Quantcast

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

3 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

I think we can all agree on that. :lol: I was kidding. Really we are all so happy you and the team are translating lotus book so we can all enjoy it! I never could finish TTSK...

Well I took a hiatus from Lotus Step translation until I get all chapters of the outtake complete. The other 2 translators are going to continue Lotus step from the front ( we have parts of 3 and 4 done as well atm, needs editing ), I will be translating backwards from chapter 24 after I am done with the 8 chapters of outtake.

We have a consensus that it is probably a good idea to do it this way as we know that you guys want more Dong Hua, Feng Jiu moments. I am translating it as close to Tang Qi's original context and meaning as much as I can because there are so many funny moments in the outtake that I would like to share it to everyone with her humour intact.

• Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 19.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MayanEcho

• Ninky

• jimmylyne

• Megan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fresh out of the oven! ELOD translation team presents author Tang Qi's 7th epilogue for The Pillow Book. We hope you get the joke because it is hilariously funny to the bones!!!    Source : @

Ok - for those wondering what Vengo said during his interview (I only translated up to this point. The rest was his message for his love rivals, which I won't go into, his appreciation to viewers for

The ELOD translation team have finally completed the English translation of Tang Qi's latest Pillow Book Epilogue. We hope you will enjoy the read! Shameless DH in action yet again!   S

2 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Well I took a hiatus from Lotus Step translation until I get all chapters of the outtake complete. The other 2 translators are going to continus LOtus step from in front, I will be translating backwards from chapter 24 after I am done with the 8 chapters of outtake.

Isn't that even harder??

2 minutes ago, Ninky said:

We have a consensus that it is probably a good idea to do this as we know that you guys want more Dong Hua, Feng Jiu moments. I am translating it as close to Tang Qi's original context and meaning as much as I can because there are so many funny moments in the outtake that I would like to share it to everyone with her humour intact.

Yes, never enough Dongfeng! :lol:

Your continuous effort is much appreciated! Not just here... I saw other sites linking back to the Elod webpage. :) 

• Blob 1
3 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Your continuous effort is much appreciated! Not just here... I saw other sites linking back to the Elod webpage. :)

Ahahaha, they're just too adorable. But I'm a bit sad that while other sites link back to the ELOD blog, I've seen a word for word copy of the Lotus Steps translation though at wattpad. I don't remember if it was credited, but why not just link it...

• Unamused 1

Man I gotta say watching ELOD on ViKI with timed comments on make for good laughter. LOL

8 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Ahahaha, they're just too adorable. But I'm a bit sad that while other sites link back to the ELOD blog, I've seen a word for word copy of the Lotus Steps translation though at wattpad. I don't remember if it was credited, but why not just link it...

I think different translation could turn out very different. We prefer our own on the forums. Many times, these word for word translation also turns out terrible. It is better for us to do it personally and it will be credited to us and not other people. See when we translate we also interpret the context which is very important or you will start to lose meaning and the humour as well.

I think you will start to notice that I talk about context a lot. For novels in particular if attention is not paid to the author's contextual content within their writing (Chinese is a very contextual language), translation will turn out to be a churn of words and you lose the humour, the sadness and everything else. For example Toland's dry translation of tMOPB.

12 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Isn't that even harder??

Not really. Because I already read all the chapters several times in Chinese. It's a requirement to understand the story in its entirety before translating anything.

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Man I gotta say watching ELOD on ViKI with timed comments on make for good laughter. LOL

Too bad, viki in my location isn't showing the ELOD, so that I can compare with WeTV's. They have the TMOPB though, and I've read a lot of snarky comments, hahaha!

25 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I think different translation could turn out very different. We prefer our own on the forums. Many times, these word for word translation also turns out terrible. It is better for us to do it personally and it will be credited to us and not other people. See when we translate we also interpret the context which is very important or you

The blog should be credited though as the source, since word for word of the post has been copied...I didn't even see quotation marks to indicate it was copied.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Too bad, viki in my location isn't showing the ELOD, so that I can compare with WeTV's. They have the TMOPB though, and I've read a lot of sparky comments, hahaha!

The blog should be credited though as the source, since word for word of the post has been copied...I didn't even see quotation marks to indicate it was copied.

OH SOMEONE COPY PASTA OUR WORK?! Thanks for letting me know, I will contact the poster to please credit us. A lot of effort has been put into translating and editing between the three of us. So to just copy it without crediting is wrong. 

• Unamused 2
  • Sad 2
1 hour ago, Ninky said:

I cannot stand Toland's translation the most as it's the worst out of context one I have read. She translates without the cultural context and tends to use Wade Giles the old way of looking at Oriental names instead of the modern Pin Yin. If you read my translation, I chose not to translate some names to English because a) it is not going to be in an understandable context, 2) Place names and People's names are best left in it's Chinese Pin Yin format.

ack. that reminds me of something that drove me crazy in another series. (Legend of FuYao) 2 of the nations were left with their original name, 2 was a literal word translation without nuances. but the last one..was translated to Plough. I asked ppl in the YT comments etc. -no one could figure out why it got translated to that and why they just didnt leave the original name non -translated. (sadly this is for the amazon translation too). its why Im trying to learn Chinese now so I can better understand nuances when watching series.   So. thank you very much for the translations!!  we really really appreciate them. 

• Like 2

The art of making and drinking tea, DH and BGG edition. :)

××××÷÷÷÷÷××××

FJ: I think that you are too shameless.

DH: I know that now.

***with Google/Bing translate.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1
2 hours ago, Ninky said:

Actually Dong Hua is not just shameless, his jealous streak is also very well known by his friends and even Feng Jiu herself. 

Except FJ, they don't really tell that to his face though. :sweat_smile:

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

No. They just use it to beat him at chess. Or rather LS does

• LOL 2
  • Blob 1
23 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Actually FJ is aware of his jealous nature. She said to Zhong Lin at the end that “Dong Hua is jealous by nature, I am sure he will want me to accompany him to death”.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Actually FJ is aware of his jealous nature. She said to Zhong Lin at the end that “Dong Hua is jealous by nature, I am sure he will want me to accompany him to death”.

She mentions it several times in the Drama espeically while in the Dream of Aranya.  I found it amusing how she called him out on it too and then he pulled her into the tub with him.  *hahahaha*

Question, for those who have learned Chinese  can I PM you a link to an online course I want to take and get your opinions about it? 

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

This was the scene when he ask her to cook for him. He really IS shameless!

Edited by SC2019
Please do not quote pictures when you reply! TQ.
  • LOL 2
24 minutes ago, Ninky said:

This was the scene when he ask her to cook for him. He really IS shameless!

I totally adore that the artist chose their original outfits and hair and drawn them chibi style when she recreated this scene. :lol:

This is Ep31 after DH exchanged rooms with XY. 

Her portraits of younger Dong Hua:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

The joke's on him, LOL! 

nGFW9B.gif

Takes his chance to touch her hair.

Then tells Xiao Bai she didn't comb her hair.

UcW91M.gif

Cr: ELOD, YT (screenshot gifs by poster)

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

That face...her answer... priceless. :lol: No one responds to him the way FJ dares to. 

kweencassiopeia05 Tumblr blog with posts - Tumbral.com

16 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

No one dares to call him shameless... except FJ and Yan Chi Wu. 

• LOL 2
14 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

That face...her answer... priceless. :lol: No one responds to him the way FJ dares to. 

No one dares to call him shameless... except FJ and Yan Chi Wu. 

Eh in the drama Bai Qian would call him out. In Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms she was actually the only one who dared scold him or call him out. (I know thats not in the book because of the alt storyline they had to put in due to the licensing issues- but she also refused to tell him where FJ was in the ELOD book too right?)

I was in the other room when my grandmother was watching a show. and I asked why was some else getting called "Ice Face" and she said how did I know that. ...welll after you hear Warrior Yan says it so often in ETLOD -its something i recognized. (same as "Im sorry") was the first thing i learned from Ice Fantasy. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1