[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

2 hours ago, arcchidus said:

That’s just a lift from the book. ZWJ and ZM actually had that exchange after she woke up from her near death experience (right after the wedding).

I remember that they used it in 2009 and so I went to check it out... Yup there it was!

"Of course I blame you. I'm waiting for a time in the future when you marry your Consort, I too will cause a ruckus so that you can't become a bride in peace."

"Alright, if you dare come, I'll kill you with a single stab."

"Why did you sigh?"

"I was just thinking... Which Consort can possibly earn such a blessing through good deeds from his previous life ."

"There's still enough time for you to earn your way."

"Really?"

• Like 3

XZ character is too docile for mY liking. I dunno but Perhaps she's fit more of the best wife material type of thing: docile,  good care taker,  feminine, but not my cup of tea. I can sort of understand though why people like this character and I don't hate this character. For me personally though,  she's just too docile, for lack of a better word. :sweatingbullets:

On the contrary, ZM is independent, strong willed, and knows how to challenge anyone,  male or female,  who cross and richard simmons her off. She fights for whatvl she wants and what she believes,  and she doesn't pretend to be someone she isn't.  She fits more of a modern day empowered woman type of character perhaps?  (very impressive of JY,  considering he wrote this back in the 70s where most expectation of women differ from now). I like ZM character because for me,  it is an example of what being stronger as a woman is. A bit oot, another strong women in stories that I really like are She Haihua and the Yang daughter/daughters in law (General Yangye's wife from the Yang family story). 

Character like ZZR is the one I also struggle to understand. In real life,  pretty and meek demeanor will soon fade when the ugly truth rear its head. Her life is tough but that doesn't justify all the misdeeds she did. I would think with this type of character, one would have to spend his entire life walking on thin ice and sleeping with his eyes open.  Cannot be too close to his girl cousins, else he will not see them ever again. Too scary for my liking 

Love the new Bts of photoshoot. Make me sort of see why some people can ship JC/YC. :sweatingbullets: 

Sorry if some found this post offensive but just my personal opinion folks.  Peace all :relaxed:

• Like 2

I read a bit more of the novel. Wow ZWJ knows how to flirt.

After ZM forced his brother to let her go with ZWJ, ZWJ told her that when he was about to marry ZZR he thought about her and felt sad, but now that he is with her he thought about ZZR and he felt sorry.

ZM was happy and said: you do like me a bit better. And then ZWJ said toward you I love and hate you, toward her I respect and fear her. And ZM said haha I wish you love and fear me and respect and hate her.

ZWJ then said: honestly, I now hate and fear you. ZM said what?? And ZWJ said:

I hate you for ruining my wedding, but I fear that you may not compensate me. When asked what he meant by compensate he said cheekily: compensate me for missing out on my wedding night.

ZM turned all red at that and said no no you need to ask my father [for marriage] before that!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

After ZM forced his brother to let her go with ZWJ, ZWJ told her that when he was about to marry ZZR he thought about her and felt sad, but now that he is with her he thought about ZZR and he feels sorry.

ZM was happy and said: you do like me a bit better. And then ZWJ said toward you I love and hate you, toward her I respect and fear her. And ZM said haha I wish you love and fear me and respect and hate her.

ZWJ then said: honestly, I now hate and am scared of you. ZM said what?? And ZWJ said:

I hate you for ruining my wedding, but I am scared that you may not compensate me. When asked what he meant by compensate he said cheekily: compensate me for missing out on my wedding night.

ZM turned all red at that and said no no you need to ask my father [for marriage] before that!!

Love the novel bits but i hoped Joseph can execute this scene well. I think Yukee will have no problem because she got more experiences. I saw the 2009 version, deng chao was bad, i don't feel anything from his eyes when he's talking with Ady's ZM.

16 hours ago, insertusernamehere said:

That scene is probably when he's going with them to Shaolin to save XX.

Looool re number 1 &3. Number 2 - agree!! In the novel and 2009 version, WJ asked ZM she seemed to know already that ZZR was the culprit, why didn't she tell him. ZM said WJ wouldn't believe her anyway if she told him, which makes a lot of sense. I think this version made a mistake in having her fight with ZZR on this. 

12 hours ago, Yitian_fan said:

You would like the 2003 and 2001 versions which both had that storyline added. :) 

1986 one did a really cute scene when ZM asks ZWJ if he hates her for ruining his beautiful wedding, and ZWJ says in revenge he'll also go ruin her future wedding someday, and ZM said "You dare!"

Then ZWJ gets quiet, and quietly wonders "I wonder who it is who did so much good in their last lives to deserve you."

And ZM cheekily tells him "It's not too late for you to start doing good deeds now."

They hold a long look.

It's an example of how you don't need to twist the plot or characters to inject an emotionally weighty scene.  Here ZWJ is so deep in by this time, that he can taste being envious of whoever is lucky enough to marry ZM, when said person doesn't even exist! ;)

2 hours ago, arcchidus said:

After ZM forced his brother to let her go with ZWJ, ZWJ told her that when he was about to marry ZZR he thought about her and felt sad, but now that he is with her he thought about ZZR and he felt sorry.

ZWJ then said: honestly, I now hate and fear you. ZM said what?? And ZWJ said:

I hate you for ruining my wedding, but I fear that you may not compensate me. When asked what he meant by compensate he said cheekily: compensate me for missing out on my wedding night.

All mentioned scenes above were happened to be in the 1986 version, that's why it is still my current favorite HSDS.

To add @insertusernamehere, ZM also said that ZWJ would assume that ZM was a jealous woman who wanted to make ZWJ's bride-to-be looked awful. That was why she didn't tell ZWJ about ZZR until ZWJ heard everything from ZZR herself. And when he did, he was extremely grateful that ZM was such a smart woman.

One thing I remembered, in 1986 version, there was a time when ZM followed ZWJ to stay for a while in Wudang after helping him cleared up the misunderstanding about MSG's death. And then, due to some reasons (which I forgot :D), she was gone. ZWJ seemed lost and didn't know where to find her until he went back to Wudang and a disciple told him that a lady were waiting for him. He was so happy and shouted "Min mei" when the said lady was actually ZZR. And yeah, ZZR's face turned grim immediately. Still, even with that fact, she pushed her wedding with ZWJ hoping that he would love her slowly and forgot ZM. Sigh~~~~

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, jackieusa said:

The wedding scene looks really good.  Hopefully we get to see the whole complete wedding scene otherwise we have to wait for another week.  waiting is killing me:cry:

I agreed with you. Hope we get to see the whole wedding scene not little and wait until Wednesday again.

3 hours ago, cancergirl87 said:

All mentioned scenes above were happened to be in the 1986 version, that's why it is still my current favorite HSDS.

To add @insertusernamehere, ZM also said that ZWJ would assume that ZM was a jealous woman who wanted to make ZWJ's bride-to-be looked awful. That was why she didn't tell ZWJ about ZZR until ZWJ heard everything from ZZR herself. And when he did, he was extremely grateful that ZM was such a smart woman.

One thing I remembered, in 1986 version, there was a time when ZM followed ZWJ to stay for a while in Wudang after helping him cleared up the misunderstanding about MSG's death. And then, due to some reasons (which I forgot :D), she was gone. ZWJ seemed lost and didn't know where to find her until he went back to Wudang and a disciple told him that a lady were waiting for him. He was so happy and shouted "Min mei" when the said lady was actually ZZR. And yeah, ZZR's face turned grim immediately. Still, even with that fact, she pushed her wedding with ZWJ hoping that he would love her slowly and forgot ZM. Sigh~~~~

Yes, THAT sounds more like what ZM would do than a direct confrontation she can't win.

I remember that scene too when he runs in calling for Minmei, and WJ was so disappointed to see ZZR.... Hahaha... it was fun to see ZZR's face at that point! I think she spat out "Minmei? How affectionate!"

Love 1986 best still (and I think it's also partly that it's the first version I ever saw and one of my first wuxia loves)

I think after this series ends I may have to go back and watch that one again :)

@hamaji More DOPE-MVs!  ZM looks so cool.... and I LOVE it that ZWJ is defending her against ZZR. :wub: (Ok, I admit I'm a little happy that the entire wedding is a slap in ZZR's beautiful but false face!)

Also a fan pulled together the clips and speculate why it is that ZM ends up getting "beheaded"- I admit until I saw this I'd forgotten how cool that sequence was in the 2001 HSDS (it's a great sequence because it's a combination of ZM being amazing, ZM rescuing ZWJ and her family in one swoop and ZWJ crying his heart out becasue he thought ZM died!)

• Like 3

Finally got around to seeing Ep 36 (was dreading the boat scene) but I really like the build up to it (though the bit of ZM stumbling around in the mud still made me cringe)

1. ZM buries her subordinates who died for her. I like that streak of loyalty in her!
2. I like it that she’s so confident she’ll beat Wuji ;)
3. And she’s warning Wuji not to be soft to her because that’s why she’ll beat him (she wants him to live of course!)
4. And I’m with you GraceeEdwardmom, when will we get a kiss already?!  Is it too much to ask ye Gods of Drama?  One OTP kiss??
5. Also like it that ZM seems to feel sorry for Yinli
6. And Ok, I admit, ZWJ was really reluctant to be engaged to ZR! (Happy dance!)

ZWJ ZWJ, you of little faith! (Or maybe it’s a Bear of Little Brain)  

XX is a cunning old fox, I bet he knew that ZZR was listening and so said the things he said to make sure she wouldn’t try to kill them to silence them!

• Like 3

It's TONIGHT everybody, brace yourself for the next 6 episodes. 

I envy you guys who can make gifs out of the scene you like the most. Can you tell me how to do that ? Or where i can read the instructions?

My question for you guys hope you can help me. Do you recognize who is the man standing beside YX in the opening song? The sequence is ZWJ, ZZR and ZM, and YX with ?

I'm so bad with faces

25 minutes ago, graceeedwardmom said:

I envy you guys who can make gifs out of the scene you like the most. Can you tell me how to do that ? Or where i can read the instructions?

My question for you guys hope you can help me. Do you recognize who is the man standing beside YX in the opening song? The sequence is ZWJ, ZZR and ZM, and YX with ?

I'm so bad with faces

I am new here. But to answer your question, it is Fan Yao

34 minutes ago, graceeedwardmom said:

I'm so bad with faces

I think it's ZWJ's father ZCS

8 minutes ago, jackieusa said:

Wedding scene from various versions!!  lol....all ZWJs are happy

https://v.qq.com/x/cover/ha7r9z89i9d234y/v0856sph2kr.html

I guess he's ok married ZZR since at the moment, he hasn't realized his real love feeling for ZM yet.  

hix, I have to wait until Wednesday, tomorrow's after work to watch it. 

I am new here. Thanks to this forum that i can finally have a channel to air my feelings for ZWJ-ZM romance. The other forums were not as interesting as this thread and i enjoyed reading everyone's comment.

Some of My thoughts for romance part of this adaptation :

I totally love Joseph potrayal of ZWJ. Having read the original novel many years back, ZWJ was not my favourite male protagonist in the whole Jinyong universe because of his occasional flirting scenes to ZZR as well as wishy washy character.... but Joseph made me fall in love with this character!! His loving eyes only for ZM really enchanting! Yukee is also my favourite ZM now though in my heart, the best ZM is still Kitty Lai from 1986 version (as well as Tony Leung as my favourite ZWJ). I only feel alittle pity that the scriptwriter decided to add scenes that display ZM's over-emotional side. I still prefer Yukee's confidence and leadership aura as ZM. 

I see some minor deviation of this adaptation against the novel but thankfully there were no major changes. Having been a hard core fan of Jinyong books, i am surprised that i am absolutely tolerant towards the deviations, maybe that is because Joseph and Yukee potrayal of ZWJ ZM is what i desired in my heart. 

I wonder why no one mentioned the scene in which ZWJ poke the hairpin back on ZM 's hair. (or maybe i missed out). I thought that was really a cute scene. 

And i am glad i am not the only one in this world pinning for Wednesdays to arrive and watching MVs preview to quench my thirst for more ZWJ-ZM moments during Saturday to Tuesday :)

Edited by LaurenPanna
  • Like 6