[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, kur4p1k4 said:

@bluesky888  I love this scenes so much that I have to translate it. I only translate until ZZR got taken away. The indentation is to show when the sentences changed to a new one. I hope all of you can follow when watching the video

Reveal hidden contents

Microscopic look at how ZWJ fall in love with ZM

In eps 32 Both main characters are together in close proximity for a long time. They can slowly flirt with each other.

WJ and MM start to follow the model of star crossed lover bickering.

Please savour this MM that has not been hurt yet.

MM: Why are you looking at me? Don’t assume I’m doing all the bad things

小淫贼countdown has started

WJ: I’m just going to see how’s my saviour doing

MM: I’m jealous (but she’s still going to follow them)

WJ: Why are you so close?! I’ll be embarrassed

WJ patiently explain to MM what previously happened

Truth Goddess XZ is online, in martial world this kind of rumour spread quickly, after all WJ-MM is the most successful case.

MM: Ku Da Shi, truly is a mole

WJ: Even though this illegitimate child rumour is not good, but what MM says has some merit

Under the piercing gaze of the wife

MM: You still have some guts, before you said that you two are only friend, do you want to rebel?   

WJ: Ah! How embarrassing, why are you keep looking at me like that. I…I really didn’t do anything (OS: How come I feel guilty)

WJ OS: This ZZR, before she keeps ignoring me, now she’s looking for me for what? Really cannot understand

WJ OS: Ah! Too close! Now that I look at her, MM looks so beautiful, my heart is swayed, I have to hold myself. (You know you can just turn your head, why do you still use your hand to shove it away, you just want touch her)

XZ: Do not dare to look but hastily spoil the warm atmosphere or else I’ll be a third wheel

WJ’s earlobe is becoming red, he’s still pondering MM’s liberal action towards him

MM truly is the best at stirring me up, I can’t help it, I’m really provoked

MM OS: Looking for you what other reason can be, still feigning ignorance

WJ’s gaze is so loving, looking at wife like under a spell

MM: Yo, still making eyes at each others, I underestimated you

WJ OS: Can feel MM’s accusation, doesn’t dare to look guilty. I did not, I was stabbed already! (WJ is so henpecked)

WJ: This one named Ding is so annoying, is she going to stop talking or not? I really want her to shut up already

WJ: I really did not. After I saved her, she ignored me! When did I ever whisper sweet nothing to her?! I only want that with MM……

MM: I assume you would not dare

WJ: This crap! This annoys me! This Ding person sheer nonsense. Even though I never hit a woman, but I really can’t hold it anymore. MM stills misunderstand, I suddenly have a really bad temper.

WJ: Why are you holding me back?!

MM: You really are an idiot. If you go out now, wouldn’t you just reveal your hand and expose yourself. How about you asked me to help you?

MM, you just want to seduce WJ aren’t you

WJ: Why are you being like this? You’re just taking advantage of me!

MM: I AM taking advantage of you. What, do you refuse?

WJ: Let me look at the situation first

MM: Hurry up and ask me

WJ, what are you doing panting so hard, aren’t you embarrassed

WJ: This is so embarrassing, getting dominated by MM but I'm also excited, can't help but lick my mouth

WJ: This hand speed is not bad, little scoundrel seizing opportunity to touch the other person

XZ: I really feel like I have frequently become a third wheel

WJ: Good, good, we still haven’t been found. Still a bit regret having to draw back my hand

MM: A fine sword? Is it Dragon sabre, ZWJ’s godfather’s

WJ: Do not understand at all

WJ: ZZR, even with good posture it won’t be useful

MM: Peanut gallery, just watching

WJ: Oh crap! Time for me to take action. Cannot help but help a damsel in distress personality is coming out

MM: Don’t panic, let’s keep watching,

WJ really listen to MM

WJ-MM: Let’s see whether she’ll eat it or not

Smart MM and Idiot WJ, a perfect match

WJ: What MM say has some truth, I’ll keep watching again

MM already hold WJ back three times. WJ in the end did not go out, it’s proof that he doesn’t really care about ZZR. If that was MM he will go out and fight immediately.

I'll add the forest part later on

@kur4p1k4 Thank you so much! I love your translation and look forward to the next one. :love:

2 hours ago, LaurenPanna said:

What is your most favourite phrase / sentence that come from Wuji that really show his love for ZM? 

I have two. 

1. Even if we can't find the truth forever, i will still believe you. 

This is like, i love you, I trust you. Wow even more romantic than I love you 

2. Him said to monk, in future, i will bring her to Shaolin to pay respect to buddha, to say sorry to show her remorse. 

In my opinion this sentence show him shouldering blame together with her. So man.... 

Here me go!

1. When he cooked the foods and add herb to help her heel faster (I thought this was extra care for MinMin)

2. When he said "Thank you, MinMin and look deeply into her eyes with a smiles"

3. At the forest making the "hairpin and put it on her hair, brush her hair through" You are as beautiful as my Mom

• Like 4
  • Love 1

@kur4p1k4

I really love one of the video that has this title, "very tired after saving the 6 sects members from the Wan An temple fire tower, BUT still very happy, because yeah going to travelling with Minmin soon!!" 

Hahaha i really cannot remember which video is that already but the title really catch my attention 

• LOL 6

I love reading all the fanfic and has always wanted to try writing one. So here we go, my first time ever writing and sharing fanfic :sweatingbullets:.

I tried to write about the last episode until ZM and WJ reunion.i t's long and winding with nothinv really new, and perhaps the tone was sombre (been feeling down lately,  so it kinda reflected perhaps :grin:) Slight Alternate Universe (AU)  type for some of the characterizations. I put in spoilers to avoid long wall of post hahaha.  Hope you all like it. Sorry for any inaccuracies. No ill intention whatsoever please:blush:

Spoiler

Three summers.

Almost three summers have passed ever since Zhao Min bid her forever farewell to Zhang Jiaozhu and left central plain forever. 

Zhang Jiaozhu.

That name brought back the memories of their parting that summer day. The day she finally admitted her defeat in her perilous gambles for the Wuji she used to know. She had been betting everything for her Wuji, for him to finally be honest to himself, to let himself be free to chase what he really wanted.

But that fateful day has sealed away all her dreams forever. She knew that she had lost. For so long that Zhang Jiaozhu still stood in front of her,  she knew she would not find her old Wuji back,  and it was time for her to face her reality. 

That man who was standing in front of her, wearing his white clothes befitting the unbeatable leader of the sect that led the fights against her dynasty, whose long hair neatly rest past his shoulder, was not her Wuji.

He was not the young man who wore rough cotton clothes, with his hair up on a simple bun, whose eyes shone when they shared their dreams of the beautiful future travelling the world over the boiling hotpot. She could not find that old Wuji who tickled her foot at the manor.

That man in front of her was Zhang Jiaozhu, the leader who had kept himself entangled in the conflict because of his chosen allegiance to his brothers. Those brothers who had went behind his back and plotted her father's demise.  She was not sure if he could ever extricate himself from all the expectations that befell upon him during these power struggles, and she could not care anymore. This Zhang Jiaozhu was not her beloved Wuji. 

“I could use all my life to want you, but I could also use all my life to let go of you. I will never bother Zhang Jiaozhu anymore, and I hope Zhang Jiaozhu will not bother me anymore as well” was the last words she uttered to Zhang Jiaozhu before she threw away the wooden hairpin and took her steps away from him. Despite the pained look on his tearful eyes, the eyes that, for a split moment, still reminded her of the old Wuji, she was determined to not spare a look back as she took her steps away from him, and she never looked back. 

With every step she took, she uttered her sincerest prayer for her father and her deepest apologies for him, her brother, and her families. With each step too, her resolutions to leave Zhang Jiaozhu got stronger. She knew she could survive without him, and she would survive without him. She would never pin for Zhang Jiaozhu anymore, could no longer wish for the man she left behind. She now realized that her love was not for Zhang Jiaozhu.  Never Zhang Jiaozhu.

She had no qualm severing her ties with zhang Jiaozhu but for her beloved Zhang Wuji, if she could ever find him again, she had made an oath to never love anyone else. Until the day her Wuji came back to her, if there was ever that day, she will live her life alone. Even if it takes a lifetime, she will wait for her Wuji to return. Not Zhang Jiaozhu. Never Zhang Jiaozhu.

Three summers have almost passed, and she never wavered on her oath. 

She had prepared herself for a lifetime of loneliness and solitude when she left the city, although it had been a great comfort to find that her brother has joined her when she buried their father besides their mother’s grave. Her tired heart had regained consolation and strength when she knew that her brother could ever forgive her foolishness and even arranged for their loyal vassal, A San and his new family to accompany her through her journey back to their homeland. Their company had given her solace, as she found old bonds that had withstood the years of war and upheaval, old loyalties that reminded her of her old life. Before she met Zhang Wuji. With them beside her, the journey had been smooth and safe, and she slowly regained herself back. 

This is the third summer since she said her goodbye to Zhang Jiaozhu.

She remembered the day she and her company finally reached the grassland. Her beautiful land. She was born and raised in the central plain, but she always loved when her mother told her about the beauty of their grassland. ‘If one day you can step your foot on the beautiful grassland, look around you for the vast greeneries, the clear river, the blue skies’ her mother used to say, with eyes filled with longing. She wondered if looking at those secret longing on her mother’s clear eyes that had unconsciously galvanized this yearning inside her to live her life freely, a dream that she once shared with her Wuji. 

She has lived her life alone simply as Zhao Min in her beautiful grassland. A San and his family have established their new abode nearby, while she chose the most secluded part on the piece of land that belonged to her family. She thanked heaven for her brother. She was no longer Min Min the princess, but her brother still instructed A San to secretly arrange for her to settle in their land. For her brother, she had picked herself up. She took the duties to herd the sheep, taking care of herself, moving on.

But she never forgets her oath to her Wuji. She has kindly and steadfastly rejected many offers for her hand from many in this new place. She could do what she promised she would do, and she did. She treasured new friendships she forged in her new place but she retired to her solitude at nights. She didn’t regret it, she would never regret it. 

Three summers have almost gone.

The weather suggested that the third summer would soon be gone as well, but Zhao Min still steadfastly waited for her Wuji to return. Not Zhang Jiaozhu. Never Zhang Jiaozhu. 

She wore her blue clothes today, her hair adorned with her favourite headpiece. She offered her prayers to heaven for her parents, and for her brother's safe return from the war, like she has always done in these past three summers, before she patiently herded her flock of sheep. It didn't take her long to realize one of the lambs were left behind. So focused was she on her little lamb that she did not notice a man was running toward her. A blue handkerchief in his hand.

“Min min…”

That voice stopped her dead on her track. That voice. The sound of the name that she has long forgotten. But she couldn't turn around, she did not want to turn around. What if that voice belongs to the man whom she has said goodbye to almost three summer ago? What if that voice belong to Zhang Jiaozhu, not her Wuji? 

“Min-min…is that you?”

The sound of him calling her name finally forced her to slowly turn around. She felt the minutes passed by slowly as he started to enter her line of sight.

And she finally saw him again, this man, wearing rough cotton clothes with his hair up on simple bun. Her old Wuji. Floods of emotion that she has long guarded washed over her. 

"Why only now you come?"

So much things she wanted to say, so many questions she wanted to ask, but she could only uttered that one question. She has been waiting for this Wuji to return to her for so long and she finally found him. Not Zhang Jiazhu, never Zhang Jiaozhu.

And heck yeah for Avengers: End Game. Whatever it takes!:mrgreen:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, LaurenPanna said:

What is your most favourite phrase / sentence that come from Wuji that really show his love for ZM? 

I like a lot of their scenes and dialogue together. On the top of my head are:

1. When he said that he will marry MinMin and that goal won't change.

2. The island scene "Don't be scare. I will protect you" 

3. When his uncle was trying to burst into minmin's room and kill her, that entire scene where he basically said NO and if anyone who tries will have to go through him. :wub:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, LaurenPanna said:

The raining scene.

Why wouldn't I return? I know you are waiting for me, no matter where I am (?), I will always come back to your side.

The coffin scene.

MinMin, I don't care what you think. I'll definitely go look for you.  After I finished the duties I promised, no matter where you are(?). I'll definitely bring you back to my side.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, LaurenPanna said:

3 hours ago, kur4p1k4 said:

@bluesky888  I love this scenes so much that I have to translate it. I only translate until ZZR got taken away. The indentation is to show when the sentences changed to a new one. I hope all of you can follow when watching the video

Reveal hidden contents

Microscopic look at how ZWJ fall in love with ZM

In eps 32 Both main characters are together in close proximity for a long time. They can slowly flirt with each other.

WJ and MM start to follow the model of star crossed lover bickering.

Please savour this MM that has not been hurt yet.

MM: Why are you looking at me? Don’t assume I’m doing all the bad things

小淫贼countdown has started

WJ: I’m just going to see how’s my saviour doing

MM: I’m jealous (but she’s still going to follow them)

WJ: Why are you so close?! I’ll be embarrassed

WJ patiently explain to MM what previously happened

Truth Goddess XZ is online, in martial world this kind of rumour spread quickly, after all WJ-MM is the most successful case.

MM: Ku Da Shi, truly is a mole

WJ: Even though this illegitimate child rumour is not good, but what MM says has some merit

Under the piercing gaze of the wife

MM: You still have some guts, before you said that you two are only friend, do you want to rebel?   

WJ: Ah! How embarrassing, why are you keep looking at me like that. I…I really didn’t do anything (OS: How come I feel guilty)

WJ OS: This ZZR, before she keeps ignoring me, now she’s looking for me for what? Really cannot understand

WJ OS: Ah! Too close! Now that I look at her, MM looks so beautiful, my heart is swayed, I have to hold myself. (You know you can just turn your head, why do you still use your hand to shove it away, you just want touch her)

XZ: Do not dare to look but hastily spoil the warm atmosphere or else I’ll be a third wheel

WJ’s earlobe is becoming red, he’s still pondering MM’s liberal action towards him

MM truly is the best at stirring me up, I can’t help it, I’m really provoked

MM OS: Looking for you what other reason can be, still feigning ignorance

WJ’s gaze is so loving, looking at wife like under a spell

MM: Yo, still making eyes at each others, I underestimated you

WJ OS: Can feel MM’s accusation, doesn’t dare to look guilty. I did not, I was stabbed already! (WJ is so henpecked)

WJ: This one named Ding is so annoying, is she going to stop talking or not? I really want her to shut up already

WJ: I really did not. After I saved her, she ignored me! When did I ever whisper sweet nothing to her?! I only want that with MM……

MM: I assume you would not dare

WJ: This crap! This annoys me! This Ding person sheer nonsense. Even though I never hit a woman, but I really can’t hold it anymore. MM stills misunderstand, I suddenly have a really bad temper.

WJ: Why are you holding me back?!

MM: You really are an idiot. If you go out now, wouldn’t you just reveal your hand and expose yourself. How about you asked me to help you?

MM, you just want to seduce WJ aren’t you

WJ: Why are you being like this? You’re just taking advantage of me!

MM: I AM taking advantage of you. What, do you refuse?

WJ: Let me look at the situation first

MM: Hurry up and ask me

WJ, what are you doing panting so hard, aren’t you embarrassed

WJ: This is so embarrassing, getting dominated by MM but I'm also excited, can't help but lick my mouth

WJ: This hand speed is not bad, little scoundrel seizing opportunity to touch the other person

XZ: I really feel like I have frequently become a third wheel

WJ: Good, good, we still haven’t been found. Still a bit regret having to draw back my hand

MM: A fine sword? Is it Dragon sabre, ZWJ’s godfather’s

WJ: Do not understand at all

WJ: ZZR, even with good posture it won’t be useful

MM: Peanut gallery, just watching

WJ: Oh crap! Time for me to take action. Cannot help but help a damsel in distress personality is coming out

MM: Don’t panic, let’s keep watching,

WJ really listen to MM

WJ-MM: Let’s see whether she’ll eat it or not

Smart MM and Idiot WJ, a perfect match

WJ: What MM say has some truth, I’ll keep watching again

MM already hold WJ back three times. WJ in the end did not go out, it’s proof that he doesn’t really care about ZZR. If that was MM he will go out and fight immediately.

I'll add the forest part later on

Forest part

Spoiler

WJ, your martial art is already so high, can anybody really stop you, it’s just because deep in your heart you trust MM

MM: If you want to talk, let’s talk. No need to keep tugging at me, my feeling is still uneasy

MM: This little scoundrel, only care about woman, even his own godfather he forgot already

WJ: I don’t understand, my brain is no good

MM: If you want to know you better do what I tell you, after you do then I’ll tell you (she really just wants to tease him to vent her anger)

3-year-old WJ is on stage, really you’re not lying to me?

WJ: I’m still trying to think a bit, I mean I’m still a sect leader right. I still want my reputation intact

In Chinese 36 Stratagems, it was written that to capture one's target, you must first let it loose

Hold dear this one smile of MM

MM: Say it again (she really knows how to tease)

With a grumbling stare, he knows she definitely already heard it. Ah, if only I’m smarter I won’t be taken advantage by you.

WJ is totally under MM’s grasp, from his manner of speaking and how he looks at her, he doesn’t want to give in but is also helpless to fight back

WJ: I still don’t understand

MM: Ah, this playboy, it's because I like you, if not I won’t even take you along

WJ OS: She’s talking nonsense again  

MM: I’ll give you a hint

WJ: What is it? I still don’t understand

MM: Ay, this wooden-headed fool. I have to say everything clearly then he can understand

Teacher MM: I’ll give you another hint

WJ: This question I know the answer, so happy!

MM: Finally!

WJ OS: MM is so smart

WJ OS: I adore you. MM is right if I just follow her, she’ll always point me to the right direction

WJ OS: True! Right, right, right, what MM says is right, if I just listen to MM everything will be fine

MM: I better hurry and find a suitable arrangement for this third wheel

WJ: Right, you see, what MM said has some merit

MM: Forget it, this soft hearted ZWJ I reckon will agree to her request

MM: I don’t need to see. This wretched situation I’ve seen a lot, I’ll just let him take this scene

WJ: Looking at MM : Please help me!

I don’t want bring her but I also don’t have the heart to reject, if she really kill herself what should I do. I’m at loss how to manage this

MM: Your own problem solve it yourself. Don’t keep asking me to clear up your mess

WJ: You’re not helping me. Ah! Fine, I’ll just agree to XZ request

MM: As expected, soft hearted! So infuriating!

MM: I’m angry but also cannot show it. Or else it seems like I’m concerned over such minor things. That’s not my style

WJ’s expression is very gentle and careful so as not to fan more of the wife’s anger  

WJ OS: You, stop nagging already. Just now you didn’t help me say anything, now that it has become like this let’s just see how it goes. (He wants to complain a bit)

MM: This wishy-washy ZWJ, why do I even like you so much.

WJ OS: I already fall in your hands. Wants to get close but also have tell myself not to get too close. How tiring.  

There is a certain feeling on this scene after the boy and the girl agree to go out together, however when it is time to go out, the girl is still doing her makeup and deliberately wasting time

WJ OS: Why is she still acting so leisurely?

WJ OS: Hurry up finish your makeup, stop being so slow, are we going out or not? (cannot help but grumble)

MM: Just wait for a bit, I just applied eyeshadow, I have to slowly draw it

WJ: Can you hurry it up, you’re already beautiful anyway. The sun is almost gone by the mountain already and we’re still not out the door

MM: I don’t want to, I will draw it slowly

WJ: Still applying that thing, vexed me to death!

MM: It’s rare to have a long weekend, of course I want to look as pretty as possible

WJ OS: This girl! She’s been doing it for 2 hours already. I don’t want to wait anymore. I’m going out by myself.

WJ: What is she planning? I really cannot guess

WJ OS: I really cannot follow MM’s thinking, I'll try to think again

WJ: Finally, she’s done

Done! Hope all of you enjoy it and it's understandable. Apologies for the sloppy translation:P

Cheers!

Edited by kur4p1k4
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, ildiz said:

I'm in Seoul. I've never heard that they will dub the HSDS 2019 in Korean. I also doubt they will do since Korean viewers prefer a drama with subtitles to dubbed one. 

And yes. Finally!! :D:lol: The HSDS 2019 will be aired TONIGHT in Korea with subtitles. I'm so excited to see this drama with Korean subtitles. I also hope they include the cut scenes but it's very unlikely. I think they will release the same version as it was aired in China.  As you can see in the preview below,  they just put Korean subtitles on the same preview. -_-

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av50313583?from=search&seid=7752793625256258453

BUT, if they include any cut scenes, I'll let you guys know for sure. B)

Please let us know if it's going to be 50 episodes, 60 minutes/ep (Weibo source).  If that's the case the Korean version might include some cut scenes.

• Like 1

Regarding WJ-ZR,  their childhood memories still not qualified as childhood sweethearts for me personally. They forged their childhood friendship, absolutely. But I am not sure I would call them childhood sweetheart. 

I am not even convinced he ever loved her,  to be honest.  He likes her (just like he likes the other girls. Uurgh,  can be infuriating sometimes <_<), he adores her (albeit more because of their childhood memories instead of the present ZR, I suspect), so I think ZR definitely can be considered his childhood fond memories/2nd crush/infatuation (his first infatuation would be the Zhu (?) lady with dogs that he met) . Ultimately though,  true and last love that has withstood  and survived all the ups and downs of life and temptations won over childhood crush/infatuations or even first love.:glasses:

Now,  for personal favorite WJ-MM moments, i have a lot.  Perhaps I'll put more details in future posts, but some of my ultimate favorites:

1. After she saved him from his unwanted betrothal. These moments, especially from the farmer's house,  are just too sweet. Simple yet effective in showing how compatible they are and also sweet. 

2. When he found out she's alive.  Wheew.. The relief he must have felt, shown by his grinning face in the following scenes lol. 

3. Whenever he stood up for his Min min,  especially: shielding her from ZR on the almost wedding day,  asserting his authority againts the members and his uncle who wanted to harm her. That's very man hahaha. 

4. Their early banter and flirting. 

5. I might be in the minority for this, but I love their last breakup scene. You see a different picture,  where ZM was resolute in her decision to let go of WJ,  while WJ was not willing to let go. It's nice to see that he is actually willing to fight for her, even after she rejected him,  instead of her fighting for him. Sounds mean but I am glad WJ learned his lessons so I hope he treated Min min well after their reunion in the grassland :lol:

Edited to add:

It's a pity If they chose to cut out the poem part in ZCS death scene, as I like that part. For me,  that part was very memorable and provide a heart wrenching flow to his ultimate death. :tears:

Peace all

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, taeunfighting said:

I'm no ZR fan, but weren't WJ and ZR considered childhood sweethearts or is that a bit of stretch?  Would love to hear your thoughts.

General consensus is that term belongs to YBH, since in the original novel WJ/ZZR met and parted within the same day, whereas WJ/YBH spent several months travelling thousands of miles together.  To be honest, I don't think that term applies to any of the girls in his childhood. But I guess for the drama, they want to hype up the love triangle between WJ/ZM/ZZR so they're promoting it this way.

I read a few pages back that TVB cut out some poetry that ZCS recited before his death?  I just watched the TVB version but all the lines are still there.  So confusing, I wonder if there are multiple versions floating around:sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, chipz03 said:

1. After she saved him from his unwanted betrothal. These moments, especially from the farmer's house,  are just too sweet. Simple yet effective in showing how compatible they are and also sweet. 

ZM said a few times that her intention was never to crash the wedding, it's purely to bring him to find XX.  Is that true though?  The timing seems impeccable given she appeared right before WJ and ZR were supposed to bow to each other...

5 minutes ago, achng said:

ZM said a few times that her intention was never to crash the wedding, it's purely to bring him to find XX.  Is that true though?  The timing seems impeccable given she appeared right before WJ and ZR were supposed to bow to each other...

ZM never intending to crash the wedding is the same as WJ angry with ZM for forcing him to leave the wedding. Both so NOT true!

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

36 minutes ago, jackieusa said:

Please let us know if it's going to be 50 episodes, 60 minutes/ep (Weibo source).  If that's the case the Korean version might include some cut scenes.

Sure. But don't keep your expectations too high. B) It's unlikely that a KR version has any cut scenes. :sweatingbullets:

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, achng said:

11 minutes ago, taeunfighting said:

ZM never intending to crash the wedding is the same as WJ angry with ZM for forcing him to leave the wedding. Both so NOT true!

In my country, we have awarded ZM as the 'temptress who have the approval of 5M viewers' 

Hope these answers your curiosity. ZM was never chivalrous enough to begin with. She used tricks, poison, bribe, threats and traps (yes, you can add the list) in her operations.  These are given as her background in mongolian military. You can not do everything openly in order to win you must attack and use your opponents weakness precisely. 

That's why the last 2 eps are very disappointing for me as someone like ZM can accept and arrange truce talks. This is an insult to her intelligence because she must know ahead that this is purely trap for RYW. 

This is the reason why i arranging fanfic for the last 2 eps. The show failed to give me good closure so i'm making one by myself besides the story deviates already.

Grassland Reunion PART 3 Translation.

Credit to Weibo writer (Her original link below)

https://media.weibo.cn/article?id=2309404363901264347349

Translated article in Spoiler:

Spoiler

The Auntie continued “It is even interesting to note that, this wiltful woman give her Son a weird name. Don’t you think it is Weird? Who would give their child such a name? Nian Niu? Cow? It is not nice at all. Doesn’t sound very auspicious to me.”

“What? Please say again!” Wuji couldn’t believe what he has just heard. He was Tearing uncontrollably at first, But when he heard of the name “Nian Niu” being mentioned, he instantly Stunned and dare not believe what he has just heard.

“I will say again then. You don’t have to talk in this kind of tone. Her son’s name is “Nian Niu”. Understand now? Why are you crying and laughing at the same time? Are you crazy?”

Auntie said impatiently. Can’t be bothered with Wuji, she walked away quickly, fearing that he may turn crazy and attack her.

Zhang Wuji felt like every single blood cell in his body has been frozed. He has a daring assumption that Nian Niu is his son. But he just did not dare to believe it. He did not want to be disappointed if this is not the truth that he wanted to hear.

He remembered that he used to name himself Zeng Ah Niu. How would he not know the reason why Minmin name her son Nian Niu?

Nian Niu Nian Niu – Missing Niu Missing Niu – Missing Zeng Ah Niu.

Suddenly, he is able to put bits and pieces together. Minmin is such a smart and confident lady. How would she marry anyone just like that? They both promised each other to stay together forever. He knows that she had forsaken the country and her family for his sake. How would she give up their relationship that easily? They love each other deeply. How would Minmin accept any other men that easily?

It must be that night! The night when he came back from Shaolin. It was raining heavily. They became husband and wife that Night. He strongly believe that this child is a result of the intimacy they had together. Nian Niu is his flesh and blood! How wonderful ! Little did he expect that they would have a child after those sweet moments.  

Thinking of the Sweet and intimate moments they both shared, Wuji felt happy and comforted.

Then, suddenly, he thought of what he had done. Refusing to leave with Minmin to Mongol, hurt her deeply. Minmin was all alone, being pregnant. She must have suffered a lot. She live alone all by herself. She has no one to care for her when she is sick. What if her old injuries acted up and had no one to turn to all those years?

He felt lousy and irresponsible as a husband. He is not even sure if she eat well and sleep well all these years? Whether their baby gave her hard time?  She has been facing Criticism all these years and he didn’t even know and can’t even be there to support her. He is such jerk, he thought to himself.

He is really grateful to Minmin for bearing him a child. This child is the best gift from the heaven. He need to see Minmin and their child as soon as possible, and tell them personally that he is wrong, he will use a whole lifetime to make amendments to them. He yearns to embrace Minmin, comfort her and let her know that he will never leave her again. He will take good care of both of them.

His heart is in pain. He owe her too much.

He quickened his pace on his way to look for Minmin. He can’t wait to hear it from Minmin personally, that Nian Niu is their Child.

Upon reaching her tent but he did not enter it, he said, “Minmin, I know you are inside. There is something I wish to ask you. Only you can tell me the truth.”

Minmin and Granny are trying to coax the Little one to sleep.

Minmin thought to herself. “The day I fear most is finally here. Blood is thicker than Water. He will find out about this child sooner or later. But She did not wish for him to find out. She did not want to have anything to do with him again. They have already been separated for 2 years and there are already a gap between them.

“Zhang Wu Ji, It is so late now. What do you want from me? “

“Minmin, please tell me that Nian Niu is our child. Is it because of that night?

Upon hearing that, Minmin frozed, she was holding her hands together very tightly with finger nails piercing through her skin that nearly bleed.

She cannot tell him the Truth! She want to have a complete break from him.

Zhao Min ah Zhao Min, it has been 2 years. You have been through the worst. You have been living peacefully all these years. You can do without him. You must be firm. Never be soft hearted!

“Mister Zhang, please stop joking. Yes you are right, I have a child now. But he is not yours.”  Minmin replied to Wuji who is outside of the Tent.

“Minmin, please don’t lie to me, If he is not mine, why did you call him Nian Niu?”

Minmin panicked. But she remain firm in her tone, and said , “Mister Zhang. Please do not read too much into it. I randomly pick this name. Nothing to do with you at all. My Child’s father has a Cow. The Cow is a symbol of our Love. So I name him to commemorate the cow.”

Now Zhao Min is truly regretful for coming out with this ridiculous name without giving much thought to it. So, she cooked up a reason to lie to Wuji.

Wuji laughed. Only Minmin would think of such a lousy excuse. In the past, he may just believe her words. But now, after experienced so much, he is no longer that Silly and foolish Zeng Ah Niu. .

“Minmin, you don’t have to lie to me. Nian Niu is our Child. I know. If he is not my son, then who is his father? I did not see you talking to any other man all these while. You lied to me, right?”

He said this with much careful thought, he feared that Minmin would push him away again.

“Zhang Wuji, His father has passed away due to illness. We got married without informing anyone. His illness came in a sudden and He passed away just like that. I feel very lucky to have married my husband. Please stop doubting my love for him. I love him and he love me deeply too.” She replied Firmly and seriously.

Zhang Wuji almost stopped breathing hearing that. He does not believe. His heart is now in pain. But he understand how Minmin feels. He is willing to wait for her to put down her grudges towards him and come back to him. He will treat her well and tell her, he has been waiting for her.

“Minmin, why did you go against your heart and lie to me? I know you are still angry and refuse to forgive me. But why won’t you admit that Nian Niu is my son?  I want the truth.”

Minmin closed her eyes and shout fiercely “ZWJ! Listen carefully! Nian Niu is my husband’s Son. My Husband is already dead. Although he is no longer with me, I do not allow you to insult him behind his back. Please do not think that I still love you. I already said. I sacrifice so much to be with you. But you hurt me because of your Brothers. 2 years ago, I already decided that I do not want you anymore. I have no more feelings for you. Why would I bear a child for you? Even the wooden hairpin is destroyed, We have nothing to do with each other anymore!”

She collapsed on the floor after she finished her piece. She had no more strength left. She fought back her tears, pretend nothing has ever happen and that She is just bidding farewell to a stranger.

But She started crying uncontrollably. She wanted to hurt him on purpose to make him leave. But her heart is in pain that she could not breathe anymore.

She knows that he is hurt too. But both of them has a gap now. Everything about them were in the past. What exists between them are grudges and family hatred. She need to end it here and now. She must not be soft hearted.

Wuji is heartbroken. Why would Minmin marry other man? He cannot accept this truth. He wish that time could turn back. IF he is given another chance to turn back time, he will not hesitate and leave with Minmin. But all is too late. So what if he is highly skilled in martial arts? So what if he is good with so many things? He has lost Minmin’s heart.

Both of them are just physically a few steps apart but it feels like a distance away.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

16 minutes ago, taeunfighting said:

Both of them are not willing to back down.  It's fun to hear WJ said "If you think the reason I saved you is because I still have feeling for you, you can just give it up"  Lastly "You used my godfather's life to threaten me to run away from my wedding.  I did not even have a chance to explain to ZR.  You make me become a bad person.  I don't want to be with you for this life time, and I also don't care if you're dead or alive"  So did he mean, if MM didn't crash his wedding, after marrying ZR, he still want to be with MM in this life time. :unsure:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

9 minutes ago, graceeedwardmom said:

In my country, we have awarded ZM as the 'temptress who have the approval of 5M viewers' 

Hope these answers your curiosity. ZM was never chivalrous enough to begin with. She used tricks, poison, bribe, threats and traps (yes, you can add the list) in her operations.  These are given as her background in mongolian military. You can not do everything openly in order to win you must attack and use your opponents weakness precisely. 

That's why the last 2 eps are very disappointing for me as someone like ZM can accept and arrange truce talks. This is an insult to her intelligence because she must know ahead that this is purely trap for RYW. 

This is the reason why i arranging fanfic for the last 2 eps. The show failed to give me good closure so i'm making one by myself besides the story deviates already.

I dislike the last 2 eps also, but at least I would like to defend ZM here.

She agreed to arrange the truce because it's a truce talk with ZWJ the leader of the Ming sect which by all account an honorable person. The fact that RYW also accept it is also  precisely because of ZWJ's reputation and he thought he still has Xuan Ming elders loyalty. Truce talk is always dangerous in ancient times, but usually you still goes if you know the war is going nowhere or going badly either for you or for the other person, or the other party is honorable enough not to stab you in the back the moment you loosen your guard. It's not about intelligence but sometimes you just have to trust that the other party won't act dishonorably.

ZM knows his father won't act dishonorably, no matter what is said about Mongolian ruthlessness, they are still known to at least never harmed diplomat or peace envoy unless you kill their envoy first. What ZM did not expect was ZWJ's subordinate plotting behind his back, she really only thinks that they want to kill ZWJ to take over the Ming sect not disobeying him and pretty much smear his good name as an honorable person. After this there will never be any truce talk between Ming and Yuan dynasty ever since ZWJ cannot be trusted to keep the unwritten rule of parley.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

27 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

Grassland Reunion PART 3 Translation.

Credit to Weibo writer (Her original link below)

https://media.weibo.cn/article?id=2309404363901264347349

Translated article in Spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

The Auntie continued “It is even interesting to note that, this wiltful woman give her Son a weird name. Don’t you think it is Weird? Who would give their child such a name? Nian Niu? Cow? It is not nice at all. Doesn’t sound very auspicious to me.”

“What? Please say again!” Wuji couldn’t believe what he has just heard. He was Tearing uncontrollably at first, But when he heard of the name “Nian Niu” being mentioned, he instantly Stunned and dare not believe what he has just heard.

“I will say again then. You don’t have to talk in this kind of tone. Her son’s name is “Nian Niu”. Understand now? Why are you crying and laughing at the same time? Are you crazy?”

Auntie said impatiently. Can’t be bothered with Wuji, she walked away quickly, fearing that he may turn crazy and attack her.

Zhang Wuji felt like every single blood cell in his body has been frozed. He has a daring assumption that Nian Niu is his son. But he just did not dare to believe it. He did not want to be disappointed if this is not the truth that he wanted to hear.

He remembered that he used to name himself Zeng Ah Niu. How would he not know the reason why Minmin name her son Nian Niu?

Nian Niu Nian Niu – Missing Niu Missing Niu – Missing Zeng Ah Niu.

Suddenly, he is able to put bits and pieces together. Minmin is such a smart and confident lady. How would she marry anyone just like that? They both promised each other to stay together forever. He knows that she had forsaken the country and her family for his sake. How would she give up their relationship that easily? They love each other deeply. How would Minmin accept any other men that easily?

It must be that night! The night when he came back from Shaolin. It was raining heavily. They became husband and wife that Night. He strongly believe that this child is a result of the intimacy they had together. Nian Niu is his flesh and blood! How wonderful ! Little did he expect that they would have a child after those sweet moments.  

Thinking of the Sweet and intimate moments they both shared, Wuji felt happy and comforted.

Then, suddenly, he thought of what he had done. Refusing to leave with Minmin to Mongol, hurt her deeply. Minmin was all alone, being pregnant. She must have suffered a lot. She live alone all by herself. She has no one to care for her when she is sick. What if her old injuries acted up and had no one to turn to all those years?

He felt lousy and irresponsible as a husband. He is not even sure if she eat well and sleep well all these years? Whether their baby gave her hard time?  She has been facing Criticism all these years and he didn’t even know and can’t even be there to support her. He is such jerk, he thought to himself.

He is really grateful to Minmin for bearing him a child. This child is the best gift from the heaven. He need to see Minmin and their child as soon as possible, and tell them personally that he is wrong, he will use a whole lifetime to make amendments to them. He yearns to embrace Minmin, comfort her and let her know that he will never leave her again. He will take good care of both of them.

His heart is in pain. He owe her too much.

He quickened his pace on his way to look for Minmin. He can’t wait to hear it from Minmin personally, that Nian Niu is their Child.

Upon reaching her tent but he did not enter it, he said, “Minmin, I know you are inside. There is something I wish to ask you. Only you can tell me the truth.”

Minmin and Granny are trying to coax the Little one to sleep.

Minmin thought to herself. “The day I fear most is finally here. Blood is thicker than Water. He will find out about this child sooner or later. But She did not wish for him to find out. She did not want to have anything to do with him again. They have already been separated for 2 years and there are already a gap between them.

“Zhang Wu Ji, It is so late now. What do you want from me? “

“Minmin, please tell me that Nian Niu is our child. Is it because of that night?

Upon hearing that, Minmin frozed, she was holding her hands together very tightly with finger nails piercing through her skin that nearly bleed.

She cannot tell him the Truth! She want to have a complete break from him.

Zhao Min ah Zhao Min, it has been 2 years. You have been through the worst. You have been living peacefully all these years. You can do without him. You must be firm. Never be soft hearted!

“Mister Zhang, please stop joking. Yes you are right, I have a child now. But he is not yours.”  Minmin replied to Wuji who is outside of the Tent.

“Minmin, please don’t lie to me, If he is not mine, why did you call him Nian Niu?”

Minmin panicked. But she remain firm in her tone, and said , “Mister Zhang. Please do not read too much into it. I randomly pick this name. Nothing to do with you at all. My Child’s father has a Cow. The Cow is a symbol of our Love. So I name him to commemorate the cow.”

Now Zhao Min is truly regretful for coming out with this ridiculous name without giving much thought to it. So, she cooked up a reason to lie to Wuji.

Wuji laughed. Only Minmin would think of such a lousy excuse. In the past, he may just believe her words. But now, after experienced so much, he is no longer that Silly and foolish Zeng Ah Niu. .

“Minmin, you don’t have to lie to me. Nian Niu is our Child. I know. If he is not my son, then who is his father? I did not see you talking to any other man all these while. You lied to me, right?”

He said this with much careful thought, he feared that Minmin would push him away again.

“Zhang Wuji, His father has passed away due to illness. We got married without informing anyone. His illness came in a sudden and He passed away just like that. I feel very lucky to have married my husband. Please stop doubting my love for him. I love him and he love me deeply too.” She replied Firmly and seriously.

Zhang Wuji almost stopped breathing hearing that. He does not believe. His heart is now in pain. But he understand how Minmin feels. He is willing to wait for her to put down her grudges towards him and come back to him. He will treat her well and tell her, he has been waiting for her.

“Minmin, why did you go against your heart and lie to me? I know you are still angry and refuse to forgive me. But why won’t you admit that Nian Niu is my son?  I want the truth.”

Minmin closed her eyes and shout fiercely “ZWJ! Listen carefully! Nian Niu is my husband’s Son. My Husband is already dead. Although he is no longer with me, I do not allow you to insult him behind his back. Please do not think that I still love you. I already said. I sacrifice so much to be with you. But you hurt me because of your Brothers. 2 years ago, I already decided that I do not want you anymore. I have no more feelings for you. Why would I bear a child for you? Even the wooden hairpin is destroyed, We have nothing to do with each other anymore!”

She collapsed on the floor after she finished her piece. She had no more strength left. She fought back her tears, pretend nothing has ever happen and that She is just bidding farewell to a stranger.

But She started crying uncontrollably. She wanted to hurt him on purpose to make him leave. But her heart is in pain that she could not breathe anymore.

She knows that he is hurt too. But both of them has a gap now. Everything about them were in the past. What exists between them are grudges and family hatred. She need to end it here and now. She must not be soft hearted.

Wuji is heartbroken. Why would Minmin marry other man? He cannot accept this truth. He wish that time could turn back. IF he is given another chance to turn back time, he will not hesitate and leave with Minmin. But all is too late. So what if he is highly skilled in martial arts? So what if he is good with so many things? He has lost Minmin’s heart.

Both of them are just physically a few steps apart but it feels like a distance away.  

Thank you Lauren. Can’t wait for part 4.