[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

Thank you so much Lauren :blush:

Please continue kimmortal :love:. I love it and also all fanfics of ZM-WJ posted in this forum so much :wub:

Regarding the last few episodes, definitely agree that the breakneck pace and choppier edits can definitely be improved.

I was browsing weibo,  and I am not sure if I understood correctly (and my apologies if I misunderstood), but quite some fans in weibo had been trying to get the uncut versions to be released,  as this HSDS has 90% of its series on very promising ground. I also feel that this version had the best main OTP chemistry and the team seem to really pay attention to the production and the actings, effects, settings, only to let the qualities drop at the last few episodes. It's such a pity.  But so far, seems like they had not have any response or fruitful results. Originally, I think this series plan for 60 or 70 episodes but need to be cut down to 50.

Now,  this is my personal opinions folk (:blush:):

If I may choose,  I would also wish members of Ming sect to be able to accept ZM, just like other versions (i love it when they listen and appreciate her input) but after I reflect on it,  perhaps this version portrayed a more realistic situations. They were at war with her side, so there will be deep misunderstanding and hatred toward their enemies. This might sound horrible (and I am not happy with how the members so conveniently accepting toward ZR and her bad deeds but so harsh on ZM) but, even though or even if they knew how bad ZR had committed her crimes against XX,  YL (even worse than ZM),  one redeeming factor for ZR in front of the Ming members is that this lady, who is capable of such a crime, will be fighting against the same common enemy.  Getting ZR on their side will be beneficial for their fights. Since they still have the bigger battle to worry about, and it involves much higher stakes for their people and the civilians, they would choose 'the lesser of the two evils' kind of thing. They might have to choose to put ZR crazy crimes on the backseat for the sake of their battles.  Facing a common enemy is the uniting factor,  while ZM is part of this common enemy. So,  it's easier (uugh,  i hate to think this) to "accept" the bad deeds from ZR than ZM (even when what ZR did is worse then ZM). No offense please :)

I personally feel that WJ not leaving with ZM is also perhaps better,  although I also wish they could just abandon everything and explore the world together (how beautiful that would be),  but the battle is at the critical moments. I am not even sure what is the best option for both WJ and ZM.  But, if WJ left at the critical state,  it would bring down the morale of the troops. Even though he was not the military leader per se,  he is their highest leader of the sect,  kind of like the uniting symbol. If he just disappeared, the troops would feel abandoned, I am afraid.  And keeping the morale of the people is one of the most important aspect in order to fight the battles.

The heavier emphasis of this angle of ming-yuan battle are the different factor that separate this version from other prev versions for me. From this angle,  perhaps the best case scenario (at least for me)  would be: ZM waited for him in Mongolia as she had originally wanted, while he fought the battle. Ming members never found out she's still alive so no room of underhanded schemes to use her from his members. Just focused on the battle with her dynasty. No matter what the outcomes are,  it would depend on the battle they fought, not some unfair schemes hatched to unfairly get the upper hands in the raging fight. Fairer for both sides. But perhaps this storyline would be too straightforward for a tv series. 

No intended offense or ill intention whatsoever please.  Sorry if this sounds rude, not my intention please. 

Peace all!!  :blush:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

24 minutes ago, chipz03 said:

Please continue kimmortal :love:. I love it and also all fanfics of ZM-WJ posted in this forum so much :wub:

Regarding the last few episodes, definitely agree that the breakneck pace and choppier edits can definitely be improved.

I was browsing weibo,  and I am not sure if I understood correctly (and my apologies if I misunderstood), but quite some fans in weibo had been trying to get the uncut versions to be released,  as this HSDS has 90% of its series on very promising ground. I also feel that this version had the best main OTP chemistry and the team seem to really pay attention to the production and the actings, effects, settings, only to let the qualities drop at the last few episodes. It's such a pity.  But so far, seems like they had not have any response or fruitful results. Originally, I think this series plan for 60 or 70 episodes but need to be cut down to 50.

If I may choose,  I would also wish members of Ming sect to be able to accept ZM, just like other versions (i love it when they listen and appreciate her input) but after I reflect on it,  perhaps this version portrayed a more realistic situations. They were at war with her side, so there will be deep misunderstanding and hatred toward their enemies. This might sound horrible (and I am not happy with how the members so conveniently accepting toward ZR and her bad deeds but so harsh on ZM) but, even though or even if they knew how bad ZR had committed her crimes against XX,  YL (even worse than ZM),  one redeeming factor for ZR in front of the Ming members is that this lady, who is capable of such a crime, will be fighting against the same common enemy.  Getting ZR on their side will be beneficial for their fights. Since they still have the bigger battle to worry about, and it involves much higher stakes for their people and the civilians, they would choose 'the lesser of the two evils' kind of thing. They might have to choose to put ZR crazy crimes on the backseat for the sake of their battles.  Facing a common enemy is the uniting factor,  while ZM is part of this common enemy. So,  it's easier (uugh,  i hate to think this) to "accept" the bad deeds from ZR than ZM (even when what ZR did is worse then ZM). No offense please :)

I personally feel that WJ not leaving with ZM is also perhaps better,  although I also wish they could just abandon everything and explore the world together (how beautiful that would be),  but the battle is at the critical moments. I am not even sure what is the best option for both WJ and ZM.  But, if WJ left at the critical state,  it would bring down the morale of the troops. Even though he was not the military leader per se,  he is their highest leader of the sect,  kind of like the uniting symbol. If he just disappeared, the troops would feel abandoned, I am afraid.  And keeping the morale of the people is one of the most important aspect in order to fight the battles.

The heavier emphasis of this angle of ming-yuan battle are the different factor that separate this version from other prev versions for me. From this angle,  perhaps the best case scenario (at least for me)  would be: ZM waited for him in Mongolia as she had originally wanted, while he fought the battle. Ming members never found out she's still alive so no room of underhanded schemes to use her from his members. Just focused on the battle with her dynasty. No matter what the outcomes are,  it would depend on the battle they fought, not some unfair schemes hatched to unfairly get the upper hands in the raging fight. Fairer for both sides. But perhaps this storyline would be too straightforward for a tv series. 

No intended offense or ill intention whatsoever please.  Sorry if this sounds rude, not my intention please. 

Recently i just wrote about zm being accepted by wudang elders, trying my best. 

24 minutes ago, chipz03 said:

Recently i just wrote about zm being accepted by wudang elders, trying my best. 

Yes there are numerous petitions on getting the full uncut scenes, i actually signed a number of them 

https://m.weibo.cn/3651649932/4378768523009801

By the way this is funny

ZWJ, the expert in enacting tombstones lol

• LOL 1

4 hours ago, LaurenPanna said:

https://m.weibo.cn/3651649932/4378768523009801

By the way this is funny

ZWJ, the expert in enacting tombstones lol

I actually find it really sad. I have a hard time rewatching the beginning because my poor baby is left alone for most of his upbringing. He lived such a solitary and quiet life — first on ice fire island with only family, then Butterfly Valley with only master/friend, then in the cave with only monkeys as companions, and then he travels Mongolia for god knows how long by himself. Seeing all the tombstones resurrected just reminds me of how everybody he cares about dies somehow. Toward the end, I completely understand why Zhao Min’s “death” makes him promise to join her as soon as he finishes his duty because, at this point, his grandfather, godfather, then wife has died. Poor baby! :bawling:

• Sad 3

5 hours ago, chipz03 said:

This is what i think would have been a better ending also the sword and saber were pretty meaningless to me.. they did nothing in this show. 

I can actually understand both sides ZM gave up everything for WJ but they would not accept her and used her but i understand why they would not accept her when the enemy is her father. I mean that is pretty hard to get past and accept especially considering what shes done in the past. 

9 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

This is what i think would have been a better ending also the sword and saber were pretty meaningless to me.. they did nothing in this show. 

But the sword and the sabre are important and the main goal of the books and even more so in this version

倚天劍 means Heaven Reliant Sword

屠龍刀 means Dragon Slaying Sabre

even though most translator just follow the 1st version and called them Heaven sword and Dragon sabre just to be quick and more easy to read.

But the accepted translation of the title of the book after the first version is Relying on Heaven to Slay the Dragon (倚天剑屠龙记)

In Chinese culture, Dragon symbolises the Emperor and as the Son of Heavens, only by drawing the might of Heaven can you dethrone the Emperor

In the book it was explained the the tactic manual Wu Mu book was hidden inside the Dragon sabre by Guo Jing, which supposed to indicate a brilliant person should use that to expel the Yuan's army and install a new Han ruler.

While the Heaven sword inside it has the Jiu Yin White Bone Claw manual and the 18 Dragon-subduing palms (even though in this version I don't think they have the dragon palms) which supposed to be used to kill/assassinate the new Emperor if he's not benevolent and install a new benevolent Emperor.

So at the end of the day both sword and sabre is to ensure any sovereign/government is checked by the people that will always rise in rebellion if the rulers are not benevolent.

Which is quite symbolic when WJ use the Dragon sabre to cut the throne, since for me I believe it represent the people side that will keep the ruler in check.

While the Heaven sword is returned to Er Mei is also to keep the ruler in check, whom I believe represent the wulin/jianghu/martial world people.

That's my interpretation anyway of why they need that scene where WJ repair both the broken sword and sabre.

If you want to read more on the title explanation why Chinese characters can be interpreted/translated differently

https://wuxiasociety.com/the-heaven-sword-and-the-dragon-sabre/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Heaven_Sword_and_Dragon_Saber go to the Analogy sections it explain concisely why title is interpreted that way

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

How could the sword and saber meaningless? Its the center of its story since first episode:sweatingbullets:

If there is no saber, WJ father, XX and WJ mother are never meet. So WJ will never born...and the love story between WJ and ZM (that we love so much) will never exist. :wub:LOL. And those things are both have connection to past (other books) and symbolic to make sure who ever gonna be ruler or emperor should not use his power to make people suffer and benevolent or else he will dethrone.

1 hour ago, kur4p1k4 said:

But the sword and the sabre are important and the main goal of the books and even more so in this version

倚天劍 means Heaven Reliant Sword

屠龍刀 means Dragon Slaying Sabre

even though most translator just follow the 1st version and called them Heaven sword and Dragon sabre just to be quick and more easy to read.

But the accepted translation of the title of the book after the first version is Relying on Heaven to Slay the Dragon (倚天剑屠龙记)

In Chinese culture, Dragon symbolises the Emperor and as the Son of Heavens, only by drawing the might of Heaven can you dethrone the Emperor

In the book it was explained the the tactic manual Wu Mu book was hidden inside the Dragon sabre by Guo Jing, which supposed to indicate a brilliant person should use that to expel the Yuan's army and install a new Han ruler.

While the Heaven sword inside it has the Jiu Yin White Bone Claw manual and the 18 Dragon-subduing palms (even though in this version I don't think they have the dragon palms) which supposed to be used to kill/assassinate the new Emperor if he's not benevolent and install a new benevolent Emperor.

So at the end of the day both sword and sabre is to ensure any sovereign/government is checked by the people that will always rise in rebellion if the rulers are not benevolent.

Which is quite symbolic when WJ use the Dragon sabre to cut the throne, since for me I believe it represent the people side that will keep the ruler in check.

While the Heaven sword is returned to Er Mei is also to keep the ruler in check, whom I believe represent the wulin/jianghu/martial world people.

That's my interpretation anyway of why they need that scene where WJ repair both the broken sword and sabre.

If you want to read more on the title explanation why Chinese characters can be interpreted/translated differently

https://wuxiasociety.com/the-heaven-sword-and-the-dragon-sabre/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Heaven_Sword_and_Dragon_Saber go to the Analogy sections it explain concisely why title is interpreted that way

35 minutes ago, polar15 said:

How could the sword and saber meaningless? Its the center of its story since first episode:sweatingbullets:

If there is no saber, WJ father, XX and WJ mother are never meet. So WJ will never born...and the love story between WJ and ZM (that we love so much) will never exist. :wub:LOL. And those things are both have connection to past (other books) and symbolic to make sure who ever gonna be ruler or emperor should not use his power to make people suffer and benevolent or else he will dethrone.

The way you explained the sword and saber makes alot of sense i just thought we would see more of them thats all. normally when shows are named after swords they make a bigger fighting impact so maybe was expecting that ;p 

@Yitian_fan Ah no worries, I thought most JY fans or Chinese students already know this, since this kind of things what makes Chinese language so interesting and equally bothersome to study :sweatingbullets: And HSDS also has probably the most pun/hidden meanings on the characters name, which also make an interesting character study just based on the names. (this is a personal opinion since I only read Condor trilogy, XAJH and DGSD)

Well it also as warning that any tyrannical sovereign will be overthrow not just Yuan just as @polar15 said. It's just currently at HSDS period it is nearing the end of the Yuan dynasty.

Most fan translator try to put "Heaven Reliant Sword" and "Dragon Slaying Sabre" as the official translation nowadays, but it just doesn't flow as well as "Heaven Sword" and " Dragon Sabre"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yitian_fan said:

@kur4p1k4  Ahhh... it makes sense. All these years and it never occurred to me that the title of the book was about the overthrowing of the Yuan dynasty! Thanks for this- really cool insight actually!

That was Guo Jing Huang Rong wishes, wish for future Han generations to snatch China back from Mongol, which is why the weapons are named that way. 

In fact huang rong purposely created a poems about the two weapons. Wishing for wise future being to be able to go after the weaoons, decipher the poems and know how to extract manuals from the weapons to save china. Only emei sect leader guo xiang know the secret answer to the poems of weapons. Poem describe both weapons to be equally sharp and no other weapons can subdue them, hence both of them has to be <hit> together in order to be broken up to retrieve the secret manuals 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

All the WJ-ZM fans in weibo are back to the hole again lol

MAC China advertising dept. at least know what they're doing ;)

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/HxbnQyQvY?fid=1034:4379085762178763

Use this one if the upper one doesn't work

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/Hxdqn07P8?fid=1034:4379164078494636

Edited by kur4p1k4
broken link
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

All the WJ-ZM fans in weibo are back to the hole again lol

MAC China advertising dept. at least know what they're doing ;)

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/HxbnQyQvY?fid=1034:4379085762178763

Awesome!!!! Good job for getting them together in an ad:thumbsup:.  Now,  pllleeeeaaassee Please please please please please let them actually shoot other endorsement/future endorsement together (and don't forget the BTS bits), and/or attend endorsement events,  and/or anything where they are actually doing the project together. That would be a suuuper great bonus hahaha (I got greedy here:tounge_wink:).

I just signed for AO3, and I was quoted that the invitation should be sent to me by 5 june.  Then I'll transfer all fanfics I posted here to that account

Peace all!!  :mrgreen:

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, chipz03 said:

Awesome!!!! Good job for getting them together in an ad:thumbsup:.  Now,  pllleeeeaaassee Please please please please please let them actually shoot other endorsement/future endorsement together (and don't forget the BTS bits), and/or attend endorsement events,  and/or anything where they are actually doing the project together. That would be a suuuper great bonus hahaha (I got greedy here:tounge_wink:).

I just signed for AO3, and I was quoted that the invitation should be sent to me by 5 june.  Then I'll transfer all fanfics I posted here to that account

@LaurenPanna  Nice- JY tied his novels together actually better than I realized!

@chipz03 See you at AOOO

All, another chapter of Haojiejie up :)

@kur4p1k4  The Ad is fun!  Oddly while I find Joseph very good looking at ZWJ he seems only so-so in the ad.  Yukee thought looks gorgeous in the ad!  And yes, someone who works at MAC is a HSDS fan! :) (#HSDS fans rule the world!)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Slowly slowly slowly 

Our dream of them appearing in new drama will come trueeee!! 

Thanks to MAC taking the lead!!! 

3 hours ago, chipz03 said:

Trust me, it will be earlier than that. WOOHOO!!! 

4 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

LOL they should have use them to promote the eyebrow pencil :lol:

Many fans think the same!!! 

• LOL 1

Thank you Yitian,  see u at AO3. Btw,  love your fanfics too. Keep up the good works!!!!  :thumbsup:

I really hope we can see YC-JZ soon in another drama. At the very least, their chemistry is just too good to only be showcased in one drama. 

A short clip of YC interview. I think she talked about the BTS bit when they were filming the boat pushing scene. I tried to understand what she said,  and with my limited understanding (please correct me if I am wrong),  I think YC said that during the of the filming, because of the sad nature of the materials, she didn't feel that good (??), so JZ came to her and told her to be happier because if she was sad,  there's no way he could be happy (if this is indeed correct, that's quite sweet that he is happy when she is happy. Oops,  sorry for the rambling :P). At the end,  when they were actually filming,  he ended up making them laugh? (???)

All credit go to the owners of the vid,  account, and other relevant parties

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4379178054878659#&video

Peace all :mrgreen:

• Like 3

Sorry for back to back post all.

While waiting for my AO3 account to be up, Here's Part 6 (7?, I lost track haha) of my previous fanfic that chronicles the aftermath of WJ-ZM's reunion at the grassland. This is completely separate from the dark Wuji piece, and this piece is lighter to some extend.

This part seems like a filler without plot though hahaha. 

There's some part of this piece that is inspired by the last episode of Legend of Zhen Huan (one of the best drama about back palace 'hou gong' intrigues starring Sun Li. I highly recommend this drama:D), on the

Spoiler

punishment received by Empress Yishiu, which basically erased any records of her as empress.

I was thinking this bit from Legend of Zhen Huan could fit nicely (in my mind, at least :D) since in real history, Wang Baobao did not have sister named Min-min as well. So, I took the inspiration and incorporated in this part of my fanfic.

I plan to write a sliiiiightly more rated (nothing explicit though) story for the next (or one after next) chapters, but I will likely just post them on AO3 though :sweatingbullets:

Spoiler

Disclaimer:

This fanfic is purely for fun fanfic writing purposes. No copyright infringement intended. All credits to source materials (e.g. characters) / any aspect that might be borrowed from other materials (if any) for this fanfic belong to the respective sources.

This is Alternate Universe (AU) that does not strictly follow canon/source materials. Some Out of Characters included as well.

Hope you enjoy :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three months had passed ever since Zhang Wuji had found Zhao Min in the grassland, and two months had gone by ever since they found their peace. Ever since they abandoned their hurt and disappointment. Ever since he embraced his beloved princess back in his arms again.

Zhang Wuji had made up his mind to ask for his Min-min’s hand when the night left them for another new day. He had dreamed of their future together, and it was time to chase this dream. He had just started walking toward the tent when he heard a distant voice from the front gate. A voice that brought back the memory of an early encounter with Zhao Min years ago at Wudang. The voice of her loyal vassal. A-San.

‘Zhang Wuji! I came here not to fight with you. I came here to have a friendly talk to you!!’

Somehow Wuji doubted that their talk would be as friendly as the older man had claimed, but he cautiously reserved his judgment. At the end of the day, it had been A-San who had accompanied Zhao Min back to the grassland. It was A-San who had kept her safe and sound throughout her journey. A fact that, if Wuji dared to be honest, still embittered him to no end.

“Why don’t you tell junzhu that you would be gone for a bit? I don’t want her to be worried when she cannot find you,”

A-San’s voice suddenly brought back his attention. Wuji hesitated for a moment before turning to the hut to inform his Min-min that he would be back soon. Highly alert, Wuji quietly followed A-San to the back stream where he loved to sit with Min-min.

“Zhang Wuji, what do you think you are doing? You are not welcomed here!”

Wuji’s suspicion was confirmed. Not a pleasant talk indeed.

“What do you plan to do? Playing around with junzhu’s feeling?”

“You have won the war and forced her brother to flee. Destroying her family is not enough for you?”

“Are you here to chase for her forgiveness to make yourself feel good?”

Several times Wuji was trying to retort A-San’s rambling before another barrage of charges was dumped on him. But the last accusation hit him where it hurt the most. It did not help that A-San’s fist had also unpleasantly landed on his jaw, pushing him off balance.  A wave of irritation surged within him, prompting him to catch A-San’s fist with his right hand as his former enemy tried to punch him again.

“A-San, I don’t know whether what I said will make you believe me, and I don’t care if you don't. I have hurt her, I will not deny that. I cannot deny that. It’s my sin that I will bring to the grave. I came here for her forgiveness, that’s true. For my consolation, that’s also true. But most importantly, I want her to heal. I need her to heal. At the end of the day, it does not matter if she refuse to forgive me. So long that I can make her let go of all her resentment, that’s enough. I want her to be happy again. I need her to be happy!”

Wuji could feel his own anger rose, but he still held back his attack. He refrained himself from fighting A-San when he felt the other man’s body started to loosen up. He could see flashes of sadness in A-San’s face, a face that he had once looked at with fury some years ago.

Fury that he could no longer find.

Perhaps these past years had washed away his hatred toward the older man and his brothers for what they had done toward his parents and his Wudang uncles. Perhaps the fact that his own vassals had plotted underhanded methods to achieve their goal had made him realized the harsh reality of their battles. Things had not been and could not be ideal in the battlefield, as both sides needed to fight for their causes. No matter what strategies that they were forced to take, no matter how bad they could lose, both sides could not easily admit defeat. And it broke his soul to see the horror that the long battles had brought upon.   

“Do you know how bad you have hurt junzhu? Not only you almost make her lose her head, but you have erased her from history. You have taken away her identity!”

A-San’s voice was breaking as he sat down. The once young and strong soldier suddenly looked so frail and tired. Wuji felt his heart stopped when he heard A-San last sentences. He did not understand.

Junzhu has not told you, hasn’t she? I should not be surprised. She’s so strong and stubborn even since she was born”

Wuji had sat quietly beside A-San when the older man finally talked. He suddenly remembered that A-San must have seen Zhao Min growing up, being with the family years before she had been born. If only their circumstances were different, he would love to hear many childhood stories of a certain stubborn lady that he had loved so deeply.

“When the emperor…former emperor found out that junzhu had released an important prisoner, the palace was livid. They wanted to punish the whole family, even us the subordinates. All of us. But junzhu was not willing to let anyone take the blame but herself. How could she let her family suffer because of her? She is too noble to let that happen. So the palace has sentenced her to death”

Wuji closed his eyes as that painful memory flooded his mind. She had almost lost her life, but where had he been? Still trying to keep his feeling to her at bay, still foolishly falling deep into Zhiruo’s lies and schemes. He almost forgot about the other man when A-San continued.

“That time, I honestly wished I could help her. Junzhu had been treating my brothers and I really well, respecting us as her senior. Yet, when she was at her most precarious moment, we could not help her. I don’t know whether it’s best to just let her face the punishment or to find a way to save her. Days went by, and the palace was kind enough to let her spend her last days with her family. But times still move forward, and that day finally came. There she was, on the stage, waiting for her execution. She never waver, and I remembered hating you even more, Zhang Wuji. All because of you! If you never came to her life, she would already be a crown princess! She would have married the crown prince and live happier life!”

Against his will, Wuji felt another surge of irritation at the mention of the crown prince. Deep inside his conscience and his mind, he knew, he understood that he did not have the right to be angry, to be jealous. But his heart had decided otherwise.

“When that traitor Ku Tou Tou barged in to save her, for a brief moment, I honestly felt a sense of relief. At the very least, she’s safe. Even the prince and young prince were secretly relieved. How could a father and brother willingly watched their beloved family member got executed like that? But our reliefs were short-lived. The palace was enraged that a promising young princess, daughter of an honorable prince and a formidable war general, someone who has commanded over troops of their soldiers, and someone they had considered a match for the heir had associated herself with their most dangerous enemies. It took a tremendous effort from the prince and young prince to beg for the emperor’s forgiveness. The prince and young prince had to make greater sacrifice to save the whole family this time. The Prince has to personally offer to..to kill his…traitor daughter.”

Wuji could hear that A-San’s voice cracked even more as the man recounted the turmoil that Zhao Min had to endure.

For him. All for him.

Yet, he had failed to protect her during her dark days. He had turned his back when she needed him the most.

“But the palace was not pacified. They wanted to erase every existence of this traitor princess who had let them down so badly. They wanted her to cease from existence forever. So they issued an edict that any mention of her would be deleted from any record in the history. They did not even spare the prince’s family record. You see, from that day, Shao Min Junzhu never existed. Min-min Temur had never been born in the family. Ever since that day, the prince never had any daughter named Min-min Temur, our young Prince never ever had a sister named Min-min Temur. It’s like..she just…she just disappears. No name can be put on her tomb, no family, no identity. Junzhu has always been proud of her family, so this sentence was even worse than a death sentence for her. From the moment that traitor took her away from the execution stage, she had existed merely as a lowly nameless fugitive, the biggest and most vilified traitor of her own country!”

“So the young prince had hatched a desperate plan to fake his sister’s death. They could not save her identity, but at least she would still be alive. That’s the most important for her family. It took a lot of effort for her brother to secretly arrange for her to settle in this piece of land. She could not even put her parents’ names on the tomb she built, lest people will find out her true identity! She might have greeted new friends here, but she could not get too close to others. If they found out about her past accusations, it would be the end for her. She has been living in the shadow with no past she could share!”

Wuji was frozen with shock as A-San continued. He knew she had suffered for him, but he never knew that she had to endure so much more than he had ever known.

For him. All for him.

Silently, Wuji walked back to the hut after his conversation with A-San. His former nemesis had recounted their journey back to the grassland. Their problems had never been about bad persons or enemies threatening their safety along the journey, but her old injuries flaring up. If it had been the former, A-San and his wife could easily tackle the issues due to their high level of martial arts skills. But it had been the latter that drove them frantic with desperation. The residual cold poison from her shoulder’s injury and her other old wounds had flared up amidst her heartbreaks and their tiring journey, but A-San and his wife had no medicinal knowledge or skills. How could they save her if they never knew how to differentiate one medicinal herb from the other? There were times when they could only helplessly watched their young lady suffered, as his wife held on to their lady’s shivering hand, and A-San felt new waves of hatred toward the man who had inflicted all these sufferings on the once bright and promising young princess.

Toward him.

A deep sigh escaped from Wuji’s lips as he inched closer to the hut. Wuji had to admit that he felt a new sense of gratitude toward the older man and his family. For all they had done for her. For all sacrifices they made to give her a more comfortable life. The throbbing pain in his jaw had been forgotten, but the heaviness inside his heart felt suffocating.

‘A-San. I promise you. From now on, I will never leave her alone anymore. She will not be nameless anymore. She will take my surname. Even though I cannot give her old life back and I cannot give her the same luxurious life as she has had before, I will give her all the things I can give her. I promise you that she will not have to live alone anymore, that she will never have to worry about her future any longer. I promise you.’

He had earnestly given A-San his oath, as a man, to protect Min-Min, and he would keep it. Even if it means giving his life away, he would keep his promise. He would protect her.

Her happiness above his. Her needs above his.

Her before him. Always her before him.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@chipz03 Thanks!  And actually for everyone I'm always looking for ideas and constructive criticism since writing fanfic is sometihng I want to get better at! :)

Interesting punishment by the Empress Yishiu, reminds me of "1984"- constantly rewriting history!

5 hours ago, chipz03 said:

Sorry for back to back post all.

While waiting for my AO3 account to be up, Here's Part 6 (7?, I lost track haha) of my previous fanfic that chronicles the aftermath of WJ-ZM's reunion at the grassland. This is completely separate from the dark Wuji piece, and this piece is lighter to some extend.

This part seems like a filler without plot though hahaha. 

There's some part of this piece that is inspired by the last episode of Legend of Zhen Huan (one of the best drama about back palace 'hou gong' intrigues starring Sun Li. I highly recommend this drama:D), on the

Reveal hidden contents

punishment received by Empress Yishiu, which basically erased any records of her as empress.

I was thinking this bit from Legend of Zhen Huan could fit nicely (in my mind, at least :D) since in real history, Wang Baobao did not have sister named Min-min as well. So, I took the inspiration and incorporated in this part of my fanfic.

I plan to write a sliiiiightly more rated (nothing explicit though) story for the next (or one after next) chapters, but I will likely just post them on AO3 though :sweatingbullets:

Reveal hidden contents

Disclaimer:

This fanfic is purely for fun fanfic writing purposes. No copyright infringement intended. All credits to source materials (e.g. characters) / any aspect that might be borrowed from other materials (if any) for this fanfic belong to the respective sources.

This is Alternate Universe (AU) that does not strictly follow canon/source materials. Some Out of Characters included as well.

Hope you enjoy :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three months had passed ever since Zhang Wuji had found Zhao Min in the grassland, and two months had gone by ever since they found their peace. Ever since they abandoned their hurt and disappointment. Ever since he embraced his beloved princess back in his arms again.

Zhang Wuji had made up his mind to ask for his Min-min’s hand when the night left them for another new day. He had dreamed of their future together, and it was time to chase this dream. He had just started walking toward the tent when he heard a distant voice from the front gate. A voice that brought back the memory of an early encounter with Zhao Min years ago at Wudang. The voice of her loyal vassal. A-San.

‘Zhang Wuji! I came here not to fight with you. I came here to have a friendly talk to you!!’

Somehow Wuji doubted that their talk would be as friendly as the older man had claimed, but he cautiously reserved his judgment. At the end of the day, it had been A-San who had accompanied Zhao Min back to the grassland. It was A-San who had kept her safe and sound throughout her journey. A fact that, if Wuji dared to be honest, still embittered him to no end.

“Why don’t you tell junzhu that you would be gone for a bit? I don’t want her to be worried when she cannot find you,”

A-San’s voice suddenly brought back his attention. Wuji hesitated for a moment before turning to the hut to inform his Min-min that he would be back soon. Highly alert, Wuji quietly followed A-San to the back stream where he loved to sit with Min-min.

“Zhang Wuji, what do you think you are doing? You are not welcomed here!”

Wuji’s suspicion was confirmed. Not a pleasant talk indeed.

“What do you plan to do? Playing around with junzhu’s feeling?”

“You have won the war and forced her brother to flee. Destroying her family is not enough for you?”

“Are you here to chase for her forgiveness to make yourself feel good?”

Several times Wuji was trying to retort A-San’s rambling before another barrage of charges was dumped on him. But the last accusation hit him where it hurt the most. It did not help that A-San’s fist had also unpleasantly landed on his jaw, pushing him off balance.  A wave of irritation surged within him, prompting him to catch A-San’s fist with his right hand as his former enemy tried to punch him again.

“A-San, I don’t know whether what I said will make you believe me, and I don’t care if you don't. I have hurt her, I will not deny that. I cannot deny that. It’s my sin that I will bring to the grave. I came here for her forgiveness, that’s true. For my consolation, that’s also true. But most importantly, I want her to heal. I need her to heal. At the end of the day, it does not matter if she refuse to forgive me. So long that I can make her let go of all her resentment, that’s enough. I want her to be happy again. I need her to be happy!”

Wuji could feel his own anger rose, but he still held back his attack. He refrained himself from fighting A-San when he felt the other man’s body started to loosen up. He could see flashes of sadness in A-San’s face, a face that he had once looked at with fury some years ago.

Fury that he could no longer find.

Perhaps these past years had washed away his hatred toward the older man and his brothers for what they had done toward his parents and his Wudang uncles. Perhaps the fact that his own vassals had plotted underhanded methods to achieve their goal had made him realized the harsh reality of their battles. Things had not been and could not be ideal in the battlefield, as both sides needed to fight for their causes. No matter what strategies that they were forced to take, no matter how bad they could lose, both sides could not easily admit defeat. And it broke his soul to see the horror that the long battles had brought upon.   

“Do you know how bad you have hurt junzhu? Not only you almost make her lose her head, but you have erased her from history. You have taken away her identity!”

A-San’s voice was breaking as he sat down. The once young and strong soldier suddenly looked so frail and tired. Wuji felt his heart stopped when he heard A-San last sentences. He did not understand.

Junzhu has not told you, hasn’t she? I should not be surprised. She’s so strong and stubborn even since she was born”

Wuji had sat quietly beside A-San when the older man finally talked. He suddenly remembered that A-San must have seen Zhao Min growing up, being with the family years before she had been born. If only their circumstances were different, he would love to hear many childhood stories of a certain stubborn lady that he had loved so deeply.

“When the emperor…former emperor found out that junzhu had released an important prisoner, the palace was livid. They wanted to punish the whole family, even us the subordinates. All of us. But junzhu was not willing to let anyone take the blame but herself. How could she let her family suffer because of her? She is too noble to let that happen. So the palace has sentenced her to death”

Wuji closed his eyes as that painful memory flooded his mind. She had almost lost her life, but where had he been? Still trying to keep his feeling to her at bay, still foolishly falling deep into Zhiruo’s lies and schemes. He almost forgot about the other man when A-San continued.

“That time, I honestly wished I could help her. Junzhu had been treating my brothers and I really well, respecting us as her senior. Yet, when she was at her most precarious moment, we could not help her. I don’t know whether it’s best to just let her face the punishment or to find a way to save her. Days went by, and the palace was kind enough to let her spend her last days with her family. But times still move forward, and that day finally came. There she was, on the stage, waiting for her execution. She never waver, and I remembered hating you even more, Zhang Wuji. All because of you! If you never came to her life, she would already be a crown princess! She would have married the crown prince and live happier life!”

Against his will, Wuji felt another surge of irritation at the mention of the crown prince. Deep inside his conscience and his mind, he knew, he understood that he did not have the right to be angry, to be jealous. But his heart had decided otherwise.

“When that traitor Ku Tou Tou barged in to save her, for a brief moment, I honestly felt a sense of relief. At the very least, she’s safe. Even the prince and young prince were secretly relieved. How could a father and brother willingly watched their beloved family member got executed like that? But our reliefs were short-lived. The palace was enraged that a promising young princess, daughter of an honorable prince and a formidable war general, someone who has commanded over troops of their soldiers, and someone they had considered a match for the heir had associated herself with their most dangerous enemies. It took a tremendous effort from the prince and young prince to beg for the emperor’s forgiveness. The prince and young prince had to make greater sacrifice to save the whole family this time. The Prince has to personally offer to..to kill his…traitor daughter.”

Wuji could hear that A-San’s voice cracked even more as the man recounted the turmoil that Zhao Min had to endure.

For him. All for him.

Yet, he had failed to protect her during her dark days. He had turned his back when she needed him the most.

“But the palace was not pacified. They wanted to erase every existence of this traitor princess who had let them down so badly. They wanted her to cease from existence forever. So they issued an edict that any mention of her would be deleted from any record in the history. They did not even spare the prince’s family record. You see, from that day, Shao Min Junzhu never existed. Min-min Temur had never been born in the family. Ever since that day, the prince never had any daughter named Min-min Temur, our young Prince never ever had a sister named Min-min Temur. It’s like..she just…she just disappears. No name can be put on her tomb, no family, no identity. Junzhu has always been proud of her family, so this sentence was even worse than a death sentence for her. From the moment that traitor took her away from the execution stage, she had existed merely as a lowly nameless fugitive, the biggest and most vilified traitor of her own country!”

“So the young prince had hatched a desperate plan to fake his sister’s death. They could not save her identity, but at least she would still be alive. That’s the most important for her family. It took a lot of effort for her brother to secretly arrange for her to settle in this piece of land. She could not even put her parents’ names on the tomb she built, lest people will find out her true identity! She might have greeted new friends here, but she could not get too close to others. If they found out about her past accusations, it would be the end for her. She has been living in the shadow with no past she could share!”

Wuji was frozen with shock as A-San continued. He knew she had suffered for him, but he never knew that she had to endure so much more than he had ever known.

For him. All for him.

Silently, Wuji walked back to the hut after his conversation with A-San. His former nemesis had recounted their journey back to the grassland. Their problems had never been about bad persons or enemies threatening their safety along the journey, but her old injuries flaring up. If it had been the former, A-San and his wife could easily tackle the issues due to their high level of martial arts skills. But it had been the latter that drove them frantic with desperation. The residual cold poison from her shoulder’s injury and her other old wounds had flared up amidst her heartbreaks and their tiring journey, but A-San and his wife had no medicinal knowledge or skills. How could they save her if they never knew how to differentiate one medicinal herb from the other? There were times when they could only helplessly watched their young lady suffered, as his wife held on to their lady’s shivering hand, and A-San felt new waves of hatred toward the man who had inflicted all these sufferings on the once bright and promising young princess.

Toward him.

A deep sigh escaped from Wuji’s lips as he inched closer to the hut. Wuji had to admit that he felt a new sense of gratitude toward the older man and his family. For all they had done for her. For all sacrifices they made to give her a more comfortable life. The throbbing pain in his jaw had been forgotten, but the heaviness inside his heart felt suffocating.

‘A-San. I promise you. From now on, I will never leave her alone anymore. She will not be nameless anymore. She will take my surname. Even though I cannot give her old life back and I cannot give her the same luxurious life as she has had before, I will give her all the things I can give her. I promise you that she will not have to live alone anymore, that she will never have to worry about her future any longer. I promise you.’

He had earnestly given A-San his oath, as a man, to protect Min-Min, and he would keep it. Even if it means giving his life away, he would keep his promise. He would protect her.

Her happiness above his. Her needs above his.

Her before him. Always her before him.

Cool i love it!!! 

I actually cried reading about her plight that you wrote. She has been through such a hard life

Coincidentally, in my grassland reunion in lofter, i also created a man named *le ba chi* who accompanied junzhu back to mongol and had been protecting her throughout the three years wait. She was pregnant with twins though. :p

But i like your A san who protected his owner. So loyal, with integrity.

if you guys don't mind reading chinese, and reading my plain storyline.

I shall shamelessly share my A03 link here. :P

https://archiveofourown.org/users/LaurenPanna/works

i can't write exciting stories like you guys, But am contended to do some reflection for the series through this short stories. Now i am at Chapter 15.

• Love 1