[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

I have been stalking this thread for a while. HSDS my favorite novels from Jin Yong.

I really like this adaptation, one of the best so far (on par with HSDS1986).  I just can't wait for this week episodes and the wedding part.

For those of you who think that ZWJ smile during the wedding, I believe that it is normal for him to be happy on his wedding day. Even if he doesn't love ZZR, he wasn't forced to wed her. At that point, she was the best match for him.

But here is the extract in the novel of his feeling after ZM crash the wedding. 

“Today I disrupted your wedding, are you blaming me?”

Without knowing the reason, right at this moment Zhang Wuji felt happy and content. Other than his concern over Xie Xun’s safety, he was even more happy and content than when he was going to bow to the Heaven and the Earth with Zhou Zhiruo. But why he felt like that, he could not explain. However, he could not admit that he was happy because Zhao Min had disrupted his wedding ceremony; therefore, he said, “Of course I blame you. Next time, when you and that elegant hero who will become the ‘jun ma ye’ [princess’ husband] are bowing to the Heaven and the Earth, I will also come and create a great disturbance; I will not let you be the new bride peacefully and easily.”

https://wuxiasociety.com/the-heaven-sword-and-the-dragon-sabre-chapter-34/13/

I'm actually re-reading some part of the novel and there are a lot of hint that the one he actually love is ZM. I hope this adaptation will includes those scenes. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, bluesky888 said:

ZM just like his mom and maybe that why ZWJ love ZM.

It's funny because ZWJ's godfather made a comment about how much ZM reminded him of ZWJ's mother and wondered about her family status. I felt like he wanted to play matchmaker with ZM and ZWJ like he did with his parents but then ZZR told him she was a Mongolian princess and his faced suddenly changed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yitian_fan said:

Ok, I'm going agree to disagree with you all. I still think that Wuji sent mixed signals at some point and never corrected himself to ZZR. Changing his mind is great (I want him to!) but signaling was not clear (ZZR isn't expected to "get a hint" just looking at him look at ZM!)  And I get it that there's a lot keeping him from expressing himself to Zhaomin... so much is at stake between country and godfather and Ming Sect!   I get all that, but still think he could have handled ZZR better!

However I'm fully agreed that Joseph exchanges beautifully intense looks with ZM!  My favorite is the teasing while they were watching the Er Mei group.  Its a mix of amazed, shy, attracted and totally unsure what to do about it (vulnerable but wonderful) that I love. :)

Thanks for all the picts everyone- Joseph's facial expressions are so expressive! :)  (Someone send me a tutorial I'd like to post some picts too I found of ZWJ/ZM!)

@Hamaji, do we know when ZWJ walks in openly to the Ming Sect holding ZM's hand?  He looks so happy there. :)

More random c-fandom tidbits

1. Questioning why WJ would believe ZM could set off on the boat when she can't even push it off the beach

2. Asking why ZM would bring up ZZR's deeds infront of everyone when she isn't confident of proving it (or sure of winning)

3. Noted the scene of the fruits Ildiz you just posted and commented that the fruits are clearly green and sour, but ZWJ claims it's sweet and ZM smiles when she eats it... because they're not eating fruits, they're tasting love! ;)

Hmm. I dont know. Because if I rewatch, I'm not sure if all those ZWJ/ZZR were actually romantic. The slow motions indicated it as such, but now after all the girls have been introduced, he treats them the same way he treated ZZR, with the usual exceptions for ZM.....I'm not sure if ZWJ thought of it as romantic, on ZZR's part for sure, but not sure on his part. He's very serious when saving her life, but that shouldnt mean he gave her mixed signals. He's just trying to save her life.

• Like 2

I have this question if someone can answer for me.  So the reason ZZR kill YL was it because she wake up during ZZR committing her crime.  I don't think ZZR need to drug YL since she was already badly injury but somehow she awake at the wrong time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yitian_fan said:

do we know when ZWJ walks in openly to the Ming Sect holding ZM's hand?  He looks so happy there. :)

More random c-fandom tidbits

1. Questioning why WJ would believe ZM could set off on the boat when she can't even push it off the beach

2. Asking why ZM would bring up ZZR's deeds infront of everyone when she isn't confident of proving it (or sure of winning)

3. Noted the scene of the fruits Ildiz you just posted and commented that the fruits are clearly green and sour, but ZWJ claims it's sweet and ZM smiles when she eats it... because they're not eating fruits, they're tasting love! ;)

That scene is probably when he's going with them to Shaolin to save XX.

Looool re number 1 &3. Number 2 - agree!! In the novel and 2009 version, WJ asked ZM she seemed to know already that ZZR was the culprit, why didn't she tell him. ZM said WJ wouldn't believe her anyway if she told him, which makes a lot of sense. I think this version made a mistake in having her fight with ZZR on this. 

9 minutes ago, insertusernamehere said:

Looool re number 1 &3. Number 2 - agree!! In the novel and 2009 version, WJ asked ZM she seemed to know already that ZZR was the culprit, why didn't she tell him. ZM said WJ wouldn't believe her anyway if she told him, which makes a lot of sense. I think this version made a mistake in having her fight with ZZR on this. 

I agree with you on this. They should have made ZM prove this elegantly other than just confronting ZZR in front of everyone. I post before i got Qiong Yao vibes from the preview. I just hope they can make good context out of this scene otherwise it will ruin what they built up ZM character from the beginning. i mean, ZZR will not confess the crime publicly, it will damage the so called REPUTATION she regards highly so much from the beginning. 

16 minutes ago, insertusernamehere said:

True. There was no proof. No one would have believed her. Maybe it was in the heat of the moment since she did have an revelation moment about ZZR's ring on the spot. This happened in the 1994 version as well, not to mention the fact that the 1994 version had it set up so that everyone from the Ming Sect knew that ZZR was the culprit except ZWJ but didnt tell him b/c they did not want him to end up with ZM for obvious political reasons. Curious to see if this version will be the same since it's the same writer.

11 minutes ago, dramagirlslove said:

True. There was no proof. No one would have believed her. Maybe it was in the heat of the moment since she did have an revelation moment about ZZR's ring on the spot. This happened in the 1994 version as well, not to mention the fact that the 1994 version had it set up so that everyone from the Ming Sect knew that ZZR was the culprit except ZWJ but didnt tell him b/c they did not want him to end up with ZM for obvious political reasons. Curious to see if this version will be the same since it's the same writer.

Yeah, I didn’t like the fact that they put this scene in also, since It sorta defeated the purpose of her being smart and it did put ZWJ in a difficult situation. I hope they direct it in a way to make the Ming Sect knew as you mentioned above to portray how they disapprove of ZM and ZWJ being together for political reason. I do have a feeling that they take this script down the political route, from the beach scene and the lake scene when ZWJ rejecting ZM and the fact that they made ZM father die at the end and ZM pointing sword at ZWJ forehead. It’s another heartache for them before they are able to be with each other.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sooyun Ahgase said:

I have caught up to ep 36, so should be ok? :D Wednesday needs to hurry up. 

Then we are all same. It's just that people here are impatient so we also predict and analyze the preview. Hehehe, so hungry of ZM ZWJ.

Again can we get the kiss? I understand for GJ and HR story but this is mature love. I can see the passion in ZWJ eyes when talking under the moonlight with ZM before interrupted by XZ.

• Like 4

Just now, graceeedwardmom said:

Then we are all same. It's just that people here are impatient so we also predict and analyze the preview. Hehehe, so hungry of ZM ZWJ

oh wowo! lol! I can't wait to see more of their love (ZM and ZWJ). I've been watching the old versions to kill time. :bawling: Searching for any spoiler besides from the previews too! such a torture!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, graceeedwardmom said:

Then we are all same. It's just that people here are impatient so we also predict and analyze the preview. Hehehe, so hungry of ZM ZWJ.

Again can we get the kiss? I understand for GJ and HR story but this is mature love. I can see the passion in ZWJ eyes when talking under the moonlight with ZM before interrupted by XZ.

What ep was it when they were talking under the moonlight? I may have missed it. 

1 hour ago, graceeedwardmom said:

I agree with you on this. They should have made ZM prove this elegantly other than just confronting ZZR in front of everyone. I post before i got Qiong Yao vibes from the preview. I just hope they can make good context out of this scene otherwise it will ruin what they built up ZM character from the beginning. i mean, ZZR will not confess the crime publicly, it will damage the so called REPUTATION she regards highly so much from the beginning. 

I agree with you. Some of the added scenes doesn't make sense with ZM character. ZM is supposed t be smarter than that. The ZM that I know won't confront ZZR if she didn't have all the proofs to make the other believe her. Another scene that I don't understand  is when she ask ZWJ if he likes her in front of his XX. I mean, she know that XX doesn't like her, why can't she wait to ask ZWJ privately?

From the previews, here is my guess about what will happen next

Spoiler

Ep 37: ZWJ, XX and ZZR are back and ZWJ will spy on the beggar clan reunion

Ep 38: ZWJ met ZM and couldn't kill her, he bring her back to meet XX and ZZR, XX and ZZR are kidnapped

Ep 39: ZWJ is accused of killing his uncle and he and ZM will investigated the crime

EP 40: ZWJ is going back to Wu Dang, he will find who murder 7th uncle, ZM is back in the capital

EP 41: ZWJ and ZM met at the hot-pot, this is when ZM kiss ZWJ on the cheek in the trailer, ZZR will caught them and try to suicide? which force ZWJ to wed her

EP 42: Wedding day

am I missing anything?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, quynie said:

I agree with you. Some of the added scenes doesn't make sense with ZM character. ZM is supposed t be smarter than that. The ZM that I know won't confront ZZR if she didn't have all the proofs to make the other believe her. Another scene that I don't understand  is when she ask ZWJ if he likes her in front of his XX. I mean, she know that XX doesn't like her, why can't she wait to ask ZWJ privately?

From the previews, here is my guess about what will happen next

Hide contents

Ep 37: ZWJ, XX and ZZR are back and ZWJ will spy on the beggar clan reunion

Ep 38: ZWJ met ZM and couldn't kill her, he bring her back to meet XX and ZZR, XX and ZZR are kidnapped

Ep 39: ZWJ is accused of killing his uncle and he and ZM will investigated the crime

EP 40: ZWJ is going back to Wu Dang, he will find who murder 7th uncle, ZM is back in the capital

EP 41: ZWJ and ZM met at the hot-pot, this is when ZM kiss ZWJ on the cheek in the trailer, ZZR will caught them and try to suicide? which force ZWJ to wed her

EP 42: Wedding day

am I missing anything?

wah! so excited to see what's actually happening. I'm sure wedding day will be ruined since that's the story line, but still hates how ZWJ almost marries to ZZR. 

46 minutes ago, Sooyun Ahgase said:

oh man! did I miss that part too? :bawling:

53 minutes ago, AppleBanana said:

What ep was it when they were talking under the moonlight? I may have missed it. 

It is probably in episode 30 or 31, the scene in which ZWJ have to call ZM "good sister".

4 minutes ago, Sooyun Ahgase said:

wah! so excited to see what's actually happening. I'm sure wedding day will be ruined since that's the story line, but still hates how ZWJ almost marries to ZZR. 

Yeah. I also hate how he almost marry ZZR too. I wish ZM got an arranged marriage back home so ZWJ could feel all the angst of nearly loosing her.

6 minutes ago, quynie said:

It is probably in episode 30 or 31, the scene in which ZWJ have to call ZM "good sister".

Yeah. I also hate how he almost marry ZZR too. I wish ZM got an arranged marriage back home so ZWJ could feel all the angst of nearly loosing her.

oh wowo! I need to go back and watch it...

ahah. i rather not want to see that happens. I think he will regret and feel of losing her when ZM almost get beheaded and she already died? The old version had that part...i think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AppleBanana said:

1 hour ago, Sooyun Ahgase said:

oh man! did I miss that part too? :bawling:

It's in ep 32. 

[video-to-gif output image]

[video-to-gif output image]

• Like 2