldn't express herself freely. At the Blue Sea, DH finally knows who she really is. Someone who is carefree and loves to Sa jiao (撒娇) - aegyo. He likes her better this way. He feels like he want more of her coy and flirtatious ways. She makes him happy. Love Love Love!

Oh yes, I just finish rereading the book and it was just so endearing. Their love story is just so pleasing to watch and the love they have for each other is immeasurable.

I love TMOPB that is for sure, but PB just surpass YH and BQ love story. How even "FATE" was the one to give up and gave way for DJ and FJ'S love because of FJ's hardwork and sincerity. I love how FJ's character grew from how innocent she is with her love and chase after DJ to being the one DJ chase and sacrifice everything for. 

I never considered nor looked at FJ's love for DJ as obsessive. For me it was innocent and well controlled. She expresses her love given the time and opportunity and she distanced herself if the situation calls for it. I have to commend BQ for raising her as an amazing person. No wonder our Ice-faced DJ was moved and fell inlove with her in the end. 

My apologies for long post. I am just so inlove with DJ and FJ's love story.

• Like 5
  • Love 4

29 minutes ago, janine Ang said:

I love this scene, i roll my body in my bed while watching this even tho i don't understand what they talking about HEHEHE I JUST LOVE SEEING THEM TOGETHER :heart::bawling:

Hahaha...rolling your body in your bed! You're too cute! I can totally imagine you doing that. I was squealing and punching hubby (who was asleep). Oh well, sorry honey, you got a crazy fan girling wife for the night.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7