[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

4 hours ago, LaurenPanna said:

Comparison scenes between how wuji treat ZZR and ZM

https://m.weibo.cn/1869674990/4367994530524981

Minmin expression so cute here 

https://m.weibo.cn/5155316360/4367149688084487

The details over here are really well handled. 

Both of them put blanket on Zhu Er together

https://m.weibo.cn/2608409697/4367971415260554

We are sooooo desperate.

We are excited about our leads handing swords to each other ("look! their hands touch! OMG!")

We're excited about our leads putting their hands on the same cloak (when their hands are not even touching!)

Which other fandom has to be so excited about such small things? 

The directors are terrible to deprive us so much that we're so desperate!

#Cruelty_to_shippers

#Inhumane_treatment_of_fans

#We_should_unionize_and_demand_more_acts_of_random_skinship_and_senseless_fanservice

• LOL 3

I have question for people who cannot understand Chinese or only understand Chinese at basic daily life terms, also who cannot read Viet sub, Indo sub, Thai sub or any other subs that is not English.

How do you watch this series and actually follow the story?

I'm actually curious, is there people who summarise it? Do all of you just remember what happen in the previous version or the book?

Or are you all just good at guessing stuff?:sweatingbullets:

Edit:

If there is English sub later on like months later, will you watch it again? For any series you like anyway

Edited by kur4p1k4

4 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

I have question for people who cannot understand Chinese or only understand Chinese at basic daily life terms, also who cannot read Viet sub, Indo sub, Thai sub or any other subs that is not English.

I'm actually curious, is there people who summarise it? Do all of you just remember what happen in the previous version or the book?

Count me in...  My chinese is so-so... And i did all the things you said above when watching the series....:sweat_smile:....

I'm planning to do the same when watching ROCH later in this year. Now my problem is when i watch Handsome Siblings then i have to count you all people for that. Because i'm not too familiar with the story. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

This question is in my heart for quite long but I just don't know how to phrase it. 

15 hours ago, LaurenPanna said:

First picture, when asked about the kissing scene,, Joseph will still blushed. It mentioned that its not that his kissing technique is overly matured but it was because Yukee found it hard to fully get into the mood for the kissing scene, that's why he kinda do it in a rough but affectionate manner to help her and to convey the message of the deep love between both characters. 

Second picture, it mentions that Yukee was very shy during the kissing scene. She kinda avoided his eyes. The director call for "Cut!" twice. First cut was due to angle problem. At the second cut, Yukee face became very red as she was too shy and blushed. They could only video her side view. The production team actually video edit to make their skin look more neutralise. 

Third picture stated: in order to make the whole kissing scene smooth sailing, Joseph made effort hi to Brainstorm ways and methods to get Yukee into the mood to kiss. In the end, he decided to make use of his hands and chest, pull Yukee into his embrace, allow them to be lock together tightly, so that she can have a more realistic outlook of everything and won't be that shy. And hoping she can temporarily forget about her role in real life and get into the mood as Zhao Min. 

I remembered in one interview yukee compared joseph eyes with leo luo and other male co stars she worked with in playful manner. She said she thought her eyes are big enough but joseph are bigger. I don't really understand chinese so that's what i got.  Maybe someone here with fluent chinese can look into the interview and let us know clearer? 

Edit : i couldn't find the link but the interview asking yukee while throwing punches game

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Thank you so much Lauren for the translation. The interview mentioned that JZ still blushed when talking about the kiss :phew:. Both JZ and YC are so adorb but also profesional in ensuring that the scene got filmed alright. Good work ethics. :thumbsup:

Actually, when I saw vid of jz and YC attending some kind of gala held last year (?? Not quite sure, but I watched the vid several weeks back while stumbling upon it on weibo),  and also from the BTS of JZ,  seems like JZ is more of the leader type,  while YC more the shy type,  even though she's older in age.  That's very nice of him to brainstorm of way to make her more comfortable hahaha.  Since they shared a lingering look while their faces were so close to each other right after they stop their kiss, I guess his strategy of using his hand to hug her closely to his chest worked lol:lol:.

I had to agree that when someone had a different feeling toward another (could be crush,  infatuation, admiration, awe), it is easier to feel even more restrained and shy in front of this person. My own experience (oops hahaha), when I was facing that person that I admire or in awe with,  I became more restrained. It take a greater effort to maintain eye contacts :P

While with colleagues or friends, I could be my self and joke around. 

I am one who knows limited mandarin, so when I watched the series,  it involves remembering past versions storylines (they all kiiiiinda similar)  and guessing from the flows of the stories and/or ambience of the scenes and the faces of the actors/actresses :joy:. I saw some referred this strategy as using their languange of the minds hahaha (a.k.a. guessing what is happening based on the previous versions since they had watched prev versions :P )

JZ changed his ig profile pic to a fan art of WJ in his wedding attire right after he ran away from the wedding,  taken from the scene where he was standing right in front of MM after WJ bolted away from his almost wedding. Man,  seem like WJ truly close to JZ heart :wub:

The drawing should be the pic he used. All credits belong to respective owners

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4368219500630123

P. S.  

Lauren,  I had incorporated the part of WJ paying respect to RYW in the last fanfic I posted,  but it might be a bit obscure as I did not mention RYW name hahaha. 

Peace all 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, graceeedwardmom said:

I remembered in one interview yukee compared joseph eyes with leo luo and other male co stars she worked with in playful manner. She said she thought her eyes are big enough but joseph are bigger. I don't really understand chinese so that's what i got.  Maybe someone here with fluent chinese can look into the interview and let us know clearer? 

Edit : i couldn't find the link but the interview asking yukee while throwing punches game

I kinda read it before 

She mentioned that she didn't dare to look at his eyes as he really can act

I vividly remember that it's a compliment 

But could not find that article as well

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Edit:

If there is English sub later on like months later, will you watch it again? For any series you like anyway

I know the stories since I watched previous adaptation and sort of read the novel, so following the plotline was not an issue for me.

But since this version deviated quite a bit, it also involved a bit of guess work -_-

And this forum was a lot of help since you guys discussed conversations and context.

Oh yeah I'm still patiently waiting for subtitle and will definitely watch again.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Edit:

I watched RAW without understanding anything but had an idea from previous versions. Then I tried to watch with Viet subs but so annoying cause I had to keep pausing and trying to read it since I have very limited viet skills. I made my sister watched it and she viet better so that helped since I watched it again with her too. Will rewatch from ep 30 onward with eng subs :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Do any of you have Netflix? I personally don't

But do any of you ever think of asking Netflix to license HSDS? Only for people that have netflix anyway, they only accept request from Netflix account users. They are licensing a lot of international drama right now.

1 hour ago, kur4p1k4 said:

But do any of you ever think of asking Netflix to license HSDS? Only for people that have netflix anyway, they only accept request from Netflix account users. They are licensing a lot of international drama right now.

Ooooo! I can probably request them!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Edit:

The struggle is real, my friend. I watched the 86 one and the 03, I think. Know the plot pretty well so more or less know what's going on. However, this version is extra special. I get excited whenever I hear "Zhaomin" and kept wondering, "oh my goodness, they are talking about HER". This chatroom is really useful to know what's going on, and very nice people here have translated for us quite a bit. (BIG THANK YOU) There are still things that I just watched with subbed, and I'm swooning all over. Recently, the rain scene makes me love this couple more and more. When I watch the subbed ones now, I skipped all the ZR scenes. I'm bad, I know. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kur4p1k4 said:

I have Netflix. I noticed Netflix has lots of J-drama, K-drama, and C-drama but if they’re not modern fluffy chick flicks then they’re heavy fantasy. There’s no wuxia tv series. It would be so cool for them to include the newer Jin Yong series (from LOCH 2017 and on) with Eng Subs but I doubt they’d license it.

Edit: I made a request for LOCH 2017 just to see if it works. :PI don’t think we can request HSDS 2019 until it finishes airing or until it’s released on dvd.

Edited by kimmortal
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AppleBanana said:

I watched RAW without understanding anything but had an idea from previous versions. Then I tried to watch with Viet subs but so annoying cause I had to keep pausing and trying to read it since I have very limited viet skills. I made my sister watched it and she viet better so that helped since I watched it again with her too. Will rewatch from ep 30 onward with eng subs :)

Similar to you, I started with Eng Subs on Youtube until ep 14 or so then I had to search for Viet subtitles. But I read at a snail’s pace so I miss like 80% of the dialogue. I pretty much guess what they’re saying from context, body language, and knowledge of previous versions. I definitely can’t wait for dvd release from Malaysia because they tend to have English subtitles. Then I can rewatch it and understand everything better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1