[Drama 2018] Life 라이프

larus

I love the last 2 episodes so much. It is just so captivating. I am glad that Drs Joo and Ye managed to get the autopsy done and the truth of the cause of death revealed. However, now they have to face the consequences of going against the conglomerates. I hope Dr Oh is unharmed. It is so scary to be pursued right up to her door step by masked `ninjas'. 

I am so sorry for President Goo when he has to 'kowtow' to Chairman Cho. Thankfully he still has his loyal manager and buddy Glutton. 

We are in for more excitement as Dr Ye fights to kick out President Goo. I am waiting for Joo, Ye and Goo to unite and fight against the real enemy. But how are they going to do so against the strong and powerful Hwajeong? And if Chairman Cho orders Goo's death then we need Prosecutor Hwang Shi Mok to investigate and arrest Cho!  Please do not kill President Goo!

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Hmm... Personally, I'm not liking YJW's character. He is being selectively righteous, abrupt and to a certain extent quite cowardly. He indirectly pulled Dr Joo in the mess he started but has yet to claim responsibility for them.

Why do I say selectively righteous? He seemed to be indulgent towards his own boss's shortcomings (Kim Won Hae), but extremely judgemental towards the late director, Dr oh and Dr Joo (in the beginning). He is cowardly when he used despicable means to expose the accounting matter, reported deputy Kim anonymously and keeping silent on this matter and willingly let Dr Joo take the fall.

And now, he influenced the family to get an autopsy due to the effects of this incident to this family. While each incident is also motivated by noble reasons, I wish that he is a bit more remorseful of his involvement. I still remember that his decision to discharge te man who killed his own daughter without evaluating the patient's mental stage that caused other people to get hurt.

But, I do love his overprotectiveness and loyalty towards SW.

As for GSH, he seemed genuinely fearful at offending the Hwajeong conglomerate. His real ally seems to be ms kang and glutton. Even his driver is somewhat suspicious, as if he spies GSH for Chairman Cho. I hope nothing bad will happn to glutton. His character just reeks tragic ending....

• Like 14

It is clear that president Gu is monitored by the head of the restructure team. Notice that when the chairman of Hwayeong spoke over the phone, he mentioned Gu. In my opinion, the guys helping the parents of the deceased were sent there by the chairman in order to make sure that the body would be cremated. Then when Gu is alone with the chairman, the man asked someone to send him the data. So he has enough authority. To conclude, he is the eyes and ears of the chairman. 

In my opinion GSH is caught himself between the hammer and the anvil. On the other side, the hospital and its staff and on the other side the vicious and ruthless chairman.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

It is clear that president Gu is monitored by the head of the restructure team. Notice that when the chairman of Hwayeong spoke over the phone, he mentioned Gu. In my opinion, the guys helping the parents of the deceased were sent there by the chairman in order to make sure that the body would be cremated. Then when Gu is alone with the chairman, the man asked someone to send him the data. So he has enough authority. To conclude, he is the eyes and ears of the chairman. 

In my opinion GSH is caught himself between the hammer and the anvil. On the other side, the hospital and its staff and on the other side the vicious and ruthless chairman.

That's why he parked the car ahead and walked up to No Eul's car to talk to her. 

And it seems the restructuring team director doesn't need Seung Hyo's approval to do anything. Sad part is whatever he will do, the hospital staff would take it as a order from Seung Hyo

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

That's why he parked the car ahead and walked up to No Eul's car to talk to her. 

And it seems the restructuring team director doesn't need Seung Hyo's approval to do anything. Sad part is whatever he will do, the hospital staff would take it as a order from Seung Hyo

That's why I believe that GSH can only get rid of the chairman's influence if

- he fires the director of the restructure team

- he changes his plan and stop supporting the Hwayeong group (like for example the subsidiary company)

The chairman had this idea to make the hospital the pillar of the Hwayeong group.

For that, he needs the support from the hospital staff.

• Like 3

Random thought:

just finished watching again as last night I skipped some parts.

Truly Chairman Cho is so scary. I can see that Mr. Gu is trying to warn Dr Oh of the what the consequences she is getting....ooh my goodness, I can feel the scariness that Dr Oh is feeling and facing at the end of the episode. And I am sure now Mr. Gu is firing all those four with reason which the strongest one is to save them from the cruelty of The Chairman Cho. And true enough as what @pompyavi said that the hospital staff will blame Mr. Gu of what is happening. Chairman Cho is trying to exclude Mr. Gu in his decision on what action he will take but still Mr. Gu will be blamed. I am anxious to wait for what the writer will do now for the next episodes. Now I pity Mr. Gu.....hope he can find way out from the problem. 

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

That's why I believe that GSH can only get rid of the chairman's influence if

- he fires the director of the restructure team

- he changes his plan and stop supporting the Hwayeong group (like for example the subsidiary company)

The chairman had this idea to make the hospital the pillar of the Hwayeong group.

For that, he needs the support from the hospital staff.

For that he needs to open up to someone. That's far from happening. Entire hospital see him as a malicious jerk except Lee No Eul( may be now she also). He trusts glutton but doesn't discuss anything with him because that would put him in danger. Plus it would be a tough battle. The hospital is totally owned by Hwajeong. They can fire the entire staff and bring a new one. Plus hurting family members is a piece of cake for them. And if Seung Hyo really want to take them down , then he has to come up with a secret plan with the few of the hospital staff. Everybody can't be involved as more the people, the word spreads easily.

Also, when Dr Oh asked him whether he turned a blind eye for 10  years. I don't think so. He surely might have tried to expose. But may be was threatened or made to see something really scary. Otherwise the way he behaved in front of his boss clearly indicates how afraid is he of him

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

For that he needs to open up to someone. That's far from happening. Entire hospital see him as a malicious jerk except Lee No Eul( may be now she also). He trusts glutton but doesn't discuss anything with him because that would put him in danger. Plus it would be a tough battle. The hospital is totally owned by Hwajeong. They can fire the entire staff and bring a new one. Plus hurting family members is a piece of cake for them. And if Seung Hyo really want to take them down , then he has to come up with a secret plan with the few of the hospital staff. Everybody can't be involved as more the people, the word spreads easily.

Also, when Dr Oh asked him whether he turned a blind eye for 10  years. I don't think so. He surely might have tried to expose. But may be was threatened or made to see something really scary. Otherwise the way he behaved in front of his boss clearly indicates how afraid is he of him

I agree with you that GSH knows the true nature of the chairman. The latter hates GSH hence he has already planned to get rid of him the moment he is no longer needed. As long as he can use GSH for his own benefit (his most efficient worker), he can not dispose of him. In my opinion, GSH needs to use the media too. The journalist clearly saw the right connection between Chong and the chairman Cho behind the scandal of the Speaker. However, in order to reveal the whole thing, she needs GSH as a witness. 

Yet Dr. Ye has no real idea of the big picture. He just perceives GSH as the main culprit... while in reality, the chairman is actually the real villain. I hope, the journalist can correct his view on this.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I agree with you that GSH knows the true nature of the chairman. The latter hates GSH hence he has already planned to get rid of him the moment he is no longer needed. As long as he can use GSH for his own benefit (his most efficient worker), he can not dispose of him. In my opinion, GSH needs to use the media too. The journalist clearly saw the right connection between Chong and the chairman Cho behind the scandal of the Speaker. However, in order to reveal the whole thing, she needs GSH as a witness. 

Yet Dr. Ye has no real idea of the big picture. He just perceives GSH as the main culprit... while in reality, the chairman is actually the real villain. I hope, the journalist can correct his view on this.

True. 

Let's see how this one is gonna end. Fighting

• Like 2

For someone as successful/ busy as GSH, I find it strange to have both parents living with him. His parents looked like they stay at home a lot, not the kind to go out and about on their own. I'm thinking that GSH dragged his parents to live together so that they won't fall into Hwajeong people in case he screw things at work.

I also suspect there is more story to his driver, because for a character that hardly talks, there were a few moments when the camera lingers at the driver. It reminded me a bit at Prosecutor Yoon in SF where he ended up being an accomplice of Chief Prosecutor Lee. I mean, GSH and his driver has a formal and cold relationship (the driver doesn't ask about his day or anything), yet GSH allowed that guy to watch him being dagged by his mom. Probably so that IF the driver is Chairman Cho's spy, a normal daily report like that won't make the boss suspicious.

It is fortunate that Ms kang seems to know the kind of trouble chairman Cho can be that she doesn't need to ask him much about it.

• Like 10

Okay, just want to say something about Jin-woo and Seung-Hyo’s relationship. Seung-Hyo’s character was expected to change, I wasn’t surprised and am enjoying watching JSW doing his stuffs on screen :) I really really like the way LSY writes president Goo’s transformation.  Goo is indeed the antigen to Jin-woo’s antibodies.  Jin-woo’s character is the way he is for a reason.   I’m sad that the viewers are frustrated at LDW’s performance.

Let’s take for example your typical flu vaccine and we may all get year after year.  If you look at how the vaccine works, we introduce antigens into your body to prompt the body to produce the antibodies to the combination of flu strains ahead of time.  So when the real flu hits you, the body hopefully already has the defense mechanisms to fight off.  When anything foreign comes into your body, the body’s defense has no idea if it’s harmful or beneficial and will send immune cells all out at full speed to fight off the foreign invaders.  When Goo first came with his drastic cuts plan, it triggered a strong response from the hospital staff. Even if he didn’t have anything controversial, he is already facing the corporate vs employee stand off.  Jin-woo is a busy ER physician who is not only overwhelmed with his work but is preoccupied with taking care of his own brother.  He is not fully awared of other issues outside of his own needs at the time.  President Lee’s death happened at the same time as the hospital restructuring woke Jin-woo up just like the antigen would to your own body.  Jin-woo was unsure of himself in the beginning, what he can do, how to do it, etc... His ways of doing things can be seen as underhanded (posting the reports anonymously after breaking in), weak (not taking ownership and responsibilities by letting Dr. Joo take the blame),  short sighted (helping the reporter at the expense of the family’s grief, not addressing the news agency’s part in her death).  He feels this obligation to continue his mentor’s ideal fight.  Though honorable in intention, Jin-woo has to find his way like everyone else.  In his passionate all out effort to fight evil management, he hasn’t taken the time to figure out who his real enemies are or what it means to fight righteously for his cause. The way he reacts is how your body would be doing, acting and reacting out indiscrimately when is first faced with an invaders.  After enough time has passed for the immune system to do its job, the body will learn that the flu vaccine is actually helping it forms the right defense and antibodies against the real flu, its true enemies.  I actually think Jin-woo’s characterization is very accurate in this context. 

For Seung-Hyo who is indeed the hidden helper flu vaccine, he also undergoes the change in character as the drama progresses.  I agree with all the above posts regarding Seung-Hyo.  He is in a difficult situation where he must weigh the consequences of his actions against his intended targets. He is ruthless and merciless when is pitted against opponents of nefarious nature.  All the business dealings for Hwayeong in the dark business world, he’s out cutthroat wise.  He has no problems with his approach and methods.  His impression and approach with Sangkook is the same in the beginning with the board and the medication errors.  No-Eul and Jin-woo in their own way, changed him just as the body immune system modified the flu virus into something beneficial for the body.   I do wish No-Eul did it through her actions instead of by talking (my main complaint with the script’s missed opportunity here).  Jin-woo with his passionate campaign to remove Dr Goo seems naive but is actually desired in term of immunity and getting the body prepared.  The stronger the response, the better to defend against the real flu.  In Jin-woo’s case, Sangkook needed to put aside its internal divisions and unite if it wants to survive against the conglomerate. For Seung-Hyo,  perhaps he has been waiting all along for the right cause and a way to leave Hwayeong.  No-Eul and Jin-woo may seem idealistic and naive in their thinkings, but they affect him because of the very same reasons.  In a way, Jin-woo’s rally to unite the physisicans, if is a success would give Seung-Hyo more courage to do the right thing.  Seung-Hyo has to reveal his intentions, but to whom?  The only person I can think of at this point that can help bring Jin-woo and Seung-Hyo to see eye to eye are Sun-woo Chang and Nurse Kim. haha Maybe it’s my wish to see the two together.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

14 hours ago, dzareth said:

For someone as successful/ busy as GSH, I find it strange to have both parents living with him. His parents looked like they stay at home a lot, not the kind to go out and about on their own. I'm thinking that GSH dragged his parents to live together so that they won't fall into Hwajeong people in case he screw things at work.

Hmm maybe because it’s pretty common in Asian family to stay with parents, especially for an only child like GSH. I just remember in ep 12 when Chairman Cho learnt about Dr. Joo family. He asked to left Dr. Joo’s kid and wife behind. So I think he is not the type who want to mess with people who don’t have anything to do with him. I think GSH’s parents are pretty safe. But well it probably can change.

• Like 4

Due to real life commitments I'm watching this at snail's pace just because I think this is one of those shows one has to really pay attention to otherwise something really important gets missed. An interesting coincidence is that our resident teenager is doing a school assignment on organ transplantation at the moment. 

But I am eager to know if anything further develops between Jin Woo and the reporter that interviewed him about the hospital. Because for a brief moment I saw light in his eyes. He's a walking cloud of gloom usually but with her there was a man who wanted to be vulnerable with a woman. It was rather adorable actually. @triplem -- would appreciate your input here. ;)

It is fascinating and perhaps not surprising that it was a pediatrician who treated President Gu as a human being not an effigy of the Hwaseong Group. I don't think much of President Gu's initial early approach in dealing with the medicos but they're not much better in terms of how they frame him. Their tendency to see him as "The Enemy" where the battlelines of a prolonged skirmish have been drawn shows up their professional egotism as much as it demonstrates his one-size fits all mentality that working life in the hospital is just another day in the office. It's clear that he isn't all about the bottom line but I imagine he never thought he had to stroke the egos of the doctors or at least show some interest in what the various specializations do. 

I suppose doctors more than other professionals hold life and death in their hands on a regular basis. It is a risky business diagnosing conditions, prescribing medications, attempting procedures. I can see how some might develop god-like complexes. But most (I would hope) just want to get on with doing their job well and be respected for having to juggle with the difficulties in their professions without having to contend with power plays at work or workplace disputes. (Although that's a pipe dream in any case) To a large degree I understand the importance of professional pride etc and getting respect for all of one's years spent in study as well as the experience gained through working in the field. I am sympathetic. There's a great deal of specialization in professional jobs. It was a common complaint in a previous place of employment that there was a lack of understanding re: the complexity of what individual staff members did which often resulted in a mismatch with management expectations.

Clearly the writer is seeking some kind of middle of the road position in which there is room for negotiation. It's clear that a large business entity has the resources to fund the kinds of equipment that a world class facility would dearly love to have and it is really in the long-term interest of corporate to take care of their staff in order to maintain the hospital's reputation and quality in patient care. I think President Gu could potentially be the man to take them there because he understands service quality. if either side stops seeing the other as adversaries in some political battle. It is in his interest to listen to their concerns even if they come across as whiners and troublemakers initially.

I loved the visit to the neonatal facility. Loved seeing President Gu out of his comfort zone and putting a human face to all the dollars. Bubs in the cribs were so tiny and I'd almost forgotten how tiny they can be esp. the premmies. This is something all the chiefs of the departments should have been doing instead of just whining about the new president. But it's clear that the Assist. Director has his own agenda which is perhaps why it isn't in his interest to help improve relations with the new management.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, triplem said:

:lol:! Yes you asked the right person. That was the one thing I was most eager to find out in the early episodes. Good news , there will be some sort of development. Romance is not front & centre of this drama, though the writer throws a life line once in a while to keep the ships afloat . :sweatingbullets:

Of course I did. :D "... will be some sort of development"? What? Only 4 episodes to go and there hasn't been much progress since Episode 5? :w00t: Thanks for the warning. ;) Luckily I've only just finished Episode 7. 

Realistically I don't really expect much romance in this although I can see President Gu's becoming more than a little bit professionally interested in Dr Lee No-Eul as well. I like that she's trying to be fair and take people as they come. It's great to see his discomfiture when she's around. Also funny is how his PA is crushing on the Ye Brothers... LOL... This is the third time I'm seeing her on screen this year. She's such a good actress and every role has been different.

_____

Oh, I was right. The Assist Director is quite dodgy. Ironic isn't it that he got caught out when he started bragging so that he could get elected Director.  I learnt something today from the show about orthopedic surgery. ;) It's just as well... because if I get to live past 65, I will be a ripe candidate for knee and/or hip surgery.

It's so obvious the hospital really needs a good clean up and a serious injection of funding. The former Director might have been a good man and even a good doctor but he probably wasn't a great administrator. A new regime is sorely needed.

• Like 6

Photo time. :D

While waiting for the autopsy to be done, Jin-woo steps outside into the sunshine. He then looked up at the heaven while we hear the grieving mother as voiceover: "Do you even consider our daughter human?"

Posting for the pretty.

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.52.41

Spoiler

Screenshot 2018-08-29 19.29.11Screenshot 2018-08-29 19.30.22

Have you really thought about all the variables, Jin-woo?

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.58.02

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.58.09Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.58.28

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.58.16

I mean do you remember these guys exist?  You know... the black limousines and entourage.

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.59.07

Seun-woo appeared less and less these days for Jin-woo.  He did make his presence known here when Jin-woo wrecked his brain trying to get an independent witness to attend the autopsy. One of a few times when Jin-woo ignored his brother's advice: "It's too cruel". :( 

Jin-woo is learning to assert his own values, stumbling and not all perfect at first try ... 

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.51.17Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.51.26

Jin-woo doesn't own a dark suit.  This is his first time writing to a patient's family.  Caring beyond the white lab coat.

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.54.09

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.56.27

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.56.40

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.57.39

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.57.16Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.53.33

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.53.52

Trust is a powerful ally.  Mistakes happen, everyone gets a second chance to change.  Don't you kill off Dr Oh or Joo, Hwayeong!

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.50.29

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.49.52

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.50.00

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.49.12

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.49.22

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.49.30

For all the people behind the scenes who make a difference.  And try hard in spite of not perfect themselves.

Spoiler

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.55.02

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.46.35

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.47.34

Please save our Goo, BFF!

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.47.55

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.48.25

There's much left to do at HIRA, let's get back to work Seon-woo.

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.45.50

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.45.58

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.46.04

Nothing happens by accident even the elevator rides.

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.54.42

OK, someone explains to me why the need to click the light on and off? :lol:

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.45.09

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.45.19

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.59.41

Mr. Goo. In need of wrinkle cream.

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.44.59

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.48.52

Spoiler

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.48.45

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.52.27Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.51.56

You two can surely outsmart the guy below.

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.52.09

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.53.17

Credit:  JTBC

• Like 7

9 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

But I am eager to know if anything further develops between Jin Woo and the reporter

It is fascinating and perhaps not surprising that it was a pediatrician who treated President Gu as a human being not an effigy of the Hwaseong Group. I don't think much of President Gu's initial early approach in dealing with the medicos but they're not much better in terms of how they frame him. Their tendency to see him as "The Enemy" where the battlelines of a prolonged skirmish have been drawn shows up their professional egotism as much as it demonstrates his one-size fits all mentality that working life in the hospital is just another day in the office. It's clear that he isn't all about the bottom line but I imagine he never thought he had to stroke the egos of the doctors or at least show some interest in what the various specializations do. 

But most (I would hope) just want to get on with doing their job well and be respected for having to juggle with the difficulties in their professions without having to contend with power plays at work or workplace disputes.

Clearly the writer is seeking some kind of middle of the road position in which there is room for negotiation. It's clear that a large business entity has the resources to fund the kinds of equipment that a world class facility would dearly love to have and it is really in the long-term interest of corporate to take care of their staff in order to maintain the hospital's reputation and quality in patient care. I think President Gu could potentially be the man to take them there because he understands service quality. if either side stops seeing the other as adversaries in some political battle. It is in his interest to listen to their concerns even if they come across as whiners and troublemakers initially.

I loved the visit to the neonatal facility. Loved seeing President Gu out of his comfort zone and putting a human face to all the dollars. Bubs in the cribs were so tiny and I'd almost forgotten how tiny they can be esp. the premmies. This is something all the chiefs of the departments should have been doing instead of just whining about the new president. But it's clear that the Assist. Director has his own agenda which is perhaps why it isn't in his interest to help improve relations with the new management.

Things between Jin-woo and reporter are progressing. I won't believe she's his love interest until he gives her a 1000+ vit C drink.

Well, you can't blame the hospitalist for their battle ready mentality.  Hwayeong is EVIL. :lol: I think Goo needs to be invited to the board meetings, don't you think?  In all seriousness, it benefits everyone to work together but it will only work if the company is the right fit for the hospital staff.  At this point, Hwayeong's interest and vision don't align with Sangkook.  The writer is continuously asking us to be vigilant and stir that stagnant water.  

We have volunteers who would come in and hold these premies throughout the day in the NICU.  You'd get mesmerized by them, it's a great stress reducer and put life and all its meaning into a different perspective.

10 hours ago, purpose said:

Hmm maybe because it’s pretty common in Asian family to stay with parents, especially for an only child like GSH. I just remember in ep 12 when Chairman Cho learnt about Dr. Joo family. He asked to left Dr. Joo’s kid and wife behind. So I think he is not the type who want to mess with people who don’t have anything to do with him. I think GSH’s parents are pretty safe. But well it probably can change.

My impression is that Goo is a down to earth guy who live a simple normal life with his parents.  He likes their company.  He gets to be himself, unguarded, with the people whom he can trust and required no negotiation.  Funny that his parents have very little knowledge what he does.  They just know he used to work for a logistic shipping (?) company (can't remember what it was) and now has transferred to the healthcare field.  To them, that's a plus cuz they get the free medical benefits :lol: 

8 hours ago, triplem said:

I think the message here,  at least for me , is that both corporations ( represented by the top management) & their employees should learn to view each other as partners rather then enemies. From what I have seen so far, it feels like the equity owners are all out to exploit the staff making profit maximisation seem like a zero sum game. But history has shown that it doesn’t always have to be.

I think the drama also stresses the importance of transparency by both corporations and the hospital staff/physicians.  As well as reminding patients to be vigilant and stay informed of their healthcare choices.

6 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Realistically I don't really expect much romance in this although I can see President Gu's becoming more than a little bit professionally interested in Dr Lee No-Eul as well. I like that she's trying to be fair and take people as they come. It's great to see his discomfiture when she's around. Also funny is how his PA is crushing on the Ye Brothers... LOL... This is the third time I'm seeing her on screen this year. She's such a good actress and every role has been different.

_____

Oh, I was right. The Assist Director is quite dodgy. Ironic isn't it that he got caught out when he started bragging so that he could get elected Director.  I learnt something today from the show about orthopedic surgery. ;) It's just as well... because if I get to live past 65, I will be a ripe candidate for knee and/or hip surgery.

It's so obvious the hospital really needs a good clean up and a serious injection of funding. The former Director might have been a good man and even a good doctor but he probably wasn't a great administrator. A new regime is sorely needed.

LOL. Did you cringe when they show the OR scene where Dr. Kim drill the knee? haha..  Let's hope there will still be plenty of C- and K-dramas for us to watch in bed while we recover post surgeries.:lol:

Yes, No-Eul is the open-minded one tho she doesn't seem to have complete understanding of both Mr Goo's predicaments or character.  I don't know if she fully understands Dr. Oh either.  She's the timid type who doesn't like confrontation so she goes about things passive aggressively to hope for change :D  I wish she voices her opinions more in the daytime and to others besides nice people like Jin-woo and Dr. Joo. 

Yes x 2.  Most physicians are not trained to be good administrators nor do they have the interest.    The politics of hospital board members and directorship require a different breed of physicians.  The drama said it well.  You have to get involved.

• Like 6

Oh my so many new developments...

I think, Jin Woo is still all the same, hard-headed and unswerving in his path for the justice he thinks is right. I don't think he thinks of himself as a good person? (Ah, I was so uncomfortable when he just went right up to the parents and wanted an autopsy like) And, he's quite vengeful, our dearest Dr Joo was the one to suggest that Director Oh get to announce it herself - it would make more sense and carry more weight for her to say it, but it sure looks like Jin Woo can't look past her title.

I'm worried for our Sun Woos. Jin Woo might not be afraid, but they will go after Sun Woo first - I was waiting for Dr Joo to tell Jin Woo that Sun Woo will be in danger, but I guess Dr Joo also wants the truth. And our Sun Woo Chang will swoop in and save our President Goo from the big bad President Jo... ah please keep them all safe. Also, President Goo, atb protecting everyone but in particular Dr. No Eul who seems to have found her strength, not in taking action herself but in pushing people with more power to take action. (These protective relationships are so precious)

Lastly, :( Oh no Director Oh, I hope you'll be fine, you gave me back that hope that you're not 95% bad, there's still a chance, you still have your medical pride, but if you're dead then that's no good. Also, that preview gave me the creeps...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, abyssal said:

...our dearest Dr Joo was the one to suggest that Director Oh get to announce it herself - it would make more sense and carry more weight for her to say it, but it sure looks like Jin Woo can't look past her title.

I thought it was the kindest and most thoughful act by Dr. Joo.  He wanted to give Dr. Oh a chance to correct her mistake.  Wise man.

• Like 3

Hi here. Mostly silent lurker since had holidays and biz trips. Just caught up with last eps. Glad for the ratings but buzz is weak ottoke. Hopefully YJW controversy, LDW Chanel events and CSW movie events will bring Life higher in buzzworthy ratings.  

@bedifferent thank you for your post with analysis about antigen/antibody. The most thoughtful post I have read about both YJW and GSH except of those I read on private chats/forums. You surely has read some synopsis, characters' descriptions and some articles....unlike everyone else who just opt to hate. 

The only thing I want disagree is this

5 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Hide contents

Seun-woo appeared less and less these days for Jin-woo.  He did make his presence known here when Jin-woo wrecked his brain trying to get an independent witness to attend the autopsy. One of a few times when Jin-woo ignored his brother's advice: "It's too cruel". :( 

Jin-woo is learning to assert his own values, stumbling and not all perfect at first try ... 

It's not Seun woo who Jin Woo has ignored. It's his inner voice. I believe I am 100% right here, that imaginary Seun Woo its Jin Woo's inner voice, but in form of his brother who's walking (and this theory is confirmed by late Director Lee). Its projection which his brain and soul makes. But its Jin Woo...his thoughts and his hesitations. And it's him himself who told that it's cruel. And lated while walking in the park we have heard another proof that he had inner fight....the mother's voice. 

On the other hand I do agree with ppl that JinWoo is impulsive person. But he's growing, developing, changing (and thats what has been stated in his character's description). 

How you can expect from the ordinary ER doctor (who's neither genious nor hero) who's not really into hospital and outside politics to act wisely and to have Plan B,C,D. If you want that go and watch Healer or YoungPal. Life is life drama where characters are acting in a down to earth beliavable way. GSH is changing because of LNE? Thats how shippers think. NO. He changes because of mix of her and other doctors (yes,yes, your hated YJW as well). I seriously doubt people are GSH fans when they think he's changing because of LNE. Nothing to be proud about when man changes his believes only because of woman. 

YJW is changing because of LBH's death, GSH's appointment, meeting with brave reporter who he likes, the death of informator. But how can you expect the ordinary doctor to be aware of Hwajeong group? Or how can he know that GSH in his desire to protect LNE will fire all of them? Ofc he doesnt cause he's still narrow minded doctor who's trying hadr to keep the hospital as it was with LBH. 

You're calling him "coward" for "hiding" behind JKM back or sending report annonymously. But think how people in his position would do in real life. Try to be unbiassed and forget about heroic characters and your love towards GSH. It's totally corresponds to the way people would act in real life. He cant openly confront GSH because he's ER doc who can't even vote on president's elections. But in ep13 he apparently is on the edge and thinks of GSH as the biggest evil. Simply because he doesnt even consider that GSH is just a small piece of this chain and that he's servant to the real EVIL guy. 

What I hope is that YJW and GSH will have an honest convo and will understand that they should unite. YJW's passion and sense of justice and GSH's knowledge of this family for 10 years and ability to act cool headed and create Plan B.

p.s. I have seen some fancams taken on the one of the last shooting day of Ye Brothers. They have been together + reporter girl. Hopefully it will be real Seun Woo. 

• Like 1

I thought ep. 10 was a disappointing departure from the previous episodes. To my mind, the  ploy to get the autopsy photos into the hands of YJW  was totally incredible and felt jarring. The ninja warriors ploy, albeit to a far lesser extent,  also begged credulity. To be clear, I thoroughly enjoyed the earlier episodes and thought the writer had convincingly brought the viewers along the complicated plot developments.  Any thoughts about this from other commentators?

• Like 1