[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

3 hours ago, jackieusa said:

I have this question if someone can answer for me.  So the reason ZZR kill YL was it because she wake up during ZZR committing her crime.  I don't think ZZR need to drug YL since she was already badly injury but somehow she awake at the wrong time.

I think she need to kill YL because that would make ZWJ hate ZM forever (because she put the blame on ZM). At that point, I'm sure ZZR know that ZWJ love ZM. In one of the preview, you can see ZWJ telling ZM that even if she stole the Yi Tian sword and the Dragon sabre, he can forgive her, even if she left them at the island, he can forgive her too. The only thing that he couldn't forgive her is that she killed YL (but that too, he couldn't kill her like he promised to his godfather). 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, quynie said:

I think she need to kill YL because that would make ZWJ hate ZM forever (because she put the blame on ZM). At that point, I'm sure ZZR know that ZWJ love ZM. In one of the preview, you can see ZWJ telling ZM that even if she stole the Yi Tian sword and the Dragon sabre, he can forgive her, even if she left them at the island, he can forgive her too. The only thing that he couldn't forgive her is that she killed YL (but that too, he couldn't kill her like he promised to his godfather). 

Thank you, it make prefect sense.

2 hours ago, dramagirlslove said:

True. There was no proof. No one would have believed her. Maybe it was in the heat of the moment since she did have an revelation moment about ZZR's ring on the spot. This happened in the 1994 version as well, not to mention the fact that the 1994 version had it set up so that everyone from the Ming Sect knew that ZZR was the culprit except ZWJ but didnt tell him b/c they did not want him to end up with ZM for obvious political reasons. Curious to see if this version will be the same since it's the same writer.

Please shed some light on how the Ming Sect knew about ZZR crime and not telling ZWJ in the 94 version.

On 3/30/2019 at 12:58 PM, graceeedwardmom said:

Not at all, you get much worse answer if ZWJ alone, i think ZWJ will go round and round making excuses and empty promises just like what he did to YL. Remember YL and him got a LOT of time together. This is my opinion.

Better to ask directly, in front of strong witness, XX his own godfather. This is aligned with her strong character. She is the type girl who 光明正大 (do everything proudly open) and 敢爱敢恨 (dare to love and hate)。 Geez, at this point i think ZM is much more gentleman than ZWJ. I hope next eps ZWJ can make it up for her.

@quynieHere is my piece of mind from my previous post about your question. Hope you can bear with it. I also same with you can't understand why ZM had to confront ZZR publicly for her crime. 

I personally don’t think WJ was especially passionate in that night time scene, he just wanted to get it over with imo...

But fruit scene, yes, he was treating ZM differently. 

I too am worried that this ZM isn’t as smart as she should be... let’s hope her taking to ZZR was her way to get proof or something. 

it could be that she's carried away in the heat of the moment as some said. She's not the type to accept wrongful accusations quietly,  not even from her father. Yet, here she is, wrongfully accused for a crime she didn't do. facing the possibility of losing her one true love with evil scheme and no matter what she did,  she feel she cannot get the fact straigthened, it can be crushing for one's emotion. Although this scene make her a bit out of character but she's a human afterall. 

Or perhaps she might want to create some doubts in the mind of the Ming's members? Hopefully Make them wonder if there's any truth in what she said. At the very least,  she can put a dent in the seemingly perfect facade, good girl mask that ZZR has been hiding behind. :ph34r:

If nothing else,  it's at least good to see him not taking ZZR side in front of the members (at least in the preview).  

Been repeating this,  but truly cannot help it :sweatingbullets:. The type of ZZR character is the type of character in drama that I cannot stand: act so meek but hid a cruel heart,  scheming to break apart main couple,  threatening to hurt herself if the man she loves reject her,  and blame everyone and everything high and low for the paths she ended up taking. (i hope this version use the 1st ending where she at the end repent and becomd a nun to atone herself).

Usually,  I nope out whenever drama has this kind of character, or at least skip to the very end if the drama is interesting enough :P. Hence I am waiting for the evil deeds that ZR did to be exposed (as I always do while watching HSDS)  and enjoy the remaining of the storyline.

Another arc I am looking forward to is the MSG (7th uncle)  death and WJ got to feel how hurt it was to be wrongfully accused by the person he loves and respect. It's ZM who help him out of the predicament. He really should thank ZM for the rest of his life,  making it up to her after all the pain he's putting her lol:lol:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, insertusernamehere said:

That scene is probably when he's going with them to Shaolin to save XX.

Looool re number 1 &3. Number 2 - agree!! In the novel and 2009 version, WJ asked ZM she seemed to know already that ZZR was the culprit, why didn't she tell him. ZM said WJ wouldn't believe her anyway if she told him, which makes a lot of sense. I think this version made a mistake in having her fight with ZZR on this. 

Hmm.. I thought ZM was in male disguise that scene because the 6 Sects wouldn't have accepted her openly being there?

1 hour ago, ildiz said:

It's in ep 32. 

[video-to-gif output image]

[video-to-gif output image]

Wuji's petulant I-wish-you-weren't-always-right-and-I-didn't-always-need-your-help look is priceless in the first one!

I've always loved the "hao jiejie" line- it's a silly little thing, almost petty, but ZM is so confident of her ability to control the situation that she can indulge in this whimsy.

1 hour ago, ildiz said:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, quynie said:

I wish ZM got an arranged marriage back home so ZWJ could feel all the angst of nearly loosing her.

You would like the 2003 and 2001 versions which both had that storyline added. :) 

1986 one did a really cute scene when ZM asks ZWJ if he hates her for ruining his beautiful wedding, and ZWJ says in revenge he'll also go ruin her future wedding someday, and ZM said "You dare!"

Then ZWJ gets quiet, and quietly wonders "I wonder who it is who did so much good in their last lives to deserve you."

And ZM cheekily tells him "It's not too late for you to start doing good deeds now."

They hold a long look.

It's an example of how you don't need to twist the plot or characters to inject an emotionally weighty scene.  Here ZWJ is so deep in by this time, that he can taste being envious of whoever is lucky enough to marry ZM, when said person doesn't even exist! ;)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

That’s just a lift from the book. ZWJ and ZM actually had that exchange after she woke up from her near death experience (right after the wedding).

Good point!  One of the nice JY moments for me... I'm not actually a fan of his in particular, although I love HSDS!

I'm concerned ZM is going to be made to do OCC stuff for plot drama- we'll see. The 'cat fight' so far doesn't even seem particularly interesting in addition to being odd for ZM. Indeed let's see if there's a deeper ploy underlying the scene.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

I personally don’t think WJ was especially passionate in that night time scene, he just wanted to get it over with imo...

But fruit scene, yes, he was treating ZM differently. 

I too am worried that this ZM isn’t as smart as she should be... let’s hope her taking to ZZR was her way to get proof or something. 

My imaginations run wild sometimes.:tounge_xd:

Their clothes matched each other colour under the moonlight don't you see ? And ZM hair and make up so simple and pretty here. Agree for the fruit scene, the fruit must be sour but they are tasting the love (someone here posted before)

1 hour ago, Yitian_fan said:

You would like the 2003 and 2001 versions which both had that storyline added. :) 

But I think the arranged marriage in those versions were before the WJxZZR wedding arc, so WJ was not very affected by it.

1 hour ago, Yitian_fan said:

1986 one did a really cute scene when ZM asks ZWJ if he hates her for ruining his beautiful wedding, and ZWJ says in revenge he'll also go ruin her future wedding someday, and ZM said "You dare!"

Then ZWJ gets quiet, and quietly wonders "I wonder who it is who did so much good in their last lives to deserve you."

And ZM cheekily tells him "It's not too late for you to start doing good deeds now."

I like that scene too. It was taken straight out from the book. I hope they will put it in this adaptation.

Another scene that I like from the book and the 1986 version is when ZM ask ZWJ to take her to see ZZ and ZZR so she can talk to them and prove that she didn't kill YL. ZWJ didn't want to let her meet his YiFu because he is scared that his YiFu will kill her, so he find many excuses to not take her. And then when they are back to the hotel and didn't find XX in his room, he was actually happy and relieved :wub:.

1 hour ago, chipz03 said:

Been repeating this,  but truly cannot help it :sweatingbullets:. The type of ZZR character is the type of character in drama that I cannot stand: act so meek but hid a cruel heart,  scheming to break apart main couple,  threatening to hurt herself if the man she loves reject her,  and blame everyone and everything high and low for the paths she ended up taking. (i hope this version use the 1st ending where she at the end repent and becomd a nun to atone herself).

Usually,  I nope out whenever drama has this kind of character, or at least skip to the very end if the drama is interesting enough :P. Hence I am waiting for the evil deeds that ZR did to be exposed (as I always do while watching HSDS)  and enjoy the remaining of the storyline.

I don't like character like ZZR too, so I don't understand how some people can ship her with WJ. I notice that women viewers tend to like ZM and men viewers like ZZR or XZ more.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, bluesky888 said:

Too bad that this version didn’t have the scene of ZM arrangement marred with the prince like the other versions.

Maybe the production afraid it will be too much drama. I read in other forum complained too much drama more than the wuxia portion while this is wuxia story.  

I personally don't mind they give more character depth to the drama. To me, if you expect wuxia portion higher you must hire actor with martial art background. It's not easy you know, you must find the young version of Jet li or Donnie Yen. Not to mention, if they can excel in martial art portion can they act the emotion well. This version is good enough for me after my disappointment on HSDS 1994, 2000,2003, 2009, DGSD 2013 and ROCH 2014.

@lynne22@bluesky888

Before getting over the moon, we must know first which couple they extend? 

If they extend ZCS-YSS, YBH- YLT then i rather skip because i think their story is enough. 

If they extend YX-JXF, it will be good because their story is underdeveloped.

If they extend ZWJ, it will be tricky, we gotta know with which girl and what story arc they extend. 

Oh wednesday, what took you so long to come to me??

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, graceeedwardmom said:

@lynne22@bluesky888

Before getting over the moon, we must know first which couple they extend? 

If they extend ZCS-YSS, YBH- YLT then i rather skip because i think their story is enough. 

If they extend YX-JXF, it will be good because their story is underdeveloped.

If they extend ZWJ, it will be tricky, we gotta know with which girl and what story arc they extend. 

Oh wednesday, what took you so long to come to me??

I think TVB try to cut back the minutes on each eps and make it into more eps.

• Like 1