[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

10 minutes ago, memine said:

A little special feast to YQT's fangirls here

Don't click open this spoiler

Hide contents

Didn't I told you not to... well here's for you

:kiss_wink:

Oh my .... YQT is a very handsome lad indeed. He looks good in period drama n modern. Hope he gets to OTP with Raba in a drama soon. They have onscreen chemistry. 

His physic is so yummilicious ... if only we have a drooling icon to show my drool. 

Ah ... so nice to be that young and hot. 

Why the young men during my time aren't that hot? :joy:

Lol ... our DH indeed has a serious competitor in YQT.  Forget about xiao yan ... YQT is the MAN.  Lucky FJ haven't seen YQT topless vs DH topless. :joy:  Which one will she be fangirling after? 

• LOL 6

20 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

i took a different approach to watching - i viewed the later parts first before watching the earlier scenes. It's played by a younger lead actor so if you like a matured hero, DJ is a better bet. But in AOL the story builds and there is character progression for the actress (although someone commented that they can't stand the prolonged conflict of "is this love, is this not love"). For the main protagonist, he goes down a darker path mid-point and in a way is sucked into his own misery or thoughts of betrayal that he doesn't seek to understand why the female protagonist is behaving the way she does....so it's a different tale. I think why AOL and TMOPB were very successful because they captured the male protagonist as someone who is devoted to loving just one person and being willing to do what it takes for the person they love. Maybe not for all women, but I think most of us will fall for that kind of setup. It's highly romanticised (and if you ask my husband, next to impossible to find in a real life man :sweatingbullets:) and maybe that is why it's all the more appealing (at least to the little girl in me who still thinks in terms of the tall, dark, handsome knight in shining armour rescuing the maiden in distress). 

With DJ, it's a mature soul so his character and behavioural tendencies are more stable, just that he learns to love (my point of view anyway).

@katfindlay probably next Thursday when VVIP viewers get to watch the next 6 episodes

ok.. on AOL.. i try and see if this works for me.. i watched 30 mins and it's still boring to me..

May I ask if ep 43 of 3L3WPillow book will be out earliest when ? is it still on a thursday? Can i catch in duboku? i will watch in mandarin and then wait for the eng subs for better understanding later when it's available

• Like 1

WTF i just read a comment on YouTube from a chinese fan, she said she and other chinese fans of TMOPB  are mad that  Pillow Book was made into a drama, because originally  the reason of why they included  fengjiu and donghua  story in TMOPB was that there   wasn't supposed  to be another drama about the pillow book  , but now that Tencent picked this up TMOPB are mad because they didnt  get enough  screen time for yehua and baiqian in the fiesta drama because D&F.... that  is so stupid  as if the producers of TMOPB  could see the future  and now other production company will produce pillow book, i cant  believe there  are people who thinks  like  that 

@memine 

Well well..YQT ..such a hottie..that delicious washboard abs tho..:lol:

Reba.. such a beautiful woman..but there's still people out there condemning her looks..i say they're just jealous :lol:

From my point of view The Untamed is not a BL story.. at least not in the drama..its more to bromance friendships and loyalty.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

WTF i just read a comment on YouTube from a chinese fan, she said she and other chinese fans of TMOPB  are mad that  Pillow Book was made into a drama, because originally  the reason of why they included  fengjiu and donghua  story in TMOPB was that there   wasn't supposed  to be another drama about the pillow book  , but now that Tencent picked this up TMOPB are mad because they didnt  get enough  screen time for yehua and baiqian in the fiesta drama because D&F.... that  is so stupid  as if the producers of TMOPB  could see the future  and now other production company will produce pillow book, i cant  believe there  are people who thinks  like  that 

They are just TMOPB delulu fans because Pillow Book is getting more interesting than TMOPB. I have watched on n off TMOPB and frankly I prefer Pillow Book any time. The story and the dialogue are witty and all the supporting actors lines are great too.  It's silly to compare these 2 drama as they are not the same book nor story.  There are many spin off from some main drama so what are they whining and b i tc h i n g about? 

They should pick up their discontentment with the directors/script writers/producer of TMOPB instead of nitpicking Pillow book.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

WTF, DH and FJ has like 6 hrs only (someone compiled in YT) within a 45mins/58 episode of TMOPB, 13% screen time only. Theyre the supporting star and story and their time was too less.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, taekwang said:

ok.. on AOL.. i try and see if this works for me.. i watched 30 mins and it's still boring to me..

May I ask if ep 43 of 3L3WPillow book will be out earliest when ? is it still on a thursday? Can i catch in XXXXX? i will watch in mandarin and then wait for the eng subs for better understanding later when it's available

Fingers crossed it will be out where you have been watching it at the usual place. I only saw on Friday morning and my country has the same time as China, so I can't tell you what is the earliest time you can watch it at XXXX. In the kindness of others, we place our hopes :P

@elsanna the kiddo in the snake pit is sooooooo beautiful, I wonder what she will look like when she is older, probably have the same exotic likes like Reba. :P

@memine 不知不罪 I think this is the chinese saying for "don't know/not aware, so there is no guilt" - which I think is what FJ pointed out to DJ. There are many things which he is not aware of and in the case of the Saha fruit, he did ask but she evaded the question and so DJ jumped to his own conclusion because of jealousy rearing its ugly head. In my head, I used to think Gods were omnipotent and omniscient. But clearly, this is not the case, they are portrayed like the Greek Gods, who still suffer from jealousy, anger, hatred, fear, and many of the human emotions....:sweatingbullets:   So, a lot of things in their case were a matter of circumstance and choice; can't lay blame on DJ alone.  

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

28 minutes ago, elsanna said:

Was it only me...or when su moye rescued Aranya from snake pit she was looking too much beautiful to be said for a person living in a pit...LOL:joy: to me it looked she was just called for shooting from some ramp walk:joy: *just for fun*

Maybe because she too beautiful to be look unkempt..just like her character in "pretty Li huizen" she was still pretty when she was supposedly look "ugly" :grin:

• LOL 7

WeTV finally fixed the preview uploads and I cant get enough of preview for ep37. I kept sliding that white button to the left to replay DH reaction seeing Aranya. Its like 'WTF is happening' and 'finally I found you' combined together. I can feel his overwhelmed feeling:heart: So when he saw her in the cave in her own body :kiss_wink::love:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

There is an up and coming scene between XiZe and FJ where they watch the Yueling flowers and FJ thinks that Xize is Su Moye (with the eye masks on). This is what DJ says when FJ asks him “You said you only want to keep one person in your memory. How was she like?”

“Very beautiful,” he told her. “And she'll be even more beautiful when she grows up.” He paused then added: “She has a good personality too.” Then he recalled: “Also very talented. Talented in everything.” And finally concluded: “Everything about her is wonderful.” Then as though he was speaking to himself: “Since I picked her, naturally everything about her is wonderful.”

I think someone posted this earlier, but just wanted to highlight it again - simple, sincere and heartfelt, this this is view of her. Naturally, FJ thinks this description is what Su Moye thinks of Aranya; the irony is that this is how she is being described by the man she loves, who she thinks loves someone else. Stay tuned for that scene!

@springfiry Don't know if you remembered that part, but they changed the scene in the cave where Xize has just fought with the serpent (book) which was changed into Miaoluo (drama), and he confessed to FJ that he is inexperienced when it comes to love/dating/romance, and he needs to learn more. I found that rather hilarious, coming from DJ who is supposed to reign supreme, having to admit that he is lacking in this area. And FJ was so indignant when he said he has to learn (from her?)...:D

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 1

I finally watched all 42 episodes, and can feel all the fan service the director is giving us. Finally caught up with this thread too lol

When I started watching this show, I was abit apprehensive because it was pretty slow at the start. Now i am Glad it is picking up speed and I do find the plot faster and more interesting. It also helps that we got a few kisses, more skinship and a lot less JiHeng in the Aranya arc. I find the 2 irritating sisters much better plot than JiHeng. 

I also find Vengo and Reba’s acting shines during the emotional scenes . Vengo especially since his character is more calm but I can see the small twitches of his facial reaction, his soulful eyes. A girl can drown in them. I know Vengo is not as popular as Reba, but hopefully it allows him to gain more recognition and chances to lead in more dramas.

And sadly we have only 13episodes before the show ends, that is like 2weeks left. I am so not looking forward.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

There is an up and coming scene between XiZe and FJ where they watch the Yueling flowers and FJ thinks that Xize is Su Moye (with the eye masks on). This is what DJ says when FJ asks him “You said you only want to keep one person in your memory. How was she like?”

“Very beautiful,” he told her. “And she'll be even more beautiful when she grows up.” He paused then added: “She has a good personality too.” Then he recalled: “Also very talented. Talented in everything.” And finally concluded: “Everything about her is wonderful.” Then as though he was speaking to himself: “Since I picked her, naturally everything about her is wonderful.”

I think someone posted this earlier, but just wanted to highlight it again - simple, sincere and heartfelt, this this is view of her. Naturally, FJ thinks this description is what Su Moye thinks of Aranya; the irony is that this is how she is being described by the man she loves, who she thinks loves someone else. Stay tuned for that scene!

I think this scene also includes my sooo liked DH line, "With me here, she will live a very long life." :heart:

He's so looking forward to an eternal life with her, and his will to protect her.

Whatever happens she will live even with his life on the line and in the end of his life. In entering Aranya Dream, the 'ifs' DH laid categorically concluded FJ will get out of the dream, theres no 'if we didnt make it'. In his near death, his heart :bawling: that he made into a ring to protect FJ no matter what. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 3
  • Insightful 1

19 minutes ago, springfiry said:

I finally watched all 42 episodes, and can feel all the fan service the director is giving us. Finally caught up with this thread too lol

When I started watching this show, I was abit apprehensive because it was pretty slow at the start. Now i am Glad it is picking up speed and I do find the plot faster and more interesting. It also helps that we got a few kisses, more skinship and a lot less JiHeng in the Aranya arc. I find the 2 irritating sisters much better plot than JiHeng. 

I also find Vengo and Reba’s acting shines during the emotional scenes . Vengo especially since his character is more calm but I can see the small twitches of his facial reaction, his soulful eyes. A girl can drown in them. I know Vengo is not as popular as Reba, but hopefully it allows him to gain more recognition and chances to lead in more dramas.

And sadly we have only 13episodes before the show ends, that is like 2weeks left. I am so not looking forward.

Good news I just saw earlier. Vengo will lead in a drama Its Warm, Its Sweet. Looking forward for this :heart:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

To those who had seen till ep 42, have you noticed how DH is giving lingering looks to Shenye whenever they meet? 

Shenye is really DH shadow, he got the same jealous looks too when FJ is with Su Moye and DH. Applause to the actor, he gave the character he plays the aura of bleakness. That bewilderment on 36 when FJ didn't recognize him at the restaurant? Before that, while he was reminiscing the past, he said that today he will meet Aranya? :tears:

Hmm, I'm guessing that DH snagged Su Moye's share of sweets because FJ in Aranya's body bled so much during Junou's supposed execution when she intervened. That barely controlled anger of DH...tsk, tsk, Su Moye.

And Xiao Yan, tsk, tsk, tsk. What a blabbermouth. He should have stayed longer before leaving to hear Lian Song threaten the whole Biyinao clan if any of the DH and FJ situation leaks.

DH (and Su Moye) is wary of ChenYe because they already suspect him of creating Aranya's Dream. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

These is my old post on September 8 ,2018 at page 32 

My take on Aranya/ ChenYe story.

Sooo....at the first time I read it(Aranya Dream parts) I kind of..didn't seriously concentrated...but the second and the third times I read it..oh my heart..it's so heartbreakingly sad just like DH/FJ's love story..I realized that.. due to the "Unfinished Fate" between Aranya/ChenYe is the reason DH/FJ can be together. There's a few parts/lines in the book I really love because as simple as it was..but the meaning is deeply touching.

1.People say the most painful thing is a love where you cannot be together in life and cannot meet in death. But that was not it. The worst grief is when you clearly loved her but she never even know to the day she died and you could no longer let her know.

2.That person. You'd never see her again.You could never hear her again.You could never touch her again. She even decidedly gave up on reincarnation.  No matter how many after lives there were no matter who you became, you would never be able to meet her .She was gone, completely and utterly gone.

3. "Look at the love to see the lover". For exp: There was the passionate kind of love, the steady kind love and also the courteous kind of love. There were people loved very MUCH but said very LITTLE .Then there were people love very MUCH and said just as MUCH. One could not say that someone else's feelings weren't love just because his love was different from one's own. 

PS: I really love the Pillow Book novel and admire Tang Qi imaginations and inspirations. It's so amazingly splendidly beautifully written. I might say she is a genius "A True Love Story" writer.

I also just finished rereading TPB. I agree the Aranya/Chen Ye Arc was SO heartbreakingly sad. I could feel Chen Ye’s pain and trying to gather the soul of the person you love. Reminded me of the scene from TMOPB when Ye Hua broke down when he thought Su Su’s soul (?) was gone (can’t remember the exact reason, only that I could feel his pain when crying).

I’ve read/compiled the Mini Specials (all 18 of them) from hui3r to help me cheer up, knowing that the different couples have a happy ending with funny moments. They are quick and hilarious reads.

• Like 5