Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland WebDrama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

@chubby^green^

I admires your passion towards DongFeng couple enough to make you re-read it again and again in order to find the answer..bravo!:thumbsup:and me too ..because i feel so passionate about DongFeng couple i don't mind at all..i still read it (re-read..lost counts) now and then just to pass my time.

@redfoxprincess

Wow!! you must be a genius..can memorize everything in the book..accurately with just one time reading..I have to read it and re-read it again and again in order to understand/ memorize it better:thumbsup:.and I always looking forward to your opinions/answers..every time...if there's any query from others.:D

@Sisca_TVXQ

Me too..I lost count how many times read and re-reading..and never failed to make me cry at the "heartache" "heartbreaking" parts.. giggle and laughing at the funny moments or feels sappy at DongFeng's sweets romance..

Thanks for sharing the beautiful and super cute arts of DongFeng and Bai Gungun.:love:

• Like 3

On 1/6/2019 at 11:13 AM, redfoxprincess said:

Yes! A+++ :D I’ve really appreciated your input from the beginning since you joined this forum. You’ve shared some really funny thoughts and bounced ideas with me and others in a really fun and respectful way. The best thing about you is you go back and re-read stuff when you realise you’ve misunderstood something or needed to re-familiarise yourself.

aw... you are making me blush

hahaha

i am pretty new in this whole dongfeng and pillow book situation thingy

so my knowledge is pretty lacking furthermore it is in a language that i dont understand too,

and for them to listen to you and to your argument per say, you need to have better understanding of things first

since i'm quite absentminded in that sense,  it's better to go back and check each time i have question so at least i can be sure

hahaha

beside i wont mind reading pillow book thousands of time :P

all is well

On 1/6/2019 at 10:38 PM, jimmylyne said:

@chubby^green^

I admires your passion towards DongFeng couple enough to make you re-read it again and again in order to find the answer..bravo!:thumbsup:and me too ..because i feel so passionate about DongFeng couple i don't mind at all..i still read it (re-read..lost counts) now and then just to pass my time.

one of my weaknesses, when i find something that i truly like

i will basically drowned myself in that thing

would search every nook and cranny just to get info on anything about them

and since dongfeng is my latest obsession, i am seriously crazy about it for now

and i think the fever will last even after the drama ends, actually i think it will get worse by that time

since i will getting new dosage of dongfeng loves (can't wait)

hahaha

btw i am now very much curious about the bai family tree

i only know

bai zhi as the patriarch, bai yi the second son and feng jiu's dad, bai zhen the fourth son and bai qian the youngest and only female

so who is the firstborn and the third son?

hahahah

anyway talking about reading the book again

guilty as charged

was totally drained yesterday doing a 50 pages assignment (like seriously who ever wanted to read a 50 pages assignment these days? my lecturer apparently) 

i was rereading second book and i stumble into something funny (well i stumble into it since i am reading it in a new perspective, others most probably know about this already hihihi)

do you guys remember the scene when fengjiu finished making her sword case and was about to cuddle with donghua but sleep was evading her that day?

she end up drawing layout for her new addition to the bamboo house she is constructing aka migu would be doing the labour work for sure

they aka fengjiu and donghua was discussing about how many rooms they should have

basically donghua asking why he needs his own room when she should never kick him out of the bedroom even if he make her upset

and fengjiu wondering whether to have one cub room aka one child or two rooms aka have 2 children

before when i was reading this part 

i didn't think much about it

i was focusing more on the fact that donghua was willing to leave taichen palace to go and lives with fengjiu at a bamboo cove

and thinks aw... that sweet and cute...

but after reading those mini stories about all of tang qi's characters thanks to @Sisca_TVXQ for giving me the link

i have new perspective for that scene

^_^

now i see that when donghua quickly decided to have two rooms for the cubs meaning that he wanted to have two kids

not because he likes kids, he'll definitely love bai gungun and his successive siblings for sure

but this man's thoughts are all about having feng jiu to himself and he is not even willing to share her with his own son

although he earlier said that one room aka one kid is enough for them

he changed his mind when he heard that one kid would mean that kid would be too attached with the mom and never let the mom go (perfect example would be a-li and bai qian)

so like of course he and fengjiu should have two kids, so they can play with one another and leave feng jiu alone

all to himself

lor hahaha

i can totally imagine what his words would be if bai gungun complains that his mother doesn't have much time for him 

he would definitely say, "she is my wife, of course she should always be with me

if you are angry and jealous then go get yourself a wife and cling on to her for all that you like"

hahaha

see, this kind of things make me want to read something over and over again

the first time i read pillow book

i read it with fresh eye and fresh mind, even if i get the gist of the story and how the story goes, my reading is not accompanied with added information or additional emotional aspects just yet

reading the second time makes you pay more attention to details and other character, and then after that each new reading would bring new understanding and sometime different points of view that makes the reading even more interesting

i am still learning new things from my reading of pillow book even now

and that is so much fun and enjoyable especially i have this thread to discuss and share my newfound perspectives and understanding

it makes it all more interesting and worthy

:P

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

@chubby^green^

I really love that part too, really hope they can put that part in drama but its unlikely so we could only use our imagination :(

I wanna see Dong hua threatening to send Bai Gun Gun to Kunlun if he keep clinging to his mom LOL

And imagine if he really send Bai Gun Gun to kunlun and Feng jiu insisted to go too, then of course Dong hua have to follow her there, Mo yuan will have a headache :joy:

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • LOL 4

@Sisca_TVXQ omg i totally forgot about the kunlun threat

if all three of them move to kunlun

i bet moyuan would felt like he is better off not being resurrected in the first place than to face the torture of watching his kunlun mountain become a love nest for donghua and fengjiu

actually maybe watching dongfeng happy coupling could compel the first disciple to get married finally? (still cant believe that the handsome and cool first disciple is the crazy lovesick monster in flame's daughter)

hahaha

well at least they will get better food for sure hahaha

unless if it was donghua's turn to cook :tired:

i just noticed that malaysian local channel is quite fast in taking chinese drama to our broadcast

i have seen king's woman on tv before but i didn't watch tv much so i didn't pay much attention

right now 8tv is airing ashes of love, which is quite new and also every sunday is sweet dreams

i wonder if webdrama would get chance to be aired on tv here fast also or not

would be nice to watch pillow box on the big box hahaha

• LOL 2

On 1/7/2019 at 1:38 AM, jimmylyne said:

@redfoxprincess

Wow!! you must be a genius..can memorize everything in the book..accurately with just one time reading..I have to read it and re-read it again and again in order to understand/ memorize it better:thumbsup:.and I always looking forward to your opinions/answers..every time...if there's any query from others.:D

Aw you’re so kind & funny! :heart: I’m certainly far from being a genius, but my problem is i remember books i like really, really well - which is exactly why i forbid myself from re-reading Pillow Book for 2 years (evidently, it’s still not long enough because i can still regurgitate so much <_<). It’s only fun to me the first time. So i need to wait long enough for my memory to clear so that it feels like first time again. I wish i had good memory and knowledge for something more useful... then i wouldn’t have failed every single maths test/exam in my entire life! :weary:

@Sisca_TVXQ

I LOVE the first pic with Feng Jiu dancing and Dong Hua playing the harp! :wub: Thanks for always finding sweet things to share here!

@Leslie Mtz C

Thanks for that update on our little sticky rice ball! I’m still a bit weirded out that a girl is playing Ah Li. :huh: It’s just not the same. I don’t expect them to bring back Hummer Zhang, but surely a BOY can’t be too much to ask!

• Like 3

@chubby^green^

Yes, thats why I always buy Original Dvds when I go to malaysia. It comes with english subtitle and cheap too ! 

In my country (Indonesia) Asian drama always get dubbed when aired on local channel and its really hard to get Asian drama Original Dvds with english subtitle here :sweatingbullets:

Thats the problem with kid actor/actress, they grow up really fast, he's really tall now so they can't use him anymore. Btw, I prefer Ah li in movie version because he fit the description, chubby and round :P

@redfoxprincess @jimmylyne

You're welcome, thanks for sharing that songs too, cant stop listening it now LOL

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Btw, I prefer Ah li in movie version because he fit the description, chubby and round :P

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE!!!!!!!!!! :wub: It’s also because Ah Li in the movie looks EXACTLY LIKE MY (then) 3-YEAR OLD SON so it was really funny & special watching him! :D

Actually, long before any of this, Liu Yifei & Yang Yang were the Feng Jiu & Dong Hua in my imagination when i read The Pillow Book. It was like a SEMI-dream-come-true in Once Upon a Time watching them play Bai Qian & Ye Hua - like YAY but also wrong couple hahaha! :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

40 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

@chubby^green^

Yes, thats why I always buy Original Dvds when I go to malaysia. It comes with english subtitle and cheap too ! 

In my country (Indonesia) Asian drama always get dubbed when aired on local channel and its really hard to get Asian drama Original Dvds with english subtitle here :sweatingbullets:

Thats the problem with kid actor/actress, they grow up really fast, he's really tall now so they can't use him anymore. Btw, I prefer Ah li in movie version because he fit the description, chubby and round :P

@redfoxprincess @jimmylyne

You're welcome, thanks for sharing that songs too, cant stop listening it now LOL

Agree that hard to find the ori dvd in indonesia. I lived in medan (north sumatra) which totally only pirate dvd available hehe

so i mostly order books n ori dvd from amazon. Expensive in shipping cost of course:(

pls let me know where i can buy the dvd ori in malaysia.

also...

anybody know where i can buy the pillow book (dongfeng) novel in english translation? Pls info me

amazon now only available in chinesse lang edition

Edited by ftmhling
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, redfoxprincess said:

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE!!!!!!!!!! :wub: It’s also because Ah Li in the movie looks EXACTLY LIKE MY (then) 3-YEAR OLD SON so it was really funny & special watching him! :D

Actually, long before any of this, Liu Yifei & Yang Yang were the Feng Jiu & Dong Hua in my imagination when i read The Pillow Book. It was like a SEMI-dream-come-true in Once Upon a Time watching them play Bai Qian & Ye Hua - like YAY but also wrong couple hahaha! :sweatingbullets:

Really ? I thought they are perfect as Ye hua and Bai qian, my friend refuse to accept Mark as Ye hua because he's not as handsome as Yang yang LOL

@ftmhling

I bought them directly at malaysia or if you prefer online you could try ebay/yesasia. For books I think you better buy from Periplus, amazon's shipping cost is too expensive :sweatingbullets:

Btw, I accidently bought original Eternal love Dvd twice, if you're interested PM me ok ? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, redfoxprincess said:

oh my, your son must be seriously adorable hahaha

tried to watch the movie version of eternal love

tried is the key words

although have to say bai qian movie version is seriously far way prettier than the drama version

i just find unfamiliar with movie's ye hua

i guess i am still hung up over mark chaoi's ye hua

honestly i dont really like the love story between bai qian and ye hua, it doesn't click to me much

what got me going watching the drama was because of ye hua's character

so for the movie version...

i was like er... no thanks, maybe someday

though now i am thinking maybe i should watch for a-li's sake

he must be a real deal in movie version for you guys to get excited about

hahaha

24 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

my friend refuse to accept Mark as Ye hua because he's not as handsome as Yang yang LOL

lor isnt this the exact opposite of me :P

i always thought the guy playing ye hua in movie version is too pretty to be the tall brooding ye hua i know (especially when he got into his dark black cape, robe, clothing) like a swamp monster :tounge_xd:

the impact of drama's ye hua is too much on me

hahaha

and seeing what @redfoxprincess said below v i guess i'm the only who prefer mark chao's ye hua

maybe because i am not influenced by the book since i didn't read it, so that ye hua is the only one i know

hahaha

:sweatingbullets:

1 hour ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

@chubby^green^

Yes, thats why I always buy Original Dvds when I go to malaysia. It comes with english subtitle and cheap too

hahaha, same here when i go to kl, i will always visit the dvd shop just to buy the new stuffs there

i am a crazy old TVB dramas collector 

and these days they even have so many chinese drama on dvd instead of just hk or taiwanese drama

although the old ones is not being subbed, which is a pity

:)

but still happy

when i watched dongfeng drama version

i thought that donghua's nickname for fengjiu was always jiu er

kinda cute and adorable, same with bai qian is being called qian qian

but when i read the book and i realised that his real petname for her was xiao bai

and jiu er was actually family nick's to her

i thought to myself, oh my, that is even way cuter

so now i am preparing myself and my heart to hear donghua called her xiao bai for the first time in drama and squeal my heart out

hahaha

51 minutes ago, ftmhling said:

pls let me know where i can buy the dvd ori in malaysia.

my fav place would be speedy shop in midvalley mega mall (can i say it like this here?)

if not pls tell i will delete ^_^'

it has vast range of dvd and some cds i think

and the price is not that expensive

• LOL 1

30 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Really ? I thought they are perfect as Ye hua and Bai qian, my friend refuse to accept Mark as Ye hua because he's not as handsome as Yang yang LOL

They were perfect as BQ & YH!!! They both have perfect faces, beautiful celestial aura & i’ve loved them both individually for years! I just think they would have made just as perfect a Feng Jiu & Dong Hua couple - just as i had imagined, though it’ll never happen. :wub: But i’m not complaining - Reba & Vengo reprising their roles was the best thing of 2018!!! Actually, Liu Yuxin & Jiro Wang NOT being FJ & DH was equally the best thing of 2018!!! :joy: Also looking forward to seeing who will star in the film! OH AND I AGREE WITH YOUR FRIEND - MARK CHAO REUINED YE HUA FOR ME... lost count of how many times i burst out laughing at his tranny hair and ugly crying face! :joy:

• LOL 3

15 minutes ago, chubby^green^ said:

i always thought the guy playing ye hua in movie version is too pretty to be the tall brooding ye hua i know (especially when he got into his dark black cape, robe, clothing) like a swamp monster :tounge_xd:

OMG MARK CHAO IS THE SWAMP MONSTER!!! He is sooo yuck hahaha! :crazy: His costumes in Eternal Love were DISGUSTING!!! And he is anything but pretty!!! Can’t believe you don’t like Yang Yang as Ye Hua, who according to the book is the ultimate pretty boy - and no, he doesn’t dress like a swamp monster! - OK you need to go watch Love O2O like right about NOW!!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@chubby^green^

I watched the movie version first and got confused, I thought Ye hua is Mo yuan, and thats why I watched the drama LOL

I thought the cast for movie version is perfect but the plot and Zhe yan's outfit is a disaster :sweatingbullets:

But cant really blame them because its impossible to cram the story  into 2 hours movie, even 3 hours is not enough...thats why I'm worried for Pillow book movie...

And yes I thought Yehua and Bai qian's love story is kinda boring, its too perfect for me...They're fated, they are the most pretty and handsome couple, He's a crown prince, she's a Queen, its a perfect Fairtytale :sweatingbullets:

@ForgottenSoulx

Lets pray it get aired this year, but I'm worried about the rating, I found many people (online) dont like Vengo's acting, and they said Dilireba's acting also mediocre :(

@redfoxprincess

Yes mark's customes is ugly, the ugliest is the one that looks like crow custome from Game of Thrones LOL

But I've to say his acting is superb, the way he act out Ye hua and Mo yuan is really good, you can see the difference...

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • LOL 2

On 1/8/2019 at 12:30 PM, redfoxprincess said:

his ---- hair

but but the hair is gorgeous, hahaha, at least to me that is

suited with his all black attire

the one that make most impact to me must be the one where he met bai qian/susu again ep 30 i think

just like a rug, or can be used as tactical disguise in the army for swamp attack

hahaha

On 1/8/2019 at 12:30 PM, redfoxprincess said:

Actually, Liu Yuxin & Jiro Wang NOT being FJ & DH was equally the best thing of 2018!

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

seriously thank god for this

if not, my perfect image for donghua and fengjiu would be tainted

hahaha

• LOL 2

9 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

I thought the cast for movie version is perfect but the plot and Zhe yan's outfit is a disaster :sweatingbullets:

Luo Jin is HOTTT but why oh why on earth did they dress this hundreds-of-thousand-years-old phoenix god like a bleepin’ MALE PEACOCK?!?! I mean, seriously... PHOENIX = PEACOCK?!?!?!?! :crazy::crazy::crazy:

• LOL 3

16 minutes ago, redfoxprincess said:

Can’t believe you don’t like Yang Yang as Ye Hua, who according to the book is the ultimate pretty boy - and no, he doesn’t dress like a swamp monster! - OK you need to go watch Love O2O like right about NOW!!!

see! i didnt read the book

so i didnt know that ye hua was said to be the prettiest boy or ultimate pretty boy

i always thought he was the not so good looking, brooding guy but have grace and charisma just like in the drama

beside i always thought that bai zhen is the fairest of them all and i still think he is hahaha

people keep saying about Love O2O and saying praises about it

but i dont get that interested in the female lead and honestly i dont see the attraction of yang yang just yet

my first view of him was ye hua and that was ruined because of my adoration toward drama ye hua

:P

maybe someday i will try to watch hahaha

13 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

And yes I thought Yehua and Bai qian's love story is kinda boring, its too perfect for me...They're fated, they are the most pretty and handsome couple, He's a crown prince, she's a Queen, its a perfect Fairtytale

yeah it is just too too perfect

and also i am kinda put off with bai qian's attitude, her aloofness and her not caring sometime is just too much for me

i dunno whether the book version is the same

but her in the drama version doesnt attract me at all and i dont really root for her

just that other females in the drama aside from feng jiu is way worse

hahaha

13 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Zhe yan's outfit is a disaster

5 minutes ago, redfoxprincess said:

Luo Jin is HOTTT but why oh why on earth did they dress this hundreds-of-thousand-years-old phoenix god like a bleepin’ MALE PEACOCK?!?! I mean, seriously... PHOENIX = PEACOCK?!?!?!?

now you guys make me wanna google the disaster called movie zhe yan

hahaha

ps have to ask in the movie version do they have donghua and fengjiu

and are they okay?

wanna to try to watch the movie again

but dont want the movie donghua and fengjiu ruined the drama dongfeng for me

hahaha

• LOL 1