[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

2 minutes ago, rhaps said:

I actually still miss some parts in the novel. He is also in the novel, but I'm not sure whether :

Hide contents

he was also a student in the Academy or not. I dont think he is, though

Perhaps @lynne22, @sonicwave or others know better 

Yes, you remember correctly.

Spoiler

In the novel, he's barely mentioned at the beginning. His abuse of others, the poison plot,  the school part, and later, the military part, are all drama additions. I guess to show us what a useless brat he is and get the audience to hate him even more.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Ep 19-20 

Spoiler

Finally, the 2nd floor trial is starting...  :lol: 

I can't wait to watch the 2nd floor member's interaction with NQ.. because I love it in the book..... :lol:

I think Li Huaiyun's early appearance is because the writer want's us to sympathize and understand Li Yu's struggle... Sigh... watching his action... makes me pity Li Yu even more, because this one is a troublemaker.

Her sentiments of the past is too strong. She's a smart person, but I find that her sentiments weakens and cloud her judgement. In my opinion this is her fatal flaw. 

• Like 4

@rhaps

Spoiler

Hahaha.... Yeah, "Can't you speak louder?" Chu Youxian line is correct..hahahaha... 

I still think the other academy student is too bland... aside from Chu Youxian . Situ Yilan don't have much personality here too..aside from too much smiling....  but then again, maybe it's because they cut down the part were they ignore/isolated NQ for half a year...  so I don't feel anything about them aside than I want NQ to enter 2nd floor already hahahha... and more Chen Pipi please! :joy: His pout is so adorable!

About SS in the cliff... maybe to build up her closeness with 2nd brother and Chen Pipi? I'm not sure either.

I'm confused as you are when there's a scene about the xiling officer.. haha.. I had to watch the first episode again to catch his name last night hahahaa.... He's Wei Guang Ming's Subordinates I believe. Let's see how it goes.....

Anyway..... this picture confused me... saw this on weibo and is spreading in twitter as we speak.....

Spoiler

I think this SS is Haotian SS........ :ph34r:

I'm curious if this is an additional scene from the writer for NQ's 2nd floor trial... 

DsAqM4OU4AAoCa2.jpg&key=fa2bf45c23de5d32

Anyway....... :wub:

DsArOc7UwAAo41g.jpg

about LQ

Spoiler

I have a lot of thoughts about LQ but it's just hard to put it on words, because he's a complex character for me. We'll see later how the drama is going to further portray his breakdown. I think CM will play a role too. 

• Like 3

9 episodes later...

0b15254efdf3766a73cab8bb3639191b.gif

I think it's illegal to like Ning Que.

Omg..  so young, so mischievous, so innocent and so deadly! 

Episode 6 is indeed an eye opener.

I like this story better.

At least the protagonists are not stupid and annoying unlike *cough* Martial Universe  *cough*.

Leon Lai as the king is a bit weird.

I couldn't recognise him at first until I looked at the characters list.

Ok..back to episode 10 now!

giphy.gif?resize=640,360&ssl=1

Be back after watching all the episodes!

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

Yes join me in the obessession! Lol! I am glad you are enjoying it with us. I will start the novels soon - just need to finish some work and current series first. 

Edit: sorry mods! Will not do anymore

Edited by stella77
Mod Edit: Do not quote pictures
  • LOL 2

@angelangie  @lynne22..... Yes , they are so cute together.  We all can see how deadly Ning Que can be and I believe only Sang Sang can calm him down. 

Spoiler

DO you guys remember the carriage ride, NQ was so angry and trembling . Sang Sang only had to hug him and comfort him and soothe his anger down. It was adorable and sweet at the same time. I love the way he looks at Sang Sang sometimes, he look so innocent, mischievous and cute.  Sang Sang is very smart and she never question Ning Que's actions. 

@mrsj3n   Hip Hip Hooray  Chingu 

So very happy that u are also enjoying this drama like the rest of us. Glad that you obsessed too with drama. 

It has finally reached 1.12 billion online viewers since yesterday morning. 

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

@UnniSarah LoL... the only site I know is the official weibo page..... I wanted more picture toooo.... :lol: but there's not a lot of it out there... 

Can I comment that the cinematography and views in the drama is beautiful. The dessert, the palace, even the city... it's lovely and so natural... I like it a lot.

Spoiler

https://m.weibo.cn/u/6042309589?uid=6042309589&luicode=10000011&lfid=100103type%3D1%26q%3D将夜

or this search page, just use google chrome to open this so the website will translate the page automatically.

https://m.weibo.cn/search?containerid=100103type%3D1%26q%3D将夜

There's a lot of spoiler here tho... LoL 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, angelangie said:

@UnniSarah which episode is this? :D 

@lynne22 @UnniSarah i will try and see later when i get home if im able to search around :D and see if i can find any more info on this.....and if Baidu have any good screen caps i will post it up okie :) 

@angelangie  

Spoiler

Episode 3  24:54- 27:57

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lynne22 said:

@UnniSarah LoL... the only site I know is the official weibo page..... I wanted more picture toooo.... :lol: but there's not a lot of it out there... 

Can I comment that the cinematography and views in the drama is beautiful. The dessert, the palace, even the city... it's lovely and so natural... I like it a lot.

Reveal hidden contents

https://m.weibo.cn/u/6042309589?uid=6042309589&luicode=10000011&lfid=100103type%3D1%26q%3D将夜

or this search page, just use google chrome to open this so the website will translate the page automatically.

https://m.weibo.cn/search?containerid=100103type%3D1%26q%3D将夜

There's a lot of spoiler here tho... LoL 

There is also the Tencent website where they have previews for episodes up to episode 30.  But you have to what the commercials.  There are also behind the scene clips and fan made videos.

• Thanks 3

10 hours ago, lynne22 said:

Ep 19-20 

What ep is currently playing now? 

Spoiler

If ep 24-26 is about NQ learning from both his shifu Yanse and Second Floor bro sis - then it's right around chapter 178. 

So perhaps it's only takes 2 seasons to finish the whole book? 

6 hours ago, rhaps said:

And NQ (Chen Feiyu) is only 18 yrs old, but I heard that he is 188 cm tall :P

I have been wondering what is SS's height, stand up straight she only reaches his chest. Hahahaha... 
I wonder how she will be portrayed later on. Right now she's a lot shorter because she's 13-14 yo, so still 'growing' but later?

• Like 2

If there is one down side to this drama its the Prince and Her brother and Xiling/Light stuff i really not to fond of those parts. 

I dont hate these parts but i love other parts like i would give these parts a 7 and rest a 10.. hope that makes sense. 

9 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

Glad you like it i think people on the edge and bashing the show or not trying it or giving up before episode 6 making a mistake. 

I have watched like every new Wuxia from the last like 5 years and the only one maybe i enjoy more is 10 miles of peach blossom but they are totally different type's of drama's.

They are so damn cute

DsDfcLyXQAAEVqa.jpg

• Like 5

More spoilers:blush:

Spoiler

Found a video I really liked and decided to translate it.  I think the tone is slightly different to the novel.  Novel Sang Sang was quietly simmering with anger whilst drama Sang Sang is fierce and letting it all out.  I'm so happy that they didn't go down the multiple wives/ lovers direction:tounge_xd:

The title of the video is 宁缺桑桑太甜了,这么可爱的小侍女谁不想拥有呢 (NQ SS so sweet, who wouldn't want a cute little maid.

https://v.qq.com/x/cover/rpup19lfbuf2skc/q0028ne2bvq.html

SS: Young master

Princess Li Yu: When did Tang allow soldiers to have maids.

SS: I'm not a maid, young master picked me out of a pile of dead bodies.

SS: You said that we would definitely spend our whole lives together.

NQ: For sure

SS: You have to marry someone else?

SS: If you marry someone else then how will you spend the rest of your life together with me?

NQ: it was you who said that she was very good

SS: I don't like that you like someone else

NQ: Sang Sang is not able to go to Xiling

Unidentified voice: Will you keep Sang Sang beside you as your little maid forever?

NQ: Who said that she is only my little maid?

NQ: You are not allowed to leave me.

SS: From then, our lives were tied together. This is probably what teacher meant when he said a lucky chance

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 11/14/2018 at 10:37 AM, pangia said:

Hey all. Silent reader here and just wanted to say how much I'm in love with this drama. I love NQ and SS so much! They are sooo PRECIOUS!

Thought I share a my fanvid with anyone here who love them as much as I do. 

I started the drama because I watched your fanvid (am a longtime subscriber of yours)! So, thanks so much <333

I love Sang Sang and hope we get more scenes with her! Right now,, she basically only has scenes with Ning Que ....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

however one thing for sure.....i cant get pass the image of seeing Leon Lai as an emperor as yet.....he just look weird to me :/

Same here...

He may look benevolent but emperor look just didn't fit him.

I mean.. I have seen all sorts of emperor... round, old, young, lanky, hunky, charming, good looking at etc..

But Leon? Think they made him too young and puffy.

Could be due to the princess who seems to look same age as him. LOL

• LOL 1

Hi i have another question, it's about NQ's name, he changed hie real name into NQ or just deleted the surname 林 or given by 老马? 

Really enjoy watching 将夜 until now, everything is so fit and naturally beautifully executed, really hope the season 2 will be as great as the current season, just like the Nirvana on Fire 1&2.

• Like 1