[Drama 2018] Radio Romance 라디오 로맨스

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/14/2018 at 8:19 PM, stroppyse said:

JH: There will be an article published today, about Ji Soo Ho and Asst. Manager Jin.

@stroppyse Thanks for the translation, as always :)

Since you haven't watched the show, I think the bolded part above should be the name of one of the characters -- Jin Tae Ri....??..... Taeri=asst.manager sounds the same, right?

I really really dislike the mother of JSH. I should probably not refer to her as his mother since she made it clear he is not her son. Not only is she manipulating and exploiting JSH for financial gain, she is also bent on ensuring he does not live happy. What a twisted mind. Since she finds out JSH kissed SGR, she'd rather stir up rumors about JSH with JTR using an article, instead of letting him find happiness. I know that is because she is afraid of losing control of her money making machine, but that is just so cruelly mean... Gah, I should probably nickname her Cruella De Mom.   She is lucky JSH has a kind heart. If I were him, I wouldn't be that kind to bear with her for so many years. I would tell her "Let's die together" by exposing all the acts and lies to media. Let's see who has got more to lose, Dear Mother... :angry:

@kaoriharang

48 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Since you haven't watched the show, I think the bolded part above should be the name of one of the characters -- Jin Tae Ri....??..... Taeri=asst.manager sounds the same, right?

I really really dislike the mother of JSH. I should probably not refer to her as his mother since she made it clear he is not her son. Not only is she manipulating and exploiting JSH for financial gain, she is also bent on ensuring he does not live happy. What a twisted mind. Since she finds out JSH kissed SGR, she'd rather stir up rumors about JSH with JTR using an article, instead of letting him find happiness. I know that is because she is afraid of losing control of her money making machine, but that is just so cruelly mean... Gah, I should probably nickname her Cruella De Mom.   She is lucky JSH has a kind heart. If I were him, I wouldn't be that kind to bear with her for so many years. I would tell her "Let's die together" by exposing all the acts and lies to media. Let's see who has got more to lose, Dear Mother... :angry:

@kaoriharang

Hahaha I am entertained with her new nickname Cruella de Mom :D

She really is THAT worried about her image that she lets JTR do almost whatever she wants, just because she knows the family secret. I do hope that we find out how JTR knows - I wonder if there is a childhood version of her, with the whole backstory of being a child actress with JSH. I feel as if JSH will just go down the route of following his mum's wishes with the JSH-JTR "romance", because mother dearest will use SGR to threaten him - what would happen to SGR if JSH's fans find out about them (ie typical story when there is a superstar and a normal person getting involved hahaha). Can I wish for a different storyline?

@darr @herina_90 @kaoriharang @ktcjdrama @Kasmic @nonski @Yongzura About JTR: even if she is quite rude and selfish, I must say that we were shown in three different scenes that there is another side of JTR. First, she can be brutally honest which is a quality. Unlike KJW, who tries to act like JSH's friend and manager, she is not faking any friendship with JSH. She knows that KJW betrayed his friend and she reproached him his behaviour as he's not really honest in the end. I mean, KJW works for NJH in reality and not JSH, yet KJW tries to act as if he was JSH's manager and friend. Besides, she doesn't let people abuse her position, which shows her strength. She can be fierce. Finally when SGR recognized her and mentioned her successes, she became so happy. She was not gloating... We could see that she is seeking for some recognition. Her feelings were genuine. To me, JTR could change thanks to SGR and radio, especially if she finds a new goal in her life because that's what she has been missing. She doesn't like NJH but that's the only way to continue to exist for her... once she realises that she could achieve something on her own, she might abandon the idea of the blackmail. I sense more redeeming qualities in JTR than in NJH. The latter does deserve the name "Cruella de mom". I can not feel sorry for her at all as she is determined to punish JSH, as he represents her failure: the affair and betrayal. She has long forgotten that JSH used to love her but she destroyed it entirely.    

honestly ... at the beginning of this drama it seemed there was no purpose and a clear picture as to what issues or things are highlighted in this drama. until I think this drama is only superior to actress Kim so Hyun only. because I think he's very popular and talented. I even thought ... "huuuhhh .... kim so hyun wrong chose the drama again" ... but I tried to be patient through the 3rd episode of honest question marks in my head. I've seen a lot of dramas and I feel this drama has nothing but actress Kim Hyun. but ..........
I was wrong after watching this drama starting from episode 4. here I just realized this drama has a quality, and I just realized why in episodes 1 to 3 just full of explanations without question. producers may want spectators to speculate. I was amazed watching this drama from episodes 4 to 6. all my questions were answered, the actors and actresses had the power of character. and the problem I can imagine is how depressed the life of Korean artists is full of pressure, how the radio is now very forgotten, and how the pressure that workers receive there. curiosity approached me and until now I'm curious to watch the next episode ... keep fighting for this drama.
The drama is highly recomended for those who have a lot of stress in his life, for someone who is stressed out facing his problem. This drama has a simple plot, a sweet and warm romance.

On 2/16/2018 at 10:27 PM, intanr said:

Today while driving, I thought of Radio Romance while the car radio is on.... playing the songs.  I thought of all the DJs out there. Suddenly it hit me, I did grew out with radio. I hear it every day till bed time ... and that at least 16 hours a day. As a child, tv was off limit to me, I was living with my grandparents and radio was the only mode of entertainment and news in the house at least until am 17.  So I can relate to Radio Romance..especially when SGR trying to explain to JSH about the sounds that transmitted to the skies and spread that happiness to mankind. It was just so real... I know how I felt when I listen to radio... it made me laugh and it made me sad....and it brought smiles to my face..  I can’t wait to see more of good things that Radio Romance can bring to us... just imagine to the voices behind that... well am cool to have JSH at local radio station...:glasses: 

Yes, it does bring us back to past memories.  Now that you mentioned it, I can recall a few programs that used to make me want to sit down and wait for it to go on air.  The wisdom shared from the DJs and stories from the listeners sometimes did relate to one own stories.  Nowadays, I only listen to a radio when I am driving (to help me awake ha ha)  and even then it is different than before.  Sometimes it is too much talking, too much advertisement that I just switched to a different mode.  However, watching RR does make me feel like getting the old radio back... I just can't wait what our legend DJ is going to teach JSH during their hiking activities. 

Oh yes, when are we going to know the second reason why PD Lee chose JSH?

1 hour ago, Desyperatiwi said:

honestly ... at the beginning of this drama it seemed there was no purpose and a clear picture as to what issues or things are highlighted in this drama. until I think this drama is only superior to actress Kim so Hyun only. because I think he's very popular and talented. I even thought ... "huuuhhh .... kim so hyun wrong chose the drama again" ... but I tried to be patient through the 3rd episode of honest question marks in my head. I've seen a lot of dramas and I feel this drama has nothing but actress Kim Hyun. but ..........
I was wrong after watching this drama starting from episode 4. here I just realized this drama has a quality, and I just realized why in episodes 1 to 3 just full of explanations without question. producers may want spectators to speculate. I was amazed watching this drama from episodes 4 to 6. all my questions were answered, the actors and actresses had the power of character. and the problem I can imagine is how depressed the life of Korean artists is full of pressure, how the radio is now very forgotten, and how the pressure that workers receive there. curiosity approached me and until now I'm curious to watch the next episode ... keep fighting for this drama.
The drama is highly recomended for those who have a lot of stress in his life, for someone who is stressed out facing his problem. This drama has a simple plot, a sweet and warm romance.

Same with me....at first i think this drama about the cliche korean drama and not interested to watch it...but i wrong.this drama so heartwarming and had their sentimental value related with radio.  both lead so good at acting and their chemistry look so natural...i recommended this drama that look for something simple and relax...

7 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@darr @herina_90 @kaoriharang @ktcjdrama @Kasmic @nonski @Yongzura About JTR: even if she is quite rude and selfish, I must say that we were shown in three different scenes that there is another side of JTR. First, she can be brutally honest which is a quality. Unlike KJW, who tries to act like JSH's friend and manager, she is not faking any friendship with JSH. She knows that KJW betrayed his friend and she reproached him his behaviour as he's not really honest in the end. I mean, KJW works for NJH in reality and not JSH, yet KJW tries to act as if he was JSH's manager and friend. Besides, she doesn't let people abuse her position, which shows her strength. She can be fierce. Finally when SGR recognized her and mentioned her successes, she became so happy. She was not gloating... We could see that she is seeking for some recognition. Her feelings were genuine. To me, JTR could change thanks to SGR and radio, especially if she finds a new goal in her life because that's what she has been missing. She doesn't like NJH but that's the only way to continue to exist for her... once she realises that she could achieve something on her own, she might abandon the idea of the blackmail. I sense more redeeming qualities in JTR than in NJH. The latter does deserve the name "Cruella de mom". I can not feel sorry for her at all as she is determined to punish JSH, as he represents her failure: the affair and betrayal. She has long forgotten that JSH used to love her but she destroyed it entirely.    

I agree about JTR. I think she will later play the part of support for both JSH and SGR. We have enough villain in NJH and Writer Na, I really don't want them to have to go against another one in JTR. 

YDJ is such a fun person, it must be hard for him to act as JSH, and for KSH too, to keep a straight face while acting with him :lol:

2 hours ago, Ayame said:

I'm a bit late to this, but I just subbed Part 3 of the OST for this drama. (Click here to go to the playlist for the other 2 OST songs from this drama that I subbed already.)

[ENG SUB] Migyo - Bygone Days (OST Part 3)

This is the original version of this song

Singer: Yoo JaeHa (also composed this song)

Spoiler

Yoo Jae Ha also originally wrote the music and lyrics of the  "The Unveiled Path" which is also one  of OSTs in this drama (which sung by Bernard Park/NakJoon in the 2018 drama version)

ByGone Days was also one of the OSTs of music drama MonStar (sung and performed by actress Ha YeonSoo and Highlight DooJoon's fellow member  JunHyung in the 2013 drama version)

Spoiler

Also the song was one of OST's of movie "Because I Love You" (sung by actor/singer Cha TaeHyun of the movie)

Spoiler

The two songs (The Unveiled Path and Bygone Days) are from Yoo JaeHa's self-produced debut  album in 1987. He died the same year due to car accident.

credits to owners of videos and infos

9 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

i like the idea that all 4 main leads are going to develop/heal through radio, which I guess is the main focus of this drama since they promoted it as a healing drama. I remember Yura saying that JTR was going to be an adorable evil (or lovable evil?) so I doubt she will do a lot of bad like Cruella de mom. I keep wondering why she calls KJW ajusshi though, given he's only 5 years older than her and JSH. I find it a positive that her life is beyond just the male lead.

4 hours ago, loveiskim said:

Ladies and gentlemen... lets appreciate that heart fluttering moment of "I'm curious about you" more. They made that scene soooooo haaaaaardddd LOL 

Awkwardness level : 99.9999/100

Omo the cringes hahahaha. It's nice to see they have such a fun set behind the scenes. Almost every part was full of laughter. YDJ and YP mesh well hahaha. 

21 hours ago, herina_90 said:

Totally agree with @Kasmic. I wonder how YDJ makes his eyes constantly red and tired. I'm loving KSH's lip colours as well although their makeup gets too white/ thick sometimes 

I thought his face is naturally that pale because his tone does look even throughout his neck. Plus I wont be surprised if they use lots of reflection lighting boards during the filming. As for his eyes, I read that some actors use eye drops to sting themselves to help them cry during their emotional scenes. Im worried they use that. Can you imagine the pain?? 

19 hours ago, Yongzura said:

Thank you for these.  I was going to rewatch and collect her mother's wise words from the beginning too.  Besides these, SGR also has her own chant to cheer herself up..  Like mother, like daughter :blush:

Your welcome chingu :D If you find any in the earlier eps please post it here to refresh my memory. I especially loved ep 5 and 6 as these quotes touched me most. 

@bebebisous33 I dont know to say about NJN but she's such a controlling woman whom wont stop using JSH to gain her financial gains. She keeps taking out on her failed marriage with JSH father that I wish she took it out on him instead. But I guess being in Korea divorce is such a taboo on woman that she never considered it. Her ego would def not allow her to go that route besides JSH will make so much fortune for her. I hope JSH will somehow set himself free from her clutches. I also wonder who JSH real mother is? how could that spineless father not do anything to help JSH. To me his more heartless than NJN. With parents like them no wonder JSH grew up with a mental illness.

Speaking of NJN can you believe this beautiful actress is only 48 years young. 

362253_5611_2242.jpg

Cr - http://www.topstarnews.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=362253

And I love the new making vid, yes it was a cringey experience esp with all those people standing around and so close. But that line - "Im curious about you" just made everyone here explode. Im curious too, like how in the world could she forget him? was she blindfold the whole time when they were young? 

95d138037b8600352886c13635d80275.png

and in reality they were like-

ezgif-4-ac2d3b86f3.gif

Sorry I am here only, I have been going for visiting so I have been busy.

giphy.gif

I am loving all your thoughts.

Oh nice nickname maybe that is much easier, but let's take out the 'mom' part afterall, she isnt a mom. She is just a controlling woman, who clearly is using an innocent boy to further her aims and goals.

I also feel bad for JTR to be used in this way. Even though JTR has this blackmail over her head if you think about it. She sent JTR to that karaoke lounge and she was almost physical assaulted by those two men, so if anything she doesnt treat anyone like a human being except herself.

13 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

@kaoriharang

Yeah chingu~ let's go with such a nickname I like it.

It would be rather interesting to see JTR's backstory, I am sure she has her own story and her own scars, for all you know since JSH and JTR are both childhood stars, they could have gone through similar pains.

13 hours ago, herina_90 said:

Hahaha I am entertained with her new nickname Cruella de Mom :D

She really is THAT worried about her image that she lets JTR do almost whatever she wants, just because she knows the family secret. I do hope that we find out how JTR knows - I wonder if there is a childhood version of her, with the whole backstory of being a child actress with JSH. I feel as if JSH will just go down the route of following his mum's wishes with the JSH-JTR "romance", because mother dearest will use SGR to threaten him - what would happen to SGR if JSH's fans find out about them (ie typical story when there is a superstar and a normal person getting involved hahaha). Can I wish for a different storyline?

Indeed, during that part when SGR was complimenting JTR, you could really see that she was very happy about it, I feel that she is very much like a child as well, who wishes to be loved and care by people. If anything she and JSH arent that different, the only key difference is that KTR does not pretend; no sugar coating, she is who she is; but JSH still finds behind a mask.

12 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

that would be really nice, I quite like the idea where through the radio, where there are no cameras that each character can be healed very much like how SGR was healed the same can happen for both JSH and JTR.

3 hours ago, herina_90 said:

i like the idea that all 4 main leads are going to develop/heal through radio, which I guess is the main focus of this drama since they promoted it as a healing drama. I remember Yura saying that JTR was going to be an adorable evil (or lovable evil?) so I doubt she will do a lot of bad like Cruella de mom. I keep wondering why she calls KJW ajusshi though, given he's only 5 years older than her and JSH. I find it a positive that her life is beyond just the male lead.

Omo the cringes hahahaha. It's nice to see they have such a fun set behind the scenes. Almost every part was full of laughter. YDJ and YP mesh well hahaha. 

it is really cute how YDJ is rather awkward in that scene for the BTS. it is rather funny hahah :D

giphy.gif

54 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

I thought his face is naturally that pale because his tone does look even throughout his neck. Plus I wont be surprised if they use lots of reflection lighting boards during the filming. As for his eyes, I read that some actors use eye drops to sting themselves to help them cry during their emotional scenes. Im worried they use that. Can you imagine the pain?? 

Your welcome chingu :D If you find any in the earlier eps please post it here to refresh my memory. I especially loved ep 5 and 6 as these quotes touched me most. 

@bebebisous33 I dont know to say about NJN but she's such a controlling woman whom wont stop using JSH to gain her financial gains. She keeps taking out on her failed marriage with JSH father that I wish she took it out on him instead. But I guess being in Korea divorce is such a taboo on woman that she never considered it. Her ego would def not allow her to go that route besides JSH will make so much fortune for her. I hope JSH will somehow set himself free from her clutches. I also wonder who JSH real mother is? how could that spineless father not do anything to help JSH. To me his more heartless than NJN. With parents like them no wonder JSH grew up with a mental illness.

Speaking of NJN can you believe this beautiful actress is only 48 years young.

And I love the new making vid, yes it was a cringey experience esp with all those people standing around and so close. But that line - "Im curious about you" just made everyone here explode. Im curious too, like how in the world could she forget him? was she blindfold the whole time when they were young?

I really believe she was blindfolded the whole time whenever they interacted, and she couldnt recognise him from his voice. I understand JSH being a bit irritated by it. Hopefully SGR herself will start to connect the dots.  It would be nice if SGR herself begins to remember JSH i think that would be rather interesting.

15 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

I really believe she was blindfolded the whole time whenever they interacted, and she couldnt recognise him from his voice. I understand JSH being a bit irritated by it. Hopefully SGR herself will start to connect the dots.  It would be nice if SGR herself begins to remember JSH i think that would be rather interesting.

Anybody have any guesses as to which happened first - did he meet her at the hospital/kiss/etc before the scenes where he's following her on the bus/busstop? 

I sort of think he got to know her first when he and his friend were still patients and saw her playing in the snow with the children. Then he discharged first while SGR and mum were still at the hospital for her mum's surgery. He only dared to talk to her when she was going around blindfolded (was he already a child star then? i assume so) and thus they built their relationship from there. After everyone (mum and friend) left the hospital, he saw her again but did not come out and identify himself, hence scenes at the busstop of him looking at her smiling and she not even noticing. I can't figure out why he didn't say anything though if this timeline is right - maybe it had to do with the fact that he was getting known as an actor? I have no idea. Then there should be another scene we haven't seen yet on why he started to feel resentment to her as an adult. Anyone has other thoughts?

Archived