[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, caranita said:

It's true that it's considered more prestigious airing on TV channel, especially Hunan or maybe CCTV. But TV drama ratings in general are dwindling. Most can count themselves lucky if they get past 1%. Stricter censors have made web dramas more appealing, because the regulations are relatively loose, though it may not be the case anymore. Even web dramas have lower viewership compared to a few years ago. Last year, for instance, the highest view number is 18 billions for Yanxi Palace. It was only a few years ago when dramas could reach as high as 40s billions views (Princess Agents, Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms). Zhao Liying was the hottest name because the combined number of her dramas in 3 or 4 consecutive years is around 100 billions. On the other hand, Jin Yong adaptations, because of the constant remakes, often suffer in viewership (although it doesn't stop people from remaking, LOL) and douban rating in recent years. LOCH 2017 was actually a breath of fresh air and considered an awakening of wuxia series quality wise (hence the douban rating of 7.9 to 8.0). I honestly don't know how many web view counts it had, but its TV rating never reached 1%. However, I dare say that 5 billions for a wuxia drama at this age is very decent. Ever Night was considered quite successful getting 5 billions views last year, and it has 60 episodes. So by view count per episode alone, HSDS is relatively more successful in this genre.

That's interesting, I always thought some series went to web to air is because TV slot is full or they're targeting younger audiences not because of regulations. Damn I guess HSDS is killing it, hope it could really pass through 5 billion views.

26 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

ZWJ. Omg you became so wise in the trailer! 

And woah tonight episode!! Weibo fans went insane with joy. Also, the way he

Hide contents

kiss

tells me he hasn’t done it too many times. It is very cute in a youthful kind of way.

I thought he was actually pretty good, on the other hand... Yuqee don't pull a Park Shin Hye please! :sweatingbullets: (psh doesn't ever move her lips)

2 hours ago, hamaji said:

SPOILER

Hide contents

MBYUvcw.jpg

OMG,.... We need MORE MORE MORE.... :tounge_xd:

I've been desperately waiting for the kiss.. finally come one Min Min suffered so much. 

Thank god, ZWJ initiates the kiss. Our princess is surely very good in touching and grabbing but lip kiss oh boy let the man lead on...

Tomorrow night is shaolin duel and ZZR confession to the crime. SQS might be ended up dead but we don't know if the director has other plan

• Like 3

YES! Finally :lol:

Yes thank god ZWJ initiate the kiss. My god Min Min already bare out everything if he still doesn't kiss her I'll probably hit him on the head myself :rolleyes:

Dictator ZZR is here yay!:w00t: she's going to be more fun now.

And she finally smackdown 大师姐 good for her lol.

Can't wait for next eps hopefully there's more ZM-WJ sweetness:blush:

• Like 2

ZM truly understand WJ. She sacrificed so much for him so that he can find quickly found XX. Instead of hindering him,  she

Spoiler

Kept pushing herself despite her injuries so they can save xx as quickly as possible. :wub:

Really love when she muse about the possible future for them,  where they can 

Spoiler

Just drop everything. They are truly similar. If not before,  He has definitely fallen then and there,  hook and sinker:wub:.

and the usually mellow and passive WJ in front of girls (well perhaps excpet in front of ZM lol) even initiated their kiss.  Guess he is overwhelmed with his feeling toward her too lol:D

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cancergirl87 said:

A fun naration of almost all 倚天屠龙记 versions

PS: in my opinion, 1994 version really had some nice OSTs compared to the other versions.

1994 has the worst ZWJ and ZM though in my opinion, no OST will save that even if it's a masterpiece. Watch it once when it was on TV, ZWJ and ZM was so over the top I noped out of there immediately. If ZZR wants to kill both of them in that version I actually approve:lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

11 minutes ago, chipz03 said:

ZM truly understand WJ. She sacrificed so much for him so that he can find quickly found XX. Instead of hindering him,  she

Reveal hidden contents

Kept pushing herself despite her injuries so they can save xx as quickly as possible. :wub:

Really love when she muse about the possible future for them,  where they can 

Reveal hidden contents

Just drop everything. They are truly similar. If not before,  He has definitely fallen then and there,  hook and sinker:wub:.

and the usually mellow and passive WJ in front of girls (well perhaps excpet in front of ZM lol) even initiated their kiss.  Guess he is overwhelmed with his feeling toward her too lol:D

Well she only have only have death either way might as well make one last big bet and she could get everything. And she did!!:love: so happy!! I need more WJ-ZM goodness damn it! Those 2 eps are not enough!!:bawling: