[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

3 hours ago, Sooyun Ahgase said:

I feel like WJ still has a choice not to run after ZM's showing his god-father hair, he can still wait after the wedding finish and then look for ZM again about the news, but, if following by the previous versions, he still runs after because it's a chance for him to escape the wedding. ZM's arrival helping him a way out to follow his love. One side, he truly cares about his god-father, but another one is that ZM. :D It's like perfect timing, thankful to ZM. :D

Personally I think based on this version anyway, I think WJ will have no other choice but to stop the wedding since ZM will make it so.

My wild guess is ZM will make the 2nd request that WJ can never marry ZR ever and then she will also show him the hair as proof that she is the only one that knows where XX is. ZM probably say XX is trapped/captured/in danger so they have to go now to save him. If WJ don't follow her now it will be too late or she could just refuse to tell him the location since he broke her 2nd request. This is my wild guess anyway might be totally wrong.

And ZM 2nd request now that I'm older and think about it is actually quite brilliant. I always thought ZM was jealous of ZR and she was just being petty, but in this version I feel like this is just to make sure that in the future even if WJ still don't want to be together with her at least nobody can force WJ to marry ZR anymore, WJ can always use that as an excuse. ZM is 100% sure ZR is the culprit in snake island, even if WJ still cannot accept it yet, I guess in her own way she try to protect WJ since if he go along with the marriage and one day ZR tell him the truth or WJ found out the truth it will hurt him so badly he might just kill himself like his dad. ZM knows WJ would never kill ZR for that act since WJ just hate killing for personal reason even if he is probably justify to kill ZR.

WJ does love ZM but at this point(eps. 42) I don't think it will make him pick a fight with his family and sect over it. WJ still put his duty above all else for the moment. Like other posters say ZM and WJ just pick the worst time to fall in love with each other. That's why WJ try to keep pushing ZM away because the farther she is the easier it is to control his feelings. You can see when they were together in eps 38 and 39, even though ZM keep telling him to go away he keep chasing after her and kind of forgot his fiancee and godfather are gone. I mean he does assume that they just went out, but really shouldn't WJ be more suspicious that there's no message at all about where they're going? But because there's ZM and they're fighting I don't think WJ is thinking clearly. After he got the info about ZR capture, then he started thinking about his duty, he started to push her away again.

That's why ZM need XX's hair to stop the wedding because WJ always put his godfather above all else, just asking him with the 2nd request will not be enough

• Like 2

1 hour ago, quynie said:

So when do you guys think that WJ fell in love with ZM?

- at the manor (after he tickle her feet)?

- at the hot pot restaurant (their first date)?

- at the Snake Island (first trip together)?

- after she crashed the wedding?

For me personally, when they finish arguing about the bite that ZM gives to WJ and ZM pour the water to clean the bite mark. Feels like Joseph Zheng's(did I get his name right?lol) acting as WJ is a bit different when he talks to ZM afterwards, I don't know what exactly though :blush: just my personal feeling

21 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

For me personally, when they finish arguing about the bite that ZM gives to WJ and ZM pour the water to clean the bite mark. Feels like Joseph Zheng's(did I get his name right?lol) acting as WJ is a bit different when he talks to ZM afterwards, I don't know what exactly though :blush: just my personal feeling

I personally think it was the first time ZM showed herself and WJ asked someone who she is afterward...the love at first sight! :D His eyes were so huge...frozenly stared... :P 

• Like 1

Just finish re-watching episode 42. Such a good episode for ZM/ZWJ. 

I even pity ZZR: 

- her fiance was dining with the other woman while she made waiting for him

- he made diner for the other woman (and never did that for her)

- when she caught them together, he didn't even chased after her

- he doubt her words when she said that the culprit is ZM

- he let that woman insulted her in front of the Ming sect

- he let her cancel their engagement without fighting

- he go to look for the other woman, first thing on the next morning

- he only went to apologize because his grandfather went with him

- the grandfather was the one who pushed the wedding

- the night before the wedding he was thinking about someone else

- (he left her at the alter in front of everyone)

Oh btw, I had a little question. Why did ZWJ saved ZM from the beggar clan and left ZRZ there? He could have save both of them I think. I mean I can understand why ZRZ was angry later on because his leader left him to save the Mongol princess.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, quynie said:

I even pity ZZR: 

Oh btw, I had a little question. Why did ZWJ saved ZM from the beggar clan and left ZRZ there? He could have save both of them I think. I mean I can understand why ZRZ was angry later on because his leader left him to save the Mongol princess.

At that time he did not know that ZZR was also caught by Begger sect.

And he only save ZM instead of saving Zhu yuan ZHang. And ZYZ was quite offended

but i guess he did not have enough time.

LOL my husband was jokingly say: SEE he only care for woman

• LOL 2

8 hours ago, Yitian_fan said:

Also I'm with the portion of you guys who wants this to drag on one more week because... who can imagine life after HSDS?!

Still working my way through Friday's episodes, but adding to the fan-produced media to help tide us over to Wed:  So many of us have been aching our hearts over ZWJ's apparently happiness over marrying ZZR and here's my take on how/why (constructive feedback always welcome!)-

https://archiveofourown.org/works/18228215/chapters/43542332#workskin

Yes ! i keep thinking What should i do after HSDS? Continue to watch the old episodes but skip to ZWJ and ZM parts? i think i will feel very lost after the last episode

Nice work you have there !!!!

1 hour ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Personally I think based on this version anyway, I think WJ will have no other choice but to stop the wedding since ZM will make it so.

My wild guess is ZM will make the 2nd request that WJ can never marry ZR ever and then she will also show him the hair as proof that she is the only one that knows where XX is. ZM probably say XX is trapped/captured/in danger so they have to go now to save him. If WJ don't follow her now it will be too late or she could just refuse to tell him the location since he broke her 2nd request. This is my wild guess anyway might be totally wrong.

And ZM 2nd request now that I'm older and think about it is actually quite brilliant. I always thought ZM was jealous of ZR and she was just being petty, but in this version I feel like this is just to make sure that in the future even if WJ still don't want to be together with her at least nobody can force WJ to marry ZR anymore, WJ can always use that as an excuse. ZM is 100% sure ZR is the culprit in snake island, even if WJ still cannot accept it yet, I guess in her own way she try to protect WJ since if he go along with the marriage and one day ZR tell him the truth or WJ found out the truth it will hurt him so badly he might just kill himself like his dad. ZM knows WJ would never kill ZR for that act since WJ just hate killing for personal reason even if he is probably justify to kill ZR.

WJ does love ZM but at this point(eps. 42) I don't think it will make him pick a fight with his family and sect over it. WJ still put his duty above all else for the moment. Like other posters say ZM and WJ just pick the worst time to fall in love with each other. That's why WJ try to keep pushing ZM away because the farther she is the easier it is to control his feelings. You can see when they were together in eps 38 and 39, even though ZM keep telling him to go away he keep chasing after her and kind of forgot his fiancee and godfather are gone. I mean he does assume that they just went out, but really shouldn't WJ be more suspicious that there's no message at all about where they're going? But because there's ZM and they're fighting I don't think WJ is thinking clearly. After he got the info about ZR capture, then he started thinking about his duty, he started to push her away again.

That's why ZM need XX's hair to stop the wedding because WJ always put his godfather above all else, just asking him with the 2nd request will not be enough

Indeed ! I feel like even if ZM did not express it. Her love for ZWJ is very noble. It is like i only want him to be happy and not be regretful of everything he has done. Even if he is not going to be with me eventually, as long as he is happy and not be burdened by the decision he make

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

At that time he did not know that ZZR was also caught by Begger sect.

And he only save ZM instead of saving Zhu yuan ZHang. And ZYZ was quite offended

but i guess he did not have enough time.

LOL my husband was jokingly say: SEE he only care for woman

Oh my mistake, i mean Zhu Yuan Zhang ( i thought it was Zhu Ruan Zhang) not Zhu Zhi Ruo. 

Another question: Why JHPP forced XZ to be the next Sheng Nu? Couldn't she sacrificed herself instead? Is she that selfish that she rather let her daughter being unhappy for the rest of her life?

27 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

Yes ! i keep thinking What should i do after HSDS? Continue to watch the old episodes but skip to ZWJ and ZM parts? i think i will feel very lost after the last episode

Nice work you have there !!!!

Same here.... I hope they make fan meet or press conference. We need some extra dosage of yukee and joseph.

9 minutes ago, quynie said:

@graceeedwardmom The Persians were hunting her down to kill her. Why didn't she let herself being killed to save everyone instead of forcing XZ to be the sacred maiden.

Because XZ sacrifice to save her mum and the rest. Even if her mum died, the Persians might not let the rest off too. She manage to get the qian kun da nuo yi (which was the task assigned to her mum). So she kinda like make up for her mum mistake and help her mum complete that task for ming sect headquarters 

22 minutes ago, quynie said:

@graceeedwardmom The Persians were hunting her down to kill her. Why didn't she let herself being killed to save everyone instead of forcing XZ to be the sacred maiden.

She already had let herself to be killed. Too bad, ZWJ and XZ show up to save her and calling her 'mom' loudly in front of everyone. She got no choice but to be saved. She thought she could be free but the persians found their hidings and decided just exterminate them all for good. 

1 hour ago, Sooyun Ahgase said:

I personally think it was the first time ZM showed herself and WJ asked someone who she is afterward...the love at first sight! :D His eyes were so huge...frozenly stared... :P 

Love your answer. He just stunned there just like when ZCS and YSS met for the first time on a boat. After tricked and trapped by the Zhus i think ZWJ just remain abstain and ambigous about his love life. He just want to 'friend/sister-zoned' every girl in his life and hiding by the reason to overthrow the Yuan dynasty. 

It's great that our girl ZM kept pushing forward and cornered him to think about his feelings. 

3 hours ago, LaurenPanna said:

Look!! 

Someone in weibo shared personally made gifs on how ZWJ protects wife lol

Look at his eyes!! And do wait for the gifs to load and move 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4358484139156098

These are to DIE for!  My favorites

1. When he protects her from Ying Yewang (his uncle) his face is soooo panicked!

2. When he grabs her while they were sneaking a peek at Ermei (so unthinking!)

3. The Snake island jump when she almost collapses- he's so focused on her he seems to go crossed-eye! Adorable!

So nice to have something to tide over the angst... Thanks LaurenPanna! (But someone give me an insulin shot before I keel over with the sugar-rush! :wub:  )

1 hour ago, Yitian_fan said:

These are to DIE for!  My favorites

1. When he protects her from Ying Yewang (his uncle) his face is soooo panicked!

2. When he grabs her while they were sneaking a peek at Ermei (so unthinking!)

3. The Snake island jump when she almost collapses- he's so focused on her he seems to go crossed-eye! Adorable!

So nice to have something to tide over the angst... Thanks LaurenPanna! (But someone give me an insulin shot before I keel over with the sugar-rush! :wub:  )

Yeah man i keep looking at it repeatedly and is overloaded with sugar in me now. But well its just 2 more days to count down. Weekdays are very exciting these days haha

More Gifs!! With my favourite cold sweat hold hands scene. :p

Keep Calm, eat less sugar and wait for Wednesday. 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4358875123770716

Below Gifs link demonstrate the difference of ZWJ eyes and expression towards ZZR VS ZM

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4357667953171769

Credit to this creator, Yi Ge Fong Zi

11 hours ago, quynie said:

I even pity ZZR: 

He made diner for the other woman (and never did that for her)  The special is he add  medicine in the foods to help ZM to recovery faster. This is special for ZM ONLY.

i don't remember the passed version that ZWJ ever make meal and deliver to ZM room and have conversation with her. 

Watching preview from. Ep 47, Yukee acted really well in conveying her sadness.  It's like you can feel the heavy burden that she has to shoulder, and she  really convey the tiredness that she must have endured there. Facing conflicting desire to protect her man or her family. :tears:

I really like that this version also portrayed ZM in her weakest moments.  She's a strong and smart lady but she's  also a young girl, a human with heart and feeling.  Of course,  I am super glad she didnt resort to the extreme emo tactics or blamed everyone and everything  everytime things didnt go as she wanted :sweatingbullets:

She cried a few,  she might even feel defeated especially when she was facing the execution, all alone. 

But for me,  in that moment of weakneses,  her inner strength actually shines. Even when she has to take few step backwards, she never really gave up what she know her heart wants..she eventually push back and take steps forward again. This version of ZM for me has more feeling and warmth. So far,  this ZM shot up to the top of my favorite ZM. HSDS has been remade for so many times, and I personally felt this version of ZM is like a breath of fresh air. That's a strong girl. She can fall down and feel defeated,  but the real strength is to come back up for another rounds of fight :glasses:, until she knows it's time for her to throw in the towel and let go. I like!  :wub:

Maybe it's just me but I feel the Members of Ming clan in this version seem to be much more ruthless. For example,  Fan Yao,  even though he has been with ZM for 10 years, practically watching her grow up,  is even more than ready to use ZM. I guess the divergence between the way WJ think and Ming members start to get wider and wider. 

I also quite like the actor who play RYW. He has the aura of a military general.  His first apperance during Fanyao flashback was very formidable.

No dialogue but his swift action against the man who wanted to kill him make him look really formidable there. 

One thing I notice when ZM goaded WJ to chase after ZZR when the latter found out that he was with ZM in ep 41?(42?). His face was as if the truth finally hit him: he will never see ZM again.  It's like he's shocked, hurt  and dissapointed that ZM kept goading her and pushing him away. Like "no,  not you too" type of thing. Sorry,  I might read into it too much hahaha:sweatingbullets:

Cannot wait for the remaining episodes.  Seem like will be angst-filled, but I am all in if it's executed well. 

Peace all:blush:

• Like 5