[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

25 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Just for a laugh Tang Qi deliberately gave this Immortal Lord, who wrote the Articles of impeachment with Di Jun's help, with such a name:- 

多议神君 Immortal Lord Duo Yi 

It literally means Immortal Lord Talk a Lot! 

or Immortal Lord of Many Opinons. 

HAHAHAHAHA!

That is HILARIOUS!!!!!  I love it when there are those hidden details. 

46 minutes ago, Ninky said:

It's a double boiled soup. With very expensive ingredients like abalone, dried scallops, chinese medicinal herbs and deer sinews. And yes double boiling takes longer than the usual boiling. You put the stuff in one clay urn with the liquids and then you put it inside a larger urn with boiling water. 

https://www.wokandkin.com/buddha-jumps-over-the-wall-soup/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddha_Jumps_Over_the_Wall

Never had it!  It does sound interesting to try but Id have to find a resturant that makes it well. -lol.

26 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Tsk. Poor Fei Wei. How will he make this now for his master after Di Hou leaves? :phew:

I saw the ingredients in the link...that chicken has to be black chicken? Where to get deer sinews. Will goat's or lamb's do? :sweatingbullets: I don't think it's something I can make, since I don't eat pork.

Lol.  think of the poor grandson who will now need to assist in that being made though ingredients are no longer a big issue!

• Wiggle 2

31 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Deer is venison so it's not pork. It's closer to beef. But I am sure you can use lamb.

One of the ingredients in one link was pork, but pretty sure beef or lamb can be a replacement. About that black chicken, I guess normal chicken will have to do? Only the deer sinews, hahaha, and next time I can visit either China Mall or Dragon Mart here, the herbal medicine ingredients. :D

35 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Just for a laugh Tang Qi deliberately gave this Immortal Lord, who wrote the Articles of impeachment with Di Jun's help, with such a name:- 

多议神君 Immortal Lord Duo Yi 

It literally means Immortal Lord Talk a Lot! 

or Immortal Lord of Many Opinons. 

Dong Hua approves! Hahaha!

38 minutes ago, Ninky said:

And btw, I am not sure if they ate anything she cooked in the end as they were engaged in something else altogether.

Day after, LOL! BGG will expect them to have a meal together the next day, hahahaha!

• LOL 1
  • Blob 1

Just finished watching ELOD, can't get enough of our couple. Am so in love with Reba and Gao, lucky i saw this thread and now i can start reading the book. Thank you for this and hoping that we get to see them again in another drama and of course the two of them getting married in real life :fullofhearts:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

36 minutes ago, Jacquelyn De Lara said:

Just finished watching ELOD, can't get enough of our couple. Am so in love with Reba and Gao, lucky i saw this thread and now i can start reading the book. Thank you for this and hoping that we get to see them again in another drama and of course the two of them getting married in real life 

Welcome to the thread @Jacquelyn De Lara!:glee:

In the thread, we both discuss the drama and the novel, sometimes the actors and actresses. :) Hope you enjoy reading The Pillow Book, and also the recently released novella of The Pillow Book: Back to Chaos in a Dream, both by the author Tang Qi. There is also a blog page dedicated to all about the 3L3W, for more info that will enhance the reading and the watching. You can find the blog in this page

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, Jacquelyn De Lara said:

Just finished watching ELOD, can't get enough of our couple. Am so in love with Reba and Gao, lucky i saw this thread and now i can start reading the book. Thank you for this and hoping that we get to see them again in another drama and of course the two of them getting married in real life :fullofhearts:

Welcome! there are some good outtakes/epilogues on the blog too.

Then you need to read the Back to the Chaos which is set 10yrs after the end of the Pillow Book.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

6 hours ago, Ninky said:

Have anyone of you tried the soup, Buddha Jumps over the Wall? It's a real dish. I have actually tried it. Feng Jiu can make it hahahaha! It's a very expensive dish btw!

Oh yea I know that dish. Damn DH is a lucky man to try a variety of her cooking. It is very very expensive loll. I'm not a big fan of heavy soup but it looks delicious. If I'm lucky one day haha I'll def try it. How does it taste like?

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

30 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Working on the final 2 pages of translation of Chapter 8 sorry for taking forever coz RL is currently kicking me in the butt!

It's OK, we'll be waiting. Well-being and rest should be first when RL is like being in a battle. ^_^

tumblr_oqth8mlvTI1rhrmq2o1_1280.jpg

Happy weekend everyone! 

• Awesome 1

23 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

It's OK, we'll be waiting. Well-being and rest should be first when RL is like being in a battle. ^_^

Happy weekend everyone! 

I feel far from that cat LOL. That's a lazy fat cat having so much snacks!

• LOL 2

I have always said Di Jun has a ruthless streak, so here's a snippet of proof from Chapter 8:

Besides, when the total scores were settled after the war, Di Jun gave them a lesson that would undoubtedly leave a considerably deep impression: High God Fu Ying and his supporters responsible for the uprising were all killed, leaving no one behind; Amongst the Ghost and Monster races, anyone and their clans who supported the rebellion were all settled one by one. It had only been seven days, but the blood of the rebels and dissidents had dyed the entire earth of the Western Realms in red.

That's why the Elders plotted and impeached him. Fear drove them to do it but in the end they must have all been deposed by Dong Hua as well. That's why Di Jun told Su Mo Ye that when he deals with such matters, it needs to be complete. This is what he meant. Leave no traces behind.

On 5/7/2021 at 12:41 PM, Khue N said:

Oh yea I know that dish. Damn DH is a lucky man to try a variety of her cooking. It is very very expensive loll. I'm not a big fan of heavy soup but it looks delicious. If I'm lucky one day haha I'll def try it. How does it taste like?

Taste like abalone soup :D

• Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

I feel far from that cat LOL. That's a lazy fat cat having so much snacks!

Ahahaha, Simon's cat is a spoiled cat. :D

41 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Fear drove them to do it but in the end they must have all been deposed by Dong Hua as well.

Why do I think that's the story behind his unique recipe of sweet and sour fish??? :crazy: Fed them his signature dish until they all lost their cultivation and they just preferred to fade?

• LOL 3

7 hours ago, Ninky said:

I have always said Di Jun has a ruthless streak, so here's a snippet of proof from Chapter 8:

Besides, when the total scores were settled after the war, Di Jun gave them a lesson that would undoubtedly leave a considerably deep impression: High God Fu Ying and his supporters responsible for the uprising were all killed, leaving no one behind; Amongst the Ghost and Monster races, anyone and their clans who supported the rebellion were all settled one by one. It had only been seven days, but the blood of the rebels and dissidents had dyed the entire earth of the Western Realms in red.

That's why the Elders plotted and impeached him. Fear drove them to do it but in the end they must have all been deposed by Dong Hua as well. That's why Di Jun told Su Mo Ye that when he deals with such matters, it needs to be complete. This is what he meant. Leave no traces behind.

Taste like abalone soup :D

It's hard to believe these Elders were actually so stupid as to impeach DH. Shouldn't they have know better? I know fear and greed can drive people to the most foolish acts...but trying to impeach DH just exceeds mere stupidity imo. 

6 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Ahahaha, Simon's cat is a spoiled cat. :D

He is! haha 

6 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Why do I think that's the story behind his unique recipe of sweet and sour fish??? :crazy: Fed them his signature dish until they all lost their cultivation and they just preferred to fade?

Could it have impaired the elder's judgement as well... ? FJ is a walking miracle though...she just lost some fur!

• LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

His ruthlessness was a warning they shouldve headed instead of thinking they could use political red tape to contain him.

The thing is that the other elders had ambitions to take over the now conquerored and appearingly well setup lands. Lands that no longer needed DH.  In real life, this has occurred often in real life too.  And loyal generals or fighters find themselves removed from power, killed or somehow disgraced specifically to allow others to take over what they achieved.

It also doesnt help that for the most part military mindsets and political mindsets have different goals.  One is about assuring victory and best outcome at minimal cost and in shortest timeframe.   The other is about long game and will accept compromises, and accumlate grudges for paybacks and also achieve results in the very very long term.

• Like 3

The thing is, the impeachment was technically a trap Di Jun set for the Elders to show their true colours. Remember that he engineered the whole thing by probably talking Duo Yi into writing the article of impeachment in the first place. 

He told Zhe Yan that he did this on purpose so that he can see where people truly stand in this political strife. It is clear to him who his supporters and detractors were after that. 17/20 elders voted to impeach him but 3 did not.

This is a long game and fish net cast by Di Jun. Don’t feel sorry that he got impeached as everything is in his control. He purposely gave the Elders an opportunity to stab him in the back. It’s part of his long game to his eventual success. 

Anyway you all can read it for yourselves tomorrow. I m now down to three paragraphs left to translate and the editors had a chance to edit through most of it already. 

I love the lovey dovey at the end though. *wink.

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

Could it have impaired the elder's judgement as well... ? FJ is a walking miracle though...she just lost some fur!

That darn fish could have been his own gentle version of truth serum. Well, between that and the Cang'he...is there any real, good choice? 

Yeah, FJ is special. She was thinking of that bad cook of a wife while forcing herself to swallow the fish. It's quite interesting there - the husband ate with gusto the badly cooked food, she too ate Dijun’s poison fish. IMO, that was sign they were meant to be what ever Fate or Destiny say in contrary, LOL! The spouse can tolerate the bad cooking,  hahaha!

××÷÷÷××××÷÷××

Dijun had known these hypocrites Elders - he told Zhe Yan how happy and relieved they were before when he first left. 

Working behind the scenes for his own "downfall", he cleverly got the names of those who want him out. ^_^ It would only be a matter of time for him to have them gradually replaced by Elders loyal to his leadership and are for the good of the realms.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

That darn fish could have been his own gentle version of truth serum. Well, between that and the Cang'he...is there any real, good choice? 

Yeah, FJ is special. She was thinking of that bad cook of a wife while forcing herself to swallow the fish. It's quite interesting there - the husband ate with gusto the badly cooked food, she too ate Dijun’s poison fish. IMO, that was sign they were meant to be what ever Fate or Destiny say in contrary, LOL! The spouse can tolerate the bad cooking,  hahaha!

Indeed, contrary to what fate or destiny say, she's his! Others dropped after half a bite...or just the memory of one! 

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Dijun had known these hypocrites Elders - he told Zhe Yan how happy and relieved they were before when he first left. 

Working behind the scenes for his own "downfall", he cleverly got the names of those who want him out. ^_^ It would only be a matter of time for him to have them gradually replaced by Elders loyal to his leadership and are for the good of the realms.

DH doesn't leave anything to chance and does things thoroughly...

Not many (if any) would go the length DJ went to create stability, or have the insight to do so.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

11 hours ago, Ninky said:

The thing is, the impeachment was technically a trap Di Jun set for the Elders to show their true colours. Remember that he engineered the whole thing by probably talking Duo Yi into writing the article of impeachment in the first place. 

He told Zhe Yan that he did this on purpose so that he can see where people truly stand in this political strife. It is clear to him who his supporters and detractors were after that. 17/20 elders voted to impeach him but 3 did not.

This is a long game and fish net cast by Di Jun. Don’t feel sorry that he got impeached as everything is in his control. He purposely gave the Elders an opportunity to stab him in the back. It’s part of his long game to his eventual success. 

Anyway you all can read it for yourselves tomorrow. I m now down to three paragraphs left to translate and the editors had a chance to edit through most of it already. 

I love the lovey dovey at the end though. *wink.

Oh I fully understand that is what was DH's intention.  Its just very rare for someone to excel at both military and political battlefields which is why he really deserved the Master of the Universe title. :)  But still, even though the trap was set and the net cast, the Elders couldve showed some moral character and not chosen to be so ungrateful and petty. 

Cant wait to see the next chapter!

Slightly off topic but figure there are plenty here who might know the answer.   Ive seen various pieces of tai chi and other objects that have the 4 guardian beasts on them.

According to the wiki they are:

Black Tortoise of the North (also called "Black Warrior")
Azure Dragon of the East
Vermilion Bird of the South
White Tiger of the West

However some of the objects have the vermilion bird be depicted as being besides the black tortoise instead of opposite. Any ideas why they might do this?  Here is one example where the white tiger appears opposite black tortoise:

il_300x300.2851024958_puit.jpg

• Like 2