Quantcast

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

35 minutes ago, Ninky said:

2 are wrong.

Hide contents

Fox Queen and Zu Ti are not a part of them

.:D 

Aha, so they aren't part of the wild crowd! :D

Hmm, somebody from the Jiuchongtian present Tianjun, an ancestor of his?

Or the future celestial/s "usurper"?

Maybe that friend of Zhu Ti who was resurrected by a water god?

Yao Guang??? Or the far fetched Buddha??? LOL!

• LOL 2
  • Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MayanEcho

• Ninky

• jimmylyne

• Megan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fresh out of the oven! ELOD translation team presents author Tang Qi's 7th epilogue for The Pillow Book. We hope you get the joke because it is hilariously funny to the bones!!!    Source : @

Ok - for those wondering what Vengo said during his interview (I only translated up to this point. The rest was his message for his love rivals, which I won't go into, his appreciation to viewers for

The ELOD translation team have finally completed the English translation of Tang Qi's latest Pillow Book Epilogue. We hope you will enjoy the read! Shameless DH in action yet again!   S

This is my guess. 

Dong Hua, Zhe Yan, Shao Wan, Mo Yuan, Bai Zhi, Xie Ming, Nuwa, Buddha (going by age- Nuwa may a bit older?)

• Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1
43 minutes ago, Pesca said:

This is my guess. 

Dong Hua, Zhe Yan, Shao Wan, Mo Yuan, Bai Zhi, Xie Ming, Nuwa, Buddha (going by age- Nuwa may a bit older?)

Ok Take out NuWa. And you got one of two missing ones correct, one of them became a Bodhi Buddha of the Western Dharma Lands

7 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Aha, so they aren't part of the wild crowd! :D

Hmm, somebody from the Jiuchongtian present Tianjun, an ancestor of his?

Or the future celestial/s "usurper"?

Maybe that friend of Zhu Ti who was resurrected by a water god?

Yao Guang??? Or the far fetched Buddha??? LOL!

One of them became a buddha. Yes. Keep going with the last one.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 2
45 minutes ago, Ninky said:

One of them became a buddha. Yes. Keep going with the last one.

Wooot, a Buddha...huh, so someone as placid as a Buddha but still have enemies? 

Huh, who among students there could be fighting with a "Buddha"?

This Buddha has a relative classmate, a brother, sister, or cousin???

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
On 3/10/2020 at 7:28 PM, SGahjumma said:

It is very interesting that in PuTiJie, TangQi created the affinity between DH and FJ  (FJ forehead birthmark). It was said that DH (when young) was going ard in his BiHaiCangLin collecting the life Essence that could be used to increase their cultivation, a beautiful flower (same as the FJ birthmark, Feng Yu Hua) was found bearing the life essence in the area. ShaoWan saw it and competed with DH in collecting this flower, but DH created a protective layer to guard the fragile flower during his fight with ShaoWan. Somehow, this flower end up in ZheYan’s hand as a medicine to save FJ mother’s pregnancy, which ShaoWan noticed FJ birthmark that resembled the flower that she fought with DH. In the drama, I do noticed that there was an instance for DH noticing on FJ birthmark but it was not further elaborated. TangQi is brilliant and consistent in her writing between the affinity and destiny on the DongFeng pair. 

Hope she could finish this book soon.

Hi and omg the level of activity in this forum just warms my heart. 

Also where did you read this? I couldnt find it in the ELOD website. please do share

Thank you :) 

• Awesome 1
  • Blob 1
13 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Could it be the guy who later became Dong Hua's assistant?

or one of the Water Kings?

10 minutes ago, classyviews said:

Also where did you read this? I couldnt find it in the ELOD website. please do share

Im guessing its in the outtake that they are translating for us. -here's hoping! 

Also hi! Im one of the newer folks but all the people here have been great at helping explain lots of details -etc. :) 

On 3/3/2021 at 5:45 PM, Ninky said:

I live in Melbourne, Victoria Australia. I was a Singaporean tranplanted to Australia. I am bilingual in English and Chinese. And also able to converse a little in Japanese (I learnt this in University Everything on the Elod Blog was directly translated from the author's chinese texts.

QQ is the central city of the Eastern Realm so she is not wrong to be referred as the Queen of the Eastern Realm as Qing Qiu is LOCATED in the Eastern Realm and is it's capital, it's not quite located in the center but it is the capital city of the ENTIRE eastern realm).

Cool! Australia is on the list of places Id like to visit eventually!  I wish I was bilingual! Im just starting to learn Chinese. Ive got a small vocabulary of verbal phrases I recognize from the different Chinese dramas. 

7 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

BFJ in her previous life? :lol:

Can immortals have a previous life?

I thought that was the reason they had the trials instead because they were born immortal vs going thru the reincarnation cycles to achieve immortality?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Close said buddha has a brother.

1 hour ago, Romulan said:

Could it be the guy who later became Dong Hua's assistant?

or one of the Water Kings?

Im guessing its in the outtake that they are translating for us. -here's hoping! 

Also hi! Im one of the newer folks but all the people here have been great at helping explain lots of details -etc. :) 

Cool! Australia is on the list of places Id like to visit eventually!  I wish I was bilingual! Im just starting to learn Chinese. Ive got a small vocabulary of verbal phrases I recognize from the different Chinese dramas. 

Can immortals have a previous life?

I thought that was the reason they had the trials instead because they were born immortal vs going thru the reincarnation cycles to achieve immortality?

Only earth immortals for example Bi Yi Niao Clan who can only live to 1-2k years can be reincarnated. The rest will fade to the chaos universe.

1 hour ago, classyviews said:

Yes, I am translating chapter 2 right now. Chapter 1 is already up https://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home/post/back-to-chaos-in-a-dream-chapter-one

1 hour ago, classyviews said:

The story u quoted is a confirmed fan fiction. The original version by the author can be found here. 

https://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home/post/bodhi-fate-prologue-chapter-one

Everything else u find on the internet regarding Bodhi Fate are all fanfics.

The author said it herself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

@Ninky Thank you very much 

i have been part of many forums here in Soompi, but ELOD is the only one I keep coming back to.

Something in this whole story and the fandom is just compelling. It even had me write fanfiction again after a long long time.  A personal incident made me stop about 8 years ago. So I just want to take my time and convey my love to this amazing energy in this Forum. shout out to the mods who do a great job in keeping the vibes positive.   :heart:

• Like 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Ninky said:

So before he became Buddha-esque, he and the brother went through the "naughty" phase, and were outdoing each other, eh?

:eats: 

@classyviews Please join us whenever you can :heart: :blush:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
14 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

So before he became Buddha-esque, he and the brother went through the "naughty" phase, and were outdoing each other, eh?

:eats: 

@classyviews Please join us whenever you can :heart: :blush:

Yep they probably did hahahha. And they were also trying to outdo each other. You will see when I finish and post the translated chapter ! :fun:

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1
10 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Yep they probably did hahahha. And they were also trying to outdo each other. You will see when I finish and post the translated chapter ! 

Ahahaha, it shouldn't be surprising anymore how unruly as a student this future Buddha was. Dong Hua himself grew up fighting his way to the apex, but later on he becomes that monk who tended his tea plants and annotated Buddhist scriptures.

:approves:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
2 hours ago, Ninky said:

Only earth immortals for example Bi Yi Niao Clan who can only live to 1-2k years can be reincarnated. The rest will fade to the chaos universe.

Yes, I am translating chapter 2 right now. Chapter 1 is already up https://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home/post/back-to-chaos-in-a-dream-chapter-one

The story u quoted is a confirmed fan fiction. The original version by the author can be found here. 

https://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home/post/bodhi-fate-prologue-chapter-one

Everything else u find on the internet regarding Bodhi Fate are all fanfics.

The author said it herself.

That was a DongFeng Fanfic on Jianshu. That idea of fj was a phoenix flower and ZY using it to make medicine for FJ mom was adopt into a few Fanfics. Someone this fanfics were never even completed.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MoonPrincess said:

That was a DongFeng Fanfic on Jianshu. That idea of fj was a phoenix flower and ZY using it to make medicine for FJ mom was adopt into a few Fanfics. Someone this fanfics were never even completed.

I'd rather wait for the upcoming books written by Tang Qi where we will surely see the other couples in the background. I'm pretty sure she said we will see Dong Feng and Gun Gun ALi and the rest in the immortal arc of Lotus Step which is going to 2 vols. And also the fact the Cheng Yu are both foxs' friends.

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 1

Something  I was wondering.  Who decides the roles of born immortals? 
For example, what if the Fox Queen had more kids? 

Or regular earth immortals -do they end up with an area automatically?

Who would decide what their role would be?

I know Dong Hua assigns immortals who were once human their roles. 

But can they get expanded- changed?

1 hour ago, Romulan said:

Something  I was wondering.  Who decides the roles of born immortals? 
For example, what if the Fox Queen had more kids? 

Or regular earth immortals -do they end up with an area automatically?

Who would decide what their role would be?

I know Dong Hua assigns immortals who were once human their roles. 

But can they get expanded- changed?

Destiny gives you your children, however many, despite the fact that you look young forever. For the purpose of designating the generation differences the series ages the Fox King. But in reality, the Fox King still looks the same as he did 300,000 years ago. It's like looking at Legolas and King Thranduil. King Thranduil looks forever young but is a very old elf.

Earth immortals are usually spirit based short lived animals for example birds. 

The roles are designated by Nine Heavens if their territory is under their jurisdiction. That was Dong Hua's original role when he was given his title. He is supposed to assign titles and jobs across all of the immortal world that is under their control. Chapter 2 of the outtake will tell you exactly what Dong Hua actually does after he was bestowed his title.

And for the record, the Underworld immortals are NOT under Nine Heavens jurisdiction so the Gods there are independent of them. They work in partnership with Nine Heavens but they do not take orders from them. This makes the Xie siblings rather powerful. So when Xie Gu Chou subordinated himself to Dong Hua in the series, that's actually wrong. HAHAHAH!

We have a translated article on the blog that explains all these as well. 

Roles do get expanded and changed like a real job ya know? Later on when he retired, he gives roles to new immortals ascending from the mortal realms.

----------------

And on another note I have some new reflections on the Pillow Book story to share:

I reread the Chinese original text Pillow Book again to gain a new perspective on the story. I mean in the show they changed quite a few things (especially in Aranya's Dream) so it doesn't make Di Jun look as bad. The change in the series made it seem unjustifiable for her to up and leave for 200 years, to the extent of keeping her child a secret even from her own family. 

But in the book, he lied to her all the way to the end before Zhong Lin told her the truth. He even changed her memories. What hurt her the most when she left wasn't just because of Ji Heng. It was all his lies and the fact that he changed her memories. And it was also all the lies that made her completely disappointed and she lost her trust in him, which was why she honestly believed he chose Ji Heng over her.

You see, Dong Hua always does things using means that are the most convenient and/or the fastest solution to the problem. This was developed when he fought those wars, in which you do need that ability to think on the fly and make efficient decisions. 

Due to low EQ (let's just say he has none), he did not stop to think of the consequences if/when she finds out the truth. That had never crossed his mind. The author did say that she did make Dong Hua suffer because he needed to learn that people do get hurt if you do not consider their feelings when you make decisions FOR THEM. And that constantly making decisions for her is not a good idea. Only learning that lesson will he then be able to get back together with her. He also needed to learn to respect her irregardless of how old she is. And to always be honest with the person you love.

That's why the outtake showed this character development. Since they got back together, he never hid anything from her anymore. He tells her everything, even those things she doesn't quite understand and takes time to teach her to understand as well.

This is what makes Tang Qi an awesome writer. Make her characters come to life and then make them grow and change. Yes, even a 400,000 year old immortal can change and grow.

I am looking forward to character development in Lotus Steps. This one will be interesting. Cheng Yu is going to go from Human -> Immortal -> Goddess Zu Ti.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3
46 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Destiny gives you your children, however many, despite the fact that you look young forever. For the purpose of designating the generation differences the series ages the Fox King. But in reality, the Fox King still looks the same as he did 300,000 years ago. It's like looking at Legolas and King Thranduil. King Thranduil looks forever young but is a very old elf.

Earth immortals are usually spirit based short lived animals for example birds. 

The roles are designated by Nine Heavens if their territory is under their jurisdiction. That was Dong Hua's original role when he was given his title. He is supposed to assign titles and jobs across all of the immortal world that is under their control. Chapter 2 of the outtake will tell you exactly what Dong Hua actually does after he was bestowed his title.

And for the record, the Underworld immortals are NOT under Nine Heavens jurisdiction so the Gods there are independent of them. They work in partnership with Nine Heavens but they do not take orders from them. This makes the Xie siblings rather powerful. So when Xie Gu Chou subordinated himself to Dong Hua in the series, that's actually wrong. HAHAHAH!

We have a translated article on the blog that explains all these as well. 

Roles do get expanded and changed like a real job ya know? Later on when he retired, he gives roles to new immortals ascending from the mortal realms.

----------------

And on another note I have some new reflections on the Pillow Book story to share:

I reread the Chinese original text Pillow Book again to gain a new perspective on the story. I mean in the show they changed quite a few things (especially in Aranya's Dream) so it doesn't make Di Jun look as bad. The change in the series made it seem unjustifiable for her to up and leave for 200 years, to the extent of keeping her child a secret even from her own family. 

But in the book, he lied to her all the way to the end before Zhong Lin told her the truth. He even changed her memories. What hurt her the most when she left wasn't just because of Ji Heng. It was all his lies and the fact that he changed her memories. And it was also all the lies that made her completely disappointed and she lost her trust in him, which was why she honestly believed he chose Ji Heng over her.

You see, Dong Hua always does things using means that are the most convenient and/or the fastest solution to the problem. This was developed when he fought those wars, in which you do need that ability to think on the fly and make efficient decisions. 

Due to low EQ (let's just say he has none), he did not stop to think of the consequences if/when she finds out the truth. That had never crossed his mind. The author did say that she did make Dong Hua suffer because he needed to learn that people do get hurt if you do not consider their feelings when you make decisions FOR THEM. And that constantly making decisions for her is not a good idea. Only learning that lesson will he then be able to get back together with her. He also needed to learn to respect her irregardless of how old she is. And to always be honest with the person you love.

That's why the outtake showed this character development. Since they got back together, he never hid anything from her anymore. He tells her everything, even those things she doesn't quite understand and takes time to teach her to understand as well.

This is what makes Tang Qi an awesome writer. Make her characters come to life and then make them grow and change. Yes, even a 400,000 year old immortal can change and grow.

I am looking forward to character development in Lotus Steps. This one will be interesting. Cheng Yu is going to go from Human -> Immortal -> Goddess Zu Ti.

I think I need to re-read the articles again! (I binged thru them when I first found the blog. definitely time for a re-read. :)    And this is really cool -thank you @Ninky

I wasnt sure because it sounded like Cheng Yu didnt really enjoy her job but it was what she was assigned to do and I knew that we saw references to earth immortals that had like the river or palace as their 'area'. so  I was curious!  :)

• Like 3

OH MANNNNNNN DONG HUA WAS SO LAZY IN SCHOOL NUFF SAID!  Now I totally understand why lil fox and him can be together hahahahah! Translation on the last 2 parts now of Chapter 2 of Back to Chaos in a dream!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 2