[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

1 hour ago, Romulan said:

Hooray! Ty! Also thank you for the glossary.

Adding it to my reference list of characters to memorize! :)

Oh I dunno about a slap.  If he hadnt gotten mislead by the school newletter would Dong Hua ever have gotten better at those other classes?  Besides tough road to be teaching young geniuses!

Do we ever find out more background about their Fuzi? 

Completely random question are there any other multi tail foxes mentioned in the stories?

I know that the Japanese's kitsune gains tails based on age or ability.   and I know that 1 tailed foxes are common in ELOD just since the 9 tails get mentioned so much i was wondering if there might be some other multi tails?

No the idea for the nine tailed foxes came a chinese classic but in her lore, only qing qiu are a clan of 9 tailed foxes. Feng Jiu’s mother isn’t a 9 tailed fox but a single tail scarlet fox.

The master is a very minor character so unlikely for TQ to write more about him. But TQ implied that the teacher was a fool. The “brilliant”  idea was sarcasm.

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

These elders would try some underhanded tricks against him after getting what they want from him, aren't they? 

You are correct. Those elders are part of the rot. There is a chinese saying: 上梁不正下梁歪 (shang liang bu zheng xia liang wai)。 - if the beam at the top is not straight, the beam at the bottom will be crooked. The Elders are at the top, they are corrupted so this means that the chance of having corrupted people under them is probably high too. 

The way Dong Hua cleaned out the rot and restored order is what everyone else read about 270,000 years later. As you know he was the one who installed a Tian Jun later on. And he deliberately retired to Tai Chen palace so he can keep his eye on these people. Make sense? 

So he isn’t really “retired” everyone is still goddamn scared of him hundreds and thousands of years later

• Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, Ninky said:

The master is a very minor character so unlikely for TQ to write more about him. But TQ implied that the teacher was a fool. The “brilliant”  idea was sarcasm.

Maybe he would make another appearance if Bodhi Fate has school dedicated chapters when Shao Wan and Mo Yuan were seat mates. :lol:

2 hours ago, Ninky said:

The Elders are at the top, they are corrupted so this means that the chance of having corrupted people under them is probably high too. 

They should be given DH's sweet and sour fishes until they lose all cultivation they have... -_- And that's being kind for their petty games of one-upmanship.

• LOL 4
  • Wiggle 1

12 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Mo Yuan's Idea of a Joke

Mo Yuan: Dong Hua, I'm bestowing you a title.

Dong Hua: Oh?

Mo Yuan: Yes.

:approves:

Imperial Jade High Saint of the Eight Realms, Succor of the World, Saviour of the Suffering, Dong Hua of the Purple Mansion, Emperor Lord of the Young Sun.

:hwaiting2:

Gracias @Ninky @nitepolaris @SC2019 :foryou:

LMAO! Mo Yuan Mo Yuan, realllllly?! :surprisedwut:

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1

5 hours ago, Ninky said:

You are correct. Those elders are part of the rot. There is a chinese saying: 上梁不正下梁歪 (shang liang bu zheng xia liang wai)。 - if the beam at the top is not straight, the beam at the bottom will be crooked. The Elders are at the top, they are corrupted so this means that the chance of having corrupted people under them is probably high too. 

The way Dong Hua cleaned out the rot and restored order is what everyone else read about 270,000 years later. As you know he was the one who installed a Tian Jun later on. And he deliberately retired to Tai Chen palace so he can keep his eye on these people. Make sense? 

So he isn’t really “retired” everyone is still goddamn scared of him hundreds and thousands of years later

Ha! After the 1st episode of TMOPB I had figured out that he just let someone else be the main front man while he could watch and handle things nicely and without most even realizing he had manuevered everything until after it was completed!

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

They should be given DH's sweet and sour fishes until they lose all cultivation they have... -_- And that's being kind for their petty games of one-upmanship.

Agree, and although his sweet and sour fish is poisonous, I'd suggest he adds a little rat poison to accommodate the rats posing as high and mighty.

I can understand Xiao Yan's perception of the Celestials a bit better in this light. 

5 hours ago, Ninky said:

It makes sense now! I love how things are slowely unfolding and there's so much more to DH and the story then what has been told and repeated for the history books. 

• Wiggle 1

5 hours ago, ipohtown said:

@Ninky @nitepolaris @SC2019  and

@UnluckyWhiteCat

thanks for all your hard work in translating those chapters. 

Thank you so much I read them several times today :)

@UnluckyWhiteCat I like the notes you added in chapter 2, they add more dimension to the conversation and give the reader an idea of how sweet talk HG Zhe Yan can be.  He is so funny in the last paragraph. 

@Ninky Many thanks for glossary and notes. They are quite clear and give more understanding of these words. 

6 hours ago, Ninky said:

Then FJ came along, read all the history books about him and worship him ever since her childhood. 

DH is a great strategist and a genius. He knew what would happen 200 years in advance before MY disappeared. 

He is worthy of being the Master of Heaven and Earth. I wonder what other ruthless things he has done to get to that point? Will there be more in this PB extra or perhaps Bodhi Fate? In PB, it does not come across that he is ruthless. 

13 hours ago, Ninky said:

Dong Hua may look cold but he had the compassion to understand how Mo Yuan felt after losing the love of his life. He got angry on his behalf and if course poor Zhe Yan bore the brunt of it. He is just a messenger, the poor thing. I can just imagine Mo Yuan’s hurt! That pain which probably never healed which is why he is still single at 360,000 years old.

True. I wonder what was the conversation they had before MY started the war. May be we will be clear in Bodhi Fate.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Well, Dong Hua speaks so little...it's only appropriate that his full title is a mouthful, if only to make him talk more, LOL!

:doggie:

There is only one person in the world he spoke the most to - Feng Jiu. He is so talkative and shameless with her.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

16 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Mo Yuan's Idea of a Joke

Mo Yuan: Dong Hua, I'm bestowing you a title.

Dong Hua: Oh?

Mo Yuan: Yes.

:approves:

Imperial Jade High Saint of the Eight Realms, Succor of the World, Saviour of the Suffering, Dong Hua of the Purple Mansion, Emperor Lord of the Young Sun.

:hwaiting2:

Gracias @Ninky @nitepolaris @SC2019 :foryou:

:coolshades:Sounds more like Shao Wan probably told Mo Yuan to give Donghua that long title before she died. One last joke between old friends:byebye2:

• Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, SilverDawn said:

Agree, and although his sweet and sour fish is poisonous, I'd suggest he adds a little rat poison to accommodate the rats posing as high and mighty.

I can understand Xiao Yan's perception of the Celestials a bit better in this light. 

It makes sense now! I love how things are slowely unfolding and there's so much more to DH and the story then what has been told and repeated for the history books. 

Why do you think BGG failed his ancient history test? The real events his father taught him is quite a bit different from what they wrote in those historical analects....

• LOL 2
  • Wiggle 2

1 hour ago, SilverDawn said:

He would have heard something, aside from read what happened during the wars. XY had a good master. :)

44 minutes ago, Pesca said:

He is worthy of being the Master of Heaven and Earth. I wonder what other ruthless things he has done to get to that point? Will there be more in this PB extra or perhaps Bodhi Fate? In PB, it does not come across that he is ruthless. 

He was that recluse monk, ice faced grandpa of Tai Chen who spent time fishing if not reading or annotating Buddhist Books. He won't even duel with XY until he was forced to. After leaving the evil lotus realm, DH had beaten him up before going to Mt Baishui  for medicinal herbs.

Though his tranquil life in Tai Chen seems so much a contrast on what was in Ancient History texts FJ and others studied in school, one thing for sure: What was written of him being that legendary bloody warrior won't be mere exaggeration of historians, since there are still other ancients who could vouch for what he is capable of on the battlefield. 

44 minutes ago, Pesca said:

True. I wonder what was the conversation they had before MY started the war. May be we will be clear in Bodhi Fate

That would concern Shao Wan's impeding fate of dying when she opens that portal to let the humans be in their own world before they are totally annihilated as casualties of the wars between the demons, celestials, and ghouls. Mo Yuan led celestials to the wars to stop more wars, saving the humans and sparing Shao Wan of the fate awaiting her.

• Like 2

Also, I wonder what all of the ancient gods will think when they come back and see the new world.

Especially Shao Wan she never got to see the mortal realm before she died. How sad :(

Speaking of Shao Wan, I dont think she'll be getting much alone time once Mo Yuan sees her again. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Why do you think BGG failed his ancient history test? The real events his father taught him is quite a bit different from what they wrote in those historical analects....

Originally when I read that, I had thought that prehaps DH had a different opinion on the facts.  But later after hearing tidbits from back to chaos I started to realize that it was indeed the teacher that had facts wrong... 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

Sounds more like Shao Wan probably told Mo Yuan to give Donghua that long title before she died. One last joke between old friends

Sigh. I rather think the "Succor of the World, Saviour of the Suffering" are Shao Wan's.

21 minutes ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

Speaking of Shao Wan, I dont think she'll be getting much alone time once Mo Yuan sees her again. 

If Kunlun can be moved to the Southern Realm so that Mo Yuan's mountain is next to hers, he certainly would...more than 260,000 years he missed her.

• Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, Pesca said:

Thank you so much I read them several times today :)

@UnluckyWhiteCat I like the notes you added in chapter 2, they add more dimension to the conversation and give the reader an idea of how sweet talk HG Zhe Yan can be.  He is so funny in the last paragraph. 

@Ninky Many thanks for glossary and notes. They are quite clear and give more understanding of these words. 

Then FJ came along, read all the history books about him and worship him ever since her childhood. 

DH is a great strategist and a genius. He knew what would happen 200 years in advance before MY disappeared. 

Actually I saw his ruthless side in PB book version. When they were in Aranya’’s dream, he told Su Mo Ye that he needs to “completely get rid of the problem and not leave anything behind”. There is a word that stands out here in chinese it’s 彻底。(means complete and thorough)

He was referring to the two evil sisters. Their punishment was engineered by DH. The king was supposed to catch Feng Jiu in bed with Su Mo Ye but as it turned out, DH had already played his hand and made them guilty. So he engineered it so the youngest princess would be banished for a while and Ju Nuo executed.

So he is ruthless when he has to be. In this outtake you will see later just how ruthless he can be.

So he did in fact get rid of the “problem”.

True. I wonder what was the conversation they had before MY started the war. May be we will be clear in Bodhi Fate.

We will most likely see this in Bodhi Fate.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Actually I saw his ruthless side in PB book version. When they were in Aranya’’s dream, he told Su Mo Ye that he needs to “completely get rid of the problem and not leave anything behind”. There is a word that stands out here in chinese it’s 彻底。(means complete and thorough)

He was referring to the two evil sisters. Their punishment was engineered by DH. The king was supposed to catch Feng Jiu in bed with Su Mo Ye but as it turned out, DH had already played his hand and made them guilty. So he engineered it so the youngest princess would be banished for a while and Ju Nuo executed.

So he is ruthless when he has to be. In this outtake you will see later just how ruthless he can be.

So he did in fact get rid of the “problem”.

arg!!! you tease me with such things to look forward to!

Why cant they invent the process where you get a shot of RNA and learn a language in a couple days (and be sick for a week but you get context as well as language -accent is debatable..)

By the way what was the reason for the Terrace that Su-Su jump off of.

I dont understand its reason for existing up in the heavens?

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Romulan said:

arg!!! you tease me with such things to look forward to!

Why cant they invent the process where you get a shot of RNA and learn a language in a couple days (and be sick for a week but you get context as well as language -accent is debatable..)

By the way what was the reason for the Terrace that Su-Su jump off of.

I dont understand its reason for existing up in the heavens?

As the name implies it literally means Immortal execution platform. I guess i dont have to tell you what that means?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1