[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

3 hours ago, chipz03 said:

I am all for more wuxia/kung fu scenes!!

Although, I personally feel the scene of Wuji remembering his and MM encounter while looking at the box should not be cut as it was quite impactful to build foundation of his deep attraction and feeling for her. 

I was thinking, I remembered in the sshaolin scene when XX has been rescued out of the pit from the three monks, when he heard ZZR,  the way he said her name at that time make me wonder,  perhaps in the uncut version he knew of her bad deeds?  The way he say her name initially seemed quite angry. 

That’s my one beef with this show. All other versions had Xie Xun figure out ZZR was behind the crimes on the island and they nearly had an altercation before the beggar clan came to capture them. That’s why ZZR is so hellbent on winning the fights at Shaolin so she could kill XX. All this got skipped. When ZR told WJ what happened before they got captured “your godfather suddenly went crazy and didn’t recognize me and nearly attacked me, then suddenly I felt dizzy and came to at beggar clan’s place” (something like that), I really thought they were going there... but then nothing. This plot would also make XX’s sacrifice for ZR make sense, but since they didn’t do this his death has no impact I find because I don’t understand it. I wonder if this was one of the plot points they cut.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, chipz03 said:

I am all for more wuxia/kung fu scenes!!

Although, I personally feel the scene of Wuji remembering his and MM encounter while looking at the box should not be cut as it was quite impactful to build foundation of his deep attraction and feeling for her. 

I was thinking, I remembered in the sshaolin scene when XX has been rescued out of the pit from the three monks, when he heard ZZR,  the way he said her name at that time make me wonder,  perhaps in the uncut version he knew of her bad deeds?  The way he say her name initially seemed quite angry. 

15 hours ago, achng said:

So apparently, for TVB episode 28, they deleted the scene of WJ looking at golden box/thinking of ZM, but extended the duelling between WJ and FY.  Seems TVB version is getting good reviews for restoring the deleted wuxia/fight scenes:)

I really love the extended fighting scene between WJ and FY but disappointed that they cut out WJ looking at the golden box.  Why they choose to cut out that scene when they can cut out other scene?  So frustrating!  Oh well, we just have to combined both versions together.  I'm still happy to find the TVB version added those tiny itsy bitsy scenes so we can keep looking forward to it.

Extended fight scene

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/HvqlkF6LJ?fid=1034:4374894235030172

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/Hvv68hGof?fid=1034:4375076145959713

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kimmortal said:

:P It’s cute! I hope there’ll be lots of fluff and smut. I need some happy feelings surrounding my OTP. The last 1/4 of the series is too angsty as it is.

Thanks!  There'll be fluff and soft-smut and some funny ZhouDian (who is rapidly becoming my favorite POV character!) :) But yes, it's mostly silly fun with a hint of reincarnation angst!

Can anyone suggest to me some fan fiction (Eng preferably) for WJ-MinMin-Crown Prince (or any other suitors). I watched the previous versions, and I really like that they added in the Crown Prince story to it. 

Anyway, I was thinking for my gifted and talented fan fic writer friends out there - you should do a fan fiction about the handkerchief. I wish I'm good in writing so I have to live my dreamworld through you guys! 

2 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Is this show good? has alot of replies here. 

Imho, yes it's very good, even though the front half could be a slog in some part. It also suffered overused of slow-mo in earlier episodes. If you don't know anything about HSDS I would recommend you watch from the beginning, especially now that the english sub is available in YT. It is a very good adaptation of a classix wuxia novel. If by episode 24 you still don't like it then you can drop it, I know it seems like a ridiculous request to ask a person to watch until halfway, but that's when one of the most important character show up.

Cheers, hope it helps ^_^   

• Like 2

Okay after watching the FY and WJ extended fight, I am pissed!!! Why didn't they just cut the useless Er Mei daily life, ZR cooking, SQS love life stuffs, even the early Wu dang uncle and child WJ stuff also, aarrrggh!!

Why did they cut WJ's line in the mainland, where he said "Lend it to him"? Just by adding this one line for WJ it changed the whole dynamic, it showed that WJ is the leader, it give WJ a different aura as Jiao Zhu. If WJ didn't say that YX wouldn't give  the sword, aaarrgggh!!! :angry:

Also by doing that awesome movement where WJ took back the sword it gives a whole different gravitas, that WJ already lend it to FY now he's taking it back, it showed, I'M STRONGER THAN YOU, I don't need a sword just the scabbard to shut you down. AARRRGHHH!!!! :tired:

• Like 3

Agree with prev poster that this series is really enjoyable,  well at least for me as well. 

I really like this version although I have several gripes (the slo-mo at the beginning, the rush ending,  the editing in the last couple episodes), but overall very decent adaption. Love the "clean" and brighter setting (pleasant to the eyes) and softer coloured and flowy costumes after being presented with heavier fabric, rich colours in the palace drama lately.

I've watched other versions: 86, 2000 (TVB),  2009, with 2003 and 94 (not completely) and jet li's movie version. I got to say this is my favorite followed by 86 and 2000. This version deviates quite a distance from the novel but the storyline works for me. I can only imagine if this series will be even better if they can broadcast the complete episodes. They seem to pay good attention to this series,  a pity they have to cut down quite a number of episodes that diminish the overall quality. Still very good though. 

I am going to gush about the casts. They are great despite being young and quite new. This is my favorite Wuji p(the main male protagonist) and Zhao Min (the main female protagonist). Their chemistry is just sizzling hot and it gives a deeper feeling when I watched. 

For those who are new to this series or If this is your first time watching, I just want to say that  not everyone is as they seem in the surface so hold your opinions on any of the characters till the end hahaha. 

Spoiler

(perhaps this can be spoilery I would say hold your judgment on the characters till you've watched the whole/to the later episodes as the ones seemingly kind and good are more judgmental and not necessarily good while the so-called enemy is not necessarily bad.  The goods can commit worse crimes than those they branded as evil. 

Also agree that they shouldn't cut ZM-WJ scenes.  I wouldnt cut small WJ and Wudang uncles scenes as well since it build nice foundations as to why he really cares about his Wudang family, and why their acceptance of ZM would mean the world to him (hence he asked her to offer a cup of tea for his uncles). 

I would rather they cut the earlier scenes in Emei where ZR cooked. I felt it is not crucial to the storyline at all (no offense to ZR fans y'all). Sometimes I cannot help myself thinking, why did they cut the main leads scenes while keeping thr 2ndary lead scenes that really not that impactful to the overall storyline. Seriously, sometimes I couldn't help wondering if Someone in the prod team must like ZR so much hahaha. 

Peace all.  No offense or ill intention whatsoever please 

:mrgreen:

• Like 4

5 hours ago, PutriSing said:

Can anyone suggest to me some fan fiction (Eng preferably) for WJ-MinMin-Crown Prince (or any other suitors). I watched the previous versions, and I really like that they added in the Crown Prince story to it. 

Anyway, I was thinking for my gifted and talented fan fic writer friends out there - you should do a fan fiction about the handkerchief. I wish I'm good in writing so I have to live my dreamworld through you guys! 

This morning, i just wrote a short one with crown prince. But it is in CHinese. :P

http://laurenpanna.lofter.com/post/205aced6_1c5ca4601

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Yitian_fan said:

Thanks for sharing- you're the only person I know who writes both English and Chinese fanfic- the rest of us envy your bilingualism!

Thanks Yitian Fan! For your compliment! 

I enjoy reading your fan fic too. If not for your encouragement, I would not have tried writing a fan fic. Really can't thank you enough for the inspiration 

My English is not that strong, can't write as well as you at all,  i can only try simple translate. 

4 hours ago, LaurenPanna said:

This morning, i just wrote a short one with crown prince. But it is in CHinese. :P

http://laurenpanna.lofter.com/post/205aced6_1c5ca4601

I read it anyway with Google translate. :P Not the best translation, but it allows me to understand the main ideas. I like your ending, even if it's short, because it's not burdened by all the angst and sadness of the actual ending.

I feel like the series was on such a high but ended at a low because they bombarded us with so much angst that the last few seconds of that hug in the grasslands didn't erase the feelings we're left with. I wish they could have extended the reunion a little bit. Even Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu got to sit and talk for several onscreen minutes when they reunited. *sigh*

• Like 3

I've been thinking about this especially when I know the ending is very poetic and mirror LOCH 2017. I think the director might have some OCD or I'm just overthinking it since I've been watching it too many times lol:sweat_smile:

Offering tea

KcOAqIB.gif

All of you know what will happen after this gifs end:(

nYgpr5V.gif

Wait for me

Fx8SKqB.gif

aY6f9nE.gif

And the interesting part WJ touch the tombstone at the end, YX touch the tombstone at the start, I didn't make a gif out of it because at the start YX talked about YBH first, the last part is where WJ mirrored YX

Z7pKKiXm.png

These are just a few examples I found, there are still some more, when I have more time I'll make more

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, kimmortal said:

I read it anyway with Google translate. :P Not the best translation, but it allows me to understand the main ideas. I like your ending, even if it's short, because it's not burdened by all the angst and sadness of the actual ending.

I feel like the series was on such a high but ended at a low because they bombarded us with so much angst that the last few seconds of that hug in the grasslands didn't erase the feelings we're left with. I wish they could have extended the reunion a little bit. Even Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu got to sit and talk for several onscreen minutes when they reunited. *sigh*

Thanks for reading it! 

Quite some time ago, I did a short ending fanfic with dialogue added 

This is in English. I tried writing something because I could not let go of the fact that they didn't have much conversation 

Title:

Reunion in Grassland, from this moment on, We shall wander the world together.

- Ji Min Finale.

“I thought you are not coming” Leaning on his shoulder, Minmin raised her head and started to speak.

“Minmin, I told you, no matter where I am, no matter how difficult it is, I will still come back to you……… how have you been doing all these years? There isn’t a moment I stop thinking of you, missing you badly. I can’t wait to fulfill my promise to the country and come back to you. I searched frantically for you . I wanted to come back to you so badly, even if it means losing my life”

Wuji’s eyes filled with love, touched Minmin.

“After Burying Father, I had been staying with my Granny. She dotes on me a lot and is very happy to have my accompaniment. After returning to Mongol, I started living the life I yearned for. But I am not happy at all”

“Because you missed me, you are worried for me. I know” Wuji Smiled, beaming with happiness.

Minmin didn’t answer. She asked, “Wuji, What if I was dead, Or What if I fell in love with someone else? What if I was not in Mongolia at all? And you never get to find me for the rest of your life? What would you do?”

Hearing what she said, Wuji suddenly frowned and look despondent. He ever thought of all these possibilities but did not have the courage to face his fear.

“If you are really dead, I will follow you. When I thought you were killed by your dad, I promised you upon your grave that, Once I fulfilled my mission, I will not let you be lonely again.”

“ If you fell in love with someone else, I will still stay by your side to protect you, I would not let you be bullied by anyone.” Upon finishing his sentence, his eyes filled with tears uncontrollably.

Suddenly, Minmin laughed and said: “Who else would bully me, except you?”

But the moment she saw Wuji’s tormented face, she stopped laughing and look at him lovingly. She ask, “Then, What if you can’t find me for the rest of your life?”

“I don’t know, I dare not even think of that. I will keep searching for you, till the day I died.”

Minmin is very touched to hear that.

Suddenly, She shyly and playfully asked, “Is my hairpin still with you? “ 

Facing her, Wuji look into her eyes and was mersmerized by her beauty. He replied, “Yes, the hairpin and handkerchief are still with me, They represent my promise to you and They give me strength to live and move on. How can I lose them? Shall I put on the hairpin for you?

“Yes” , Minmin smiled.

Minmin finally feel a deep sense of relief. She hugged him tightly after he put on the hairpin for her. Her Wuji has come back to her safely. He is still the innocent boy with a Pure heart. There is nothing she could ever ask for than this. From this moment onwards, they can finally hold hands and wander the world together.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Guys, I need something else to watch. I feel so directionless. :sweatingbullets: I'm suffering from "What do I do now? Syndrome", especially now after the Game of Thrones finale. Everything I was anticipating this year has ended. Finished Avengers: Endgame, Game of Thrones, Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre (both the series AND the novel)... What did I used to do with my life? :lol:

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, kimmortal said:

Guys, I need something else to watch. I feel so directionless. :sweatingbullets: I'm suffering from "What do I do now? Syndrome", especially now after the Game of Thrones finale. Everything I was anticipating this year has ended. Finished Avengers: Endgame, Game of Thrones, Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre (both the series AND the novel)... What did I used to do with my life? :lol:

I need to kick my richard simmons to study for exams 

• LOL 1

25 minutes ago, kimmortal said:

GoT ending sucks, but at least it ended, thank god. Go get a brother/roommate that watch more TV shows than you, hahaha, so you don't have to worry what to watch, just watch whatever they're watching. I'm waiting for The Expanse, a sci-fi show from Amazon, can't wait for that one:D so happy it doesn't get cancelled.