[Drama 2018] Shall We Live Together/ Marry Me Now? 같이 살래요

larus

On 7/25/2018 at 7:19 AM, newyee said:

Let's hope there's nothing serious about ES illness and she will heal completely. I have no interest in what they will do about CSW so long as ES is fully recovered and acknowledged ET as her bio dad.

HI All, I am an ardent follower of this drama and this forum. Just unlurk to comment about ES illness. I think it was caused by excessive consumption of her medication. In one of the earlier episode, when YH gave her medication and step out of the room, ES took another spoonful of it. Hence, I believe ET is not responsible for her current state but the illness was the impetus needed to unravel the far-fetched (i really think it is far fetched but this is drama afterall, kdrama) biological relationship between ES and ET.

That's all.. keep commenting as I enjoyed reading everyone's views.:)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@sal2From the interview, ES prefers CSW over ET as her on-screen dad!!:P TBH, ET gives me the impression as a quiet and serious person in real life. Not the doting and goofy type with kids. But he sure has the looks and physique. I find the YH-ET couple lacks a little chemistry but perhaps both are married so they subconsciously build a barrier between them although they are the most popular couple in the drama. The interview with DY-JH-MS is more enjoyable with the fun and relaxed atmosphere. 

1 hour ago, WoozyPrincess said:

HI All, I am an ardent follower of this drama and this forum. Just unlurk to comment about ES illness. I think it was caused by excessive consumption of her medication. In one of the earlier episode, when YH gave her medication and step out of the room, ES took another spoonful of it. Hence, I believe ET is not responsible for her current state but the illness was the impetus needed to unravel the far-fetched (i really think it is far fetched but this is drama afterall, kdrama) biological relationship between ES and ET.

That's all.. keep commenting as I enjoyed reading everyone's views.:)

This is a huge possibility.. I do remember she took that and the thought crossed my mind when she took it that something would happen.. however that side effect didn’t cross my mind 

Poor EunTae.:bawling: Preview e38. Am glad YuHa is there for him. And, she understands his emotions well.

Written preview 

Spoiler

자신이 은수(서연우)의 친아버지라는 사실을 알게 된 은태(이상우)는 혼란스러워하고, 자신의 헌혈로 인해 은수가 희귀병에 걸렸을까봐 불안해한다. 그런 은태를 지켜보며 마음이 아픈 유하(한지혜)와 효섭(유동근). 한편 현하(금새록)는 약혼녀가 있으면서도 자신에게 접근한 태수(지윤호)에게 분노하고, 재형(여회현)과 문식(김권)은 뒤늦게 도착하지만 문식은 태수에게.

21 hours ago, newyee said:

@sal2From the interview, ES prefers CSW over ET as her on-screen dad!!:P TBH, ET gives me the impression as a quiet and serious person in real life. Not the doting and goofy type with kids. But he sure has the looks and physique. I find the YH-ET couple lacks a little chemistry but perhaps both are married so they subconsciously build a barrier between them although they are the most popular couple in the drama. The interview with DY-JH-MS is more enjoyable with the fun and relaxed atmosphere. 

It was so funny yet embarrassing for ET when little ES chose the CSW over him, YH was laughing out next to him. hehehe! :D

From my impression watching variety talk shows which Lee Sang-Woo was in, his co-stars always say he is a man of few words and reactions in real life. So i guess kids don't find him that approachable or friendly. I wonder how he is around his wife ;)

Had some thoughts about DY-JH-MS after watching the preview without subs. In tomorrow's episode, would JH meet DY's father first before confronting MS? If so, could the meeting with DY's dad have gone bad, with him making snide remarks about JH and praising MS to the skies? DY seemed as if she was uncomfortable with the two of them meeting. With DY's weird questions about truth and lies, and her reaction to JH meeting her dad, plus JH overhearing DY-MS conversation on her last day of work (how much did he hear anyway?) and his observations of MS's drunken words, would JH think that it's better to "give up" DY to MS? He was in hyung mode during the near car accident, so would he feel that as the hyung, he should "give in" to his little brother in this aspect? I hope it's just my over-active imagination. No noble idiocy please, JH.

Poor ET. He looked so sad and shaken. But it's not his fault! ET and YH need to work through this together and take good care of their little family. And I couldn't believe JJH's words about ES in Ep 37. She said she hates ES? (I watch with English subtitles) How can she be so cold-blooded? A little girl's life is in danger and all you are concerned about are the rumours about your brother, who doesn't even care. I'm going to watch with satisfaction how she is going to eat humble pie when she finds out that her precious brother is the biological father of ES. I know YH won't give her a hard time but the vengeful part of me wants JJH to go down on her knees and beg for forgiveness. Maybe MY will punish her for me. -_-

2 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

I started watching this Drama on Monday, for Han Ji Hye and (to a lesser exttent) for her co-lead, whose name I can never remember, but whom I call "Mr Kim So Yeon".  I've watched 22 episodes so far,  and will probably watch 25 or so to take me to halfway. But  I have a question about the total episode count. Is it 50, or 53?  I'm trying to decide if I should keep going and catch up, which would mean I have to sit through the darker, sadder parts of the last quarter watching them as they air, or if I should wait until the end and marathon the last half as I have done with the first half

Hi @stuartjmz FWIW, Asian Wiki says 50 episodes. 

@joonminfan I will doubt JH's affection for DY if he were to give her up too easily. DY will be so heart-broken. But if it turned out this way, MS may realise JH's sacrifice for him and DY's faithfulness towards JH and withdraw from the love triangle.

It's not ET's fault for ES alleged fatal illness so I am puzzled why he feels guilty. He should be outraged at CSW's crime and embraced ES with both excitement and anxiety for her test result.  

JJH 'hates' ES is too strong a word to use. Perhaps she meant 'dislike'. Is the translation accurate? I believe she is unaware of ES possibly serious condition when she asks YH to transfer her out of the hospital. But whatever the case, she has no regard and respect for YH-ET love. It is very frustrating that the elders in the SK family always have/want the final say in the marriage of their loved one for the sake of protecting his interest and for the family's reputation. 

9 minutes ago, newyee said:

@joonminfan I will doubt JH's affection for DY if he were to give her up too easily. DY will be so heart-broken. But if it turned out this way, MS may realise JH's sacrifice for him and DY's faithfulness towards JH and withdraw from the love triangle.

It's not ET's fault for ES alleged fatal illness so I am puzzled why he feels guilty. He should be outraged at CSW's crime and embraced ES with both excitement and anxiety for her test result.  

JJH 'hates' ES is too strong a word to use. Perhaps she meant 'dislike'. Is the translation accurate? I believe she is unaware of ES possibly serious condition when she asks YH to transfer her out of the hospital. But whatever the case, she has no regard and respect for YH-ET love. It is very frustrating that the elders in the SK family always have/want the final say in the marriage of their loved one for the sake of protecting his interest and for the family's reputation. 

You dont have to be at fault to feel guilty it could be his blood making her sick and that would be hard to bare for any parent.

3 hours ago, dramaninja said:

You dont have to be at fault to feel guilty it could be his blood making her sick and that would be hard to bare for any parent.

I suppose no when it's not the parent's intention to cause harm to the child with his blood, but with the intention to cure. Instead, he may lament and ask why must this happen to them when it's someone else' mistake. Accept the fact and move on with the supposedly little time left for the child. Later on to seek justice for the child.

(My version :D)

15 hours ago, joonminfan said:

Poor ET. He looked so sad and shaken. But it's not his fault! ET and YH need to work through this together and take good care of their little family. And I couldn't believe JJH's words about ES in Ep 37. She said she hates ES? (I watch with English subtitles) How can she be so cold-blooded? A little girl's life is in danger and all you are concerned about are the rumours about your brother, who doesn't even care. I'm going to watch with satisfaction how she is going to eat humble pie when she finds out that her precious brother is the biological father of ES. I know YH won't give her a hard time but the vengeful part of me wants JJH to go down on her knees and beg for forgiveness. Maybe MY will punish her for me. -_-

IKR and she wants to transfer ES to another hospital? She is inviting a major lawsuit. She is giving the Chae's a reason to counter sue her. How uninformed, insensible and dense is this person?

ET's Noona is really w/o an ounce of compassion. She wanted ES out of the hospital cos of some rumours. Now I put her as the same category as her scumbag husband. She said to YH that she has the phone number of a better doctor. Why she is bad mouthing her own hospital and doctors? Fortunately DY is a balanced person.

WAM, there are more ppl who fare worse than her spineless son. Why is she taking it out on SH instead of teaching her son to be more independent! :crazy:

It seems like CK is up to mischief again with JH. 

I need YH and ET to find a solution to ES's illness soon. I can't bear to see that kid suffering. ET, it is not his fault, dont blame himself to much. 

Prepare lots of tissues for Sat. It is still so far away. :sweatingbullets:

The wait for the result is tortuous and we won't know the result until episode 39.  JH/DY have a serious talk

Ep 38

• ET eavesdrop on YH/HS talk as to he being ES's father and the insistence that its kept a secret.  ET walks to them shocked and walks away, there are flashbacks.  ET goes into urgent/anxious medical mode to get the results which has Dr. Kang finding his behavior strange and YH seeing this.
  • HH comes in the room with jerk, in surprised mode as to what he told her having a fiancee. HH scolds him, he mocks her naivete  and still expects her to go meet his friends, she hits him with her bag; JH/MS arrives.  Even when HH gets tearfully angry at jerk he insultingly laughs at her.  JH seeing HH crying goes to hit jerk but she stops him, they left.  Jerk starts making a call to cause trouble for HH/JH, MS sees this.  JH returns and sees MS defending JH/HH to jerk calling them his siblings.  HH does not know how to cry well.
  • YH seeing ET's actions, blocks him tell him that its not his fault even though he insists that it is, ET finally breaks down in tears, YH is there for him. ET stays at the hospital that night with YH looking over him. The wait is weighing on them.
  • At home HH is crying in her room, she is embarrassed and hurt.  JH tries to be sensitive but MS is not and gives her a reality talk, JH/MS leave the room, JH tells MS thanks.
  • SH is promoted and congratulated by the staff, KS hard at work calls and is happy for her.  KS being sick collapses, WAM looks after him and is very upset at SH.  When SH comes home, she is scolded by WAM for being "a bad wife" etc. SH goes to KS feeling a bit guilty.
  • At work JH/MS are thinking about DY.  JH asks MS if he liked DY who says yes and asks him to be quiet about it.  Later JH calls DY for a meet, he does not tell her that he knows about MS's feelings for her but that he likes her a lot and is thankful to her.
  • HS tries to cheer up HH  with ice cream, its a father/daughter moment.  I think they plan of HS having a scene like this for each child.
  • ET is reserved around HS who came to be there for him saying that when the result is out they can talk.  At home HS/MY talk about ET/ES, MY tells HS about JJH not liking YH/ES etc.
  • ET comes home, JJH is insistent on talking to him, ET tells her that he is tired and they can talk later.  However, JJH pushes forward about ES to ET talking about her disparagingly.  ET gets angry, shouts at JJH telling her to stop and walks away.  JJH is shocked that ET shouted at her.  She lucky, she is an awful woman and I hope ET leaves the house after all this, telling her off.
  • WAM is still upset with SH re KS.  SH is reflective at work and receives encouragement from Mgr Ko.  WAM later calls MY to discuss SH, during this time gossipy husband recalls when he first saw WAM, her visits etc and tells wife.  WAM brings a bribe to the house to MY and shows her calculating self to MY who kicks her out.  Later gossipy wife tells MY about WAM's earlier visits to the cafe and her personality.  MY realizes that the only reason why WAM gave approval to SH marrying KS was because of her to claim inheritance benefits.   I am so glad that SH set KS straight from the honeymoon that they are not to ask MY for anything just because she is her father's girlfriend/wife.
  • DY visits CK at the hospital, he got her upset and she leaves but CK follows her.  Unfortunately, JH came at that time greets the man politely , who in turn is rude to him.  JH finds out some truths about MS, DY etc.  Later DY/JH have a serious talk about MS liking her, he asked her why she did not tell him etc.  DY tells him, as well as being sensitive about another’s feelings and walks away.  These are DY’s longest lines.
  •  JJH visits Dr Kang to talk about ES/ET after she left, Dr Kang contacts ET.  YH looks over a sleeping ES, leaves the room where she is met by JJH who starts pressuring her to kick out ES and demanding to know something.  ET comes in to defend YH, telling her now is not the time and gets upset with her by shouting.  JJH tells ET to lower his voice and leaves, she is now suspicious and relays this to CK.
  • YH/ET are medical talking about ES, YH comforts ET and leaves.  YH goes by the stairs to cry alone, ET comes in apologizes, hugs and comforts her while she cries.  YH/ET are finally there for each other.
  • Later the ES results are out, the parents are informed while HS/MY are worried. Dr Kang shows the results to YH, who looks at it while I think ET got the results via text.
  • CSW gives instructions to his lawyer about ES, he is anxious about the results as well.  The lawyer leaves, CSW hears a knock thinking it is the lawyer but it is ET who confronts him about ES.

Preview

• It’s a ET/CSW confrontation
  • ET disappears trying to deal with all that has happened so far
  • WAM meets MY at her house

Thoughts

It was an emotional episode with ET/YH and JH/DY.  Also a few people got some reality checks regarding certain characters and YH/ET wait was very stressful on them. The good thing is that they have the support and love from HS/MY  who anxiously waited with the pair and are for them.  Reality check (1)  - ET about JJH who like her husband is a calculative hypocritical –itch, caring only about image. I feel that her so called love/best interest for ET is an excuse for her actions as she like CK are using/clutching unto the reputation/actions of her father and ET in order to maintain their lifestyle and look good to all.  When you think about DY who is their child and are surprised that she turns out to be nice despite said parents you wonder who her influence was.  I say ET as while growing up as she is closest to him.  Reality check (2) - Jerk to HH whose naivety pedestal check got crushed as he really showed who he was to JH/HH/MS and  (3) WAM to MY as to her true calculative nature for the sake of her “son”.

MS is getting close to his family and does not realize it but JH is sensitive to this after overhearing MS defending them. Therefore he will be considerate of him.

Although we did not get the results, I am sort of relieved because Dr. Kang’s/ET/YH’s actions to me indicate that it is not the transfusion graft disease.  Dr Kang did not go into extreme shock with the result but a bit on the calming/professional side, ET left the hospital to confront CSW, if anything he would immediately have gone to ES/YH.  YH is caring towards ES but its not to the degree that one would see if it was that result.  We do not know specifically what ES’s illness is but I think its safe to say that its not the transfusion graft disease.

ET's confrontation with CSW is due to CSW's evil actions and the consequences of it.  Therefore, its not surprising that ET would do this after what both YH & he are going through.  Plus there is ES who had no lines except to look sick.

Until the next episode, gone for now and take care.

Thank You @chasen8888

WRITTEN PREVIEW for E39 sounds gooood.

은태(이상우)는 성운(황동주)에게 쌓인 분노를 쏟아내지만, 성운은 자격지심과 피해의식으로 도리어 은태를 탓한다. 은태는 희경(김윤경)을 찾아가 은수(서연우)에 대한 성운의 모든 권리를 포기시키라고 경고하고... 은수의 간 조직검사를 들은 은태는 복잡한 심경의 변화를 겪으며 홀연히 사라져버린다. 한편, 미연(장미희)은 아미(박준금)가 처음부터 자신이 빌딩주라는 것을 알고 있었고, 자신 때문에 선하(박선영)과 경수(강성욱)의 결혼을 허락했다는 걸 알게 되는데...

Doesn't sound like EunSu has GVHD and she is recovering.  EunTae will approach CHK to give up rights for EunSu. :heart:

EDIT: Included english subtitle

ES overheard YH/HS that he is the bio Dad of ES. 

HH should have hit the ex stiff boss harder with her handbag. MS is defending his Hyung and Noona. He has come a long way. Finally happy for him to have accepted them subconsciously.

WAM is those Kdrama's terrible MIL, she even went to MY that she wanted the cafe in her building. Past episode, she was talking to SH, since she is the eldest daughter she should be entitled to some of MY's assets. WAM, teach your son to fish first, nothing drops free from the sky these days.(In Ep 39's preview, she approaches MY again despite being rejected and chased out of the Park's house in Ep 38)

How I wish that ET's Noona is dumb like one of her other dramas. :crazy:

I think ES's recent illness is caused by the additional droplets of medicine she took before her outing with CSW.(Not GVHD)

Wrote this while waiting for subs

Archived