Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记


sugarplum892
 Share

Recommended Posts

I been reading the Vietnamese fan wrote quite lots of Fanfic but I'm not that good at translated. They are so interesting to see so many writing the Fanfics and I'm so appreciated all those people put in their time, their heart and mind when writing it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, LaurenPanna said:

 

There is a chinese fanfic that have wj zm gj hr together in one story. Wj Zm travel to peach blossom accidentally and bump into the ghosts of gj hr, they only have memories of their teens.

In the story gj dunno its already ming dynasty. And hr like zm as a friend very much and often test her quiz 

Quite cute to read. 

 

I used to read Jinyong analytics article alot and often got very obsessed with them. There are many analysis about who is GJ HR descendents. Some suspect is xiao zhao due to her five elements bagua knowledge which is same as huang yao shi. Some suspect gj hr sent their small grandchildren to mongol to be raised by huazheng. Huazheng had some guilt towards gj mum's death so she agreed to it, as the dangerous place is also the safest place. And to some extent maybe zm and ruyang wang could be their descendents which is why the Te mu er family own the Yitian sword first before it landed into the hands of mie jue. There was also a saying that YX is related to Yang guo because YX knows the tan zhi sheng tong martial arts (Huang yaoshi taught YG before). There was also a saying that Leader Yang ding tian was yang guo descendents too (first adaptation his surname was 杨 instead of 阳)

 

Jinyong read but did not deny any of the possibilities as he allowed his readers to have vast imagination. 

 

These could become interesting points for fanfic authors 

Lauren you're a SERIOUS JY fan!    You even study with Wudang... you're a living, breathing JY-crazy! :w00t:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I planned to watch The Legend of the Condor Heroes, return and then this but does not look like Return has a newer remake , are the condor stories Return,Legend and Sabre closely linked together or separate stories. . 

Return is currently in production, they should air end of the year (I hope anyway) or next year, the most likely I guess.

Legend and Return is more closely related since it is a sequel that happen 17-18 years later I think after Legend. HSDS is farther away like 90-100 years later after LOCH, so even if you don't watch Legend or Return you can still follow it. The link is only that the Sword and Sabre was made by GJ-HR (main chara of LOCH) and also later on there will a character that is loosely related to YG-XLN (the main chara of ROCH). But for the story plot itself HSDS does not relate with Legend or Return at all, so you can watch it even if you have no knowledge of Legend or Return.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Return is currently in production, they should air end of the year (I hope anyway) or next year, the most likely I guess.

Legend and Return is more closely related since it is a sequel that happen 17-18 years later I think after Legend. HSDS is farther away like 90-100 years later after LOCH, so even if you don't watch Legend or Return you can still follow it. The link is only that the Sword and Sabre was made by GJ-HR (main chara of LOCH) and also later on there will a character that is loosely related to YG-XLN (the main chara of ROCH). But for the story plot itself HSDS does not relate with Legend or Return at all, so you can watch it even if you have no knowledge of Legend or Return.  

 

Where did you guys watch is it this? 

 

I hate that it doesnt include poems and chinese sayings though. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I planned to watch The Legend of the Condor Heroes, return and then this but does not look like Return has a newer remake , are the condor stories Return,Legend and Sabre closely linked together or separate stories. . 

 

Legend (part 1) and Return (part 2) are closely related. You need to watch those one after the other. Sabre (part 3) is almost stand-alone if you want. Anyone who has seen part 1 and part 2 will catch the references in Sabre but if you haven’t seen them, those references don’t matter. They don’t get in the way.

 

Legend 2017 is a must-watch because I personally think it’s very good.

 

Return 2019 is in-production:

1. https://mydramalist.com/30864-the-return-of-the-condor-heroes

2. Spcnet.tv forums

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Damn. I know I said I'd take a break from this forum to watch another series but it didn't work out. The series got boring. <_<

 

In any case, look at this post I found on Weibo. A fan discovered that Joseph Zeng might have been told to use his right hand when he holds a sword, but according to small interactions, he uses his left hand all the time! He inadvertently made Zhang Wuji left-handed. ;)

 

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4377068878089990

  • Like 1
  • LOL 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Yitian_fan said:

Lauren you're a SERIOUS JY fan!    You even study with Wudang... you're a living, breathing JY-crazy! :w00t:

 

I just happened to be a taiji learner and it happens to be wudang heritage. But its indeed kinda exciting to know that i were to be included in the wudang branch. I believe they are all over the world. Mine is in Singapore and they sent wudang teachers over to a taoism temple to teach at a low cost

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kimmortal said:

 

Legend (part 1) and Return (part 2) are closely related. You need to watch those one after the other. Sabre (part 3) is almost stand-alone if you want. Anyone who has seen part 1 and part 2 will catch the references in Sabre but if you haven’t seen them, those references don’t matter. They don’t get in the way.

 

Legend 2017 is a must-watch because I personally think it’s very good.

 

Return 2019 is in-production:

1. https://mydramalist.com/30864-the-return-of-the-condor-heroes

2. Spcnet.tv forums

 

I agree that LOCH2017 is good although my top favourite is still LOCH 1983 as 83 version has all characters well chosen and great acting and chemistry, especially Felix wong and Barbara Yung, their chemistry are damn good and they became legendary GJ HR which no other versions can surpassed except for 2017 versions which i can say is on par with them. In fact its the 83 version that get me interested in Jinyong novels 

1 hour ago, kimmortal said:

 

Legend (part 1) and Return (part 2) are closely related. You need to watch those one after the other. Sabre (part 3) is almost stand-alone if you want. Anyone who has seen part 1 and part 2 will catch the references in Sabre but if you haven’t seen them, those references don’t matter. They don’t get in the way.

 

Legend 2017 is a must-watch because I personally think it’s very good.

 

Return 2019 is in-production:

1. https://mydramalist.com/30864-the-return-of-the-condor-heroes

2. Spcnet.tv forums

 

I agree that LOCH2017 is good although my top favourite is still LOCH 1983 as 83 version has all characters well chosen and great acting and chemistry, especially Felix wong and Barbara Yung, their chemistry are damn good and they became legendary GJ HR which no other versions can surpassed except for 2017 versions which i can say is on par with them. In fact its the 83 version that get me interested in Jinyong novels 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://m.weibo.cn/5924656629/4377213765801411

 

This is a good one. Someone in this thread has analyse before about minmin's importance in wuji heart. 

 

This post was saying that

 

If you ask wuji whether ming sect is important or minmin is important, wuji will not answer. 

 

But when he thought that zhu er is dead, he did not follow her. 

 

When his grandpa is dead, he did not follow

 

When his godpa is dead, he did not follow 

 

And when he thought that minmin is dead, he wants to follow her 

 

This shows her importance lol

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

 

I agree that LOCH2017 is good although my top favourite is still LOCH 1983 as 83 version has all characters well chosen and great acting and chemistry, especially Felix wong and Barbara Yung, their chemistry are damn good and they became legendary GJ HR which no other versions can surpassed except for 2017 versions which i can say is on par with them. In fact its the 83 version that get me interested in Jinyong novels 

 

I agree that LOCH2017 is good although my top favourite is still LOCH 1983 as 83 version has all characters well chosen and great acting and chemistry, especially Felix wong and Barbara Yung, their chemistry are damn good and they became legendary GJ HR which no other versions can surpassed except for 2017 versions which i can say is on par with them. In fact its the 83 version that get me interested in Jinyong novels 

I love LOCH 1994 with Anthena Chu. I think all character in this version is very good. Not only this is my fav HR is  but also her father and begger leader. I remember and love this version best. :wub: 

I'm starting to watched 2017 version...but still don't get same vibe and chemi as 1994. Maybe its still to early to give comment, will watched 5 or more ep again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

 

Where did you guys watch is it this? 

 

I hate that it doesnt include poems and chinese sayings though. 

 

Yeah this is right, the other one has even worst English than this.

 

@polar15 Yes LOCH 1983 and 1994 the best LOCH ever nothing could ever beat those two for me, best GJ-HR both of them. I still hate it when they diss Athena about it, I thought she was perfect for HR.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, polar15 said:

I love LOCH 1994 with Anthena Chu. I think all character in this version is very good. Not only this is my fav HR is  but also her father and begger leader. I remember and love this version best. :wub: 

I'm starting to watched 2017 version...but still don't get same vibe and chemi as 1994. Maybe its still to early to give comment, will watched 5 or more ep again. 

 

I was a 90's kid. LOCH 1994 was what I grew up on. Had it on VHS lol. For years nothing beat it. Then came LOCH 2017, which recently became my new favourite.

I vaguely remember seeing parts of 83 version as a kid and I knew the theme song (even named my dolls after Huang Rong and Huazheng) but I only truly watched it as a young adult. By that time, after having seen and gotten used to 1994, I found the 83 way too slow and draggy. I still finished it, mind you, but I couldn't wait to get to the end because it was so damn draggy: 3 parts!! Still, 83 had the best memorable actors and songs even to this day. 83 also has the most handsome Yang Kang played by Michael Miu. These are elements which made it into 2017 version, which is proof that even though 2017 may be my new favourite, it's heavily influenced by 83 so... credit where credit's due.

I'm looking forward to seeing Return 2019 as I had watched The Taoism Grandmaster and liked the male lead. I'm curious to see how he portrays Yang Guo. The Yang Guo in my heart is still 1995's Louis Koo, followed by 83's Andy Lau. Once again, you can see that I'm a 90's girl.

 

*Fun fact: 80's Beggar Sect leader and 90's Beggar Sect leader is the same actor. ;)

  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Athena chu was good as HR too, she is pretty. But i guess the hk fans criticise her because her HR style imitates the 83 version HR Barbara Yung. I noticed that too but i pretty like her too 

 

LOCH 2017 HR actually followed the novel's huang rong actual characteristics very closely, mild and innocent 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kimmortal said:

 

*Fun fact: 80's Beggar Sect leader and 90's Beggar Sect leader is the same actor. ;)

 

He's one of my favorite TVB actors ever (after Tony Leung)! :)

 

BTW, Yuki is acting in another wuxia:

https://cfen.si/2019/05/28/luo-yunxi-chen-yuqi-cast-in-wuxia-romance-drama-and-the-winner-is-love/#more-62086

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kimmortal said:

 

 

*Fun fact: 80's Beggar Sect leader and 90's Beggar Sect leader is the same actor. ;)

No wonder i feel same vibe.:wub: but i like his acting in 1994. He like a very friendly grandpa :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, kimmortal said:

I'm looking forward to seeing Return 2019 as I had watched The Taoism Grandmaster and liked the male lead. I'm curious to see how he portrays Yang Guo. The Yang Guo in my heart is still 1995's Louis Koo, followed by 83's Andy Lau. Once again, you can see that I'm a 90's girl.

 

I freaking love the 1995 version of ROCH.  The music, the cheap sets and costumes, the fast paced script/plot, everything.  To this day, no other version can portray the reunion scene like in this version.  Although I'll admit the 83 version comes a close second only because it was the first one I watched so it'll always hold a place in my heart.  Here's my ranking if anyone here cares:

 

LOCH - 94 > 83 >>> 2017 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the rest

ROCH - 95 > 83 > 2006 >>>> the others >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2014 (lol.  I hate this version so much)

HSDS - 2019 > 86 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the rest

DGSD - 97 > 82 > the rest

The Smiling, Proud Wanderer - 96 >>>> 2001 >>>>> the others >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2018

  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..