[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

17 hours ago, Ninky said:

@Romulan I would suggest following the story of Lotus Step as we translate it. It is important to understand many of the concepts Tang Qi will touch on as the story progresses. Lian Song is but a small part of it.

There are many important mythical facts you need to know as time goes on. The story also has plenty of humour. There is a secondary romance in it (hint between 2 flowers) and it has the biggest humorous element in it. So my recommendation is still to read it as we list new chapters. You will also know a lot more about Zu Ti as she was when she was a God, she had several envoys that are very important to the story. Some of them have been around her for a long time even when she is mortal. 

So you dont think I should wait until vol.2?

:)  I do plan to read them all eventually.

I am looking forward to reading them all!

On 4/30/2021 at 1:03 PM, MayanEcho said:

When Lian Song went to mortal realm,  he went for a purpose and not actually for going through a mortal trial. Similar to BQ when she went on to become Yuan Zhen's master.

Possibly due to the concept of mortals gaining immortality from cultivation, and that since Yuan Zhen was also the Crown Prince in the mortal realm, it gives even more possibility. Emperors in ancient China were regarded as Sons of Heaven due to their enormous responsibilities and power they wield.

You can read more about it in this page: https://www.worldhistory.org/Chinese_Emperor/

I do know about the Sons of heaven concept. there are quite few similar thoughts to that in the SouthEastern American Indian and Central American Indian cultures.

On 4/30/2021 at 1:03 PM, MayanEcho said:

I rather think it was more on their demeanor and postures. SXR has sunny personality and was quite informal with his inner circle, while Shen Ye after Aranya's demise was hunched, and he looks tired. Shen Ye looked so vital and sure before he lost her.

Dong Hua is timeless, because he looks so serene and very comfortable and confident with himself. His eyes looks like he had seen it all, and he also has that air of authority and restraint.

True that, I had wondered if it was also the bangs in the hair styles but you are right.  SXR leaned back alot and did the open postures.   It was really showed V's acting chops.  He had to play 2 different Shen Ye's, Dong Hua, SXR, and Xie Ye (though to be fair that was mostly just the same as Dong Hua)

I though it was really interesting.  D had a fair variety to do too.  :)

• Like 4

Working hard on Chapter 8 so we can get it edited!

1 hour ago, Romulan said:

So you dont think I should wait until vol.2?

:)  I do plan to read them all eventually.

I am looking forward to reading them all!

I do know about the Sons of heaven concept. there are quite few similar thoughts to that in the SouthEastern American Indian and Central American Indian cultures.

True that, I had wondered if it was also the bangs in the hair styles but you are right.  SXR leaned back alot and did the open postures.   It was really showed V's acting chops.  He had to play 2 different Shen Ye's, Dong Hua, SXR, and Xie Ye (though to be fair that was mostly just the same as Dong Hua)

I though it was really interesting.  D had a fair variety to do too.  :)

@RomulanI'd say start reading as we post them. You need to understand what's happening in Vol 1, there are plenty of Aha moments. 

Kudos to Vengo's acting as he totally felt different when playing the three characters.

On the scriptwriting end though, I actually didn't like how they did the mortal arc in the show. I think they should have used Tang Qi's set up where Dong Hua did NOT actually go to the mortal realm at all. The truth was, it was just a rumour created by Tai Chen palace to hide the fact that he was sleeping for 100 years. It took Tang Qi three books including TMOPB to set it up and they just wasted it. Although I can see exactly why they chose to go that route. But based on the comments I see in the show on VIKI, all it did was confuse book readers and show watchers alike. 

And I also felt the mortal arc was too long as 12 episodes of it is far too much. This part only occupied a few paragraphs of the book but they had to spin 12 episodes of yarn out of it. Cutting it down to about 8 and adding more to the end would have made the show almost 100% for me. The ending was far too rushed and would have been better served with more episodes there. 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

56 minutes ago, Ninky said:

On the scriptwriting end though, I actually didn't like how they did the mortal arc in the show. I think they should have used Tang Qi's set up where Dong Hua did NOT actually go to the mortal realm at all. The truth was, it was just a rumour created by Tai Chen palace to hide the fact that he was sleeping for 100 years. It took Tang Qi three books including TMOPB to set it up and they just wasted it. Although I can see exactly why they chose to go that route. But based on the comments I see in the show on VIKI, all it did was confuse book readers and show watchers alike. 

And I also felt the mortal arc was too long as 12 episodes of it is far too much. This part only occupied a few paragraphs of the book but they had to spin 12 episodes of yarn out of it. Cutting it down to about 8 and adding more to the end would have made the show almost 100% for me. The ending was far too rushed and would have been better served with more episodes there. 

I thought that they could've condensed part of the Dream too by 2 episodes or show us more of what originally happened vs just dragging it out.  Also wish they had DH's mounts as well as the others helping with the ward.

2 hours ago, Romulan said:

I thought that they could've condensed part of the Dream too by 2 episodes or show us more of what originally happened vs just dragging it out.  Also wish they had DH's mounts as well as the others helping with the ward.

The dream arc is around 80% of the vol2, so IMO its drama adaptation number of episodes is just right. Like @Ninky mentioned, the mortal arc could've been shorter by 2-4 episodes, in favour of better editing of the ending episodes. Then there would have been no filler, made up scenes that do nothing for the story, and the very important story portions that were edited off would have been included for the final edit.

We could've seen Aranya's prison scenes with Qing Hua, and Dong Hua stating his views about his fated or unfated relationship with Feng Jiu, and not fearing Destiny nor asking its charity. The prison scenes were in actual teasers released, and rather than Zhong Lin recalling for Feng Jiu that Dong Hua asked the elderly fairy of what does the Stone of Destiny says for him and Feng Jiu, that whole scene could have been actually shown.

For me, the Ji Heng as Chuwan and the Minsu look alike maid aren't needed at the mortal arc at all. Only Nie Chuyin had to, and if the book plot was followed, for the role of demon in disguise as a priest that would attempt to murder the Emperor, but it was Ye Qingti who died instead.

About the starlight ward, in the book it's really only Mo Yuan, Ye Hua, Bai Qian, and Xiao Yan who helped break it up. There were no appearances of any of Dong Hua's mounts in the book either, only that they were mentioned by Zhe Yan in that infamous narration to Feng Jiu of what made Dong Hua choose the Gods' race.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

The dream arc is around 80% of the vol2, so IMO its drama adaptation number of episodes is just right. Like @Ninky mentioned, the mortal arc could've been shorter by 2-4 episodes, in favour of better editing of the ending episodes. Then there would have been no filler, made up scenes that do nothing for the story, and the very important story portions that were edited off would have been included for the final edit.

We could've seen Aranya's prison scenes with Qing Hua, and Dong Hua stating his views about his fated or unfated relationship with Feng Jiu, and not fearing Destiny nor asking its charity. The prison scenes were in actual teasers released, and rather than Zhong Lin recalling for Feng Jiu that Dong Hua asked the elderly fairy of what does the Stone of Destiny says for him and Feng Jiu, that whole scene could have been actually shown.

For me, the Ji Heng as Chuwan and the Minsu look alike maid aren't needed at the mortal arc at all. Only Nie Chuyin had to, and if the book plot was followed, for the role of demon in disguise as a priest that would attempt to murder the Emperor, but it was Ye Qingti who died instead.

About the starlight ward, in the book it's really only Mo Yuan, Ye Hua, Bai Qian, and Xiao Yan who helped break it up. There were no appearances of any of Dong Hua's mounts in the book either, only that they were mentioned by Zhe Yan in that infamous narration to Feng Jiu of what made Dong Hua choose the Gods' race.

Oh?  I thought someone mentioned the mounts aiding in the fight too prior to Mo Yuan, Ye Hua, Bai Qian, and Xiao Yan arriving. 

Yeah I thought that whole arc of them being in the mortal bit it was probably due to some agreement so the actress would let the book rights be used.    I too wanted more of the prison and Arianna flashback scenes scenes.  --I still need to finish reading Hamster's translations.

Oh something I was thinking would be fun would be to collect quotes or phrases that seem either memorable, or are fun to use.   --Definitely need DH s vows as one set of quotes.  But lots of good zingers with DH and ZL.

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Oh?  I thought someone mentioned the mounts aiding in the fight too prior to Mo Yuan, Ye Hua, Bai Qian, and Xiao Yan arriving. 

In the book, there were no mounts, only the silver light turning into dragon, phoenix, and unicorn for Dong Hua, and Miao Luo's miasma taking the form of a three tailed python. 

The black miasma behind the demoness coalesced into a three-tailed python that behaved like a giant beast with its own cognizance. It was recklessly seeking opportunities to attack the wall in order to destroy and break free from the confinement. At times, the silver light behind the purple-robed deity turned into a dragon, at times a phoenix, other times a unicorn, determinedly fighting off the three-tailed python. (PB2, p474)

Oh something I was thinking would be fun would be to collect quotes or phrases that seem either memorable, or are fun to use. 

There are plenty! Dong Hua on fate and Destiny was the most famous of course, but there are others that are very poignant and downright funny.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

35 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

In the book, there were no mounts, only the silver light turning into dragon, phoenix, and unicorn for Dong Hua, and Miao Luo's miasma taking the form of a three tailed python. 

The black miasma behind the demoness coalesced into a three-tailed python that behaved like a giant beast with its own cognizance. It was recklessly seeking opportunities to attack the wall in order to destroy and break free from the confinement. At times, the silver light behind the purple-robed deity turned into a dragon, at times a phoenix, other times a unicorn, determinedly fighting off the three-tailed python. (PB2, p474)

There are plenty! Dong Hua on fate and Destiny was the most famous of course, but there are others that are very poignant and downright funny.

Yep there were no mounts,they were spirit animals that were conjured by Dong Hua's magic. Cang He Sword itself means Dragon Combo Sword. Tang Qi meant the ancient word Cang which denote the Azure Dragon (Cang Long). So I can also tell you that Bi Hai Cang Ling, technically also means The Heavenly Jade Sea of Dragon Spirit, which makes total sense to me. And I am amending the notes in my Back to Chaos chapters to reflect this change and why I changed it.

"Cang" is used in modern chinese to denote Blue / green colours but the truth is Tang Qi referenced it to the dragon as it was in Ancient Texts.

For the record I am considering translating the entire ending chapter of Pillow Book again. Different translators have different interpretations I would like to showcase my version on the blog sometime in the future. And also Miao Luo is a Monster (Yao) manifestation of the three poison miasma, she is not a demoness as depicted in the series. Neither is she the leader of the demons. The only leader that the Demon Race ever had was High Goddess Shao Wan, and she has not returned as yet. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Ninky said:

For the record I am considering translating the entire ending chapter of Pillow Book again. Different translators have different interpretations I would like to showcase my version on the blog sometime in the future.

The more versions, the merrier. It's always good to explore different perspectives. By the way, are there any noted differences for the Pillow Book Samsara edition to the previous editions?

44 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Cang He Sword itself means Dragon Combo Sword. Tang Qi meant the ancient word Cang which denote the Azure Dragon (Cang Long). So I can also tell you that Bi Hai Cang Ling, technically also means The Heavenly Jade Sea of Dragon Spirit, which makes total sense to me.

It makes sense too the dragon connection,  since Dong Hua is an emperor. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

The more versions, the merrier. It's always good to explore different perspectives. By the way, are there any noted differences for the Pillow Book Samsara edition to the previous editions?

It makes sense too the dragon connection,  since Dong Hua is an emperor. 

No difference in the editions

• Blob 1

11 hours ago, Ninky said:

No difference in the editions

15 hours ago, Ninky said:

Yep there were no mounts,they were spirit animals that were conjured by Dong Hua's magic. Cang He Sword itself means Dragon Combo Sword. Tang Qi meant the ancient word Cang which denote the Azure Dragon (Cang Long). So I can also tell you that Bi Hai Cang Ling, technically also means The Heavenly Jade Sea of Dragon Spirit, which makes total sense to me. And I am amending the notes in my Back to Chaos chapters to reflect this change and why I changed it.

"Cang" is used in modern chinese to denote Blue / green colours but the truth is Tang Qi referenced it to the dragon as it was in Ancient Texts.

For the record I am considering translating the entire ending chapter of Pillow Book again. Different translators have different interpretations I would like to showcase my version on the blog sometime in the future. And also Miao Luo is a Monster (Yao) manifestation of the three poison miasma, she is not a demoness as depicted in the series. Neither is she the leader of the demons. The only leader that the Demon Race ever had was High Goddess Shao Wan, and she has not returned as yet. 

Would love to read it!  --any chance that if you get done with that and the Lotus steps.. you might consider doing the TMPBs ? or at least key chapters from there? 

Also what do you think of having a quotes/phrases post or sub thread? 

2 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

When Feng Jiu knew she looked to adorable but went ahead and scolded Dijun anyway :lol:

Love this blend. DH looks so amused. :D and perhaps even a little impressed. 

Yea she was so annoyed that she couldnt keep them hidden. Lol..

He is definitely amused, i think equally that she is angry and that she went to confront him.

• Wiggle 2

33 minutes ago, Romulan said:

She couldn't control her tails appearing because her cultivation wasn't high against the effects of the space compression magic. ^_^

In the book she can only see Lian Song like a silhouette, whereas she is seen clearly by the 3rd Prince. Also, her tails were not merely out, she was in her nine-tailed fox form. (PB1, p196-201)

@SilverDawn Though Reba is very cute as Feng Jiu with her tails out, I think it would have been even more adorable if she was a fox instead, arguing with Dong Hua and trashing his handkerchief then leaves after making faces at him. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

36 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

She couldn't control her tails appearing because her cultivation wasn't high against the effects of the space compression magic. ^_^

In the book she can only see Lian Song like a silhouette, whereas she is seen clearly by the 3rd Prince. Also, her tails were not merely out, she was in her nine-tailed fox form. (PB1, p196-201)

@SilverDawn Though Reba is very cute as Feng Jiu with her tails out, I think it would have been even more adorable if she was a fox instead, arguing with Dong Hua and trashing his handkerchief then leaves after making faces at him. :lol:

I agree I would love to see her in her 9 tailed fox form and chew him out while in that form.  

51 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

So funny thing, in a FB group they were posting about Word of Honor dolls and I thought one of them looked like it was really similar to Dong Hua DJinn.  What do you guys think?

H9c2daed89bb64e539e26335834eb71eae.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

41 minutes ago, Romulan said:

I agree I would love to see her in her 9 tailed fox form and chew him out while in that form.  

In the drama she only ran away from him as a nine-tailed fox in Fanyin Valley. I would have liked it too if there was that scene wherein DH burnt XY's hands because he petted the sleeping fox FJ. :rolleyes: 

46 minutes ago, Romulan said:

So funny thing, in a FB group they were posting about Word of Honor dolls and I thought one of them looked like it was really similar to Dong Hua DJinn.  What do you guys think?

Same blue shade as that ep30, and almost the same dress except he was wearing blue below the torso. If there aren't fringes and it's all brushed up then it's DH drama version.

• Like 1

You know something else I would love to see at some point?  Feng Jui in 9 tails form, shoulder lounging on Dong Hua DJinn.   Especially with someone new and DJinn waiting to see how long it takes for someone to mention his fashion accessory  -lol!

1 minute ago, MayanEcho said:

In the drama she only ran away from him as a nine-tailed fox in Fanyin Valley. I would have liked it too if there was that scene wherein DH burnt XY's hands because he petted the sleeping fox FJ. :rolleyes: 

Same blue shade as that ep30, and almost the same dress except he was wearing blue below the torso. If there aren't fringes and it's all brushed up then it's DH drama version.

Wait  DH did that to XY?  I really need to finish reading those PDFs...

that wouldve been much better than the whole JiHeng in mortal realm bit.

Yea. One of the other outfits looked similar to WW from the Untamed but is suppose to be all Word of Honor series!

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

17 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Wait  DH did that to XY?  I really need to finish reading those PDFs...

He did. Jealous Grandpa. :sweat_smile:

Bundled in her blanket, she wondered if everything had been but a Huangliang dream. It was the 15th, and she had gone out for drinks with Meng Shao and Xiao Yan. The girls were beautiful, the wine intoxicating, and she had been knocked out until now. Because of her rich imagination, she was able to dream up such a realistic dream. This was a possibility. As she was about to step down to go wash her face, Xiao Yan lifted the curtain and walked in. 

Fengjiu couldn't control her eyes from twitching. Xiao Yan's outfit was very unique today. On top, his silk shirt was red; on bottom, his shiny trousers were barley green. Draped on his shoulder was a shawl just as glossy and green as his trousers. He looked exactly like a giant carrot freshly pulled out from the snow.

The giant carrot woefully looked at Fengjiu. “Someone took a liking to this compound and told me to move out. I've already packed. I came to say goodbye to you. Time is boundless, I'll come to visit when I'm free.”

Fengjiu didn't know what was going on. “Are you still sleeping or am I still sleeping?”

The carrot swiftly zoomed toward Fengjiu but stopped three paces short of reaching her. “I can't come any closer to you. The thing is...” His voice suddenly rose high as he begged to her, “Don't go back to sleep, listen to me first!”

Fengjiu listened haphazardly, and as it turned out, everything hadn't been a dream. In Xiao Yan's words, he got lost last night half way into his exploration. By the time he returned, Fengjiu was nowhere to be found. He worriedly searched for her through the night without any result. When he tiredly came back to Jifeng Yuan, he was surprised to find a little scarlet fox sleeping soundly on her bed. His sworn enemy Donghua Dijun was sitting in a trance watching the sleeping fox. Such a trance it was, he didn’t even notice Xiao Yan had come near. Xiao Yan had thought it rather peculiar, so when Donghua had briefly left the room, he'd taken his chance to sneak in. At this point, Xiao Yan became somewhat emotional. He said he didn't know the scarlet fox on the bed was Fengjiu. He thought it was a new rare animal Donghua had captured on a hunt. It was so adorable that he couldn't help himself and went to cuddle the animal. That was when tragedy fell. 

Fengjiu took a look at the carrot's bandaged hand which resembled a pig trotter and laughed, “Did I breathe a fireball and burn your hand in my sleep? I told you I'm pretty wicked.” “No, not at all,” the carrot told her. “Ice Face came out of nowhere and stood leaning against the doorway. I hadn't time to react by the time my hands were already turned into this. I couldn't hold you anymore because of my condition so I dropped you back onto the bed. But surprisingly you didn't wake from the drop at all. Then I woefully discovered that I couldn't come any closer than three paces from your bed. I was going to retaliate when Ice Face suddenly asked me if I'm living with you, and for how long have we lived together.”

Fengjiu scratched her head and explained to the carrot, “It's like this. On cold days when I fall asleep, I'd unconsciously turn back into my original form. In that form, I don't feel cold and it's easier to sleep. But what did Dijun mean…?”

“I don't know either. But basically I don't remember for how long we've lived at this place. Because I don't remember, I told him six months or thereabout. I was occupied with trying to recall the exact length of time we've lived together so I didn't pay attention to him. By the time I turned around, he had used the paralysis spell on me. He frowned and looked at me for a long time, then out of nowhere said he liked me.”

Fengjiu fell over and slammed her head against the bed frame. The person who still hadn't realized he had uttered a lethal incomplete sentence went on to complain: “Out of nowhere said he liked my garden house.” Then he stopped and looked at Fengjiu in surprise. “How did you bump your head? Doesn't it hurt? Whoa, what a big bun!” (PB1, 240-242)

LMAO, FJ got a head bump because she thought DH likes XY!

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1

6 hours ago, Romulan said:

Would love to read it!  --any chance that if you get done with that and the Lotus steps.. you might consider doing the TMPBs ? or at least key chapters from there? 

Also what do you think of having a quotes/phrases post or sub thread? 

He is definitely amused, i think equally that she is angry and that she went to confront him.

I will be cherry picking chapters of pillow book to work on after the vol 1 of lotus steps or as and when I have some free time. I am working on chapter 8 and 9 of outtake now. I am hoping to post 8 in the next 2 days during my off days from work. I have been working longer hours the past week so it's going slower than usual. But seems like the busy days at work is finally tapering off. 

Will probably do the fun parts of Pillow Book vol 1 and vol 2 as a chapter of the week thingy for the blog! All the memorable scenes hehe.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

6 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

He did. Jealous Grandpa. :sweat_smile:

Bundled in her blanket, she wondered if everything had been but a Huangliang dream. It was the 15th, and she had gone out for drinks with Meng Shao and Xiao Yan. The girls were beautiful, the wine intoxicating, and she had been knocked out until now. Because of her rich imagination, she was able to dream up such a realistic dream. This was a possibility. As she was about to step down to go wash her face, Xiao Yan lifted the curtain and walked in. 

Fengjiu couldn't control her eyes from twitching. Xiao Yan's outfit was very unique today. On top, his silk shirt was red; on bottom, his shiny trousers were barley green. Draped on his shoulder was a shawl just as glossy and green as his trousers. He looked exactly like a giant carrot freshly pulled out from the snow.

The giant carrot woefully looked at Fengjiu. “Someone took a liking to this compound and told me to move out. I've already packed. I came to say goodbye to you. Time is boundless, I'll come to visit when I'm free.”

Fengjiu didn't know what was going on. “Are you still sleeping or am I still sleeping?”

The carrot swiftly zoomed toward Fengjiu but stopped three paces short of reaching her. “I can't come any closer to you. The thing is...” His voice suddenly rose high as he begged to her, “Don't go back to sleep, listen to me first!”

Fengjiu listened haphazardly, and as it turned out, everything hadn't been a dream. In Xiao Yan's words, he got lost last night half way into his exploration. By the time he returned, Fengjiu was nowhere to be found. He worriedly searched for her through the night without any result. When he tiredly came back to Jifeng Yuan, he was surprised to find a little scarlet fox sleeping soundly on her bed. His sworn enemy Donghua Dijun was sitting in a trance watching the sleeping fox. Such a trance it was, he didn’t even notice Xiao Yan had come near. Xiao Yan had thought it rather peculiar, so when Donghua had briefly left the room, he'd taken his chance to sneak in. At this point, Xiao Yan became somewhat emotional. He said he didn't know the scarlet fox on the bed was Fengjiu. He thought it was a new rare animal Donghua had captured on a hunt. It was so adorable that he couldn't help himself and went to cuddle the animal. That was when tragedy fell. 

Fengjiu took a look at the carrot's bandaged hand which resembled a pig trotter and laughed, “Did I breathe a fireball and burn your hand in my sleep? I told you I'm pretty wicked.” “No, not at all,” the carrot told her. “Ice Face came out of nowhere and stood leaning against the doorway. I hadn't time to react by the time my hands were already turned into this. I couldn't hold you anymore because of my condition so I dropped you back onto the bed. But surprisingly you didn't wake from the drop at all. Then I woefully discovered that I couldn't come any closer than three paces from your bed. I was going to retaliate when Ice Face suddenly asked me if I'm living with you, and for how long have we lived together.”

Fengjiu scratched her head and explained to the carrot, “It's like this. On cold days when I fall asleep, I'd unconsciously turn back into my original form. In that form, I don't feel cold and it's easier to sleep. But what did Dijun mean…?”

“I don't know either. But basically I don't remember for how long we've lived at this place. Because I don't remember, I told him six months or thereabout. I was occupied with trying to recall the exact length of time we've lived together so I didn't pay attention to him. By the time I turned around, he had used the paralysis spell on me. He frowned and looked at me for a long time, then out of nowhere said he liked me.”

Fengjiu fell over and slammed her head against the bed frame. The person who still hadn't realized he had uttered a lethal incomplete sentence went on to complain: “Out of nowhere said he liked my garden house.” Then he stopped and looked at Fengjiu in surprise. “How did you bump your head? Doesn't it hurt? Whoa, what a big bun!” (PB1, 240-242)

LMAO, FJ got a head bump because she thought DH likes XY!

After that Di Jun moved in after he traded rooms with XY.  It was all in his game plan to win his Empress over. But it's interesting that at that time he wasn't even aware that he was unconsciously doing that. XY truly didn't know she was a red nine-tailed fox despite being her yardmate for 6 months. 

Also when they turn back into their natural forms, it is known as "primal" form. That's the "correct" mythical way of translating it, as opposed to original form. This is a term coined by the Fantasy genre. Basically they return to their prime form (or primary form) if you like.

7 hours ago, Romulan said:

Those 2 look like Lian Song and Di Jun LOL

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1