[Drama 2018] Life 라이프

larus

Ahhhaa, with Dr. Oh absent, Seung-Hyo needs more than 1/3 of the physician staff to vote in his favor.   Time to hear them out and appease their concerns :D

Let’s hug it out guys!

E6C2705B-245A-4937-B763-E7BD5D10B4541836DA6F-5F02-4882-BFB1-2278DB5D99E5

credit:  imbc

@annagriss8  Nighty needs attention too.  Please don’t lock him in up in closet all day :lol:

@azuwaza163  Seon-woo owes Ms Kang a dinner :D  Did you like Jin-woo shielding SW’s handicap from reporter? What do you think his reason for doing it?  @bebebisous33 @triplem @40somethingahjumma thoughts?

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I really despise the ex-deputy director Kim. Honestly, I am really wondering if he is not working for the chairman. Kim and the Chairman have both the motive to get rid of president Gu. Notice that Kim's first move was to confirm the disposal of Dr. Oh so that the seat of the hospital director would be free again. So in my opinion, Kim has an interest to get rid of Gu as he was the one who "destroyed" his career. Furthermore, Kim is blaming YJW for reporting him to the HIRA. In the end, he appears as someone who will get rid of anyone who represents a thread to his career. He is still aiming at the hospital director seat. 

To conclude, YJW will have to turn to Gu in order to get help... 

• Like 5

@bebebisous33 yes, I agree.  Jinwoo and SeungHyo will both have to lower their pride and prejudice to work with each other for their own survival in  Hwayeong.  Seon-woo will help Seung-Hyo to understand his brother and No-Eul helps Jin-woo the same way.  

That may leave Nighty in care of Ms Kang for a while.

For all the wish for independence, moving out to lessen the burden to his brother, Seon-woo faced reality today.  Battery is not charged, taxi not willing to pick him up... it’s the reality and challenge of the physically disabled.   What Jin-woo does for him, simple things like helping with his hygiene, moving him onto his bed, put away his chair and charged it, his socks, etc... are seen differently now.  Maybe they can communicate better at expressing what SW’s needs are as well as JW learning to leave SW space to be himself.  Him wanting to move out is his own choice thereafter.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, pompyavi said:

More than anything I really want to know why is he so scared of his boss? And what did he mean by "Do you want to know what it feels like to be truly hurt and destroyed"?

sorry for interrupting. could it be he killed his wife/kid? :huh: oh i dunno...that's my wild guess

• Like 3

I'm suprised that not more people ask where about is Dr.Oh?! Did I miss a scene? is she lock up in her appartment fine, cause she send word that she take the day off? but secretary Kang can't contact her cell, her home phone nor her husband phone?!  the Biosimulator come in today!

I found this really out of script writing tradition. Two main characters on the poster don't have that much interaction with each other 3/4 in the series. It is usually through interaction between 2 main characters that they grow (bad or worst)  right? But here, it's through the supporting character and learning lesson from past mistake that push Gu and YJW to grow. This is distinctively so with president Gu. Through No Eul & Seon-Woo, president Gu start to see & care more about people in the hospital than just numbers (& Glutton). Out of the 5: Dr Oh, Dr Joo, YJW, SeonWoo, NoEul that President Hwangjeon want to hurt. It's SeonWoo & NoEul that worried President Gu the most, which tells me the effect they had on him. 

Although SeonWoo is absolutely a wonderful character, I found him to be irrelevant to the story at first, other than just being brother of someone work in the hospital. But through episode 12&13, I see character Seon Woo "job" is beyond being the brother, he has more effect on President Gu than YJW - a "catalyst".  They had like 3 scenes together, but the more Gu interact & knows about SeonWoo - the more Gu warm up & care about him. There are wonderful lovable courageous determined people out there, beyond the few pushy bossy power hunger people on top. Also @bedifferent is absolutely right, Seon-woo's love for No-Eul is a marvelous thing to witness. I guess that's why they say loves can move mountains. 

NoEul & GU budding romance keep shimmering - making me want more and more. I guess this is what good writing is - never gives everything just enough for audiences to wanting more and more. I guess I just have have to settle with best case scenerios - NoEul & president Gu go for a work at night somewhere...continue talking. Goodness know, i want much much more

• Like 11

life%2B.png

[Life] Ep 13 Lee Dong Wook admits that he reported Moon Sung Geun to HIRA

Article: Naver "He's the one who ratted me out" 'Life' Lee Dong Wook discloses that he reported Moon Sung Geun 'Crisis' 

• Director of the hospital Oh Se Hwa (Moon So Ri) remains uncontactable. 
  • President Gu Seung Hyo (Jo Seung Woo) fire Doctors Lee No Eul (Won Jin Ah), Ye Jin Woo (Lee Dong Wook), Joo Kyung Moon (Yoo Jae Myung), & Director Oh Se Hwa. 
  • Ye Jin Woo plans to fight back and dismiss Gu Seung Hyo. 

1. [+714,-7]
Ms Kang.. Have you gone insane? [t/n: Jo Seung Woo's lines] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+449,-6]
For me, it's the most interesting whenever President Gu and his secretary appears~^^

3. [+292,-8]
Lee No Eul was able to sober up after 3 bottles of soju on her way home. Look at how quick her system got rid of the alcohol...

4. [+301,-26] 
Ye Jin Woo.. He looked so heroic and sad when he said he won't just let it happen.. I laughed for a moment.. Scriptwriter. Why did you make the main lead like that.. I don't like the reporter and Lee No Eul too.

5. [+282,-10]
I don't even have a clue of how it will end.

6. [+198,-5]
Look at Lee No Eul being talkative. No matter how drunk she is, how can she tell someone who isn't even her close friend about Seon Woo dying? Ah.. I was so annoyed.

7. [+159,-1]
At the end, I thought it was a behind-the-scenes. Joo Kyung Moon is coming out again. ㅋㅋ

8. [+156,-19]
I think it would be more interesting to watch if they eliminate Lee Dong Wook's character and show Gu Seung Hyo's change from being a tsundere.

9. [+143,-7]
Okay. Google, make Ye Jin Woo disappear.

cr
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2

I have been watching this drama since day 1 and love everything about it. But when I think back this story has no real purpose, it's a medical drama but then again so much different from the medical dramas we have seen. You can just keep watching it for the actors' performance  (I'm wasnt a fan of anyone before and I saw some for the first time in this drama)  even though the story sometimes doesn't make any sense to me. Personally I feel the story line is all over the place. Well I love it no matter what Ha Ha. Looking forward for tonight's episode. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

51 minutes ago, nurlayla said:

sorry for interrupting. could it be he killed his wife/kid? :huh: oh i dunno...that's my wild guess

Could be... Am surprised because he said that he worked in Hwajeong for 10 years. And he has witnessed all kinds of dirty or illegal deeds. Then it shouldn't bother him that much. Because this is not the first time that the chairman is acting that. He might have done all these things previously as well. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

@annagriss8 That’s how Goo feels when Nighty is sweaty and wet after a bath!  Cuz you said s.e.x.y.  :lol:

Spoiler

@Ha Tinh Nhi  great observation, you are right about the unusual character exposition which doesn’t quite follow character chart.  I remember reading it somewhere, a blogger was mentioning how different Life is written from Secret Forest.  Where SF is a thriller with a focus, everything is contained and built to lead to a point of solving the murder, Life tells a bigger picture of how messy life is so it is less structured. There are concerns of how the story will wrap up or whether they will go back to solve Dir Lee’s death.  At this point, it may end up a footnote to this story.  I hope it will at least make sense.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I really despise the ex-deputy director Kim. Honestly, I am really wondering if he is not working for the chairman

1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

There are concerns of how the story will wrap up or whether they will go back to solve Dir Lee’s death.  

Ex-deputy director Kim. He is be bad to JSW (in the past) and (earlier episode with) YJW 
and no one like  him.
Ik expect ex-deputy director Kim involved together with chairman for the death of Dir Lee.

YJW JSW and president Goo with solved this together.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bedifferent said:

That’s how Goo feels when Nighty is sweaty and wet after a bath!  Cuz you said s.e.x.y.  :lol:

Nothing beats a wet dog.  :tounge_wink:

No words to describe how sexy this man is. He even make sure his attire matches with the office interiors.

40654896_2233046403596261_59591779467940

3 episodes left and I really enjoyed reading all comments/thesis/reviews here.

Keep them coming chingus! :heart:

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

I wouldn’t have problem with goo and naeul if from the very beginning the writer/drama haven’t told us about jinwoo and naeul loveline. I expected it already, only to be disappointed that the writer suddenly change it. Only 3 episodes left so it’s quite impossible to hope for the original loveline to comeback. And we still don’t know what really happened to the previous director! 

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, Josh Marquez said:

I wouldn’t have problem with goo and naeul if from the very beginning the writer/drama haven’t told us about jinwoo and naeul loveline. I expected it already, only to be disappointed that the writer suddenly change it. Only 3 episodes left so it’s quite impossible to hope for the original loveline to comeback. 

Sorry to cut your post. I did not recall about the drama declaring the absolute loveline between LNE and YJW. I saw 1 relationship chart (at wiki.addicts) , where it says “friend”. Maybe it was stated in other sources. Anyway, after 13 episodes, we can safely confirmed that LNE and YJW are just friends. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1