Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Heads up! WeTV has uploaded the first two full episodes of ELOD in its FB page. Chances are that two complete episodes daily will be posted. Perfect time to share for those unable to view it via YT or other sites such as WeTV, Viki, or Viu due to location restrictions. :)

 

EP1 & EP2 FB watch

 

@Pesca Weibo awards recognises the previous year's most popular topics and celebrities.

I wanted deleted scenes T.T

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • MayanEcho

    3090

  • Ninky

    1574

  • jimmylyne

    1375

  • Megan

    1061

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fresh out of the oven! ELOD translation team presents author Tang Qi's 7th epilogue for The Pillow Book. We hope you get the joke because it is hilariously funny to the bones!!!    Source : @

Ok - for those wondering what Vengo said during his interview (I only translated up to this point. The rest was his message for his love rivals, which I won't go into, his appreciation to viewers for

The ELOD translation team have finally completed the English translation of Tang Qi's latest Pillow Book Epilogue. We hope you will enjoy the read! Shameless DH in action yet again!   S

21 hours ago, Megan said:

I am from Singapore. So I go wherever I think I can wear a costume without people staring too much at me. For example, I wore my Daenerys costume when I knew there would was a dragon section at the zoo. (Another time I wore it to a cosplay event and people thought I was Elsa...lol)

i keep an eye out for AFA in Singapore. That’s where I know I can wear cosplay for sure.

speaking of cosplay, would you rather have a Feng Jiu human form costume or an actual Hulijing costume of just a tail belt, fox gloves and boots, and fox ears?

Very nice outfit!!!  And cool, yeah finding places to cosplay is always the challenge. I dunno. It would depend how its done? Ive seen ppl do 9 tails fox (naruto cosplayers mostly) . the challenge is the tail gets bulky but it would be an excellent thing to see either way! 

19 hours ago, Ninky said:

I try to attend the Comic Con Events and a few others. Sometimes I cosplay sometimes I don't just depends on which friends are going. I used to do it a lot, not so much since I got past 35. The issue with the cosplay I used to do before I hit 27, the photos are all in old style film photos. The ones that has to be developed? I A.M. O.L.D EEEEEEEEK!

Sound like you might be in my age group :p Never too old to cosplay or just come have fun! Ive been to San Diego Comic Con once.

 

17 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

 

I rather think that film photos are more exciting than the digital type. The anticipation, plus it gives the best surprise when it's developed. :D

 

@Megan Nice dress!

Film photos are useful except for the limiting factor on the number one can take at a time! (and having to send out to get it developed).   My first cameras were fully manual. I loved my old 110 camera as well as later my Pentastix Spotmatic.  Now at a con I can take a couple hundred photos no problem at all. :)

6 hours ago, Pesca said:

@Megan and @Romulan I like your costumes. Megan, you are like a princess in that costume. By coincidence today I had my little one wearing the Chinese costume (my Chinese friend gave that to me), with Bai Gun Gun hair (simple roll up). I love hair styles in those period dramas. I don't know how they wear so well that they look like real hair. 

 

What is Weibo Entertainment White paper annual awards? How does that compare to the western award?

Awww.  sounds super cute! From what i can see BTS, having a hairdresser on standby to fix the hair! 

  • Like 2
  • Blob 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Question, during the ancient war where Mo Yuan led as the god of war, the generals under Dong Hua...were they loyal to Dong Hua or to Mo Yuan?

another thing...would you say the prologue for ELOD is false since it claimed Dong Hua used war to stop war.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Megan said:

Question, during the ancient war where Mo Yuan led as the god of war, the generals under Dong Hua...were they loyal to Dong Hua or to Mo Yuan?

another thing...would you say the prologue for ELOD is false since it claimed Dong Hua used war to stop war.

Dong Hua later had to take up the void left behind and had to fight more wars after Mo Yuan. It was in those later wars that Dong Hua truly united the realms and established the current order.

 

It was in the later wars that he had those generals under his command. He was under Mo Yuan’s command in the 700 year war.

 

So first 700 year war and establishment of new era all loyal to Mo Yuan.

 

Subsequent wars, after getting rid of some political stuff, all are loyal to Dong Hua.

  • Like 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ninky said:

Dong Hua later had to take up the void left behind and had to fight more wars after Mo Yuan. It was in those later wars that Dong Hua truly united the realms and established the current order.

 

The later wars were what FJ and BGG got to "see", didn't they? The ELOD prologue. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

 

The later wars were what FJ and BGG got to "see", didn't they? The ELOD prologue. 

Yes and that was one of the later wars. There were many. Demon tribe was let off by Mo Yuan to give Shao Wan face. But the new leaders caused a hell lot of trouble later.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Yes and that was one of the later wars. There were many. Demon tribe was let off by Mo Yuan to give Shao Wan face. But the new leaders caused a hell lot of trouble later.

 

They also colluded with the disgruntled celestials due to Mo Yuan's absence,  didn't they? Power vacuum would often cause the scramble and posturing to get to the top.

  • Insightful 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

 

They also colluded with the disgruntled celestials due to Mo Yuan's absence,  didn't they? Power vacuum would often cause the scramble and posturing to get to the top.

 

They colluded to strip Di Jun of his Military command after making use of him to fight the Celestial traitor who had ganged up with the other 2 races to try to become the new King of the Gods. Feng Jiu was pissed off in the outtake because of this fact.

 

But there are hints in the outtake to tell you Dong Hua is biding his time. When the time is right, he will win that political battle. He did eventually become the Master of Heaven and Earth. Dong Hua is very intellligent, those people will come to no good end.

  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ninky said:

They colluded to strip Di Jun of his Military command after making use of him to fight the Celestial traitor who had ganged up with the other 2 races to try to become the new King of the Gods. Feng Jiu was pissed off in the outtake because of this fact.

 

:kicks:

I can imagine, and perhaps BGG also felt that way. The foxes are very loyal, and DH most of all will never want to be used.

 

22 minutes ago, Ninky said:

But there are hints in the outtake to tell you Dong Hua is biding his time. When the time is right, he will win that political battle. He did eventually become the Master of Heaven and Earth. Dong Hua is very intellligent, those people will come to no good end.

 

Fushen chose him to attend his school for a reason...and he's worth the mouthful of a title Mo Yuan gave him. B)

 

  • Like 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else love to watch the BTS of the Eternal Love of the Dream?

I like the ones with the Eng subs.

https://youtu.be/7UL74kztZ3I

Also does anyone keep a list of really good fan vids of the series or cross overs?

?

This one is a great one showing off exactly how much of amazing fighter Dong Hua is. 

there is also a cool cross over one that has FengJui/Aryana facing off against the Night Immortal from Ashes of Love. (need to find that link again)

  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ninky said:

But there are hints in the outtake to tell you Dong Hua is biding his time. When the time is right, he will win that political battle. He did eventually become the Master of Heaven and Earth. Dong Hua is very intellligent, those people will come to no good end.

 

How long was that DHDJ fight with all these races/wars until he united them all?

Was high god Zhe Yan one of his generals?  

When reading PB book, I came across reference to 6 universes  and also it is referred in this PB extra chapter 1, What are the 6 universes referred by TQ?

 

The chats in this forum are so informative and insightful. Thank you everyone.

2 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Anyone else love to watch the BTS of the Eternal Love of the Dream?

I do like them all.  They are so good. 

I actually would like to buy the full drama, I hope at some points they will release all 60 episodes. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pesca said:

The chats in this forum are so informative and insightful. Thank you everyone.

I do like them all.  They are so good. 

I actually would like to buy the full drama, I hope at some points they will release all 60 episodes. 

Indeed! they are quite helpful. Im taking the plunge to start to learn Chinese this year. Hoping I can progress ok with it. :)    

@Megan

This is a link to those pendants I was telling you about as well as jade flute I got.(its 2 photos)  https://www.facebook.com/Romulan.Commander/posts/10105683976462633? The seller did an excellent packaging job.   Ive not played for 2 decade (since I graduated HS) but my grandmother has asked me to learn to play some of the Untamed flute pieces.  So going to see if I can pick up the jade flute well or if I can do it on the ocarina.  

  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pesca said:

How long was that DHDJ fight with all these races/wars until he united them all?

Was high god Zhe Yan one of his generals?  

When reading PB book, I came across reference to 6 universes  and also it is referred in this PB extra chapter 1, What are the 6 universes referred by TQ?

 

We should know more about the ancient wars that DH at the helm fought in the next chapters of PB extra.

 

Though details are scarce in TMOPB or ELOD on Zhe Yan's participation during the ancient wars, we can assume that he as one of the ancient legends had a significant role in bringing forth peace.

 

The six universes are sometimes replaced with sphere, realms, or directions from the translations. Further readings though would point the six universes to Eastern Realm, Northern Realm, Southern Realm, Western Realm, Upper Realm(sometimes Heavenly realm), and Lower Realm(where the mortals live). 

 

3 hours ago, Romulan said:

Anyone else love to watch the BTS of the Eternal Love of the Dream?

I like the ones with the Eng subs

 

They look like they had a good time filming the drama, and have friendly camaraderie during breaks.

  • Like 3
  • Wiggle 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ninky said:

Dong Hua later had to take up the void left behind and had to fight more wars after Mo Yuan. It was in those later wars that Dong Hua truly united the realms and established the current order.

I kinda feel bad for DH for the fact that he had get in wars that didnt even involve him one bit- since he has no genuine loyalties with anyone. As soon as MY disappeared, all of the scheming immortals felt brave enough to try to finish him off which was a big fail.

And also did DH really unite everyone? Seems like all he did was kill anyone who tried cause unnecessary wars and then when everyone was too scared to challenge him, he gave the throne to LS dad. The only actual proof of ALL of the races being united was the time of those peace treaties MY signed with other races. 

I'm not sure if its been explained if Father god actually appoint DH personally to be the emperor or if he had his eye on MY to rule the realms and DH took it upon himself to be the ruler when MY abandoned everything?

I wish I could have translations!!!Confused Thinking GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

And also did DH really unite everyone? Seems like all he did was kill anyone who tried cause unnecessary wars and then when everyone was too scared to challenge him, he gave the throne to LS dad. The only actual proof of ALL of the races being united was the time of those peace treaties MY signed with other races. 

I'm not sure if its been explained if Father god actually appoint DH personally to be the emperor or if he had his eye on MY to rule the realms and DH took it upon himself to be the ruler when MY abandoned everything?

This is not what I understand from what Ninky has explained. Mo Yuan time of being King of Gods was not that peaceful. He  established the new era but did not unit everyone (he left Demon clan out and some gods wanted to be king themselves). It was DH who has united them all in the later wars when MY disappeared. 

Mo Yuan appointed DH to be Di Jun in the investiture ceremony and then disappeared. DH was forced to unite them all because of MY disappearing and later became Master of Universe (or Heaven and Earth).  

 

Based on may be drama, DH did not hand the Tianjun position to LS's dad. There was previous Tainjun before LS's dad? 

@Ninky or  @MayanEcho could you elaborate / confirm the above? 

May be these will become clearer in Chapter2?

By the way, from Chapter 1, Father God faded before Mo Yuan finished 700 years war (and became King of Gods). So he did not live to see DH's achievement in the later wars (where DH has actually unit them).  The PB extra was the beginning of DH 's unification period. It was High God Zheyan who asked DH to return to help them (heavenly clan).

  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Pesca said:

This is not what I understand from what Ninky has explained. Mo Yuan time of being King of Gods was not that peaceful. He  established the new era but did not unit everyone (he left Demon clan out and some gods wanted to be king themselves). It was DH who has united them all in the later wars when MY disappeared. 

Yes I understand what your saying but my main point was that DH was never intended to the emperor and for good reason too.

DH didn't "unite" everyone since everyone was still plotting against each other and they continued to do so secretly after DH left the throne.

He gained the respect of everyone through fear and war which was what father god wanted to avoid for MY up and until his death. 

If he "united" everyone that war  wouldn't have happened in tmopb etc and things would have been a bit calmer than they turned out to be.

And if DH truly wanted to unite the realms, he would continued to be the ruler but naturally like anyone else would, he didn't want to spend his entire live saving others. That's where FJ comes in to the story to save him for once in his entire life.

If MY never met SW and obediently listened his father to rule the realms after him, most likely things would be a lot peaceful than now and DH would have been probably still be in bihai cangling sleeping somewhere peacefully.

Also, the demon realm at that time had SW has their queen who they all respected so naturally they would follow her. The only reason they broke off the peace when they lost their leader. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

Yes I understand what your saying but my main point was that DH was never intended to the emperor and for good reason too.

DH didn't "unite" everyone since everyone was still plotting against each other and they continued to do so secretly after DH left the throne.

He gained the respect of everyone through fear and war which was what father god wanted to avoid for MY up and until his death. 

If he "united" everyone that war  wouldn't have happened in tmopb etc and things would have been a bit calmer than they turned out to be.

And if DH truly wanted to unite the realms, he would continued to be the ruler but naturally like anyone else would, he didn't want to spend his entire live saving others. That's where FJ comes in to the story to save him for once in his entire life.

If MY never met SW and obediently listened his father to rule the realms after him, most likely things would be a lot peaceful than now and DH would have been probably still be in bihai cangling sleeping somewhere peacefully.

Also, the demon realm at that time had SW has their queen who they all respected so naturally they would follow her. The only reason they broke off the peace when they lost their leader. 

Yeah in the Drama, Si Ming explains to a new immortal. 

DiJinn -Emperor Emirtus and he d given it over to Lian Song's grandfather who then handed it down to his son,  Lian Song's father. 

 

So during this time, YH is already a golden lotus back Kunlun mountain.

It is interesting that for so long a time period Mo Yuan only had a very few selected disciples. 

 

By the way,  here is the link for the Ashes of Love/Eternal Love of the Dream cross over fan vid. I thought they did a great job on this one.  However,  Id like to find one that has all of FengJiu's cool moments together. 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Pesca said:

This is not what I understand from what Ninky has explained. Mo Yuan time of being King of Gods was not that peaceful. He  established the new era but did not unit everyone (he left Demon clan out and some gods wanted to be king themselves). It was DH who has united them all in the later wars when MY disappeared. 

Mo Yuan appointed DH to be Di Jun in the investiture ceremony and then disappeared. DH was forced to unite them all because of MY disappearing and later became Master of Universe (or Heaven and Earth).  

 

Based on may be drama, DH did not hand the Tianjun position to LS's dad. There was previous Tainjun before LS's dad? 

@Ninky or  @MayanEcho could you elaborate / confirm the above? 

May be these will become clearer in Chapter2?

By the way, from Chapter 1, Father God faded before Mo Yuan finished 700 years war (and became King of Gods). So he did not live to see DH's achievement in the later wars (where DH has actually unit them).  The PB extra was the beginning of DH 's unification period. It was High God Zheyan who asked DH to return to help them (heavenly clan).

 

From what has been read, watched, and translated, there were sporadic wars between clans while  Fushen was still alive. In his bid for long lasting peace in the realms, he had chosen to mentor the most promising among the immortals, any one of them capable to lead and look after their

subjects.

 

When the war that lasted 700 years broke out, Fushen didn't expect that his son would be leading it, very much in contrary to what he hammered his students in school in upholding peace in the realms. Neither did Fushen in his twilight years live long enough to see his son end this war, hammer out peace accords among clans, and herald the Age of Antiquities.

 

Few months after Mo Yuan handed over titles during the investiture, both Mo Yuan and Dong Hua left Jiuchongtian, leaving the celestials leaderless. Dong Hua went back to his birth place Bihai Cangling, while the King of the Gods went missing. 

 

Three years after, when Mo Yuan was still not to be found, Zhe Yan has asked Dong Hua to return and take over the responsibilities left behind by the missing King. Meanwhile, there was restlessness in the realms due to the power vacuum caused by not only Mo Yuan's absence, but also that of Dong Hua's.

 

Dong Hua steps back in and leads the celestials when wars broke out again among tribes. He is back an embodiment of his full investiture titles. ^_^

 

By the time BGG and FJ are in the past, there is another celestial in the name of Fu Ying who colluded with other immortals to unseat Dong Hua. That wedding crasher, while past Dong Hua was getting married to Feng Jiu.

 

Fu Ying and his cohorts were beaten back, but for Dong Hua there are still more battles to be won since there were still other immortals who wanted to be King of the Gods themselves, and who also wanted to remove the powers Dong Hua wields as the one who leads the army.

 

Eventually, war after war and battles after battles, Dong Hua and his generals subdue their enemies. He then rises as the master of heaven and earth.

 

When order was restored and immortals were basking in long years of peace, Dong Hua retires from his post as the Sky clan emperor, and passes the title to the present Tianjun's father. 

 

@Pesca Here's an excerpt for the present Tianjun. Can I just say he is a hypocrite on how he treated Sang Ji and Ye Hua when they fell in love? It is also possible that he is the reason why Lian Song is thought of as a the playboy of Jiuchongtian...like father like son.

 

While he was still heir to the throne, the current Sky Emperor had been something of a ladies’ man. To curb this, his father, who had been Sky Emperor at the time, had arranged for him to marry his cousin. (TTSK, p167)

 

  • Insightful 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Bai Gun Gun. I see what you are saying. I just would like to add that the wars in TMOPB are considered minor wars when compared to the wars in prehistoric era. That is what I understood from PB (and previous discussion in this forum). DH considers the war with ghost lord as a child play. Moreover, the ghost lord used weapon given to him by MY. Hence it was MY ‘s responsibility to fight with him.  The war with Merclan could have been easily handled by LS, who is the water god controlling 4 seas. LS, from what I read, is very good fighter as well.

 

@UnluckyWhiteCat has translated snippet of PB extra on page 910 of this forum as follows;

“Do you know that in 260,000 years, as long as Dijun remains in Taichen Palace, no one in the Four Clans on Heaven and Earth will dare to act rashly. What I admire and adore has never been a god who could simply ask for the love of men and women. He carries the world on his shoulders. I’ve always understood this.”

 

6 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

 

@Pesca Here's an excerpt for the present Tianjun. Can I just say he is a hypocrite on how he treated Sang Ji and Ye Hua when they fell in love? It is also possible that he is the reason why Lian Song is thought of as a the playboy of Jiuchongtian...like father like son.

 

While he was still heir to the throne, the current Sky Emperor had been something of a ladies’ man. To curb this, his father, who had been Sky Emperor at the time, had arranged for him to marry his cousin. (TTSK, p167)

@MayanEcho thanks. Yes, that what I meant. There were Tian Jun(s) before the current one. DH abdicated his throne, conferred the Tian Jun title to 1st generation Sky Emperor from the dragon clan (DH will also confer the title to YH when the time comes).

From what I read (in Eng translation) from LS in the ELOD drama, it let me to believe that there were many Tian Juns (after DH abdication) before the current one (but translation could be wrong)

Agree, the current Tian Jun is terrible from every aspects. Poor parenting (what he did to YH was plain wrong) to ruling the 4 seas and 8 realms.   

 

(Thanks @Romulan for the link to YH epilogue you gave the other day in this forum, that translation is very good indeed with lot of annotations which makes TMOPB book clearer)

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..