[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

2 hours ago, bluesky888 said:

Did anyone know in the preview of esp 48. What happen to ZM. Look like she is missing and WJ is looking hot her. Share your thoughts 

2 hours ago, LaurenPanna said:

My guess is She left to negotiate with RYW (her father) - which is why there is a scene in MV that show her wearing the same Red male Suit and was stabbed and bled badly.

Just my guess hahahah can't wait to see WJ's heartpain look and try to save her there

When ZM and XX are talking seems like XX is asking her what she's planning to do

XX: Young lady have you decided what to do? Why are you so quiet? All the wulin people already agree to set you free, however their resentment still linger inside. Even if you stay here it will not be beneficial

ZM: Father-in-law, at the time everybody said that Ming sect is an unorthodox sect that has to be eliminated quickly, what do you think? Is it beneath oneself to explain one's own path or is it because we want everybody to understand by constantly trying to resolve misunderstanding or maybe we should turn around and hide. Give up our own hearts' desire. Father-in-law at that time when you plead to me I was moved that's why I did not say anything. But now since you already become a monk even your hatred towards Cheng Kun that murdered all 13 people of your family you can let go. Then why? why can't you let go of this trifling worldly issue? Why can't you give Wu Ji his desired life and freedom

XX: Young lady, I love Wu Ji dearly and worry about him that might be a bit unfair to you.

ZM: Father-in-law, you love Wu Ji, I also love him, but what he wants is not to become a king but to be with me traveling the world. You love him that much, don't you wish that he can live a peaceful and happy life?

XX: Young lady, no wonder Wu Ji's only has you in his heart. I retract my previous foolish words

The bolded part feels like I'm missing some context or I have mistranslated the sentences. I would also assume she went to go to RYW but the preview feels like XX is asking ZM to do something else. She'll still get stabbed though

Can I ask why did she call XX with honorific father in law in the preview?  i am not really familiar with the honorifics that are used in the wuxia series or in historical stories. 

Thank you in advance 

13 minutes ago, chipz03 said:

Can I ask why did she call XX with honorific father in law in the preview?  i am not really familiar with the honorifics that are used in the wuxia series or in historical stories. 

Thank you in advance 

I'm just being liberal about my translation there :P

老爷子 could mean Honorable Sir or Father-in-law. Since by this time I think XX already approve of ZM with WJ. If it were during snake island I'll use Sir not father-in-law

1 hour ago, hamaji said:

RhW5vNA.jpg

Source: weibo

Oh no they are changing that part too??!

in the original ZM stole the books from ZZR and afterward ZWJ kissed her for it.

The director is truely changing everything here. I don’t think I like that. I truely feel that the fact ZZR didn’t truely feel sorry in the original and the fact she and ZM continue to outwit each other is a critical part of their character. 

For ZZR to hand over the book herself is very unsatisfying. 

i love the ZMxZWJ in this version but i think the changes they are making to the ending are destroying the characterization. :( 

@LaurenPanna I don’t know... logically what you said is right but... given how they made Ming guy’s are lot more devious in this version I now think it’s possible someone from Ming stabbed her to get rid of her. 

@kur4p1k4 I think I would translate that bolded section as: ZM: Father-in-law, back when everyone said Ming sect is an unorthodox sect that must be eliminated, how did you think? Did you stay silent because it was above you to explain yourself? Or did you keep explaining yourself so that others may understand your choice? Or did you turn around and hide and completely giving up on your dreams and beliefs? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

in the original ZM stole the books from ZZR and afterward ZWJ kissed her for it.

The director is truely changing everything here. I don’t think I like that. I truely feel that the fact ZZR didn’t truely feel sorry in the original and the fact she and ZM continue to outwit each other is a critical part of their character. 

i love the ZMxZWJ in this version but i think the changes they are making to the ending are destroying the characterization. :( 

In the 86', zzr also gave the book to zwj. I forgot about other version tho for i only rewatch 86' version recently.

1 hour ago, arcchidus said:

@kur4p1k4 I think I would translate that bolded section as: ZM: Father-in-law, back when everyone said Ming sect is an unorthodox sect that must be eliminated, how did you think? Did you stay silent because it was above you to explain yourself? Or did you keep explaining yourself so that others may understand your choice? Or did you turn around and hide and completely giving up on your dreams and beliefs?

Yes! Thanks! that makes more sense.

2 hours ago, arcchidus said:

@LaurenPanna I don’t know... logically what you said is right but... given how they made Ming guy’s are lot more devious in this version I now think it’s possible someone from Ming stabbed her to get rid of her. 

I think ever since episode 30, i kinda like give up worrying about why they change most of the last part of the novel. :(

Seems like they wish to emphasise that zzr mend her ways :(:(

4 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

I think even since episode 30, i kinda like give up worrying about why they change most of the last part of the novel. :(

Seems like they wish to emphasise that zzr mend her ways :(:(

I just think there are better ways to dial up the cross star element to 11 than what they are doing here. There’s never been a version where ZM suffer this much.

I just hope if Ming wronged ZM then ZWJ will at least let his displeasure known before he leaves to chase after ZM. I think I saw a very quick second of ZWJ slicing the throne in half somewhere so maybe he will eventually be a man about it. 

31 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

I just think there are better ways to dial up the cross star element to 11 than what they are doing here. There’s never been a version where ZM suffer this much.

I just hope if Ming wronged ZM then ZWJ will at least let his displeasure known before he leaves to chase after ZM. I think I saw a very quick second of ZWJ slicing the throne in half somewhere so maybe he will eventually be a man about it. 

Oh if you think there's never been a version where ZM suffer this much, i would definitely refer back to te 1994. That version was crazy. This is the tame version of the 1994 version since its the same writer. You can tell he toned it down compared to back then where he was able to get a away with a lot of stuff when the internet comments wasnt a big thing back then.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dramagirlslove said:

Oh if you think there's never been a version where ZM suffer this much, i would definitely refer back to te 1994. That version was crazy. This is the tame version of the 1994 version since its the same writer. You can tell he toned it down compared to back then where he was able to get a away with a lot of stuff when the internet comments wasnt a big thing back then.

Omg, that version. I just can't. It's like the word "OVER" written in every scenes. Overacting, overcrying, overdrama over everything. That's why i was like worried this version have the same writer but so far, so good. There is some changes here and there specially last couple episodes, but they make ZM so great. My fave of course ep 42. I hope they can keep this kind of ZM until last episode.

When I was scrolling though internet (i think it's either weibo or ig.  Not quite sure at this moment :sweatingbullets:Credit to whoever post this),  someone mentioned that ZZR told WJ something about cooking for the person you love,  and then afterward (?) there's scene that WJ brough food for ZM that he personaly cooked. I found this very sweet to emphasize his feeling toward ZM that he personally cooked nice food for her.  Guess he will be the one who cooks better food than ZM when they are married :lol:

Yeah,  I also read that the writers also involved in 94 version, and they seem to be quite fond of the characters ZZR, if I am not mistaken?  I don't really follow the 94 version :sweatingbullets:.  Luckily so far,  they haven't overdone this version :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1

If the following spoiler is real (got it from weibo) then I am pretty sure there will be lots of internet rage 

So apparently, ZWJ and ZM went and had a peaceful talk with ZM’s father at one point and then Ming’s future emperor shot ZM’s father dead in front of ZM. ZM tried to avenge her father but was stopped by ZWJ.

Then ZM returned WJ’s gift (aka breakup) and angrily left for Mongolia. 

WJ eventually left behind everything in search for her and years later he finally found her again and they got back together.

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, insertusernamehere said:

I think it's added. After XX's arc in Shaolin he didn't appear in the story again. In that scene he wore monk clothes, and all the fighting at Shaolin must have concluded otherwise they wouldn't be sitting in a room like that, talking.

Thanks @insertusernamehere - I can tell that scene is after the lion-slaying event and XX has become a Shaolin disciple. I just couldn't remember ZM having a conversation with XX after that. Only WJ. Either way, I am glad this version has ZM receive an apology from XX in some way. She has said that she doesn't care what others think about her - only WJ, but I'm sure it's nice to finally have someone who means so much to WJ to finally understand her heart.

Now I wonder if the cave scene will happen in this version where XX tells WJ to go look at his drawings/carvings there and then WJ will understand what happened on Snake Island. If ZR admits to everything to WJ beforehand, then my guess is the this scene will not be in it.