[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

I accidentally see some kind members shared these work in progress videos in other forums 

Thought they are quite interesting, for you guys to tide over next few days till Wed

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Phim...1406815502586/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Phim...1193272190607/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Phim...1291018847499/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Phim...1329818843619/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Phim

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bluesky888 said:

I’m dying too to see how the wedding turn out. Must be a big wedding cause everyone is waiting without invitation!

Definitely based on the leak it's going to be awesome. Especially the overhead shot where everybody is chasing ZM the lone black dot out of wedding hall.  I think this version has a very solidly good production people and all the actors and actresses are surprisingly good, not just WJ-ZM-ZR even the side characters are also memorable.

Luckily the director cut down on the slow mo, that almost make me stop watching.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, graceeedwardmom said:

Geez, in our forum i just learnt that emei sect consisted of bully and bystander,  from top elite to junior disciples i mean such a dangerous environment yet nobody realize it until 'DARK ZZR" born.

1. Guo Xiang has such a bright personality and background. Emei image is always correlated to her. 

2. All women and girls exclusively in emei. Other sects might think they just cook, sing, sew, wash and clean everyday other than practising martial art.

3. Mie jue reminds me to some ISIS, Ku Klux Klan, Taliban, NAZI leaders who think nobody worth living in this world other than people who share the same POV as them

Lol I usually just think of Er Mei like a badly managed family company.

1st gen leader/founder is always the best since she did found Er Mei.

2nd gen leader is  usually the stabiliser to make everything go smoothly  and pretty much strengthening the core foundation of Er Mei.

3rd gen leader is usually where the true test always come for family owned company, usually they either squander the money thus weaken their position or they could stabilise it further and actually expand to new area.

So yeah I just think Mie Jue is a stubborn CEO that cannot change and adapt, might be simplistic but that's what I always think of her:P

Btw did the book or any of the TV version actually explain why Guo Xiang's sword only has Jiu Yin Bai Gu Zhang, rather than the full Jiu Yin manual? Because Guo Jing and Huang Rong should know that Jiu Yin Bai Gu Zhang can corrupt the practitioner it's always kind of weird that they gave their own daughter the manual that can actually corrupt her. Even Guo Xiang should also know that it is bad to practice it, why did she tell her disciple to use it to glorify Er Mei? And the full Jiu Yin manual is in the yellow lady hands so wouldn't she technically be the true heir?

• Like 1

Because the full manual is lengthy, requiring lots of work 

The one in sword is so call short cut version for emergency use. One should still learn the manual eventually 

ZZR did not have strong internal strength so she lose to the yellow dress maiden in the fight. The sword should also contain a map to peach blossom Island to the whereabouts of the full manual jiu yin zhen jing. But ZZR didn't have time to pursue it. 

Yellow dress maiden also have the full manual because her ancestor Yang Guo ever learnt Jiu yin zhen jing from Hong qi gong. Not only that, she also knows the other begger sect martial arts. Guo xiang did inform her disciple but ZZR chose the short cut method 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Lol I usually just think of Er Mei like a badly managed family company.

1st gen leader/founder is always the best since she did found Er Mei.

2nd gen leader is  usually the stabiliser to make everything go smoothly  and pretty much strengthening the core foundation of Er Mei.

3rd gen leader is usually where the true test always come for family owned company, usually they either squander the money thus weaken their position or they could stabilise it further and actually expand to new area.

So yeah I just think Mie Jue is a stubborn CEO that cannot change and adapt, might be simplistic but that's what I always think of her:P

Btw did the book or any of the TV version actually explain why Guo Xiang's sword only has Jiu Yin Bai Gu Zhang, rather than the full Jiu Yin manual? Because Guo Jing and Huang Rong should know that Jiu Yin Bai Gu Zhang can corrupt the practitioner it's always kind of weird that they gave their own daughter the manual that can actually corrupt her. Even Guo Xiang should also know that it is bad to practice it, why did she tell her disciple to use it to glorify Er Mei? And the full Jiu Yin manual is in the yellow lady hands so wouldn't she technically be the true heir?

Hahahha, badly managed company is Wudang. Emei is very dangerous the same level as harem fight in zhenhuan/ruyi/yanxi. Woman is one dangerous creature. 

I read somewhere that the sabre and sword contained the map of peach blossom island where the full 9yin manual and war manual kept hidden. ZZR just learnt the instant one same as Mei Chao Feng did before. Remember in LOCH, GJ and HR can only fully understand 9yin after visiting Yi Deng. There are parts with Sanskrit that even HR could not understand.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

Because the full manual is lengthy, requiring lots of work 

The one in sword is so call short cut version for emergency use. One should still learn the manual eventually 

ZZR did not have strong internal strength so she lose to the yellow dress maiden in the fight. The sword should also contain a map to peach blossom Island to the whereabouts of the full manual jiu yin zhen jing. But ZZR didn't have time to pursue it. 

Yellow dress maiden also have the full manual because her ancestor Yang Guo ever learnt Jiu yin zhen jing from Hong qi gong. Not only that, she also knows the other begger sect martial arts. Guo xiang did inform her disciple but ZZR chose the short cut method 

Oh ok, so Guo Xiang did inform her disciples

But still why didn't Guo Jing and Huang Rong just give Guo Xiang the full manual though? I mean as I remember it from ROCH, Guo Xiang was a talented martial artist, smart, compassionate and pretty much the opposite of her older sister, so I think she is a trustworthy person to have and learn the manual.

Is it just because they don't want another copy to exist outside of the peach blossom island?

7 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

But still why didn't Guo Jing and Huang Rong just give Guo Xiang the full manual though? I mean as I remember it from ROCH, Guo Xiang was a talented martial artist, smart, compassionate and pretty much the opposite of her older sister, so I think she is a trustworthy person to have and learn the manual.

Is it just because they don't want another copy to exist outside of the peach blossom island?

If i didn't remember wrongly, guo xiang actually also know Jiu yin zhen jing

19 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

I think Ancient Tomb got 9yin manual carved in the tomb wall. Remember in ROCH, WCY finally visited the tomb by himself to see LCY. But he was late because LCY had died. He finally see that LCY managed to create encounter moves for quanzhen styles. He admitted defeat and carve the 9yin manual at the tomb wall for her.  Correct me if i'm wrong i read this long time ago

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Guo xiang was faraway at that time. She kind of infatuated in YG and she wanted to spend the rest of her life in the tomb so she went searching for them 

20 minutes ago, graceeedwardmom said:

I think Ancient Tomb got 9yin manual carved in the tomb wall. Remember in ROCH, WCY finally visited the tomb by himself to see LCY. But he was late because LCY had died. He finally see that LCY managed to create encounter moves for quanzhen styles. He admitted defeat and carve the 9yin manual at the tomb wall for her.  Correct me if i'm wrong i read this long time ago

Oh yes you are right!! He learnt part of it from Tomb carving by WCY, i remember wrongly, the martial arts that YG learn from HQG is the begger sect dog beating stick (without the internal philosophy) 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

Oh yes you are right!! He learnt part of it from Tomb carving by WCY, i remember wrongly, the martial arts that YG learn from HQG is the begger sect dog beating stick (without the internal philosophy) 

Yes, the tomb carving was complete version you know. WCY got it from winning Hua Shan peak contest with the other 4. There was duel between HQG and OYF both died at the end and in his dying breath HQG gave the dog beating stick to YG

31 minutes ago, frostflower14 said:

I’m only up to episode 20 of this drama, but I read somewhere there’s an attempted rape scene involving Zhu Zhi Ruo? If this is true, this version of Heavenly Sword and Dragon Slaying Saber is certainly...different.

Not so important scene you know. Just some trigger scenes for SQS gone wild and do the sin that will launch 'DARK SQS' to the shaolin duel

30 minutes ago, graceeedwardmom said:

Yes, the tomb carving was complete version you know. WCY got it from winning Hua Shan peak contest with the other 4. There was duel between HQG and OYF both died at the end and in his dying breath HQG gave the dog beating stick to YG

Not so important scene you know. Just some trigger scenes for SQS gone wild and do the sin that will launch 'DARK SQS' to the shaolin duel

I am not sure but what i remember was he learnt part of it from the wall because i remember i saw the word 部分的

I got to go back to read again to double confirm 

I think HQG did not give YG the stick because the stick is with Huang rong as she was still the chief leader

But he taught YG the physical strokes without breaking the rules as he didn't impart the theory 

20 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

I am not sure but what i remember was he learnt part of it from the wall because i remember i saw the word 部分的

I got to go back to read again to double confirm 

I think HQG did not give YG the stick because the stick is with Huang rong as she was still the chief leader

But he taught YG the physical strokes without breaking the rules as he didn't impart the theory 

Yes, i also mean the theory only with no actual stick sorry my lack of typing

58 minutes ago, graceeedwardmom said:

Yes, i also mean the theory only with no actual stick sorry my lack of typing

Thanks for reminding me of the ancient tomb jiu yin zhen jing. I must find some time to reread the trilogy again 

Wednesday needs to come faster you guys! I can't wait to see more lovely dovely moments between WJ and ZM! When do we ever get a kiss between them? What about the scene when WJ has to save ZM from ZZR's kitten claws on the shoulder like in the previous versions? :wub::wub:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LaurenPanna said:

This MV is nicely done!! 

More or less cover every thing i want to see hehe 

For all the ZWJ-ZM fans to tide over till coming Wednesday 

Lovely! hehe. This basically shows there's a chemistry between WJ and ZM since the beginning they have met. The ways he treats her, looks at her, listens to her, and calling her differently because he respects her...He already carried her, grabbed her hairpin, and touched her feet...lol...

18 hours ago, LaurenPanna said:

This MV is nicely done!! 

More or less cover every thing i want to see hehe 

For all the ZWJ-ZM fans to tide over till coming Wednesday 

Thanks for this!  It's so cute... I'm not into the music, but I do love the scenes they picked.  The one that struck me here is ZWJ looking so vulnerable and adorably saying "In front of you... I feel like I know nothing." 

EXACTLY! ;)