[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

4 hours ago, chipz03 said:

Watching preview from. Ep 47, Yukee acted really well in conveying her sadness.  It's like you can feel the heavy burden that she has to shoulder, and she  really convey the tiredness that she must have endured there. Facing conflicting desire to protect her man or her family. :tears:

I really like that this version also portrayed ZM in her weakest moments.  She's a strong and smart lady but she's  also a young girl, a human with heart and feeling.  Of course,  I am super glad she didnt resort to the extreme emo tactics or blamed everyone and everything  everytime things didnt go as she wanted :sweatingbullets:

She cried a few,  she might even feel defeated especially when she was facing the execution, all alone. 

But for me,  in that moment of weakneses,  her inner strength actually shines. Even when she has to take few step backwards, she never really gave up what she know her heart wants..she eventually push back and take steps forward again. This version of ZM for me has more feeling and warmth. So far,  this ZM shot up to the top of my favorite ZM. HSDS has been remade for so many times, and I personally felt this version of ZM is like a breath of fresh air. That's a strong girl. She can fall down and feel defeated,  but the real strength is to come back up for another rounds of fight :glasses:, until she knows it's time for her to throw in the towel and let go. I like!  :wub:

Maybe it's just me but I feel the Members of Ming clan in this version seem to be much more ruthless. For example,  Fan Yao,  even though he has been with ZM for 10 years, practically watching her grow up,  is even more than ready to use ZM. I guess the divergence between the way WJ think and Ming members start to get wider and wider. 

I also quite like the actor who play RYW. He has the aura of a military general.  His first apperance during Fanyao flashback was very formidable.

No dialogue but his swift action against the man who wanted to kill him make him look really formidable there. 

One thing I notice when ZM goaded WJ to chase after ZZR when the latter found out that he was with ZM in ep 41?(42?). His face was as if the truth finally hit him: he will never see ZM again.  It's like he's shocked, hurt  and dissapointed that ZM kept goading her and pushing him away. Like "no,  not you too" type of thing. Sorry,  I might read into it too much hahaha:sweatingbullets:

Cannot wait for the remaining episodes.  Seem like will be angst-filled, but I am all in if it's executed well. 

Peace all:blush:

I totally agree with you that this version of ZM seem more "human". While being a strong character, she displayed her soft side while not losing her original confidence self. She, just like normal being will react with emotions when face with inner conflicts. Like what you mentioned, she is only 16 to 18 yo. 

I do feel that the ming sect guys look like they each have some kind of hidden agenda. Even my favourite hot guy Yang Xiao seem to be in deep thought most of the time in these last few episodes but refrain from saying too much 

I end up rewatch the Guang ming ding fighting scenes today , those impressive and most exciting part. Can't help it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LaurenPanna said:

I totally agree with you that this version of ZM seem more "human". While being a strong character, she displayed her soft side while not losing her original confidence self. She, just like normal being will react with emotions when face with inner conflicts. Like what you mentioned, she is only 16 to 18 yo. 

I do feel that the ming sect guys look like they each have some kind of hidden agenda. Even my favourite hot guy Yang Xiao seem to be in deep thought most of the time in these last few episodes but refrain from saying too much 

I love this version of ZM the most.  I also love this version of ZWJ the most because he was reluctant to marry ZZR whereas other versions, ZWJ actually volunteer to marry ZZR.

I don't like Yang Xiao in the last couple of episodes too.  I have an impression of him being a two faces man with a hidden agenda like you stated.  I thought in the beginning he and Fan Yao have agreed to use ZM to assassins the Yuan Emperor and then he turn around and let ZYZ knows about their plan.  At the end he agreed with ZYZ plan and Fan Yao was the only person apologized for the ideas. 

17 hours ago, quynie said:

So when do you guys think that WJ fell in love with ZM?

- at the manor (after he tickle her feet)?

- at the hot pot restaurant (their first date)?

- at the Snake Island (first trip together)?

- after she crashed the wedding?

I think he admired her beauty when after she changed into lady's clothing at the manor (the way he look at her lol.....)

After she gave the antidotes to his wudong uncles and promised her 3 wishes, he started to have a interested in her. (the look on his face when he asked Fan Yao about ZM's identity...a little shy.  He also memorized their encounters at the manor X2) 

At the hot pot restaurant after their conversations, I think he admired her character and probably a little crush too. (he said ZM more beautiful and  agree the meet up to their 2nd hot pot  date)

At the Snake Island after they spend more time together, finally get to know her character even better and then she sacrificed her life for him. WJ start to fell in love with her. (but XX constant reminded him about their hostile identities, WJ had no choice but to hide his true feeling. eg. keep pushing her away)

• Like 4

5 hours ago, chipz03 said:

Maybe it's just me but I feel the Members of Ming clan in this version seem to be much more ruthless. For example,  Fan Yao,  even though he has been with ZM for 10 years, practically watching her grow up,  is even more than ready to use ZM. I guess the divergence between the way WJ think and Ming members start to get wider and wider. 

I think FY has genuine care toward ZM, even if it might not be the main reason he saved her but at least some part of it I believe is out love and he does not want to see her die. I mean human are complex just because FY has hidden motive I don't think it negates his feelings of care towards ZM. I want to believe in FY because if not I'll be so sad for our girl Min Min, at her lowest point nobody care enough about her to save her:bawling:

1 hour ago, jackieusa said:

I don't like Yang Xiao in the last couple of episodes too.  I have an impression of him being a two faces man with a hidden agenda like you stated.  I thought in the beginning he and Fan Yao have agreed to use ZM to assassins the Yuan Emperor and then he turn around and let ZYZ knows about their plan.  At the end he agreed with ZYZ plan and Fan Yao was the only person apologized for the ideas. 

From what I watched with YX I feel like he was genuinely surprised that ZYZ knew about the assassination plot. The tone that I get from YX feels like he was pretty snarky with ZYZ after he convinced WJ to shelf the plan. He does feel a bit twitchy when talking about the assassination plot but I chalked that one since he was not sure how WJ will react once he knows ZM is involved with it. I think YX still loyal to WJ and Ming sect.

I might regret it later though for defending him lol, hope I'm right. Don't disappoint me YX:confounded:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LaurenPanna said:

She's 20 years old actually. When RYW find out ZM treason, he said about how his love and care towards ZM for 20 years cannot even compare to WJ, that she has just known for a short time, in ZM's eye.

He was so sad and angry:cry:

2 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

I think FY has genuine care toward ZM, even if it might not be the main reason he saved her but at least some part of it I believe is out love and he does not want to see her die. I mean human are complex just because FY has hidden motive I don't think it negates his feelings of care towards ZM. I want to believe in FY because if not I'll be so sad for our girl Min Min, at her lowest point nobody care enough about her to save her:bawling:

From what I watched with YX I feel like he was genuinely surprised that ZYZ knew about the assassination plot. The tone that I get from YX feels like he was pretty snarky with ZYZ after he convinced WJ to shelf the plan. He does feel a bit twitchy when talking about the assassination plot but I chalked that one since he was not sure how WJ will react once he knows ZM is involved with it. I think YX still loyal to WJ and Ming sect.

I might regret it later though for defending him lol, hope I'm right. Don't disappoint me YX:confounded:

Yeah, I thnk FY still care for ZM even though he also wanted to use her.

I wonder how ZYZ knew about the assassination plot.  Wasn't only FY and YX involved with the ideas?  FY reactions was pretty surprised and YX was not in my view. 

16 minutes ago, jackieusa said:

I wonder how ZYZ knew about the assassination plot.  Wasn't only FY and YX involved with the ideas?  FY reactions was pretty surprised and YX was not in my view. 

WJ's grandpa/YYW also know I believe, but why would he told ZYZ?

I wonder if  ZWJ might be a little jealous of the Yuan's crown prince good relationship with ZM.  I thought I saw his face changed a little when ZYZ brought it up. Imagine if the crown prince become the new emperor, he probably let ZM become his queen (smart and beautiful lady).  Pay back time for ZWJ for forgotten about ZM in episode 40:lol:

1 minute ago, jackieusa said:

I wonder if  ZWJ might be a little jealous of the Yuan's crown prince good relationship with ZM.  I thought I saw his face changed a little when ZYZ brought it up. Imagine if the crown prince become the new emperor, he probably let ZM become his queen (smart and beautiful lady).  Pay back time for ZWJ for forgotten about ZM in episode 40:lol:

Which eps did ZYZ brought it up. I might skip this part. I want to see ZWJ reaction to this. 

14 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

WJ's grandpa/YYW also know I believe, but why would he told ZYZ?

WJ's grandpa and YYW wasn't there yet.   They didn't know about the assassination plot until WJ told them after they arrived.

Just now, bluesky888 said:

Which eps did ZYZ brought it up. I might skip this part. I want to see ZWJ reaction to this. 

middle of ep 41 where ZYZ advised ZWJ to abandoned the assassination plot of the Yuan emperor.

8 minutes ago, jackieusa said:

WJ's grandpa and YYW wasn't there yet.   They didn't know about the assassination plot until WJ told them after they arrived.

Then I don't know who might told them. Or ZYZ  just might have guessed correctly, I mean he's a pretty smart guy.

5 minutes ago, PutriSing said:

Guys, because the subbing is kinda late, I'm not following some of the discussion. So, the Ming Sect wanted ZM to assassinate the Emperor? Did she agree to it? And ZWJ agree to it too?  

In the latest eps Ming sect, well it's FY's idea technically, wanted to work together with ZM to assassinate the emperor since she's the only one who could probably help them gain access to the palace, but WJ decline to do it.

1 minute ago, kur4p1k4 said:

In the latest eps Ming sect, well it's FY's idea technically, wanted to work together with ZM to assassinate the emperor since she's the only one who could probably help them gain access to the palace, but WJ decline to do it.

I hope the next few episodes, we can see a happier ZM. I feel like giving the girl a hug.