[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Bai Gun Gun was probably happy about this.

400 days of no school, or rules or dealing with mortal world limits.

Just enjoying himself with his mother in the immortal lands. 

4 minutes ago, Megan said:

I don’t think she can toss and turn once she becomes a pillow.

https://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home/post/the-pillow-book-outtake-1-ideal-father

Donghua is a bit of restless sleeper too.

"Although his father did not turn around, he knew that he was not asleep because he was raising his hand and adjusting the quilt. Gun Gun felt like he was sleepwalking and wasn’t particularly sober. It occurred to him that his missing mother was probably sleeping further inside the bed and lying in his father’s arms. His father's actions suggest that he was tucking his mother under the quilt.

It finally occurred to Gun Gun that for the past month, whenever he came to tuck his mother under the quilt, the door was always bolted and he couldn't push it open. He would then retreat back to his room, climb onto his bed and go back to sleep. This was the first night he was able to enter his mother's room.

Looking at the scene unfolding in front of him, Bai Gun Gun came to a realisation, "Oh, my father has been tucking my mother back under the quilt for the past month. Although this father doesn't quite meet my expectations of an ideal father, this is where he has done very well. It appears that he has been taking very good care of my mother every night."

It did not occur to him that his mother was still unconscious, and it was unlikely she would be kicking her quilt away in the middle of the night. It was definitely someone else who was kicking the quilt away. But Gun Gun was too young, his thoughts still simple, so his father's actions had moved his innocent heart, and he finally felt that he could accept this kind of father."

With his heart at ease, he left his mother's room and went back to sleep sweetly.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

"Dijun closed his eyes and helped her fix her collar. "

I have never known that DHDJ can be this shy? Has he changed? In the PB and ELOD, he simply take his Xiao Bai to his bed, never bother fixing her collar. LOL 

Also at hot spring scene

PB: 

"She suddenly remembered although the spring water here was blue in colour, it was so clear one could see down to its streambed. Her face grew red. Within seconds she looked as if she was steeped in boiling water. 
“You... close your eyes. You can't look this way. No, turn elsewhere... turn elsewhere quickly!” 
Donghua unhurriedly looked at her from head to toe and finally, with great forbearance, turned to face another direction."

:sweatingbullets:

• LOL 2

I have spent some time editing Chapter 1 and 2 on the blog. A few parts have been edited a bit to fit better into what the author is trying to convey. Otherwise it reads the same.  I do update all the posts from time to time so do check back whenever :D.

And Chapter Three is about halfway through. So much quicker with the softcopy since I don't have to keep holding the book open at the spine, so I am most likely be able to maintain a weekly or bi-weekly update schedule for Back to Chaos in a dream. This is a realistic timeline for me at this time.

Although you will probably be ahead in terms of the storyline with @UnluckyWhiteCat 's version, and she will most likely have all 8 up by the time we finish ours, but I hope our work is still valuable, and not superflous. 

In fact some of the outtakes have had some edits too.

This is an ongoing thing for most people maintaining blogs as we do go back and read the stuff and will catch things we have missed before. I know we have three pairs of eyes on it but it does slip our grasp at times. And then sometimes Tang Qi updates with some things which means we need to go back and change it as well.

1 hour ago, Romulan said:

Bai Gun Gun was probably happy about this.

400 days of no school, or rules or dealing with mortal world limits.

Just enjoying himself with his mother in the immortal lands. 

https://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home/post/the-pillow-book-outtake-1-ideal-father

Donghua is a bit of restless sleeper too.

"Although his father did not turn around, he knew that he was not asleep because he was raising his hand and adjusting the quilt. Gun Gun felt like he was sleepwalking and wasn’t particularly sober. It occurred to him that his missing mother was probably sleeping further inside the bed and lying in his father’s arms. His father's actions suggest that he was tucking his mother under the quilt.

It finally occurred to Gun Gun that for the past month, whenever he came to tuck his mother under the quilt, the door was always bolted and he couldn't push it open. He would then retreat back to his room, climb onto his bed and go back to sleep. This was the first night he was able to enter his mother's room.

Looking at the scene unfolding in front of him, Bai Gun Gun came to a realisation, "Oh, my father has been tucking my mother back under the quilt for the past month. Although this father doesn't quite meet my expectations of an ideal father, this is where he has done very well. It appears that he has been taking very good care of my mother every night."

It did not occur to him that his mother was still unconscious, and it was unlikely she would be kicking her quilt away in the middle of the night. It was definitely someone else who was kicking the quilt away. But Gun Gun was too young, his thoughts still simple, so his father's actions had moved his innocent heart, and he finally felt that he could accept this kind of father."

With his heart at ease, he left his mother's room and went back to sleep sweetly.

You know it was actually Di Jun who kicked the blanket. But BGG's sweetly innocent mind didn't grasp that. His mother was in a coma, there was no way she was the one who did that. So it was Di Jun. So he isn't much better than Feng Jiu with his sleeping postures either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Pesca said:

I have never known that DHDJ can be this shy? Has he changed? In the PB and ELOD, he simply take his Xiao Bai to his bed, never bother fixing her collar. LOL 

Maybe he was a bit more modest that time, hahaha! 

32 minutes ago, Ninky said:

And Chapter Three is about halfway through. So much quicker with the softcopy since I don't have to keep holding the book open at the spine, so I am most likely be able to maintain a weekly or bi-weekly update schedule for Back to Chaos in a dream. This is a realistic timeline for me at this time.

Looking forward to reading it!

32 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Although you will probably be ahead in terms of the storyline with @UnluckyWhiteCat 's version, and she will most likely have all 8 up by the time we finish ours, but I hope our work is still valuable, and not superflous. 

Definitely not superfluous nor redundant, coz different versions or takes in translating gives fresh perspective or might show another angle to the story for the reader. :)

20 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Maybe he was a bit more modest that time, hahaha! 

Looking forward to reading it!

Definitely not superfluous nor redundant, coz different versions or takes in translating gives fresh perspective or might show another angle to the story for the reader. :)

Man that holding the book at the spine thing was killing me big time. All thanks to the team, they saved me :)

• Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

2 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Man that holding the book at the spine thing was killing me big time. All thanks to the team, they saved me :)

I can imagine the backache, and since you were holding the book, the feeling of awkwardness when typing using one hand only.

8 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I can imagine the backache, and since you were holding the book, the feeling of awkwardness when typing using one hand only.

And hence the snail pace! Initially, I had wanted to update every 3 days or so but the lack of softcopy really slowed me down significantly. When I first started the work on it, I was on sick leave so technically if I really wanted to I could have finished it a lot quicker, but then it was a monster flu and so spent a lot of time sleeping.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ninky said:

And hence the snail pace! Initially, I had wanted to update every 3 days or so but the lack of softcopy really slowed me down significantly. When I first started the work on it, I was on sick leave so technically if I really wanted to I could have finished it a lot quicker, but then it was a monster flu and so spent a lot of time sleeping.

Health is important. Glad you are getting what sounds like a much needed rest. Hope you get better soon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Health is important. Glad you are getting what sounds like a much needed rest. Hope you get better soon. 

That was two weeks ago already, I felt better after a week in the first week of march, which is why the other chapters went a bit slower as well at that time, but it's speeding up a lot now as I don't have to read from the book and translate from there anymore, @nitepolaris helped me create ocr scanned copies so it can be converted to softcopy. That way I can translate by having the entire chinese passages in while I work the translations by the paragraphs.

Also it take more sentences in english to make a coherent sentence that makes sense from the same chinese lines or phrases.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Feel better.

actually while on sick leave, sleep as much as you can and take advantage of not having to wake up early.

8 minutes ago, Megan said:

Feel better.

actually while on sick leave, sleep as much as you can and take advantage of not having to wake up early.

That was 2 weeks ago :D. My daughter got the flu at school and then gave it to me at that time. School is a place full of germs I tell ya. I also work the graveyard shift 5 days a week so having a reverse body cycle ain't that good a thing. 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Ninky said:

That was 2 weeks ago :D. My daughter got the flu at school and then gave it to me at that time. School is a place full of germs I tell ya. I also work the graveyard shift 5 days a week so having a reverse body cycle ain't that good a thing. 

What's bad in school is that some kids are still attending classes even when they are already very sick. Glad that you are better now, hope your daughter is also back to good health..

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

13 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Glad you and your daughter are better then :)

• Like 1

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA! 

I just can't....Tang Qi has so much humour in her writing.

I can't help but laugh till tears rolled down my face as I translated this:

Di Jun’s face went blank once again as he looked at the little fox in his arms. It was as if he wasn’t sure if he should continue carrying the fox in his arms, or put it down on the ground. For a moment, it appeared as if he wasn’t sure who he was, where he was and what he was doing. The two young immortal children looked at each other in dismay, and in a soft but timid voice asked, “Ai, does your Imperial Lordship want to marry this little red fox? If so, should we still build a little den for it?

Note that that's my raw translation, no edits as yet.

And for the record, I think Zhe Yan must be really happy. After getting tortured by Dong Hua earlier, he had his sweet vengeance! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Poetic!

P.S. This chapter is going pretty quick from a translation standpoint woopie!

• LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

38 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

What's bad in school is that some kids are still attending classes even when they are already very sick.

Tell me about it. A student in my school got covid and still goes to school. And what's scary is that the student already know they have covid. Infected almost everyone and the school is shutdown for me. The student is now planning to sue the school for irresponsible behavior. Sigh...the student not winning the case so far.

Luckily I'm online and lately I have been reading the Back to Chaos! And oh gosh it is good. Thank you so much for translating! Can't tell you how much I appreciate it! Reading it in Vietnamese is enjoyable but a little hard at the same haha

• Shocked 5

24 minutes ago, Ninky said:

The two young immortal children looked at each other in dismay, and in a soft but timid voice asked, “Ai, does your Imperial Lordship want to marry this little red fox? If so, should we still build a little den for it?

Am amused that while Zhe Yan was finding it hard to tell Dong Hua why he came to Bihai Cangling, these kids, even if they are shy, can ask him these kinds of questions.

6 minutes ago, Khue N said:

Tell me about it. A student in my school got covid and still goes to school. And what's scary is that the student already know they have covid. Infected almost everyone and the school is shutdown for me. The student is now planning to sue the school for irresponsible behavior. Sigh...the student not winning the case so far.

That's terrible! Why would that student still go to school, and now suing the school? Glad for you that you're online and avoided exposure.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Khue N said:

Luckily I'm online and lately I have been reading the Back to Chaos! And oh gosh it is good. Thank you so much for translating! Can't tell you how much I appreciate it! Reading it in Vietnamese is enjoyable but a little hard at the same haha

EEEEEEP! How terrible and how rude. Don't these people know how dangerous covid is especially for the very young and the very old!

26 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Am amused that while Zhe Yan was finding it hard to tell Dong Hua why he came to Bihai Cangling, these kids, even if they are shy, can ask him these kinds of questions.

That's terrible! Why would that student still go to school, and now suing the school? Glad for you that you're online and avoided exposure.

Kids always say what they think, it's normal hahahaha i'm sure ours do that!

• Wiggle 3

24 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Kids always say what they think, it's normal hahahaha i'm sure ours do that!

The unforgettable facepalm moments when they loudly say something so tactless, LOL! :sweats:

Back to DH, he was sharp with Zhe Yan who was trying to butter up with him, LOL, but quite tolerant of these young immortals. :D

• Blob 1

30 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Back to DH, he was sharp with Zhe Yan who was trying to butter up with him, LOL, but quite tolerant of these young immortals. :D

Maybe because Dong Hua has never cared for ‘face’ and likes bluntness

• Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

The unforgettable facepalm moments when they loudly say something so tactless, LOL! :sweats:

He has never liked people who butter him up. Zhe Yan needs to know better, he knew him in school. But i don't think he really talked to him although I would love to see the relationship between him and Shao Wan. A guy can have a bestie in a girl you know, just like YCW and Feng Jiu. I doubt DH lets her see him much though. The man's easily jealous and possessive!

43 minutes ago, Megan said:

Maybe because Dong Hua has never cared for ‘face’ and likes bluntness

To him face is but a material thing! hahahahaah!

• LOL 1
  • Blob 2