Quantcast
Jump to content
larus

[Drama 2018] Life 라이프

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Jusyed said:

I hope that the reason he is firing all those four including Dr. NE is not merely to get rid of them but it is for their sake since the CEO is not a person to mess up with. 

 

I want to hate Mr. Gu of what he is doing /following all the nonsense from the CEO, but I think he has a human side in him. Whatever he decides, he takes all things into consideration. Earlier, he did not fire JW and merely accepted the reason by Dr. Joo. He agreed to autopsy fearing that the CEO might harm many doctors (JW, SW, NE, and Dr. Joo), and to evade the mess from the CEO he has to take outsiders to do the autopsy and eventually the briefing but things were out of hand when Dr. Oh did the briefing without his consent. And knowing the cruelty of the CEO he has to take swift and dramatic actions. And somehow I think JW is kinda of "stupid" (do not get me wrong) doing thing just one dimensional.

 

Honestly, I am quite sad with Dr. Ne and Mr. Gu so-called "break-up" relationship. I do hope they will "reconcile" very soon and clear the misunderstanding (what I mean she will understand the stake that Mr.Gu is at now when working under the CEO). 

 

OOh, another 2 weeks to go before saying goodbye to LIFE.

 

@bedifferent normally the sub will be out at Neflix  1 or 2 hours after the real time drama ended. Same as the ep 12, it came out with sub after 1  1/2 half hour after it ended. 

 

I got your point but I don't think Mr.Gu it's all good or right. Yes he is a capable busness man, yes he can reconoice humanity and has a soft side. But he is a busness  man and his work comes first. He knows how his boss work but still choose to work for him. If he es so well prepared he can go and work for another company. He knows how this company work and accepted it. So he works for the evel man, a crazy, no scrupulus man, and he accept it . I don't know ir he is afraid, or he wants to prove  himself. Yes we see his familly suports him and care. So he knows right from wrong.  And still accept the outcome of his work. This is not something to decide to pardon him or not because he choose it. As far as what would happend in the remaining episodes would be a great sorprise. 

I can see that this drama is the right between  busness taken to the extreme and humanity losing it's force.  At a world were bought need to function smootly so the hospital can work at  best. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, roli said:

I got your point but I don't think Mr.Gu it's all good or right. Yes he is a capable busness man, yes he can reconoice humanity and has a soft side. But he is a busness  man and his work comes first. He knows how his boss work but still choose to work for him. If he es so well prepared he can go and work for another company. He knows how this company work and accepted it. So he works for the evel man, a crazy, no scrupulus man, and he accept it . I don't know ir he is afraid, or he wants to prove  himself. Yes we see his familly suports him and care. So he knows right from wrong.  And still accept the outcome of his work. This is not something to decide to pardon him or not because he choose it. As far as what would happend in the remaining episodes would be a great sorprise. 

I can see that this drama is the right between  busness taken to the extreme and humanity losing it's force.  At a world were bought need to function smootly so the hospital can work at  best. 

Yes I agree with you.

But as far as I remember, Seung Hyo is a scholarship student from Hwajeong. And I don't think that Hwajeong will provide you something for free. So it might be because of that he has to work for them. And if the chairman can harm the patient's family, he can do that to Seung Hyo's family as well.

(Sorry to pitch in)

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello everyone here. it so quiet around here. first time i saw a thread with big name and from well praised writer got so little attention from soompi forum. i guess N e t f l i x really does ruin the drama watching experience.

 

i just want to ask a bit but please dont think anything bad about this in case i might hurt fans the actors. what did you really think about Ye Jin Woo character in here?  people kept talking about President Gu gray character. where anything he do whether its bad or good will be excuse. but i rarely see people talk about his character. do you think he's stupid and naive with drip of false sense of righteousness for charging into situation with the dead girl like from every part of kdrama forum who discuss about this drama?

 

i guess im too bias too lee dong wook that i feel this drama making that the some doctor looks  too stupid and too naive for thinking about their patients more and need to have cunning brain to protect their patients and their livelihood and need outsider to save them from their reckless act. 

 

i need more interaction from YJW and GSH like in secret forest because right now with 4 ep left, i dont see any substantial that can make them work together like JSW and BDN character. 

 

if i insinuate anything with this post, im so sorry to those who are offended. 

 

more than romance, i wish they work more on YJW and GSH bromance. the lady is strong on their own without needing the loveline since it does nothing to viewer and infuriate their disdain anyway. poor WJA who got the brunt of unnecessary hate from knetz and some international viewers.

 

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pompyavi said:

Yes I agree with you.

But as far as I remember, Seung Hyo is a scholarship student from Hwajeong. And I don't think that Hwajeong will provide you something for free. So it might be because of that he has to work for them. And if the chairman can harm the patient's family, he can do that to Seung Hyo's family as well.

(Sorry to pitch in)

 

I was thinking about what Dr.NoEul said to SeungHyo about there must be more a businessment want than just handing out paycheck. I was wondering why President Gu keep working for such corrupt fearsome conglomerate? Day after day making deals for Hwajeong group. Is he satisfied with his life? He's talented, knowledges, skills, and experienced, any decent place would be greatful to have him. But President Gu has seen too much of Hwajeong group dirty laundry, Seung Hyo fear his boss like any should fear a corrupt powerful Chaebol. Once you get entangle, it's hard to untangle your self out and retreat unharm. How could Hwangjeong let President Gu leave? that would be business suicide?!

 

Maybe this is why Seung Hyo don't show to have much friends, just a group of nesscersary people around him, the only known friends - Sunwoo - they have to go hidden and have secret nicknamed for each other. Sunwoo nicknamed him "worker ant" what does SeungHyo nicknamed SunWoo in his phone? No Eul shows friendliness/little flirt - with no harm or hidden agenda - it's nice to make friends get to know new people, no plotting against you - but now president Gu must retreat before getting No Eul entangle. 

 

Because of YW's bright eyed bushy tailed trying to re-write wrongs White Knight actions, Dr.NoEul, Dr.Joo & his brother might have to pay the price. I think Black Knight - President Gu is trying to save them all, he is unsucessfull at the end of this episode with the autopsy result. I think firing all 4 of them probably the best way President Gu could save them all. Black Knight President Gu consantly trying to do crisis management. Sir, but who is going to save you - take you away from Hwajeong group?!

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Ha Tinh Nhi said:

 

Maybe this is why Seung Hyo don't show to have much friends, just a nesscersary people around him, the only known friends - Sunwoo - they have to go hidden and have secret nicknamed for each other. Sunwoo nicknamed him "worker ant" what does SeungHyo nicknamed SunWoo in his phone? No Eul shows friendliness/little flirt - with no harm or hidden agenda - it's nice to make friends get to know new people, plotting against you - but now president Gu must retreat before getting No Eul entangle.

Exactly. Because if he gets close to someone that person would become his weakness and also his/her life would be in constant danger. Moreover in that group nobody would support him even if he wants to change things. Everyone is keen to throw him out because they see him a lowly person not suitable to sit with them. They will dump all their corrupt deeds on Seung Hyo. His boss also doesn't like him, the only reason he is keeping him is because of his talent. He is the only one who can handle the cargo union. And letting him go means putting your own business in water. So the chairman will go to any extent to retain him. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ha Tinh Nhi said:

 

I was thinking about what Dr.NoEul said to SeungHyo about there must be more a businessment want than just handing out paycheck. I was wondering why President Gu keep working for such corrupt fearsome conglomerate? Day after day making deals for HwangJeong group. Is he satisfied with his life? He's talented, knowledges, skills, and experienced, any decent place would be greatful to have him. But President Gu has seen too much of Hwajeong group dirty laundry, Seung Hyo fear his boss like any should fear a corrupt powerful Chaebol. Once you get entangle, it's hard to untangle your self out and retreat unharm. How could Hwangjeong let President Gu leave? that would be business suicided?!

 

9

 

I think why he keeps working for Hwa Jeong because:

1. his loyalty towards the previous chairman, or

2. he has witnessed how Hwajeong Group's family treats people they despise, so he is afraid Hwajeong Group will do it for him and his family if he becomes unloyal, or

3. it's the evil part of his personality (ambitious and doesn't have empathy as long as he achieves his dream).

 

Well, I doubt the no 3 because we can see he actually wants to protect the doctors (and, well, himself) but with the unpleasant way. It seems like he wants to fire some doctors in the next episode.

 

I agree that YJW was so careless about how he took care of the autopsy part but I cut him some slack because maybe he only thinks it's all GSH wrongdoing. He only knows that GSH is the man behind all of these things (as we can see in ep 13 preview he wants to kick GSH out). If only he knows that the problem is far bigger than that and involves a conglomerate group maybe he would be more careful. Now I wonder if Hwajeong Group is really that scary and what will happen to Dr. Oh.

 

Poor YSW he must think he would be a burden for YJW-CSH relationship because he wants to move out and lives alone. Wow so he is the one who caused the accident, imagine the guilty for the rest of his life.

 

I am afraid something bad would happen to LNE because of the white chrysanthemum scene. It might be a premonition that something bad would happen to LNE because of GSH. Isn't the white chrysanthemum related to funeral and death in SK? CMIW.

 

Aaaa I miss GSH-SWC bromance. I wish SWC would be there for GSH after he was hurt by Chairman Cho. Kudos for Chairman Cho actor because he is indeed so scary hahaha.

 

ps : why does GSH look really hot when he was playing with the lamp switch???

  • Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After watching subbed E12, I realized I was totally wrong about the trio Dr. Joo, Ye, and Oh together.  :lol: Both episodes this week were great.

 

First, I want to drop off these screenshots of Seon-woo, my second favorite character after Seung-Hyo.  Viewers finally got the backstory on his childhood, most importantly, that he was the reason why the car accident happened 26 years ago.  Jin-woo mentioned Seon-woo regressed and became distance as a child.  So much that Jin-woo imagined a physically abled younger brother in his place to lean on for advice when needed.  Sad to see the wall between them is built with guilt from both sides. Seon-woo never let go of the guilt for his dad's death and Jin-woo absorbing the guilt of being the lucky one.

 

Their mom remarried, I'm guessing after both boys have grown to be fine physicians.  She doted on Seon-woo when he was in school.  You can tell he felt burdened by her openly affection, perhaps even too much as she made him more self conscious of his handicap whenever they are in public.  As a mom, it breaks her to know Seon-woo must have struggled against the world where he is unprotected and alone.  She continues to carry the guilt of abandoning him.

 

fullsizeoutput_2865

 

Spoiler
fullsizeoutput_2863

 

fullsizeoutput_2862

 

For which Seon-woo understood and is grateful for Mom not putting her life and happiness on hold forever.  I think this is why their meetings always are joyful.

 

fullsizeoutput_2866

 

Spoiler
fullsizeoutput_2857fullsizeoutput_285bfullsizeoutput_2864

 

fullsizeoutput_2861

 

Upon hearing he is planning to move out, she breaks down again with the dreaded thought that he will be alone.  In voice over, Seon-woo admits that the move is not due to Jin-woo or her.  The same night, he began to write a letter to tell her the truth behind the accidents years ago.  

 

I have to say I don't agree totally with with how Seon-woo is shielding his medical condition from his family.  He's probably doing this to prevent the burden and sacrifice they will have to make for him once again. So much sadness in Seon-woo these days, I miss the twinkles in his eyes, how he is around Ms Kang... most of all, how dignified and righteous the HIRA inspector was in front of Seung-Hyo.  I hope to see that fighting spirit again soon.

 

fullsizeoutput_2868

 

fullsizeoutput_285ffullsizeoutput_2867fullsizeoutput_285e

Credit:  Netflix

 

Like @Ha Tinh Nhi, I luv the feelings-run-deep way ER Chief Lee treats JIn-woo.  Their conversation toward the end of the episode is closest to the father-son talk Jin-woo missed from Director Lee.  Whereas the deceased man inspires the idealistic in Jin-woo, Chief Lee's more pragmatic.  Asking the same question to Jin-woo as the one to Seung-Hyo, can he turn a blind eye toward the world outside of his ER?  To do or not do the right thing?

 

fullsizeoutput_285c
Spoiler

 

fullsizeoutput_2860fullsizeoutput_285afullsizeoutput_2858

 

 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, purpose said:

Aaaa I miss GSH-SWC bromance. I wish SWC would be there for GSH after he was hurt by Chairman Cho. Kudos for Chairman Cho actor because he is indeed so scary hahaha.

 

ps : why does GSH look really hot when was playing with the lamp switch???

 

I love  "Glutton" tailing assistant president - such loyal to "Worker Ant" - but you have to be careful "Glutton". I'm more scare for "Glutton" SW.  I think this is the 1st drama where I care so much about Tae In Ho's character.

 

PS:  President GSH is so hot, I will have a hard time letting him go, along with letting Life & Summer go. There will be lot's mourning time for me. 

 

Can 2 grown man be anymore cuter?!

 

tumblr_pe7idxZF9W1sstjovo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pe7idxZF9W1sstjovo2_1280.jpg

 

  • Like 9
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, purpose said:

 

I am afraid something bad would happen to LNE because of the white chrysanthemum scene. It might be a premonition that something bad would happen to LNE because of GSH. Isn't the white chrysanthemum related to funeral and death in SK? CMIW.

Am more afraid for Seung Hyo now. He is trying to save all four of them by dismissing them. And from ep 12, I can say that chairman Nam has doubts on him. That's why he called the restructuring team director instead of Seung Hyo. And if he gets to know that to save them he has taken that decision then ..... I don't know what will happen.

 

Also I see a similarity between secret forest and life here. The situation Seung Hyo is in now in Life, the same situation Dr Joo was in secret forest. I remember he said something like once you get in, there's no way out unless death. Just a thought. 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pompyavi said:

 

But as far as I remember, Seung Hyo is a scholarship student from Hwajeong. And I don't think that Hwajeong will provide you something for free. So it might be because of that he has to work for them. And if the chairman can harm the patient's family, he can do that to Seung Hyo's family as well.

(Sorry to pitch in)

 

 Seung-Hyo was an intern for CEO Cho's father.  Their relationship was not amicable even when the man was alive, Cho obviously dislikes Seung-Hyo's lower class non-chaebol pedigree.  Is there something Cho has over Seung-Hyo that we don't know?  He's extremely fearful in his presence.  It's like marrying into the mob.  Seung-Hyo must have known but I'm thinking when Seung-Hyo was younger, he let his ambition guided him to a point of no return.  

 

 

3 hours ago, Ha Tinh Nhi said:

Maybe this is why Seung Hyo don't show to have much friends, just a group of nesscersary people around him, the only known friends - Sunwoo - they have to go hidden and have secret nicknamed for each other. Sunwoo nicknamed him "worker ant" what does SeungHyo nicknamed SunWoo in his phone? No Eul shows friendliness/little flirt - with no harm or hidden agenda - it's nice to make friends get to know new people, no plotting against you - but now president Gu must retreat before getting No Eul entangle. 

 

Because of YW's bright eyed bushy tailed trying to re-write wrongs White Knight actions, Dr.NoEul, Dr.Joo & his brother might have to pay the price. I think Black Knight - President Gu is trying to save them all, he is unsucessfull at the end of this episode with the autopsy result. I think firing all 4 of them probably the best way President Gu could save them all. Black Knight President Gu consantly trying to do crisis management. Sir, but who is going to save you - take you away from Hwajeong group?!

 

Sunwoo's Glutton...I think is a way Seung-Hyo use to remind himself of his weakness cuz I don't see Sunwoo exhibits this description.  I agree, he doesn't seem to be satisfy with his life or work.  Part is because he purposely suppresses any kind of emotion to stay level-headed as a strategist.  Deep inside, he tries to remain unattached to anyone so that he won't feel the emotional impact of his actions, manipulations, ruthless ways.  Making friends, really having best friends, would mean to bare yourself a little, to become vulnerable... that's not something he wants.  No one can know his weakness.   Seung-Hyo doesn't seem to crave power either, at least not in the way Dr. Oh or Dr Kim wants.  He's good in maneuvering situations and people out and into corners.

 

Pres Goo had the right idea.  To appease to the hospital staff by having the autopsy but brought in his own medical examiner to manipulate the finding under the guise of impartiality.  I wouldn't say it's the honest route but it would have saved Dr Oh.  I do want to applaud Dr. Oh for standing her ground today and chose to speak up.  Jin-woo has no choice though cuz he has to save the reporter.  It doesn't help that Jin-woo saw No-Eul at the funeral home with Goo and misunderstood the situation.  It's better if they all work together but Goo has somehow show his hands and intentions to someone he trusts.  I am hoping it will be Seon-woo whose strong ethics will help bring the men together.

 

2 hours ago, pompyavi said:

Exactly. Because if he gets close to someone that person would become his weakness and also his/her life would be in constant danger. Moreover in that group nobody would support him even if he wants to change things. Everyone is keen to throw him out because they see him a lowly person not suitable to sit with them. They will dump all their corrupt deeds on Seung Hyo. His boss also doesn't like him, the only reason he is keeping him is because of his talent. He is the only one who can handle the cargo union. And letting him go means putting your own business in water. So the chairman will go to any extent to retain him. 

 

Yes, agree.  Though I don't think Seung-Hyo is without fault.  He can be ruthless, void of ethics, corrupted, etc.. when he needs to be.  He does whatever is needed to stay alive in Hwayeong.  He understood and traded his soul for the position.  Deputy director once asked him to gauge his ambition. He didn't answer but I think Seung-Hyo is beginning to look down the spiral staircase and see the path he took to get to where he is.  It begins to affect him.  I don't think he is without remorse or feelings and cannot continue to turn a blind eye against Hwayeong.  But how how how to get out alive?

 

1 hour ago, purpose said:

 

Well, I doubt the no 3 because we can see he actually wants to protect the doctors (and, well, himself) although with the unpleasant way. It seems like he wants to fire some doctors in the next episode.

 

I agree that YJW was so careless about how he took care of the autopsy part but I cut him some slack because maybe he only thinks it's all GSH wrongdoing. He only knows that GSH is the man behind all of these things (as we can see in ep 13 preview he wants to kick GSH out). If only he knows that the problem is far bigger than that and involves a conglomerate group maybe he would be more careful. Now I wonder if Hwajeong Group is really that scary and what will happen to Dr. Oh.

 

I am afraid something bad would happen to LNE because of the white chrysanthemum scene. It might be a premonition that something bad would happen to LNE because of GSH. Isn't the white chrysanthemum related to funeral and death in SK? CMIW.

 

Aaaa I miss GSH-SWC bromance. I wish SWC would be there for GSH after he was hurt by Chairman Cho. Kudos for Chairman Cho actor because he is indeed so scary hahaha.

 

ps : why does GSH look really hot when was playing with the lamp switch???

 

lol, JSW has charisma!  Yes, he is firing them to save their lives.  Jin-woo is impulsive, think mostly because he has not done lots of politics.  It may not be in his personality either.  Dr Joo has to remind him of the consequences for the autopsy request.  Jin-woo knows of the Speaker's scandal but he is a little tunnel-visioned at seeing the big picture or who his enemies are.   No-Eul prides herself on being open-minded about people.  She naively thinks Goo can be changed overnight. 

 

The world needs more people like Jin-woo, bless him for the effort.  It only takes one person who doesn't turn a blind eye to make a difference. The trio of Dr. Joo, Dr Oh and Dr Ye is a good combination.

  • Like 6
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

Yes, agree.  Though I don't think Seung-Hyo is without fault.  He can be ruthless, void of ethics, corrupted, etc.. when he needs to be.  He does whatever is needed to stay alive in Hwayeong.  He understood and traded his soul for the position.  Deputy director once asked him to gauge his ambition. He didn't answer but I think Seung-Hyo is beginning to look down the spiral staircase and see the path he took to get to where he is.  It begins to affect him.  I don't think he is without remorse or feelings and cannot continue to turn a blind eye against Hwayeong.  But how how how to get out alive?

Correct. He is not without fault. He witnessed all the corrupt and dirty deeds, but still turned an blind eye to it. But the question is even if he did want to expose anything, how could he do that? Within Hwajeong nobody will support him. And am suspecting like every conglomerate Hwajeong has also some control over prosecution and police office. And may be even blue house. But yeah how to get out of that alive ??

 

34 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

The world needs more of Jin-woo, bless him for the effort.  It only takes one person who doesn't turn a blind eye to make a difference.

Definitely. When Jin woo was all by himself. He did things anonymously. But now he can do that openly because he has support in form of Dr Joo. Plus his department will also support him. With some persuasion, the whole hospital staff would surely.

But Seung Hyo doesn't have that. Even he does anything anonymously, he would be found out. He seriously needs someone whom he can open up to. Otherwise either he has to keep doing what he has been doing till now or if he wants to get out, I don't see any way getting out alive. Atleast he can't get out alone.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[SPOILERS!!!][Life Roundup] Episode 12

 
1. [+967, -21] Gapdeujang: The drama's genre suddenly changes
 
2. [+948, -212] What exactly is Ye Jin Woo's character? He acts all righteous but what exactly is Ye Jin Woo's character?? Is that righteous, really? He actually makes moves based on his personal emotions. Because of him, the situation around him is more tangled up and becoming more of a struggle but if there are people like him in real life, the whole team gets tangled up and breaks down. Also, did that informant die because of the chaebols? At the end, one newspaper company wanted to save themselves and this happened because they threw the informant under the bus *sigh* this is frustrating
 
3. [+723, -43] But because this is the writer of 'Secret Forest', it's a bit early to be disappointed.. Once they see the ending, everyone is going to slap their knee. "Ah so that's why we were eating goguma back then... Ah so that's why we had to be disappointed then.." I'm going to trust that and go forward 
 
4. [+688, -22] The journalist that revealed the informant's face is the absolute worst
 
5. [+513, -17] It ends with the newspaper company not reflecting until the very end 

 

 
1. [+346, -2] 'Life' isn't a horror genre, right..? Ah someone save Oh Se Hwa.. Ah it's so richard simmons scary ㅠㅜㅜ
 
2. [+150, -16] Lee Dong Wook's character is a bit frustrating.. It's a character where the people around him can be negatively influenced..
 
3. [+110, -2] I got chills while watching 'Life'.. The ending was hella scary... It's really fun
 
4. [+93, -13] Don't know if the problem is Lee Dong Wook's acting or if it's the writing or if it's the directing.. The Ye Jin Woo character isn't persuasive and he's annoying. He stirs things around here and there and doesn't do anything with his own hands.. 
 
5. [+106, -32] It's my first time being turned off by the male lead. The reason Lee Dong Wook even does things is because of his self-interest.. Whether they died because of the illness or it's a death related to the septum, to the family, the death is 100% due to the journalists.. I don't want to watch it now because of Lee Dong Wook.. 
 
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

@pompyavi what if Goo Seung-Hyo is a mole on Hwayeong? Inside Man? :lol:

Haha. You reminded me of his movie inside men....

  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pompyavi said:

Definitely. When Jin woo was all by himself. He did things anonymously. But now he can do that openly because he has support in form of Dr Joo. Plus his department will also support him. With some persuasion, the whole hospital staff would surely.

But Seung Hyo doesn't have that. Even he does anything anonymously, he would be found out. He seriously needs someone whom he can open up to. Otherwise either he has to keep doing what he has been doing till now or if he wants to get out, I don't see any way getting out alive. Atleast he can't get out alone.

 

You read my mind! Can someone care a little for President Gu?! President Gu save Dr.Oh, Dr.Joo, Dr. NoEul, Dr.YW by firing them. Whose going to save President Gu from Hwajeong Group? Maybe SunWoo can work with Yin Woo & reporter....but President Gu is in neck deep...it has to be something extraordinary to save him. :unsure: I really hope President Gu won't end up like Lee Chang Joon in Secret Forest 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   Considering President Gu's reactions to chaebol Cho's surprise visit, and the actions taken after Cho's  statements on dr. Oh, dr. Joo, Jin Woo, No Eul, plus his statement about he knowing what Hwajeong is capable after 10 years around them, you don't think he's witnessed countless suspicious events and who knows, maybe he himself was threatened, let's not forget that he has also soft spots... parents. In my opinion, he is trying to diminish the evil that could come from Hwajeong. He is not a black knight, but a man who wants to survive in a battle without chances of winning and with no turning points... because he already faced that law is not applied to everybody.
     And Ye Jin Woo has never experienced something like that, so everything seems possible and he does not think about serious repercussions. We will see in the end the conclusion regarding those actions.

Maybe, all alone you can't do anything but if they will unite the result might be the right one; I hope dr. Oh will be safe, otherwise dr. Jin Woo will live with some guilt.

    Just two weeks remained... sobbing...:(

    Not just the moment with the lamp, but the moment waiting for No Eul downstairs...

 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wanda77 said:

   

    Just two weeks remained... sobbing...:(

    Not just the moment with the lamp, but the moment waiting for No Eul downstairs...

 

 

 

Sorry to cut your post.

Yeah it will be only another 2 weeks and that makes me sad :unsure::unsure:

 

I really wanted to applaud that scene when Mr. Gu waiting for Dr. NE at the stairs...How thoughtful he is, that is not so "President" level to wait for his staff like that. ...yet Dr. NE is so judgemental on him..can she just be a good "friend" to him, can't she?

 


 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, faithinme lara said:

just want to ask a bit but please dont think anything bad about this in case i might hurt fans the actors. what did you really think about Ye Jin Woo character in here?  people kept talking about President Gu gray character. where anything he do whether its bad or good will be excuse. but i rarely see people talk about his character. do you think he's stupid and naive with drip of false sense of righteousness for charging into situation with the dead girl like from every part of kdrama forum who discuss about this drama?

 

i guess im too bias too lee dong wook that i feel this drama making that the some doctor looks  too stupid and too naive for thinking about their patients more and need to have cunning brain to protect their patients and their livelihood and need outsider to save them from their reckless act. 

Hellooooo . I love YJW. :wub:  ( and not only because I love Wookie) Haven’t seen this week’s episodes but what I like most about him is that he is a true doctor at heart. I’m no doctor but as a patient I would someone like him looking after me. Is he naive ? Maybe . Stupid . I don’t think so . Fighting for what’s right & what  bothers your ethics or values , especially in a profession like that , is something to be lauded.

 

I do enjoy watching grey characters since it spices up the story. So I can see why JSW ‘s president Goo is getting a lot of attention. Perhaps in the real world , it seems like one needs to be  cunning & conniving to get things done- dramas  like this do intend to bring some level of realism into their story. But like any  drama I watch , I am always bias & wholeheartedly champion the underdog , especially one with a good & kind heart. For me , YJW is that underdog here. He’s faced with situations beyond his control & authority but he takes them on & tries to fight for what’s right . 

Here for you my fellow Dr Ye fan

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, triplem said:

Hellooooo . I love YJW. :wub:  ( and not only because I love Wookie) Haven’t seen this week’s episodes but what I like most about him is that he is a true doctor at heart. I’m no doctor but as a patient I would someone like him looking after me. Is he naive ? Maybe . Stupid . I don’t think so . Fighting for what’s right & what  bothers your ethics or values , especially in a profession like that , is something to be lauded.

 

I do enjoy watching grey characters since it spices up the story. So I can see why JSW ‘s president Goo is getting a lot of attention. Perhaps in the real world , it seems like one needs to be  cunning & conniving to get things done- dramas  like this do intend to bring some level of realism into their story. But like any  drama I watch , I am always bias & wholeheartedly champion the underdog , especially one with a good & kind heart. For me , YJW is that underdog here. He’s faced with situations beyond his control & authority but he takes them on & tries to fight for what’s right . 

Here for you my fellow Dr Ye fan

 

aw, thank you @triplem for your kind word and not taking this wrongly. i just..... frustrated by the negativity surrounding his character. probably he looks so gloomy in the first few eps that people feel unconvinced by his underdog character.

 

in another drama  good vs evil  and no grey area like Life, where main focus a doctor is an underdog fighting injustice, he will be appreciate more.

 

tq once again for understanding my frustration :wub::sweatingbullets:

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, annagriss8 said:

[SPOILERS!!!][Life Roundup] Episode 12

 
1. [+967, -21] Gapdeujang: The drama's genre suddenly changes
 
2. [+948, -212] What exactly is Ye Jin Woo's character? He acts all righteous but what exactly is Ye Jin Woo's character?? Is that righteous, really? He actually makes moves based on his personal emotions.
1. [+346, -2] 'Life' isn't a horror genre, right..? Ah someone save Oh Se Hwa.. Ah it's so richard simmons scary ㅠㅜㅜ
 
2. [+150, -16] Lee Dong Wook's character is a bit frustrating.. It's a character where the people around him can be negatively influenced..
 
4. [+93, -13] Don't know if the problem is Lee Dong Wook's acting or if it's the writing or if it's the directing.. The Ye Jin Woo character isn't persuasive and he's annoying. He stirs things around here and there and doesn't do anything with his own hands.. 
 
5. [+106, -32] It's my first time being turned off by the male lead. The reason Lee Dong Wook even does things is because of his self-interest.. Whether they died because of the illness or it's a death related to the septum, to the family, the death is 100% due to the journalists.. I don't want to watch it now because of Lee Dong Wook.. 
 

this is what i mean by im frustrated by how his character was written. for underdog character, they make him look like a selfish guy and not someone to be root for unlike Gu. it is his acting, or is it the director problem or the writer really did wrote him like this or is combination of all? 


another one is No Eul. i know compare to other, WJA is really green in acting. but she is a good one. it was proven in JBL.but here, her character which i supposed to be the "angel guidance" to  Gu, but it actually didnt make people root for her character either.  i wish she is more than potential  loveline for sw or Gu. 

 

 

i  guess im shocked that  an  inherently good characters thrash by viewers like this.  well, maybe not here, but it definitely mind boggling.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...