[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

3 hours ago, jackieusa said:

Apologize for flushing the forum with GIFs, I'm kind of having fun here.:sweatingbullets::lol:

Loves the way the couple make an entrances.:love:

mIUqCjT.gif

XVy48hb.gif

XmbWf03.gif

I love this too.. they looked like a power couple of wulin.. so compatible.. and well match.. in the last gif WJ bring MM in with so much pride and happiness on his face.. so handsome :wub:

• Like 2

If only the Ming members in this story can put aside their prejudice, and MM is not Mongol princess,  MM and WJ will definitely be power couple of the wulin. Imagine their combination: Her brain and abilities to read people scheme and strategize, his immense power and unbeatable kungfu. Even can be Ultimate power couple

It's a pity that their situations just make it harder to optimize what the their combo can bring to the table.

I doubt MM will ever participate in the Ming quest to defeat her dynasty.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

@chipz03 Hahaha, maybe but I don't think either one of them want that.

I've been having some thought, that if ZM does not exist WJ will definitely become an emperor, he might not be a great emperor, but he won't be the worst. WJ might want to freely travel the world with no burden, but he's prone to be persuaded by people around him to do some things that he might be reluctant of, if he thinks what they want him to do is just, he will do it. Being an emperor is just, it helps stabilise at least governmental affair and people have a leader to look up to, until modern democracy and election is created most country tend become monarchy, even Rome/Greece. 

WJ always step up to whatever role he got pushed into, when he become Ming sect he apply his own rule and condition for the Ming sect, so at least I know WJ is a person that knows what he wants from his people and from himself. With the right people under him, I think he could be a decent ruler, which most rulers are anyway, decent. As long as the monarch don't burn the money to the ground, wage war unnecessarily, most kingdoms last quite long. Especially if ZR is his wife, he would totally got pushed to be an emperor, he might be unhappy, but damn it, WJ will always does his best

His kindness is his biggest strength but also his biggest weakness. Which will probably cause a lot of people to used it against him, which we already see how the Ming sect act toward him

In this version, sometimes I feel like ZYZ is loyal to WJ but he also wants power through WJ becoming emperor. He always look disappointed especially about ZM since I think to him, ZM will just hinder WJ chances to become emperor. I think he does like WJ straightforwardness and heroic personality. I really wish they develop ZYZ more, he is quite an interesting character 

So yeah if there's an AU where there's no ZM, WJ will definitely be an emperor. That's what I think anyway. I always thougt that my thinking that WJ is a bad leader it might be because I always think to be an emperor you have to be ruthless a bit, but WJ as an emperor might also work. He might have some trouble with subordinate that disobey him but I do believe at least WJ is beloved by some of his subordinate. No leader will ever be loved by all of his subordinate, but if you have a few that will lay down their life for you, I think that's enough.   

• Like 4

Indeed Lauren. Both of them are very touchy feely with each other (and most importantly, both are comfortable with it).  Good on screen chemistry. :mrgreen:

I am on the fence on whether WJ could be a good emperor. He might be beloved,  but to be a good emperor,  I think he lack ambition and perhaps ability to see through some people's plans. Being an emperor means a lot of people might be vying for his throne. He might be content to restoring the peace and focus on the civilians but other in the courts might have differing ambition (e.g. conquest to expand their territories). 

His subordinate might start by being loyal to him, because at this point they were bound by the same goal.  Fighting the same enemies. And he is a uniting figure that is important to keep the morale of their troops and heir fights. 

However, when that goal had been achieved, and their ambitions might start to diverge, I suspect WJ might not be able to survive that well in the throne. In my opinion,  he is too naive,  so to speak. He lacks that abilities to scheme and to catch scheming subordinates (in my opinion though). 

It runs the risks of his subordinates overcoming his power in the court and he became merely puppet to their hidden agenda, especially by those who had power over the militaries. As bad as it sounds, and it is actually quite unfortunate that it had to be this way,  but being an emperor also means you need to be able to survive in the cutthroat palace intrigues,. And there will be a lot of them,  I would think. 

But this is just my opinion though hahaha.  I watched too much palace intrigue drama :D

• Like 2
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, chipz03 said:

Hi, 

Can I bother anyone to translate this. Based on google translate, seems like this picture is JZ new interview (??). I guess he really like ZM in the HSDS.  If it's indeed correct,  then it is like a dream come true for an actor/actress to be able to act as the hero you like as a child (if I remembered correctly, HSDS is also his favorite JY story),  and shared that storyline with the heroine that you also like. Kinda like comic geeks who got the chance to act as their favorite superhero hahaha (okay,  sorry,  might not be related :sweatingbullets:). 

Thank you in advance

All credits go to the respective owners of the account,  interview. And pictures please 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4367755773543777

And I have lots of favorite WJ-MM,  and also other aspects why I love this version HsDS.. Will write them down as soon as I got the chance. 

Peace all :blush:

Quick translation:

When asked who his favorite female lead character is (not certain if it's just for HSDS or other shows too) he says without hesitation
"Zhaomin. Because she is smart and decisive, brave and cunning, and fights for what she wants."

He could be a ZM supporter, although it's nothing too much more than what may be polite to say about the character your character interacts the most with so hard to say! :) Still we can pretend he's a ZM fan like us! 

Why not?

PS Thanks for all the fanfics and fan arts and particulaly the aweseom gifss!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, LaurenPanna said:

I Love Your Story

Please don't stop writing ! hahaha

I remember in my short fan fic, i also wrote how Minmin ask him all the "What If" question.

what if she is dead, what if she is married to someone else, what if he never found her.

I find all these questions interesting ! And i remember Jin yong wrote about ZZR asking Wuji these questions too. So i got the inspirations from there.

I feel so happy to see that you included these questions asked by Da Shum.

I am so looking forward to your Story everyday! Thanks for writing. Love the fighting scene described. You did it so well here. I can understand how it got conspired here. 

When you described the emotions here for Wuji as he recalled the past. I can almost see Joseph frowning and closing eyes. 

Edited, 

I actually cried as I read it the second time while listening to hsds ending song. Omg

Thank you so much, Lauren!. The "What ifs" are so inevitable because of course WJ would have self-doubts and insecurities, but what I wanted to see that the show lacked was WJ's strengthened resolve despite all the "What ifs." Yes, we heard him question whether she was in Mongolia (his doubt coming through) and saying he's searched for her for so long, but for me, that created more questions like "How long?" and "What had happened to WJ during all this time!?" I wish Show really was 70 eps. I would watch another full series just for the WJ/ZM epilogue.

And I appreciate that you liked the fighting scene! Haha, it was fun, but it's so heard to find different verbs for what a sword does lo..

Aww, Lauren! Wow, I am happy/guilty you cried?? The HSDS ending song is on shuffle with my mix of songs that I found from WJ/ZM fan MVs. They are my inspiration when writing! haha (And also you guys posting gifs, and pictures, and fan MVs!)

Thank you again!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@subbers

I've uploaded OCRed chinese subs to Google Drive so you can help translate on there instead of YT.  It might be easier for you since you don't have to deal with YT's broken sub system.  Community edit is enabled as well so more than one person can sub the same episode at the same time.  OCR isn't perfect and it skipped a few lines so if you see a blank or gibberish line, just go to the timestamp in the episode and check.  Thanks again for helping, everyone.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kle8ixeiLRGaUlM-AA0hGLisHnaKlZfw

7 hours ago, chipz03 said:

If only the Ming members in this story can put aside their prejudice, and MM is not Mongol princess,  MM and WJ will definitely be power couple of the wulin. Imagine their combination: Her brain and abilities to read people scheme and strategize, his immense power and unbeatable kungfu. Even can be Ultimate power couple

It's a pity that their situations just make it harder to optimize what the their combo can bring to the table.

I doubt MM will ever participate in the Ming quest to defeat her dynasty.

I agree!  So much potential, particularly for ZM!

My idea, is that Minmin and Wuji could collaborate and bring peace between the Ming and Yuan Dynasties (i.e., they split the lands between the two empires and stop the fighting!)  [My fanfic "Gifts" has that premise.]

1 hour ago, deminni said:

Thank you so much, Lauren!. The "What ifs" are so inevitable because of course WJ would have self-doubts and insecurities, but what I wanted to see that the show lacked was WJ's strengthened resolve despite all the "What ifs." Yes, we heard him question whether she was in Mongolia (his doubt coming through) and saying he's searched for her for so long, but for me, that created more questions like "How long?" and "What had happened to WJ during all this time!?" I wish Show really was 70 eps. I would watch another full series just for the WJ/ZM epilogue.

And I appreciate that you liked the fighting scene! Haha, it was fun, but it's so heard to find different verbs for what a sword does lo..

Aww, Lauren! Wow, I am happy/guilty you cried?? The HSDS ending song is on shuffle with my mix of songs that I found from WJ/ZM fan MVs. They are my inspiration when writing! haha (And also you guys posting gifs, and pictures, and fan MVs!)

Thank you again!

I thought the Same as you! I felt harder to find a closure as Wuji did not explain or chit chat with Minmin after the reunion (or the scene is cut). 

So in my little fanfic that was served to ease my own heart (not sure if you get to read it), i wrote wuji telling minmin, if she is dead, he will join her as promised at the fake grace, if she marry someone else, he would protect her secretly, if she can never be found, he will still search for her till the day he die. 

But your fanfic that includes all the exciting part, or tormenting parts before the reunion, including the effort  and storms wuji need to brave through before he is able to reunite with her as well as including his thoughts as he recalled the past ARE exactly the closure I was looking for and what I wish to see in the drama subconsciously. 

Waiting for your next chapter!! 

• Like 2

Thank you Yitian!!  Greatly appreciated your help for the translation . Oh,  I personally don't think we need to pretend he likes ZM character ;)(heck,  I love ZM hahaha. She is bada#s :lol:). He's also been providing good fans service with his MV,  liking pic on WJ-MM even after the show finished airing/being published online. :lol:

Also agree, it's a pity ZM couldn't collaborate with WJ. That would be impressive haha.  Don't mess with their duet. 

I am soo very sorry, but may I trouble you all with another translation of article (gossip? Legit Interview? I am not quite sure haha

This is when I really wished I could talk to my past self to pay good attention to my Mandarin lesson.  Guess regret always come one step too late :tears:).

Now,  I am not sure how legit is this, or when is this published (I am not even sure what's the content :sweatingbullets:. Well,  I kinda have an idea from google translate but still not quite sure).  I found this when scrolling through weibo.

All credit belong to the owners of the weibo,  article,  pictures please. 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4368002856406986

Been trying to find interviews on HSDS,  but It's quite hard to find interview with JZ or YC about HSDS,  even though more vids for YC.  Hence the sudden influx of translation request. Thank you in advance!!  :blush:

I quite like their potential as new actor and actress, and they seem to be very hardworking. And hope they can stay away from any troubles as they have good talents that can be polished for more successes. JC seem more mature than his age, perhaps can be a bit more intense in term of emotions (at the vibes I got from some of his posting at IG or Weibo-->again,  hello Google Translate :lol:), while YC I feel is like a breath of fresh air (perhaps she feels more genuine/less pretentious, well at least so far that I saw from her interview). 

I really love the GIF that show WJ-MM backside while hiding from JHPP (I think). MM looked so petite beside WJ :love:

Thank you for the fanfics Yitian,  Demini,  Laurenand others that I missed. Also thanks Yitian and Lauren for the translation I have been preoccupying myself with them haha.  Kudos to you all :mrgreen:

• Like 3
  • Love 2