Quantcast

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

15 minutes ago, Lazuria said:

What is the reason for the reduction of Chinese dramas to 40 episodes? This only applies to the drama is a fantasy or not? Last year and this year, there were dramas for 50 or 60 episodes. Can we hope that the Lotus Steps drama will release at least 50 episodes?

That was a decision from last year to allow more dramas getting shown. If it's more than 40eps, it must have had the permit for more episodes before the rule was enforced. Given that dramas take months or even years before it is aired, this year and probably even until next year there would still be more than 40eps dramas. The more recently filmed dramas are mostly 40eps or less, unless perhaps the rules make an exception why it is more.

For Lotus Steps, if it is adapted for drama, two seasons would be better IMO. One each for mortal and immortals arcs, 30 to 40eps per season.

• Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Replies 19.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MayanEcho

• Ninky

• jimmylyne

• Megan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fresh out of the oven! ELOD translation team presents author Tang Qi's 7th epilogue for The Pillow Book. We hope you get the joke because it is hilariously funny to the bones!!!    Source : @

Ok - for those wondering what Vengo said during his interview (I only translated up to this point. The rest was his message for his love rivals, which I won't go into, his appreciation to viewers for

The ELOD translation team have finally completed the English translation of Tang Qi's latest Pillow Book Epilogue. We hope you will enjoy the read! Shameless DH in action yet again!   S

13 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

That was a decision from last year to allow more dramas getting shown. If it's more than 40eps, it must have had the permit for more episodes before the rule was enforced. Given that dramas take months or even years before it is aired, this year and probably even until next year there would still be more than 40eps dramas. The more recently filmed dramas are mostly 40eps or less, unless perhaps the rules make an exception why it is more.

For Lotus Steps, if it is adapted for drama, two seasons would be better IMO. One each for mortal and immortals arcs, 30 to 40eps per season.

Ah that makes sense.  Yeah -but they could be 2 seasons that air the same year??? :p   One in the spring the other in the fall?   

I do love that whole sense when she is sick and unconcious and it reminds me of when she deliberately did the whine trick when she was the 1 tailed red fox and she comments on it working on her mom too. 

I dont know if it d fit in anywhere but Id love of a scene of Gun-Gun and Feng Jui playing tag in their Fox forms while DJinn watches amused or puts various surprises in their wake. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1
16 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Thank you for explaining this nuance to me:). On the one hand, it's good that more dramas will be released, but on the other hand, some dramas, especially if they are filmed based on novels, require more episodes than the censorship and new rules allow.

4 volumes of the book for 40 episodes is very small, which means that global changes will be made to the plot. Yes, I also hope for 2 seasons, but this is such a rarity for Chinese dramas. Of great importance will be the budget invested in the drama and the consent of the actors for more than 1 season

And wasn't the reduction in episodes due to the fact that many dramas began to stretch the plot and add a lot of screen time to minor characters.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1
20 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

She does, and not only her knows him. I think even if FJ won't tell her family, her niece came back from that first mortal sojourn in mourning dress and hairpin for her mortal husband. FJ was also telling "Migu" after she run off the blind dates about the white lotuses in Pundarika pond, and which would have been Ye Qingti's.

At the end of the letter, Bai Qian wondered since when had Donghua investigated Ye Qingti's matter. His action clearly showed that he wanted to use Ye Qingti to force Fengjiu's hand. He really did find a good way to seek her out. She continued by saying Fushen had once remarked that Donghua had reached the state of single-mindedness in the nine mental abidings where good and evil were separated by but one thought. What he did was so unkind that perhaps he had lost his balance and was entering straight to the dark side. (PB2, p444)

I wonder if that chalked up a bit to him thinking he was going to die soon,and Ye Qingti as his successor could choose to re-open it later.    (really need to get time to read the Pillow Book! I wanted to read where Mo Yuan, Bai Qian and Ye Hua show up to help. also want to see DJinn's spirit creatures in actions!)  

Customs question, what exactly happens at Chinese weddings?  Ive seen bits in several shows but it seems like no matter the ceremony afterwards the wife gets to sent to wait alone in the bed chambers, with just her servants while the groom greets and mingles with guests and family (and get offered many drinks). 

Shouldnt the bride be with him to greet everyone and celebrate with her friends too? 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1
3 minutes ago, Romulan said:

I dont know if it d fit in anywhere but Id love of a scene of Gun-Gun and Feng Jui playing tag in their Fox forms while DJinn watches amused or puts various surprises in their wake. 

I've seen an artist's comic style rendition of a similar scene, it's very funny! It's a long photo, and the dialogue has to be translated.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
6 minutes ago, Lazuria said:

Thank you for explaining this nuance to me:). On the one hand, it's good that more dramas will be released, but on the other hand, some dramas, especially if they are filmed based on novels, require more episodes than the censorship and new rules allow.

4 volumes of the book for 40 episodes is very small, which means that global changes will be made to the plot. Yes, I also hope for 2 seasons, but this is such a rarity for Chinese dramas. Of great importance will be the budget invested in the drama and the consent of the actors for more than 1 season

And wasn't the reduction in episodes due to the fact that many dramas began to stretch the plot and add a lot of screen time to minor characters.

Cant they film multiple seasons at the same time? and then just release the episodes out in 2 groups?

2 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I've seen an artist's comic style rendition of a similar scene, it's very funny! It's a long photo, and the dialogue has to be translated.

I would love to see it!  Trying to convince my sister to do  Ye Hua, A'Li and Bai Qian in their forms too.  

• Wiggle 1
28 minutes ago, Lazuria said:

The new drama The Blue Whisper of Reba with Ren Jialun is 2 seasons of 30eps each. 

Of great importance will be the budget invested in the drama and the consent of the actors for more than 1 season

It will likely be a package deal to appear in more than one season, since it is also possible to shoot all the scenes for both seasons while filming. IMO, the cast would agree for that arrangement. Especially since not so long ago they would film for more than 50eps. :)

And wasn't the reduction in episodes due to the fact that many dramas began to stretch the plot and add a lot of screen time to minor characters

True. Some filler scenes might be good, but sometimes it just makes the story bad. I'm glad the new rules can curb this practice. Not that it's going to affect the creative direction of the drama, but it should make the filming more creative in the scenes while it adheres to the story and max number of episodes.

24 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Customs question, what exactly happens at Chinese weddings?  Ive seen bits in several shows but it seems like no matter the ceremony afterwards the wife gets to sent to wait alone in the bed chambers, with just her servants while the groom greets and mingles with guests and family (and get offered many drinks). 

Shouldnt the bride be with him to greet everyone and celebrate with her friends too? 

I haven't attended yet an actual Chinese wedding, but according to friends who have Chinese lineage, there would be gold dowries from the groom for the girl, and quite elaborate ceremonial customs to follow from engagement to when the groom and bride are married.

This post seems to confirm what they said. :)

https://www.brides.com/chinese-wedding-traditions-5077983

• Like 2
On 3/2/2021 at 4:55 PM, MayanEcho said:

I gotta admit that in TMOPB that's my favorite look of him, in white and half top knot with golden hair accessory, cos it's only in two scenes, hahaha! 

I think for me, I love him in the original artwork. The loose true silver hair. His hair isn't white, it is in fact silver.

On 3/2/2021 at 7:31 AM, Khue N said:

I agree with you. It was unwarrior of his action and although at the same time I understand why he thought they couldn't be together. Since if they're in a relationship, I think he fear that it would put her in trouble. For example in ELOD, the danger of Miao Luo towards FJ. IMO, his action in TMOPB is that he fears of loosing her since she's the first person he cares about or even fallen in love. I think his fear is that he would loose her and returned to the cold and lonely life he have before. But I also think he should give another chance in love. And to defy heavens that that they're meant to be together.

I didn't like the way the writers wrote their arc in TMOPB. I had already read the pillow book and I did prefer the original story. The stuff in TMOPB wasn't canon so I just skipped and FF'wded it all together.

16 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I'd love to see that, and their original outfits in the novel reproduced! :love:

Speaking of Lotus Steps as drama, whoever produces it, if possible let it be two seasons of 40eps each. The novel is 4 volumes! There are just so many parts that might be lost if it is squeezed to 40 eps, unless the script would do away with unnecessary filler scenes.

Probably not so soon, All 4 books will be released over the next 2 years. So it will be a while.

• Wiggle 1
42 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I think for me, I love him in the original artwork. The loose true silver hair. His hair isn't white, it is in fact silver.

If PB extra or Lotus Steps are adapted into drama, it would be awesome if the actor for Dong Hua would be styled (hair and costume) like he looks in the original artwork. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
22 hours ago, Romulan said:

I wonder if that chalked up a bit to him thinking he was going to die soon,and Ye Qingti as his successor could choose to re-open it later.    (really need to get time to read the Pillow Book! I wanted to read where Mo Yuan, Bai Qian and Ye Hua show up to help. also want to see DJinn's spirit creatures in actions!)  

Modern chinese weddings aren’t the same. We entertain guests as well. 

However, in ancient times it is customary for the bride to wait for the groom In the bedchambers. However in the context of ELOD both BQ and YH were present at the feast before YH pretended to be drunk and ran off with BQ early hahaha.

Di Jun said he thinks YH’s strategy is good to Lian Song in that scene. Hahaha!

• LOL 3
On 2/24/2021 at 2:21 PM, Pesca said:

@MoonPrincess your question regarding relationship between clans and who rule what, ELOD blog has a comprehensive translation on the blog. Link below, it explains very well.  It gave me a lot of understanding in TQ book.

https://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home/post/qing-qiu-heavenly-clan-demon-race-ghost-race-the-underworld

I suggest to view it with your laptop/computer rather than mobile.

Qing Qiu is no scruffy fox clan, it is very powerful and could tip over the dragon clan. It owns 5 realms out of 4 seas and 8 realms. Hence Tianjun wants marriage between BQ and the crown prince.  Each of Bai Zhi sons are the King/Ruler of each realm and then FJ is the Queen/Ruler of one realm (her aunt abdicated the throne to be crown princess of the heavenly kingdom)

Siming said in the Pillow book 

"Because Lady Bai Qian would sooner or later marry into the Heaven clan, she had given Qingqiu's sovereignty to Her 
Highness Fengjiu two hundred years ago.  When she assumed the position, Her Young Highness was only 32,000 years old.  Still, Bai Zhi Dijun had let her carry on Qingqiu's mantle. She is so young yet sits so high."

Politically FJ's position is very high. (When BQ took her eyes back from Su Jin, no one dares to question her)

If you are Chinese or knows Chinese then take a look at TQ web. I cannot navigate her web as I not Chinese speaker. I think it may be there. 

I read through it... it didn't really give me the breakdown  on which son ruled where... it's just watching with sub on YouTube it got me a bit confused on on baiyi n BaiZhen role

6 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

If PB extra or Lotus Steps are adapted into drama, it would be awesome if the actor for Dong Hua would be styled (hair and costume) like he looks in the original artwork. 

Lotus steps will need 3 seasons min. There is a lot of important content in it. Mortal arc should logically end at her ascension to immortal while the immortal arc will feature Cheng Yu awakening to retake her place as Goddess Zu Ti.

Zu Ti was born a high god but she chose to be reborn as mortal for several lifetimes to learn how to love as she knew her destiny beforehand, that she would be together with a powerful Water God (his true form is a silver dragon). Which was why she chose to be female (she was born with no gender).

But being born from the light element, she did not know what love feels like. Little does she know that on her last lifetime as a mortal, she would run into her destiny :).

• Like 1
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Di Jun said he thinks YH’s strategy is good to Lian Song in that scene. Hahaha!

Why was the recluse monk of Tai Chen schooling the reputed Jiuchongtian playboy rascal on this. LOL! 

On the other hand, Vengo got it to a tee that playful smirk as DH while indulging the small talk of LS about YH leaving after only 2 drinks.

7EoyHG3.jpg

Source: ELOD, YT (screenshot by poster)

• LOL 2
On 2/25/2021 at 12:13 AM, Ninky said:

Completely different topic in the next part, but I was pissed off they made Qing Qiu bow to Tian Jun's edict at Bai Qian's wedding in the show.

I think it was more of a bow to DH instead since he was sitting in front of them

On 2/25/2021 at 1:14 PM, MayanEcho said:

Sigh. Compromise or not, it just doesn't feel right seeing that scene, given how awful what the character tried extorting from Dong Hua.

Well that is better than her trying to take fj role...  maybe when XY n XML drama comes out that will add a scene XY some how dump JH

• Like 1
On 2/25/2021 at 10:21 PM, Romulan said:

FengJui does seem to stick with that certain style. I dont think she wore any pendants.

She doesn't wear much accessories. Her earrings were mostly simple unless she's in the mortal realm in both series.

The light pink outfit that she wore in FY Valley did have adornments on it... the one where she has all her tail out being mad at DH about the hanky.

I make most of her earrings from both series and hairpins from the elod.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 3
22 minutes ago, MoonPrincess said:

Well that is better than her trying to take fj role...  maybe when XY n XML drama comes out that will add a scene XY some how dump JH

That scene was a freaking 5min of blabbering. Though I get it that XY also gets an HEA due to that scene with JH in the ELOD drama, 2min max should have been enough for their reunion. 

If the rumored scene of Dong Hua giving the last of his essence to Feng Jiu in the starlight ward so that she would live on was cut and sacrificed for that antagonist's HEA...

:onfirex:

I'd rather see some seconds glimpse of the Biyiniao/Night Owl clans settling down in Qing Qiu after Jielu was received by Bai Yi and Bai Zhen. Moreover, that 1min family boat scene could have been part of the finale episode.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2
On 2/26/2021 at 6:47 AM, Megan said:

speaking of cosplay, would you rather have a Feng Jiu human form costume or an actual Hulijing costume of just a tail belt, fox gloves and boots, and fox ears?

I've seen some FJ costume on Aliexpress

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNFt1cf

On 2/27/2021 at 12:35 AM, MayanEcho said:

Heads up! WeTV has uploaded the first two full episodes of ELOD in its FB page. Chances are that two complete episodes daily will be posted. Perfect time to share for those unable to view it via YT or other sites such as WeTV, Viki, or Viu due to location restrictions. :)

EP1 & EP2 FB watch

@Pesca Weibo awards recognises the previous year's most popular topics and celebrities.

It says final ver on the title so maybe there will be the deleted scenes? Lol

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

That scene was a freaking 5min of blabbering. Though I get it that XY also gets an HEA due to that scene with JH in the ELOD drama, 2min max should have been enough for their reunion. 

If the rumored scene of Dong Hua giving the last of his essence to Feng Jiu in the starlight ward so that she would live on was cut and sacrificed for that antagonist's HEA...

:onfirex:

I'd rather see some seconds glimpse of the Biyiniao/Night Owl clans settling down in Qing Qiu after Jielu was received by Bai Yi and Bai Zhen. Moreover, that 1min family boat scene could have been part of the finale episode.

I agree with u that scene was way too long n boring other scenes in replacement would had been better...

Dh giving fj the lifeforce was just the part he slips his hand down to her wrist... it was way too short...

There was one part I didn't get... why did Baizhen kinda smile that way when they were receiving Jielu...

Like seriously didn't know why the elod will be shorter then tmopb when the pillowbook is 2 vl n tmopb is 1 vl

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively within 1 hour, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • LOL 1
13 minutes ago, MoonPrincess said:

I agree with u that scene was way too long n boring other scenes in replacement would had been better...

Dh giving fj the lifeforce was just the part he slips his hand down to her wrist... it was way too short...

There was one part I didn't get... why did Baizhen kinda smile that way when they were receiving Jielu...

Like seriously didn't know why the elod will be shorter then tmopb when the pillowbook is 2 vl n tmopb is 1 vl

I think it was from knowing their connection to FengJiu as well as no longer having to worry about a certain bird trying to stir up more trouble! 

1 hour ago, MoonPrincess said:

I think it was more of a bow to DH instead since he was sitting in front of them

what drama is this one?

• LOL 1

Oh, those deleted scenes from the ELOD. I still suffer from "WITHDRAWAL SYNDROME". We were robbed and still haven't been paid for the damage. It is so annoying that there are dramas that simply do not need 50 or more episodes in the plot, but they drag and drag the plot, because money, money and money, and thus they spoil the film adaptations of the novels, forcing the audience to skip many scenes. And there are dramas that just can't do without 60 and 70 episodes. When their conscience wakes up and they decide to satisfy us furious fans who only sleep and see all the deleted scenes . :fear:When I watched the ELOD again, I began to see gaps and missing scenes in each episode.:cries:

• Like 2