[Drama 2018] Evergreen (That Man Oh Soo) 그남자 오수

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, dramaninja said:

The fact that the tree was causing him harm in the start of the series makes me think  it curse and not really a good thing.

Its like the family made some sort of deal with the devil tree.

I think it's more like he has to reconnect himself to the tree once in a while or the tree die.

I don't know if he would have died and why his grandpa could move when he was fainting on the ground (or the tree wanted him to faint in her arms). Maybe because the mark is on his heart.

6 hours ago, yusefull said:

I think it's more like he has to reconnect himself to the tree once in a while or the tree die.

I don't know if he would have died and why his grandpa could move when he was fainting on the ground (or the tree wanted him to faint in her arms). Maybe because the mark is on his heart.

So maybe the tree feeds off of life or love like some type of parasite.

3 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

So maybe the tree feeds off of life or love like some type pf parasite.

Well his grandpa is old and alive and has been the one to "take care" of the tree for a while so it's probably not the life force of that family.

I am still under the feeling that we may never get to understand more about it. Most kdrama doesn't explain how things supernatual work.

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

Nah Man something wrong with the tree I see weird dark energy around it.

For some reason, it seems like the tree can't have it's keeper connected to its energy except via the tree.  Since SR has drank that "energy" it's causing her harm.  I think that OS dad probably killed himself because the mom had accidentally drank some pollen and would be affected like SR and eventually die if the dad were to remain as her love.  

But, I have to believe in all those books that Grandpa and OS have their has to be a solution.  Or a way to destroy the tree if that is the only way.  I wonder how OS's family became keepers of the tree, that may be the key to destroying this fate.  

I hope OS figures out tomorrow that she drank some pollen, although I know the noble idiocy will set in and he will have to "disappear" until a solution is found. 

Typical kdrama but I love it.  The leads are just so adorable and endearing!

15 minutes ago, aunniek said:

But, I have to believe in all those books that Grandpa and OS have their has to be a solution.  Or a way to destroy the tree if that is the only way.  I wonder how OS's family became keepers of the tree, that may be the key to destroying this fate.

They should employ YR's sister and her friends. I bet they would get to the bottom of it and come up with a great plan!

20 minutes ago, aunniek said:

For some reason, it seems like the tree can't have it's keeper connected to its energy except via the tree.  Since SR has drank that "energy" it's causing her harm.  I think that OS dad probably killed himself because the mom had accidentally drank some pollen and would be affected like SR and eventually die if the dad were to remain as her love.  

I hope OS figures out tomorrow that she drank some pollen, although I know the noble idiocy will set in and he will have to "disappear" until a solution is found. 

Yeah I think the tree has to be  burn down or something.

31 minutes ago, aunniek said:

Hmm maybe the Oh family connection to the tree is really a curse or punishment.  One of their ancestors did something bad.  Anyway I really hope that there isn't a pollen that makes you forget your love because last minute amnesia would suck.

I'm a bit worried that the story is running out of time. There are only 16 episodes so there's only 4 episodes left..

- what really happened to OS' parents? how did they die? why did OS said it's his fault?

- what is the mystery behind the tree? how does it work? if the tree tatoo got erased, there's a possibility that OS will die? how will it be erased? what will be the reasons?

- YR drank the coffee accidentally, she didn't supposed to drink it. is it the reason why it's giving her negative effect?

- what will be the biggest dilemma of the series? will it endanger our leads' lives?

- is the "dark man that came to the village" that OS read from sort of notebook/book related to the guy that the cops are looking for?

- how about the Jin Woo angle, will he just accept the SR's love is OS? or will he still try to insist his love? he had waited for years to meet her again and i guess with his character, he will not just give in.

- is the ex boyfriend's role over? will he not get revenge? (if ever the wedding got cancelled because of YR's sister and her friends)

- have the director/investor/OS' last blind date given up on OS?

:anguished: there are still so many questions... i just hope that the story remained light and wont be too serious.

Just finished episode 11. I don't understand why is the tree giving off black aura? What is the meaning? And why don't Oh Soo or the Grandfather see the black aura around the tree? Again, the writer not handling the fantasy aspects of the drama well at all. Very confusing. At the end of the episode, Yoo Ri had a vision of the tree before she passed out. I wonder what it means? I think Yoo Ri will be good for the tree since we have seen that she likes plants and is good at taking care of them.  Otherwise, I liked the cute moments between YR and OS. However, I kept waiting for YR to tell Jin Woo that she definitely only thinks of him as a friend and that she has found someone else. JW is the type you have to be very blunt and direct with-otherwise he just keep deluding himself. I don't like it that YR is dating OS without being clear with Jin Woo. I was hopeful when she went to JW apartment, but then he stopped her from speaking. Then he says please let him still visit her or something like that and she didn't respond. Girl-you need to say something! I think JW knows deep down YR not like him in that romantic way, but he just keep deluding himself because she never directly say anything to him. He is now acting almost like a stalker, I think. I hope things can be resolved next episode before JW goes over the edge into creepy behavior. 

In my opinion, the black aura from the tree is connected to the pharmacist. Both are oozing the same aura. The pharmacist must have known that she is dating the guardian of the tree. That's why he asked for her phone number... maybe this man wants to make sure that the magic of the tree dies by separating the guardian from his loved one. First, OS will believe that this is connected to the coffee and cut ties with her in order to protect her. Yet, since the pharmacist will be around YSR, OS will keep an eye on him. 

31 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

In my opinion, the black aura from the tree is connected to the pharmacist. Both are oozing the same aura. The pharmacist must have known that she is dating the guardian of the tree. That's why he asked for her phone number... maybe this man wants to make sure that the magic of the tree dies by separating the guardian from his loved one. First, OS will believe that this is connected to the coffee and cut ties with her in order to protect her. Yet, since the pharmacist will be around YSR, OS will keep an eye on him. 

Haven't been watching much of kdramas lately just nothing is appealing to my taste lately.. Been checking out cdramas as of the late but this one reins me in every week..

Logical thinking @bebebisous33 But it's hard to really tell what's really up with this tree.. From the beginning of this story we really haven't had much light shed on this tree..  I'm curious into why SR is being more infected now from this tree the more OS shows his love towards her.. It's kind of like the tree is jealous from lack of attention from OS which he never gave it much attention from the start. 

Maybe your right that the pharmacist has some kind of bad juju G/pa also got that vibe from him also will SR be the connection to it all..

3 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Just finished episode 11. I don't understand why is the tree giving off black aura? What is the meaning? And why don't Oh Soo or the Grandfather see the black aura around the tree? Again, the writer not handling the fantasy aspects of the drama well at all. Very confusing. At the end of the episode, Yoo Ri had a vision of the tree before she passed out. I wonder what it means? I think Yoo Ri will be good for the tree since we have seen that she likes plants and is good at taking care of them.  Otherwise, I liked the cute moments between YR and OS. However, I kept waiting for YR to tell Jin Woo that she definitely only thinks of him as a friend and that she has found someone else. JW is the type you have to be very blunt and direct with-otherwise he just keep deluding himself. I don't like it that YR is dating OS without being clear with Jin Woo. I was hopeful when she went to JW apartment, but then he stopped her from speaking. Then he says please let him still visit her or something like that and she didn't respond. Girl-you need to say something! I think JW knows deep down YR not like him in that romantic way, but he just keep deluding himself because she never directly say anything to him. He is now acting almost like a stalker, I think. I hope things can be resolved next episode before JW goes over the edge into creepy behavior. 

Eh thats not on her anymore that is more his fault at this point he want let her talk .

He knows she is not interested  its not her fault he keeping this fantasy alive at this  point.

3 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Eh thats not on her anymore that is more his fault at this point he want let her talk .

He knows she is not interested  its not her fault he keeping this fantasy alive at this  point.

Second this! He’s so wrapped up about “his” feelings for YR. Did he consider YR feelings at all?

2 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Ohh he realize she drunk the coffee I think and I think he knows it did something to his mother?

But maybe that dude with the dark aura has something to do with it?

The only thing sure is that she will catch the bad guy and get promoted before the end (she got a third rose of sharon (lover in bloom dramaninja) of a picture of the end).

It is still a noble idiot thing if you break up with a girl because if you don't you kill her ?

Archived