[Drama 2018] Evergreen (That Man Oh Soo) 그남자 오수

Go Seung Ji

1 minute ago, dramaninja said:
10 minutes ago, Table122000 said:

Yeah, I'm very curious about the colors/auras meanings too.  It's a bit disappointing that we haven't seen more of the fantasy elements since that is what makes the drama unique, in my opinion.  I wish the drama would take advantage of that fact. I also like that Kim So Eun's policewoman character can take care of herself and is smart. I hope it continues! Although we don't get to see her "on the job" very much in the drama so far. Most of the time she's off duty. 

Yeah it seems they lost the plot already lol 

We saw him looking at her aura today.

In the preview, we got a suspicious guy and he will probably see a color. I believe that at some point, she will learn of it because he want to protect her.

We also got the story of why he don't derserve love in yesterday episode.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have seen many people commenting about getting second lead syndrome in this drama. Is it only me who hasn't felt that way yet? I like all the little things oh soo does for yoo ri. The second leads actions doesn't give me feels yet. I wish the episodes were longer 45 min feels too short. Anyways I am glad that I finally get to watch a light-hearted drama amidst all serious complicated dramas. Wish they showed little more of fantasy elements but I think they are saving it for further episodes.  I wish they also focus more on plot development between leads. I really like the chemistry between them. For the past two episodes they focused way too much on second lead.

4 minutes ago, Harry97 said:

I have seen many people commenting about getting second lead syndrome in this drama. Is it only me who hasn't felt that way yet. I like all the little things oh soo does for yoo ri. The second leads actions doesn't give me feels yet. I wish the episodes were longer 45 min feels too short. Anyways I am glad that I finally get to watch a light-hearted drama amidst all serious complicated dramas. Wish they showed little more of fantasy elements but I think they are saving it for further episodes.  I wish they also focus more on plot development between leads. I really liked the chemistry between them. For the past two episodes they focused way too much on second lead.

I  never had an will never have second lead syndrome lol

I never like time wasted on people that wont be together anyway,like you said I want more development between the leads.

Like the part with them taking care of the kid was real nice.

45 minutes ago, Harry97 said:

I have seen many people commenting about getting second lead syndrome in this drama. Is it only me who hasn't felt that way yet? I like all the little things oh soo does for yoo ri. The second leads actions doesn't give me feels yet. I wish the episodes were longer 45 min feels too short. Anyways I am glad that I finally get to watch a light-hearted drama amidst all serious complicated dramas. Wish they showed little more of fantasy elements but I think they are saving it for further episodes.  I wish they also focus more on plot development between leads. I really like the chemistry between them. For the past two episodes they focused way too much on second lead.

I totally agree.  Too much of the second leads, especially the male in today's episode.  And actually, I didn't like how his attitude when he grilled her about who Oh Soo was.  He seems way too possessive of her so far.

1 hour ago, Table122000 said:

Yeah.. I thought that was strange that SYR thinks he is just an "average" guy since they knew each other and were friends as children. Wouldn't she have known his family was wealthy? The message on his phone made it sound like his family was old money, not newly wealthy. Doesn't make sense to me. 

I got the indication when he was talking to his brother that his dad owned the hospital that where they were eating.  Definitely money..........

7 minutes ago, aunniek said:

I totally agree.  Too much of the second leads, especially the male in today's episode.  And actually, I didn't like how his attitude when he grilled her about who Oh Soo was.  He seems way too possessive of her so far.

The show is going to waste even more time trying detangle yet another relationship they started before we get to the leads.

13 hours ago, emmie said:

I do love it that they didn't make SoEun into some weak bumbling policewoman.  Definitely not a damsel in distress!

I'm happy that she has her own life, home, not working 12 pt jobs etc, not waiting for a man to call her etc...

@dramaninjaI agree they did spend too much time on the second lead too. I'm ready to set a fire underneath MOS 's behind if he keeps just rejecting Yoo Ri.crazy-monkey-emoticon-109.gif He just doesn't have a clue, maybe Grandpa can fix him some coffee. 

@Harry97 These 2 episodes did start to set up things, I liked how Yoo Ri is compassionate,  she's not afraid to show it and her emotions. She has a green thumb. Our Oh Soo is very logical, he doesn't know what to do w/his emotions and he has a black thumb. I can see how he's trying w/the cats, the plant. God bless him he's not succeeding but he is trying. I still think Grandpa should slip him something in his coffee:ph34r:

@yusefullHello:DI'm happy you watching this too

Ok just watched episodes 5 & 6. A couple of new and old things struck at me. 

1. Yoo Ri, is a very likable character. I’m just waiting for Oh Soo to be saved by her. :D

She reminds me of Earth (she should wear lots of green).  She’s perfect for Oh Soo. It’s almost if the aura tree created her for him.  Wake up, Oh Soo! And smell, taste, and read the auras better! 

2. I can understand a little bit how & why the second male lead is getting more attention. Or otherwise known as 88 %. It’s pretty much to make or force Oh Soo to give in to his feelings. At the moment, oh Soo, is in absolute denial. He will most likely realize that he absolutely adores her when he is about to lose her. 

Plus he is mistaking her aura for 88%, and not for him. Yoo Ri, obviously likes him, but she doesn’t want to be hurt by him. 

3. 88 % is like able at the moment, but most likely he will start to become boorish. So which % will he be at the end? 

Hehehehe Second lead JinWoo now seems to just moved in around YooRi's neighborhood too- He's patronizing the area - lol.

Probably he had lots of plan to do once he found his long lost first love - well he thought that YooRi had the same feeling. Look at his face when JinWoo showing YooRi's picture to his Doctor Hyung. Awww....

Meanwhile, that OhSoo is a nerd!! How could he explained anatomy of the Brain during dinner "date" with YooRi, He won't have that date occasion so easily. Omo... and he asked if YR didn't get a good mark ?? - PD-Nim, we haven't heard his explanation of YR BrainStem hahahaha and that's why she's so sleepy. :D 

What was the curse of the tree.  Love won't work out for the one who receives the pollen from the tree?  LOL Oh Soo doesn't need the tree curse to stuff up his love life he's doing fine on his own.  :grin: Oh Soo stop using your powers to find out if Yuri likes you first before you risk falling in love with her LOL.  Although seeing him try to change (experimenting scientifically) her aura toward him would be quite funny.  I liked that Oh Soo might be starting to use his powers to help people like the little kid (so his power is he can see all emotions not just ones related to love?).  I wouldn't mind seeing more of Oh Soo trying to help people after being influenced by Yuri's kindness.  She's a good influence (cats, plants).   I agree 88% seems kinda sweet one moment but then he also seems kind of pushy.  The coffee shop scene shows that 88% really doesn't know Yuri that well, he didn't know that Yuri doesn't drink coffee.  While Oh Soo did since he placed both the cups of coffee next to 88%.  Seems next episode we will see Yuri and 88% start dating I don't really want to see this go on for too long since Yuri doesn't seem to like him in that way and why would she force herself?  Hoping show will keep it light funny and slice of life like.

https://popgasa.com/2018/03/20/kim-so-eun-love-love-evergreen-ost-part-3/

KIM SO EUN – LOVE, LOVE (EVERGREEN OST PART 3)

Our first encounter
Was filled with misunderstandings
You said things I couldn’t figure out
Actually, it was hard for me to understand

What do I do?
I keep thinking about you anyway
Your awkward laugh, your indifferent words
It keeps crossing my mind

Even when you’re asleep, I draw you out
That’s not enough so I draw you out in my dreams too
I wish it was only us in this world
I’ll fall in love with you

When I pretended to be strong
You told me to wait for you
Those warm words
Make tears flow from my eyes
I wanna see you more and more and more

It’s so amazing, I’ve never been this way
I’m waiting for someone
Words I couldn’t say yesterday or today
It’s great courage for me

You’re the one who makes me smile
As if walking on clouds
Don’t ever let go of my hand
I need you forever

If you always stay by my side
All of my painful and sad memories
Will all turn into happy memories

Starting this show now and can’t wait to catch up to join in on the discussion :) I just have to say, for fellow viewers that saw Marriage, not dating too, didn’t you get a little throwback fr9m the first ep on the similarity? Even the blonde actor is the same (I think)!

@philosophie I highly recommend this show. It’s similar to Marriage, not dating (I also liked that kdrama.) in some of the humor elements. But also different. IPOV, there are some parody elements in this show that I don’t remember Marriage, not dating having (I could be wrong cause I haven’t watched it in a while). And yes the actor who plays the brother in this show was in Marriage, Not Dating. :wub:

On 3/20/2018 at 11:45 AM, Harry97 said:

I have seen many people commenting about getting second lead syndrome in this drama. Is it only me who hasn't felt that way yet? I like all the little things oh soo does for yoo ri. The second leads actions doesn't give me feels yet. 

I’m all in w/ Oh Soo+Yoo Ri pairing. That’s what hooked me from the start. The only time I felt 2nd lead syndrome was Won Bin+SHK in Autumn In My Heart.

On 3/21/2018 at 4:51 AM, nrbrown said:

Ok just watched episodes 5 & 6. A couple of new and old things struck at me. 

1. Yoo Ri, is a very likable character. I’m just waiting for Oh Soo to be saved by her. :D

She reminds me of Earth (she should wear lots of green).  She’s perfect for Oh Soo. It’s almost if the aura tree created her for him.  Wake up, Oh Soo! And smell, taste, and read the auras better! 

2. I can understand a little bit how & why the second male lead is getting more attention. Or otherwise known as 88 %. It’s pretty much to make or force Oh Soo to give in to his feelings. At the moment, oh Soo, is in absolute denial. He will most likely realize that he absolutely adores her when he is about to lose her. 

Plus he is mistaking her aura for 88%, and not for him. Yoo Ri, obviously likes him, but she doesn’t want to be hurt by him. 

3. 88 % is like able at the moment, but most likely he will start to become boorish. So which % will he be at the end? 

I started this drama on tuesday so that I could finally catch up... Oh Soo's major problem is his personality. Since he has always lived behind his books and computers, he has no real social skills, therefore he remained passive all this time and doesn't know how to converse with a girl on a date. Actually, he didn't want to use his skills with the pollen in the first place, yet his grandfather kept pushing him to work at the cafe. In other words, Oh Soo was reluctant first. 

To conclude, he has always been an observant as he never saw people and especially women as interesting. Yet, meeting YR changed his life, although he is not aware of it. He starts taking care of animals, then plants and pays attention to people that's why he followed this boy who felt lonely and depressed. He was scared that the boy might do something wrong. However, YR has no idea how much she has affected OS. She is in the dark about the plant for example. OS has a warm heart but he never showed it. I agree with you that 88%'s function is to make OS realize that he has already fallen in love. So far, he is in denial as he doesn't know how to read his own feelings. 

I really love this drama! I waited until we were a few episodes in before I decided to comment on it. I really like the OTP of this drama. Now, I am a KSE fan, so I am slightly biased, but so far, her chemistry with LGH has been top notch. These two are funny together and the storyline is written well enough where I feel there should be good character development.

Oh Soo's brother is a hoot! This actor plays these types of characters so well and he is not disappointing here. I am with a few others, in that there seems to be more than meets the eye with the second lead. There were just too many coincidences with him that don't quite make any sense. It was one thing for him to be her sister's homeroom teacher, and even for them to run into each other at the ER. But why is it every time we turn around, he is by her house? Even Oh Soo is suspicious now. Also, it is so clear that she does not have feelings for him. Yes, they went to school together and yes, she admitted that he has grown into a fine man, but that is where it ends. We know it. He knows it. At this point, he is just trying to keep her from being with Oh Soo, whom she has perfect chemistry with, when he isn't being mean and trying to pretend he doesn't like her.

Prediction: The love rivals will valiantly fight for Yoo Ri's love and she is going to choose Oh Soo, but I think 2nd lead will get the deets on the "family business" and tell her the truth. Here we go.........

I was finally able to watch this week’s episodes and I’m still enjoying this show, even with the second lead getting more scenes. I'm getting a strange feeling from 88%, I was ok with him sticking up for her when she confronted her ex, but his aura felt different when he confronted the drunk old man and other guy. Then he's always popping up in Yoo Ri's neighborhood. I hope his character doesn't turn into some psycho or stalker.

Oh Soo doesn't realize yet he's falling for Yoo Ri and how much she impacted him, and Yoo Ri's falling for him too (Oh Soo that pink aura you saw on Yoo Ri is for you! :lol:) I enjoyed our OTP's scenes together this week especially with the kid and I wish we got more from their "date". 45 minutes each episode this week is too short -_-

I'm hoping next week we see more of grandpa since I miss him. I'd like to see him help Oh Soo and Yoo Ri get together :lol: Also I'm hoping the fantasy aspect comes back because I'm still curious about the meaning of the different colored potions and auras. 

Also, I'm enjoying Kim So Eun in this drama! I love how she portrays Yoo Ri. And she has such a pretty voice, I didn’t expect her to sing an OST (I was actually expecting JongHyun to sing one, maybe he will soon?)

@philosophie yes! I got Marriage Not Dating (which is a show I loved) feels humor wise when watching the first episode :) And the brother is the same actor in Marriage Not Dating though I like his character here more ^_^

bts released this week :)

Archived