[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

32 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Just hope you guys will still read it. It is a different take so feel free.

LOL I'm going to be reading it, and I read the original version, so I'm sure everyone else will be too! Mine is obviously done the way I'm reading it, so it's going to be very different. I actually did find someone else just the other day who has been translating bits and pieces from the book, and hers does seem to match mine fairly closely in style. 

Also, you can PM me about the other thing.

51 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

LOL, he himself couldn't believe it that the red fox in his arms he was telling the fairy kids to raise as pet was his beautiful, young wife! 

On a side note, Dong Hua might be succint and speaks with sharp tongue, but the fairy children who are also staying in Bihai Cangling are quite comfortable with him and could tell or ask him questions even Zhe Yan won't dare voice.

Hehe, he was at a total loss, no idea whatsoever what to do in that moment! 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

7 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

LOL I'm going to be reading it, and I read the original version, so I'm sure everyone else will be too! Mine is obviously done the way I'm reading it, so it's going to be very different. I actually did find someone else just the other day who has been translating bits and pieces from the book, and hers does seem to match mine fairly closely in style. 

Also, you can PM me about the other thing.

Hehe, he was at a total loss, no idea whatsoever what to do in that moment! 

I tend to go a bit wordier more like Tang Qi when I translate. Many people do translate in your style but for me the devil's in the details :D. But that's what makes it different and still worth the read. I'll pm you later about that. Trying to finish chapter two editing.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

I cried while editing this:

The reason Mo Yuan walked the road of unifying the five races was to prevent Shao Wan from opening the Wakagi door and sacrificing herself for the human race. But the will of heaven could not be defied, and the wakagi door was still eventually opened. Shao Wan was burnt in nirvana fire and faded, everything he aspired for no longer holds any meaning, so naturally, he would not have stayed

:bawling:  But like i said my theory was correct. The two were in love!

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

I cried while editing this:

:bawling:  But like i said my theory was correct. The two were in love!

Dong Hua was so perceptive. Man of few words, but gosh, he really said a lot of things to Zhe Yan. And I'm glad he got the poison tongue treatment...Basically telling the God race to knock it off for still demanding more of Mo Yuan, not giving him breather to mourn.

Don't know how Mo Yuan still went ahead with the investiture ceremony, even stayed few months more before he left.

This Zhe Yan was supposedly very close to Mo Yuan but what Dong Hua told him didn't cross his mind until he came to Bihai Cangling.

Dong Hua is the true bagua of the baguas, and the most discreet of them all.

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

It is rather surprising to me that Dong Hua who has received little to no real love while growing up recognizes Mo Yuan’s love for Shao Wan…

Yes he is intelligent and sees miles ahead, but still…

Also, shameless as DH undoubtedly is-  he knows how to romance FJ like a pro! He doesn't strike me as the kind who reads novels...where did he gain this profound knowledge?  :lol:

I’m re-watching the drama and currently on EP44 where DH takes FJ on their first date. :luvarrow:

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 2

14 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

I’m re-watching the drama and currently on EP44 where DH takes FJ on their first date

I'm sort of rewatching too now that WeTV released the whole eps via their FB page. Two eps per week, Fri Sat Sun. Ep13 tomorrow, hahaha!

14 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Also, shameless as DH undoubtedly is-  he knows how to romance FJ like a pro! He doesn't strike me as the kind who reads novels...where did he gain this profound knowledge?  :lol:

Must have read same books as Gugu, or he had seen many sweet nothings given his age. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Dong Hua may have been celibate for a long time but that does not mean he is unaware of the ways of the world. He understands romantic love to an extent. He knew that his best friend's death would destroy Mo Yuan. Dong Hua understood that Mo Yuan was responsible and he stayed until everything was on track before leaving. That's why he was angry on Mo Yuan's behalf.

However Zhe Yan was correct when he said the elders were insincere. Over the course of the chapters, you will start to see just how hypocritical they are. They made use of Dong Hua and then chased him back to The Heavenly Jade Sea. He left on his own accord because he had had enough of those hypocrites. But Fei Wei will tell you that Dong Hua is biding his time and will strike when the time is right. 

Let's be real, Dong Hua can be quite a ruthless man. In Aranya's dream he plotted to kill off the two princesses  who were creating trouble for his Feng Jiu. Woe betide those who bully her. And I guarantee he is plotting some way to get rid of those elders. We all know he did do it in the end because he did become the Master of the Gods.

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

22 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Let's be real, Dong Hua can be quite a ruthless man. In Aranya's dream he plotted to kill off the two princesses  who were creating trouble for his Feng Jiu. Woe betide those who bully her. And I guarantee he is plotting some way to get rid of those elders. We all know he did do it in the end because he did become the Master of the Gods.

Wonder what would have happened in the dream realm and Shen Ye if the events were totally not as before e.g. if Junou wasn't saved, if Qing Hua didn't murder Xiangli Que, if there aren't conflict with the Night Owl clan.

I'm thinking the dream would have broken earlier, maybe even before the exchange of bodies between Aranya and Feng Jiu.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Dong Hua was so perceptive. Man of few words, but gosh, he really said a lot of things to Zhe Yan. And I'm glad he got the poison tongue treatment...Basically telling them celestials and God Clan members to knock it off for still demanding more of Mo Yuan, not giving him breather to mourn.

Don't know how Mo Yuan still went ahead with the investiture ceremony, even stayed few months more before he left.

This Zhe Yan was supposedly very close to Mo Yuan but what Dong Hua told him didn't cross his mind until he came to Bihai Cangling.

Dong Hua is the true bagua of the baguas, and the most discreet of them all.

God Race :) because they have many clans within their own race. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Ninky said:

God Race :) because they have many clans within their own race. 

Corrected ^_^ 

I would have preferred that not only Zhe Yan but the others too from Jiuchongtian to listen to his sharp tongue.

5 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Corrected ^_^ 

I would have preferred that not only Zhe Yan but the others too from Jiuchongtian to listen to his sharp tongue.

Actually Zhe Yan is also very perceptive. He knows how to look at someone's expressions and catch subtle changes to their tone or slight shift in their eyes.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

7 hours ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Thank you so much. I like the ending of both chapter 2 and 3. So funny

6 hours ago, Ninky said:

Just hope you guys will still read it. It is a different take so feel free.

Absolutely! :fullofhearts: Thank you so much for doing this.

Question please: Those magnificent eight immortals, they are all from god race, aren't they? Except DH who was born neutral.

Shao Wan was born goddess but worshipped by demon race. Xie Gouchu is from God Race, so Xie Ming who is ancestor should also be from god race? I wonder why the two brothers are split into opposing group? Xie Lou will become Buddha but what has become of Se Jia? 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Pesca said:

Question please: Those magnificent eight immortals, they are all from god race, aren't they? Except DH who was born neutral.

Shao Wan was born goddess but worshipped by demon race. Xie Gouchu is from God Race, so Xie Ming who is ancestor should also be from god race? I wonder why the two brothers are split into opposing group? Xie Lou will become Buddha but what has become of Se Jia? 

No, they aren't. 

See below: 

Among the students of the Water Marsh Academy, there were once eight exceptional individuals. They were honored as the Eight Saints of the Shouhua Wilderness by many students. Although there were only eight members of the Eight Saints, they were separated into two cliques. One clique of four was made up entirely of the God Clan. There was himself, Moyuan, Qingqiu’s nine-tailed fox Bai Zhi, and Xi Luo who was now in the Brahma. Fushen’s son, Moyuan, was their leader. The three members of the other clique were all from the Demon Clan. There was Shaowan, Xi Luo’s younger brother Se Jia, and Xie Ming who had already transformed into the Underworld. The ancestor of the Demon Clan, Shaowan, was the leader of this small group of three demons. 

Obviously, aside from the four gods and three demons, among the Eight Saints, there was still one saint who was unexpectedly not part of a clique. This individual who wasn’t part of a clique was Donghua.

So four are gods (Zheyan, Moyuan, Bai Zhi, Xi Luo), three are demons (Shaowan, Se Jia, Xie Ming), and then DH is neither. 

You can check the post on the blog for clarification on the Xie family, but Xie Guchou is not a God, and it says here that Xie Ming, his ancestor, is a Demon. They are a separate entity from the Gods. 

I wondered why they were split too, but the book doesn't mention them again, so we might learn something new about them in Lotus Step or Bodhi Fate. 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, Pesca said:

Thank you so much. I like the ending of both chapter 2 and 3. So funny

Absolutely! :fullofhearts: Thank you so much for doing this.

Xie ming is indeed a goddess. Se Jia from the sounds of it belongs to the god race. The only reason why they rallied under the Demon banner was because Shao Wan is their leader and the ancestral goddess of the Demon race.

1 hour ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

No, they aren't. 

See below: 

Among the students of the Water Marsh Academy, there were once eight exceptional individuals. They were honored as the Eight Saints of the Shouhua Wilderness by many students. Although there were only eight members of the Eight Saints, they were separated into two cliques. One clique of four was made up entirely of the God Clan. There was himself, Moyuan, Qingqiu’s nine-tailed fox Bai Zhi, and Xi Luo who was now in the Brahma. Fushen’s son, Moyuan, was their leader. The three members of the other clique were all from the Demon Clan. There was Shaowan, Xi Luo’s younger brother Se Jia, and Xie Ming who had already transformed into the Underworld. The ancestor of the Demon Clan, Shaowan, was the leader of this small group of three demons. 

Obviously, aside from the four gods and three demons, among the Eight Saints, there was still one saint who was unexpectedly not part of a clique. This individual who wasn’t part of a clique was Donghua.

So four are gods (Zheyan, Moyuan, Bai Zhi, Xi Luo), three are demons (Shaowan, Se Jia, Xie Ming), and then DH is neither. 

You can check the post on the blog for clarification on the Xie family, but Xie Guchou is not a God, and it says here that Xie Ming, his ancestor, is a Demon. They are a separate entity from the Gods. 

I wondered why they were split too, but the book doesn't mention them again, so we might learn something new about them in Lotus Step or Bodhi Fate. 

Hang on, I beg to differ. Tang Qi has specifically said that Shao Wan and Xie Ming are both of the God Race. There is a difference between Race and Clan. There are five races in the 3l3w universe. These are God, Ghost, Demon, Monster and Human. Within these 5 races, there are various clans. A good example would be the Celestial/Heavenly Clan and the Qing Qiu Fox Clan. There are also several colored bans within the Demon Race. I believe they are races because we won't be calling ourselves the human clan. We are the Human Race in the story. So then it makes sense that the Gods, Ghosts, Demons and Monsters are all races.

Otherwise this outtake has actually contradicted what she has written about Shao Wan, that she is still of the God race. On our blog we have an article that explains Clans vs Race. 

If you want to read the original chinese version of those articles from Tang Qi, you can link to it from the bottom of the blog article:

https://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home/post/qing-qiu-heavenly-clan-demon-race-ghost-race-the-underworld

Chinese version

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/SqjaZ2H01By5LQfa276NSQ

The translation for the chinese word 族 can mean race, and depending on the intended meaning for e.g Qing Qiu nine tailed fox clan 族 can also mean clan. And this is what makes chinese a complicated language to learn.

From the blog info, the underworld Siblings are both still of the god race but they are not under the jurisdiction of nine heavens. 

Here is the specific article on the underworld. And another of Shao Wan's birth, this article is about how gods and immortals are born. So she is a Goddess if that's what this means.

https://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home/post/how-are-the-gods-and-immortals-in-the-three-lives-three-worlds-universe-born

https://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home/post/catching-the-subway-to-the-underworld

Due to all the info from Tang Qi and the contradictory way that portion of the outtake is written is kind of confusing. Can you paste the chinese text? I will try to point it out. But I did understand it a bit differently when translating that portion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Here's the part in Chapter one of the outtake that refers to Shao Wan as a Shen. So here goes:

But just as High God Mo Yuan was about to officiate the investiture of the gods of the Eight Realms at the peak of Nine Heavens, ending the old era of the Gods, and establishing a new order on Heaven and Earth in a new era, the Ancestor Goddess of the Demon race, Shao Wan, who had always sympathised with the plight of humankind, unexpectedly took advantage of the time when everyone was too busy with the investiture to notice to use her Phoenix Nirvana Fire to destroy the Wakagi door separating the Four Seas and Eight Realms and the ten billion mortal worlds, sending the human race into the mortal worlds. Unfortunately, in doing so, she had exhausted all of her immortal force and faded into the chaos world.

Just opened the Chinese Book as well. She was referred to as 少绾神。so as i said confusing as heck. Lol

An imaginative young immortal who loved to read folk stories was privately discussing the issue with his companion, “Could the disappearance of the King of Gods be related to Goddess Shao Wan? Shortly after Goddess Shao Wan faded, the King disappeared…..it is said that while they were at Shui Zhao Zhe, the King and Goddess Shao Wan had some friendship….”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Shao Wan is a Phoenix Goddess of the God race who hatched from the egg worshipped by the Demon clans as their ancestor. 

Since she was worshipped from "egg-hood" by the demons and lived with them before joining Fushen's Water Marsh school, it is but natural that she is associated with the demons, even if she's not a demon by origin. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 2