[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

19 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

I believe they cut to let minmin appear earlier. Because tvb is very into ZM. They know their audience 

I just read that the team confirm that there were initially about 70 episodes but cut to 50. They are still not sure if they will release the cut scenes 

https://m.weibo.cn/1807125770/4364683949292545

Oh please let them release the cut scenes!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

I believe they cut to let minmin appear earlier. Because tvb is very into ZM. They know their audience 

I just read that the team confirm that there were initially about 70 episodes but cut to 50. They are still not sure if they will release the cut scenes 

https://m.weibo.cn/1807125770/4364683949292545

Did the team actually confirm it or is it just speculation? 20 episodes worth of cut scenes sound crazy and unrealistic. 

2 minutes ago, dramagirlslove said:

Did the team actually confirm it or is it just speculation? 20 episodes worth of cut scenes sound crazy and unrealistic. 

It seems like they kinda confirm it via their reply in weibo to a question pose by the fan

1 hour ago, AppleBanana said:

So I hate that in the last ep WJ stood in the way of ZM killing the dude that killed her dad, but I love that scene of her throwing the sword. She was so BA.

Oh yes, that sword throwing is phenomenal. What would be better is if that whole darn sign fall off the wall. Take that you hypocritical Ming Sect. 

1 hour ago, LaurenPanna said:

Someone spotted the name of Mongol Prince in credits but lamented that this Prince never appear at all

Hope to see him in tvb

https://m.weibo.cn/1616564733/4364738077164984

Goodness gracious - they cut the entire Mongol Prince scenes? That poor actor. He must have been so excited to appear in the show. 

• LOL 5

2 hours ago, dramagirlslove said:

I think for sure they cut maybe like 4/5 episodes. But 20 episodes is crazy. I've never heard of that in drama filming history lol. 

This is what the supposed person who worked on HSDS says:

"Firstly thank you for liking our work, regarding your question, parts that were edited out whether they will be out I'm also not sure, because this is decided by the production company. About number of episode, this is because of broadcasting limit, on internet some said it's because of all the slow motion, that's actually not true. The original cut was 70 episodes, however because of request from broadcaster to limit the number, we can only do 50 episodes, that is why there are a lot of secondary plot that has to be edited out, which resulted in a few places where the plot is not coherent."

I don't know whether he actually worked on it or not we can only depend on c-netizen already verified this person actually is part of the production

Yanxi Palace in TVB cut a lot of episodes though I heard to make Charmaine looked like the main character lol. So it's not improbable

• Insightful 1
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, LaurenPanna said:

I heard of a KR version, meaning they will dub this hsds 2019 in Korean language and telecast in Korea. Not sure how true. 

2 hours ago, bluesky888 said:

Must be very good to be dub in KR. Wonder if they included the cut scenes.

I'm in Seoul. I've never heard that they will dub the HSDS 2019 in Korean. I also doubt they will do since Korean viewers prefer a drama with subtitles to dubbed one. 

And yes. Finally!! :D:lol: The HSDS 2019 will be aired TONIGHT in Korea with subtitles. I'm so excited to see this drama with Korean subtitles. I also hope they include the cut scenes but it's very unlikely. I think they will release the same version as it was aired in China.  As you can see in the preview below,  they just put Korean subtitles on the same preview. -_-

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av50313583?from=search&seid=7752793625256258453

BUT, if they include any cut scenes, I'll let you guys know for sure. B)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ildiz said:

I'm in Seoul. I've never heard that they will dub the HSDS 2019 in Korean. I also doubt they will do since Korean viewers prefer a drama with subtitles to dubbed one. 

And yes. Finally!! :D:lol: The HSDS 2019 will be aired TONIGHT in Korea with subtitles. I'm so excited to see this drama with Korean subtitles. I also hope they include the cut scenes but it's very unlikely. I think they will release the same version as it was aired in China.  As you can see in the preview below,  they just put Korean subtitles on the same preview. -_-

Please let us know if you notice any cut scenes. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PutriSing said:

It's really good! I love your style of writing and the infusion of humor in it. I also like the emotionally charged ones in previous chapters. Please write more! If you are taking requests, I would love some "missing scenes" fanfic as well. 

Thanks PutriSing, very kind of you!  I love sad and funny as a combination for fanfic.

In case you haven't seen it, here is my "long" fanfic (essentially a rework of the full ZM/ZWJ story)

"Zhaomin-centric exploration of what I think would should have happened in a universe where the story allows Zhaomin's cleverness, boldness and vision to fully develop. Unabashedly Zhaomin-Wuji (slow burn), with a twist on the usual Soul Marks trope."

https://archiveofourown.org/works/18294353

I have to belatedly acknowledge my (anonymous) beta and friend, who keeps me honest to the ideas in the work and keeps my writing coherent, so she's nearly a co-author! :)

I know you mentioned the rain scene before and I'm working on a short one around that!  Which "missing scenes" stick out to you?  I'm also working on one which includes the Mongolian crown prince although that one is mostly Wuji torture! ;)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, ildiz said:

Thanks ildiz, are you our rep for the Korean wing of HSDS fans here? 

That's awesome! So just to count, we have Vietnam, Indonesia, Singapore, US and Korea so far- I imagine maybe Malaysia too, perhaps Japan or India? Anyone else want to share?  No pressure, just fun fan statistic! :)  I'm guessing mostly Asian, primarily-non-Chinese-language countries since the Taiwan/China fans would be hanging out at tieba instead!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Yitian_fan said:

That's awesome! So just to count, we have Vietnam, Indonesia, Singapore, US and Korea so far- I imagine maybe Malaysia too, perhaps Japan or India? Anyone else want to share?  No pressure, just fun fan statistic! :)  I'm guessing mostly Asian, primarily-non-Chinese-language countries since the Taiwan/China fans would be hanging out at tieba instead!

That's like a global rep! I'm actually a Singaporean in Texas. 

• Like 1

Glad so many fans for HSDS 2019 and welcome everyone a board and share your thought about WJ-MinMin in this version of HSDS.

22 minutes ago, Yitian_fan said:

Thanks PutriSing, very kind of you!  I love sad and funny as a combination for fanfic.

In case you haven't seen it, here is my "long" fanfic (essentially a rework of the full ZM/ZWJ story)

"Zhaomin-centric exploration of what I think would should have happened in a universe where the story allows Zhaomin's cleverness, boldness and vision to fully develop. Unabashedly Zhaomin-Wuji (slow burn), with a twist on the usual Soul Marks trope."

I have to belatedly acknowledge my (anonymous) beta and friend, who keeps me honest to the ideas in the work and keeps my writing coherent, so she's nearly a co-author! :)

I know you mentioned the rain scene before and I'm working on a short one around that!  Which "missing scenes" stick out to you?  I'm also working on one which includes the Mongolian crown prince although that one is mostly Wuji torture! ;)

I waiting for that Rain fan fics that missing out. thank you and appreciate your work. 

35 minutes ago, Yitian_fan said:

No worries. I'll read the long fan fic soon enough. I'm always reading it at night... 

Scenes that I think should be filled - or maybe they were filmed and got cut?? Who knows... 

1) After rain scene 

2) After departure from Ming Sect right before wedding/after Zhirou attempted fake suicide

3) Kinda feel there should be a scene between Wuji/XX/MinMin 

4) After Zhirou's forced confession

5) After Min Min found the captured Shaolin monk

6) Before lantern - dude should really be mourning his wife more. 

He he. If they don't give us scenes, fan fic to the rescue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Different version of “小淫贼”

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av47345619

Different version of “好姐姐”

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av47516102/?spm_id_from=333.788.videocard.24

Apologies if somebody already posted this

Ahh if only I can read chinese.

I feel like i'm waiting all over again. First, it was waiting for the episodes each week and now waiting for possible cut scenes. Gahh:cold_sweat:

1 hour ago, bluesky888 said:

Please let us know if you notice any cut scenes. 

Sure. I'll let you know. I'm waiting for the drama with an eagle eye. :lol:

45 minutes ago, Yitian_fan said:

Haha. I'm glad to be the rep for K-Wing of HSDS fans. :D 

• Like 1