[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

23 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

I dislike the last 2 eps also, but at least I would like to defend ZM here.

She agreed to arrange the truce because it's a truce talk with ZWJ the leader of the Ming sect which by all account an honorable person. The fact that RYW also accept it is also  precisely because of ZWJ's reputation and he thought he still has Xuan Ming elders loyalty. Truce talk is always dangerous in ancient times, but usually you still goes if you know the war is going nowhere or going badly either for you or for the other person, or the other party is honorable enough not to stab you in the back the moment you loosen your guard. It's not about intelligence but sometimes you just have to trust that the other party won't act dishonorably.

ZM knows his father won't act dishonorably, no matter what is said about Mongolian ruthlessness, they are still known to at least never harmed diplomat or peace envoy unless you kill their envoy first. What ZM did not expect was ZWJ's subordinate plotting behind his back, she really only thinks that they want to kill ZWJ to take over the Ming sect not disobeying him and pretty much smear his good name as an honorable person. After this there will never be any truce talk between Ming and Yuan dynasty ever since ZWJ cannot be trusted to keep the unwritten rule of parley.

I think that's how you picture ZM in your mind. She even knew before hand about the wedding scheme was all along ZYZ idea so for me it's kind of weird she accepts the truce talks idea. 

Remember in eps 42, ZM already constructed and explain clearly that she can predict why Ming Sect decided to reject the idea of killing the current ruler. She warned ZWJ to avoid these '小人' who only using his power, image and birth background for their own interests. When ZZR faked the suicide, she bared the facts directly to the people in the room. How come you guys pity this pretender, she got martial art skill yet failed to slash her own throat, given time and space  it's so obviously faked just for attention. 

The writer has built this smart and intelligent character only to destroy them within 2 final eps. 

Anyway, i know it's up to us to interpret the character arc and i appreciate your POV.  I still believe the writer can execute the story much better

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

47 minutes ago, LaurenPanna said:

Grassland Reunion PART 3 Translation.

Credit to Weibo writer (Her original link below)

https://media.weibo.cn/article?id=2309404363901264347349

Translated article in Spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

The Auntie continued “It is even interesting to note that, this wiltful woman give her Son a weird name. Don’t you think it is Weird? Who would give their child such a name? Nian Niu? Cow? It is not nice at all. Doesn’t sound very auspicious to me.”

“What? Please say again!” Wuji couldn’t believe what he has just heard. He was Tearing uncontrollably at first, But when he heard of the name “Nian Niu” being mentioned, he instantly Stunned and dare not believe what he has just heard.

“I will say again then. You don’t have to talk in this kind of tone. Her son’s name is “Nian Niu”. Understand now? Why are you crying and laughing at the same time? Are you crazy?”

Auntie said impatiently. Can’t be bothered with Wuji, she walked away quickly, fearing that he may turn crazy and attack her.

Zhang Wuji felt like every single blood cell in his body has been frozed. He has a daring assumption that Nian Niu is his son. But he just did not dare to believe it. He did not want to be disappointed if this is not the truth that he wanted to hear.

He remembered that he used to name himself Zeng Ah Niu. How would he not know the reason why Minmin name her son Nian Niu?

Nian Niu Nian Niu – Missing Niu Missing Niu – Missing Zeng Ah Niu.

Suddenly, he is able to put bits and pieces together. Minmin is such a smart and confident lady. How would she marry anyone just like that? They both promised each other to stay together forever. He knows that she had forsaken the country and her family for his sake. How would she give up their relationship that easily? They love each other deeply. How would Minmin accept any other men that easily?

It must be that night! The night when he came back from Shaolin. It was raining heavily. They became husband and wife that Night. He strongly believe that this child is a result of the intimacy they had together. Nian Niu is his flesh and blood! How wonderful ! Little did he expect that they would have a child after those sweet moments.  

Thinking of the Sweet and intimate moments they both shared, Wuji felt happy and comforted.

Then, suddenly, he thought of what he had done. Refusing to leave with Minmin to Mongol, hurt her deeply. Minmin was all alone, being pregnant. She must have suffered a lot. She live alone all by herself. She has no one to care for her when she is sick. What if her old injuries acted up and had no one to turn to all those years?

He felt lousy and irresponsible as a husband. He is not even sure if she eat well and sleep well all these years? Whether their baby gave her hard time?  She has been facing Criticism all these years and he didn’t even know and can’t even be there to support her. He is such jerk, he thought to himself.

He is really grateful to Minmin for bearing him a child. This child is the best gift from the heaven. He need to see Minmin and their child as soon as possible, and tell them personally that he is wrong, he will use a whole lifetime to make amendments to them. He yearns to embrace Minmin, comfort her and let her know that he will never leave her again. He will take good care of both of them.

His heart is in pain. He owe her too much.

He quickened his pace on his way to look for Minmin. He can’t wait to hear it from Minmin personally, that Nian Niu is their Child.

Upon reaching her tent but he did not enter it, he said, “Minmin, I know you are inside. There is something I wish to ask you. Only you can tell me the truth.”

Minmin and Granny are trying to coax the Little one to sleep.

Minmin thought to herself. “The day I fear most is finally here. Blood is thicker than Water. He will find out about this child sooner or later. But She did not wish for him to find out. She did not want to have anything to do with him again. They have already been separated for 2 years and there are already a gap between them.

“Zhang Wu Ji, It is so late now. What do you want from me? “

“Minmin, please tell me that Nian Niu is our child. Is it because of that night?

Upon hearing that, Minmin frozed, she was holding her hands together very tightly with finger nails piercing through her skin that nearly bleed.

She cannot tell him the Truth! She want to have a complete break from him.

Zhao Min ah Zhao Min, it has been 2 years. You have been through the worst. You have been living peacefully all these years. You can do without him. You must be firm. Never be soft hearted!

“Mister Zhang, please stop joking. Yes you are right, I have a child now. But he is not yours.”  Minmin replied to Wuji who is outside of the Tent.

“Minmin, please don’t lie to me, If he is not mine, why did you call him Nian Niu?”

Minmin panicked. But she remain firm in her tone, and said , “Mister Zhang. Please do not read too much into it. I randomly pick this name. Nothing to do with you at all. My Child’s father has a Cow. The Cow is a symbol of our Love. So I name him to commemorate the cow.”

Now Zhao Min is truly regretful for coming out with this ridiculous name without giving much thought to it. So, she cooked up a reason to lie to Wuji.

Wuji laughed. Only Minmin would think of such a lousy excuse. In the past, he may just believe her words. But now, after experienced so much, he is no longer that Silly and foolish Zeng Ah Niu. .

“Minmin, you don’t have to lie to me. Nian Niu is our Child. I know. If he is not my son, then who is his father? I did not see you talking to any other man all these while. You lied to me, right?”

He said this with much careful thought, he feared that Minmin would push him away again.

“Zhang Wuji, His father has passed away due to illness. We got married without informing anyone. His illness came in a sudden and He passed away just like that. I feel very lucky to have married my husband. Please stop doubting my love for him. I love him and he love me deeply too.” She replied Firmly and seriously.

Zhang Wuji almost stopped breathing hearing that. He does not believe. His heart is now in pain. But he understand how Minmin feels. He is willing to wait for her to put down her grudges towards him and come back to him. He will treat her well and tell her, he has been waiting for her.

“Minmin, why did you go against your heart and lie to me? I know you are still angry and refuse to forgive me. But why won’t you admit that Nian Niu is my son?  I want the truth.”

Minmin closed her eyes and shout fiercely “ZWJ! Listen carefully! Nian Niu is my husband’s Son. My Husband is already dead. Although he is no longer with me, I do not allow you to insult him behind his back. Please do not think that I still love you. I already said. I sacrifice so much to be with you. But you hurt me because of your Brothers. 2 years ago, I already decided that I do not want you anymore. I have no more feelings for you. Why would I bear a child for you? Even the wooden hairpin is destroyed, We have nothing to do with each other anymore!”

She collapsed on the floor after she finished her piece. She had no more strength left. She fought back her tears, pretend nothing has ever happen and that She is just bidding farewell to a stranger.

But She started crying uncontrollably. She wanted to hurt him on purpose to make him leave. But her heart is in pain that she could not breathe anymore.

She knows that he is hurt too. But both of them has a gap now. Everything about them were in the past. What exists between them are grudges and family hatred. She need to end it here and now. She must not be soft hearted.

Wuji is heartbroken. Why would Minmin marry other man? He cannot accept this truth. He wish that time could turn back. IF he is given another chance to turn back time, he will not hesitate and leave with Minmin. But all is too late. So what if he is highly skilled in martial arts? So what if he is good with so many things? He has lost Minmin’s heart.

Both of them are just physically a few steps apart but it feels like a distance away.  

Spoiler

Whattt??? Wait. I kind of enjoy the previous two parts but why do ZWJ believe ZM lies this time? I mean the kids name already spoiled everything. Can he calculate the time between consummation and the kid age? Isn't he a doctor? 

2 minutes ago, graceeedwardmom said:
  Hide contents

Whattt??? Wait. I kind of enjoy the previous two parts but why do ZWJ believe ZM lies this time? I mean the kids name already spoiled everything. Can he calculate the time between consummation and the kid age? Isn't he a doctor? 

He actually did not believe 

He just feel upset 

45 minutes ago, graceeedwardmom said:

I think that's how you picture ZM in your mind. She even knew before hand about the wedding scheme was all along ZYZ idea so for me it's kind of weird she accepts the truce talks idea. 

Remember in eps 42, ZM already constructed and explain clearly that she can predict why Ming Sect decided to reject the idea of killing the current ruler. She warned ZWJ to avoid these '小人' who only using his power, image and birth background for their own interests. When ZZR faked the suicide, she bared the facts directly to the people in the room. How come you guys pity this pretender, she got martial art skill yet failed to slash her own throat, given time and space  it's so obviously faked just for attention. 

The writer has built this smart and intelligent character only to destroy them within 2 final eps. 

Anyway, i know it's up to us to interpret the character arc and i appreciate your POV.  I still believe the writer can execute the story much better

Cheers mate, I know I probably won't change your mind even I sometimes still think that what the director did is baffling. But to me at the end of the day truce talk even in real history is always impossible to predict. That's why historian still has their jobs I guess to analyse and re-analyse old war and why it happens no matter how much people try to stop it, war will still happen.

I guess I just want to defend ZM my fave;) she's still smart for me. She trust in ZWJ and RYW is probably her flaw I suppose that got used by ZYZ

Edited by kur4p1k4
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, bluesky888 said:

He probably not thinking straight at that moment. So, he didn't do the calculate of the baby WJ age. I need part 4, so in to it now. OMG

Me too 

Omg i am chasing after this daily 

And so deeply involved 

20 minutes ago, taeunfighting said:

@kur4p1k4 @graceeedwardmom You both pose opposite yet very compelling POVs.  Both are reasons why I struggle (logically) with the last episode - even the two main characters.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts...I enjoyed reading them!

@kur4p1k4 in my universe, only ZM can use people and not the opposite. For me, i think the writer should not kill off RYW characters. He already disowned ZM and freed her. This plot is what i hate the most from the ending. 

Including the part where they spent so much time on forging the broken sword and sabre. I know it's the title of the drama but too much screen time while couple reunion just so short.

I agree this version whitewashed ZZR character a LOT. Probably Bambi agency get their hands on the script to give the actress better interpretation. I still hate the ending part but still hoping for extra bits from TVB version. Let's pray that the additional part is about our main OTP not else. Keep our hands tied and pray.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, graceeedwardmom said:

Thank god,... I get very gloomy vibe from these 3 parts, hope the next parts stepped up the tension for us. 

I feel gloomy too

But i like that ZWJ is being tortured 

Sadist me

Every day looking forward to torture him only 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, graceeedwardmom said:

@kur4p1k4 in my universe, only ZM can use people and not the opposite. For me, i think the writer should not kill off RYW characters. He already disowned ZM and freed her. This plot is what i hate the most from the ending. 

Including the part where they spent so much time on forging the broken sword and sabre. I know it's the title of the drama but too much screen time while couple reunion just so short.

I agree this version whitewashed ZZR character a LOT. Probably Bambi agency get their hands on the script to give the actress better interpretation. I still hate the ending part but still hoping for extra bits from TVB version. Let's pray that the additional part is about our main OTP not else. Keep our hands tied and pray.

I agree with you that RYW should not be killed. I have so many plot point from the last 4 eps that I have questions about, better not start it again, I think my blood pressure will go up just thinking about it.

I wish they have something like Game of Thrones this last season. At the end of the episodes where the creators come out and explain why they shoot a scene a certain way, that would be so good. I mean I might still disagree with their explanation but at least I know where they're coming from.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bluesky888 said:

Is there part 4 Lauren. 

Yes there is

part 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 currently

And The author is currently in the process of writing Part 8

but she numbered it differently, example our Part 8 - is actually her part 10

The reason why i number myself is so that there is no confusion,  because right now i am only translating Grassland reunion portion.

I guess there are some parts that she wrote for stuffs in between the Drama , before the Grassland reunion but i can't find them yet.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, LaurenPanna said:

Reveal hidden contents

The Auntie continued “It is even interesting to note that, this wiltful woman give her Son a weird name. Don’t you think it is Weird? Who would give their child such a name? Nian Niu? Cow? It is not nice at all. Doesn’t sound very auspicious to me.”

“What? Please say again!” Wuji couldn’t believe what he has just heard. He was Tearing uncontrollably at first, But when he heard of the name “Nian Niu” being mentioned, he instantly Stunned and dare not believe what he has just heard.

“I will say again then. You don’t have to talk in this kind of tone. Her son’s name is “Nian Niu”. Understand now? Why are you crying and laughing at the same time? Are you crazy?”

Auntie said impatiently. Can’t be bothered with Wuji, she walked away quickly, fearing that he may turn crazy and attack her.

Zhang Wuji felt like every single blood cell in his body has been frozed. He has a daring assumption that Nian Niu is his son. But he just did not dare to believe it. He did not want to be disappointed if this is not the truth that he wanted to hear.

He remembered that he used to name himself Zeng Ah Niu. How would he not know the reason why Minmin name her son Nian Niu?

Nian Niu Nian Niu – Missing Niu Missing Niu – Missing Zeng Ah Niu.

Suddenly, he is able to put bits and pieces together. Minmin is such a smart and confident lady. How would she marry anyone just like that? They both promised each other to stay together forever. He knows that she had forsaken the country and her family for his sake. How would she give up their relationship that easily? They love each other deeply. How would Minmin accept any other men that easily?

It must be that night! The night when he came back from Shaolin. It was raining heavily. They became husband and wife that Night. He strongly believe that this child is a result of the intimacy they had together. Nian Niu is his flesh and blood! How wonderful ! Little did he expect that they would have a child after those sweet moments.  

Thinking of the Sweet and intimate moments they both shared, Wuji felt happy and comforted.

Then, suddenly, he thought of what he had done. Refusing to leave with Minmin to Mongol, hurt her deeply. Minmin was all alone, being pregnant. She must have suffered a lot. She live alone all by herself. She has no one to care for her when she is sick. What if her old injuries acted up and had no one to turn to all those years?

He felt lousy and irresponsible as a husband. He is not even sure if she eat well and sleep well all these years? Whether their baby gave her hard time?  She has been facing Criticism all these years and he didn’t even know and can’t even be there to support her. He is such jerk, he thought to himself.

He is really grateful to Minmin for bearing him a child. This child is the best gift from the heaven. He need to see Minmin and their child as soon as possible, and tell them personally that he is wrong, he will use a whole lifetime to make amendments to them. He yearns to embrace Minmin, comfort her and let her know that he will never leave her again. He will take good care of both of them.

His heart is in pain. He owe her too much.

He quickened his pace on his way to look for Minmin. He can’t wait to hear it from Minmin personally, that Nian Niu is their Child.

Upon reaching her tent but he did not enter it, he said, “Minmin, I know you are inside. There is something I wish to ask you. Only you can tell me the truth.”

Minmin and Granny are trying to coax the Little one to sleep.

Minmin thought to herself. “The day I fear most is finally here. Blood is thicker than Water. He will find out about this child sooner or later. But She did not wish for him to find out. She did not want to have anything to do with him again. They have already been separated for 2 years and there are already a gap between them.

“Zhang Wu Ji, It is so late now. What do you want from me? “

“Minmin, please tell me that Nian Niu is our child. Is it because of that night?

Upon hearing that, Minmin frozed, she was holding her hands together very tightly with finger nails piercing through her skin that nearly bleed.

She cannot tell him the Truth! She want to have a complete break from him.

Zhao Min ah Zhao Min, it has been 2 years. You have been through the worst. You have been living peacefully all these years. You can do without him. You must be firm. Never be soft hearted!

“Mister Zhang, please stop joking. Yes you are right, I have a child now. But he is not yours.”  Minmin replied to Wuji who is outside of the Tent.

“Minmin, please don’t lie to me, If he is not mine, why did you call him Nian Niu?”

Minmin panicked. But she remain firm in her tone, and said , “Mister Zhang. Please do not read too much into it. I randomly pick this name. Nothing to do with you at all. My Child’s father has a Cow. The Cow is a symbol of our Love. So I name him to commemorate the cow.”

Now Zhao Min is truly regretful for coming out with this ridiculous name without giving much thought to it. So, she cooked up a reason to lie to Wuji.

Wuji laughed. Only Minmin would think of such a lousy excuse. In the past, he may just believe her words. But now, after experienced so much, he is no longer that Silly and foolish Zeng Ah Niu. .

“Minmin, you don’t have to lie to me. Nian Niu is our Child. I know. If he is not my son, then who is his father? I did not see you talking to any other man all these while. You lied to me, right?”

He said this with much careful thought, he feared that Minmin would push him away again.

“Zhang Wuji, His father has passed away due to illness. We got married without informing anyone. His illness came in a sudden and He passed away just like that. I feel very lucky to have married my husband. Please stop doubting my love for him. I love him and he love me deeply too.” She replied Firmly and seriously.

Zhang Wuji almost stopped breathing hearing that. He does not believe. His heart is now in pain. But he understand how Minmin feels. He is willing to wait for her to put down her grudges towards him and come back to him. He will treat her well and tell her, he has been waiting for her.

“Minmin, why did you go against your heart and lie to me? I know you are still angry and refuse to forgive me. But why won’t you admit that Nian Niu is my son?  I want the truth.”

Minmin closed her eyes and shout fiercely “ZWJ! Listen carefully! Nian Niu is my husband’s Son. My Husband is already dead. Although he is no longer with me, I do not allow you to insult him behind his back. Please do not think that I still love you. I already said. I sacrifice so much to be with you. But you hurt me because of your Brothers. 2 years ago, I already decided that I do not want you anymore. I have no more feelings for you. Why would I bear a child for you? Even the wooden hairpin is destroyed, We have nothing to do with each other anymore!”

She collapsed on the floor after she finished her piece. She had no more strength left. She fought back her tears, pretend nothing has ever happen and that She is just bidding farewell to a stranger.

But She started crying uncontrollably. She wanted to hurt him on purpose to make him leave. But her heart is in pain that she could not breathe anymore.

She knows that he is hurt too. But both of them has a gap now. Everything about them were in the past. What exists between them are grudges and family hatred. She need to end it here and now. She must not be soft hearted.

Wuji is heartbroken. Why would Minmin marry other man? He cannot accept this truth. He wish that time could turn back. IF he is given another chance to turn back time, he will not hesitate and leave with Minmin. But all is too late. So what if he is highly skilled in martial arts? So what if he is good with so many things? He has lost Minmin’s heart.

Both of them are just physically a few steps apart but it feels like a distance away.  

Thank you so much for the translation. Both WJ and MM are heartbroken. Oh..my. I'm too into the fanfic. I need the part 4 now! :bawling:

• Like 1

In the future if you guys ever create a group chat to discuss about this drama. Please please let me know :)

I don’t know if you guys have already discussed about this, I only read back few pages. But I wonder when did WJ start falling for her. I know he kind of have the look of wow, she’s pretty when he first saw her dressing like a lady. Then I think somehow he likes their banter and how she keeps teasing him. 

4 hours ago, jackieusa said:

The raining scene.

Why wouldn't I return? I know you are waiting for me, no matter where I am (?), I will always come back to your side.

The coffin scene.

MinMin, I don't care what you think. I'll definitely go look for you.  After I finished the duties I promised, no matter where you are(?). I'll definitely bring you back to my side.

Thank youuuu.. been waiting for this translation..

I read that the episodes which got cut include:

• ZYZ becoming emperor I think if we saw the full version, maybe RYW's death would make more sense
  • RYW and WBB scenes
  • Big emotional crying scenes from Joseph (after ZM's fake death) and Yukee (before WJ's wedding)
  • Ending conversation between WJ and ZM at the grasslands, before they started twirling in circles

It's too bad the production team likes to do most of their chopping during the last 4 episodes, or maybe it's just more noticeable as we get closer to the ending because by then every detail counts.  I doubt anyone has managed to get their hands on the uncut version, otherwise they would be promoting like crazy to increase viewership (like what Taiwan is doing for GMP).

• Like 1
  • Sad 7