[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

Well this second season won’t even  e as successful as the first season.  In a series, you can not change the male lead or female lead especially when it is about them. The first season the ML set a standard on how the actors is supposed to be. 

But Now I am curious as to why they want to change ML???

Does anyone know when we will get an official announcement on the cast for the next season???

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rhaps said:

@pangia, I checked weibo and the news is pretty strong *sigh*. It's still not official, though. Well, even if he is replaced, then at least the season 1 has 60 episodes *shrugs* . 

Arghhh so devastating! I still hope the same team on s1 will run on s2, bcos it is still unofficial news. Personally i dont like beautiful men. And NQ character is all about a tough yet caring young man who has endured so many things, that's why he is so mature yet sometine-act-like-kid on the right time n right place. This is what you can get from ChenFeiYu CMIIW.

• Like 4

Silent reader here and I never thought of signing in and leave comment until I read that Arthur will be replaced. I'm upset. I thought it will be a bad move because the current NQ has already established his standard and he is more suitable to the character than pretty boy Dylan. If they will change the ML, I'm not watching Season 2. Just going to finish S1 then just read the whole novel and  preserve NQ and SS image in my heart and mind. Sigh...:( :( I did not even watch the remake of Meteor Garden because of the ML. So disappointed...;( ;( ;( I hope the show  will go down to drain if they change the ML's. 

Edited by thartie
Just misspelling
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, thartie said:

Silent reader here and I never thought of signing in and leave comment until I read that Arthur will be replaced. I'm upset. I thought it will be a bad move because the current NQ has already established his standard and he is more suitable to the character than pretty boy Dylan. If they will change the ML, I'm not watching Season 2. Just going to finish S1 then just read the whole novel and  preserve NQ and SS image in my heart and mind. Sigh...:( :( I did not even watch the remake of Meteor Garden because of the ML. So disappointed...;( ;( ;( 

@thartie....Welcome chingu, looking forward to you POV for this drama. I already plan on dropping this drama if there is a new cast for this drama. 

like @epinklyn... I too don’t like pretty boys unless they can act. For example Eternal Love , the story is really good but I will be honest the Male ans Female leads are great actors. I tried to watch the first episode of the Second Season and guess what I couldn’t even watch three episode and then I stopped watching it. I am just not feeling it. :tears::tears: I feel so bad about but I think this production will help the leads get better in their acting. They will improve and I will give them a chance once the drama is completed. I want them to succeed and lots of other people like them. 

• Like 2

Ehmmm............................. guys.... please don't worry yet...... yesterday I've seen the rumor too, but aside from the Director's posting her plan to shoot in a certain location.. (which is beautiful btw) a lot of the fears of actors getting replaced is still a rumor... There is not official confirmation yet.

I don't think we need to panic as of yet... let's just wait n see.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@thartie....Welcome chingu, looking forward to you POV for this drama. I already plan on dropping this drama if there is a new cast for this drama. 

like @epinklyn... I too don’t like pretty boys unless they can act. For example Eternal Love , the story is really good but I will be honest the Male ans Female leads are great actors. I tried to watch the first episode of the Second Season and guess what I couldn’t even watch three episode and then I stopped watching it. I am just not feeling it. :tears::tears: I feel so bad about but I think this production will help the leads get better in their acting. They will improve and I will give them a chance once the drama is completed. I want them to succeed and lots of other people like them. 

@UnniSarah thank you for the welcome chingu. I hope Arthur family will use their influence to keep him in the drama since they are well respected and and very well known filmmaker in China. I will have no problem to that because honestly, Arthur nailed NQ character. And for the Eternal Love, I love the 1st Season but I couldn't b4ing my self to watch the Season2. Although, it's very different from Princess Agent because I'm still waiting for the Season 2 until now. I love strong female and male character. Not pretty boys but Manly just like NQ. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, thartie said:

Silent reader here and I never thought of signing in and leave comment until I read that Arthur will be replaced. I'm upset. I thought it will be a bad move because the current NQ has already established his standard and he is more suitable to the character than pretty boy Dylan. If they will change the ML, I'm not watching Season 2. Just going to finish S1 then just read the whole novel and  preserve NQ and SS image in my heart and mind. Sigh...:( :( I did not even watch the remake of Meteor Garden because of the ML. So disappointed...;( ;( ;( I hope the show  will go down to drain if they change the ML's. 

I've never liked DW portray as DMS and only watched 1 ep before I stop watching because its over exaggerating in the acting dept. 

Agreed with you. Chen FeiYu is NQ and the image of him as NQ id already embedded in my mind so please no replacement. 

24 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

Ehmmm............................. guys.... please don't worry yet...... yesterday I've seen the rumor too, but aside from the Director's posting her plan to shoot in a certain location.. (which is beautiful btw) a lot of the fears of actors getting replaced is still a rumor... There is not official confirmation yet.

I don't think we need to panic as of yet... let's just wait n see.

Your words helps calm me down but that waiting and see is killing me

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@UnniSarah, I just dropped Eternal Love 2 this week. I didn’t like the premise from the beginning. I find it plain silly and couldn’t bring myself to waste the hours anymore. 

I would love to continue watching this show into the seasons but changing the main actor is a huge NO for me especially if the first season already made me attached to him. I can’t envision anyone else as NQ. I don’t know about the novel but the actor already embodies my image of who NQ is with all his other characteristics. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, pangia said:

I've never liked DW portray as DMS and only watched 1 ep before I stop watching because its over exaggerating in the acting dept. 

Agreed with you. Chen FeiYu is NQ and the image of him as NQ id already embedded in my mind so please no replacement. 

Your words helps calm me down but that waiting and see is killing me

@pangia I know, right?! They murder the show! I know my words are harsh but the Original Taiwanese Drama is sooooo much better. CFY, although he was born with silver spoon, but he really took his character by heart and even willing to get dirty just to perfectly portrays NQ image. And take note: he doesn't look like he has  make ups on. No filter. Including SS.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Yeah, he nails the role. I have a friend who loves manly guys, and she usually dislike it when I showed her some pics of new wuxia/fantasy dramas, because she thought that they were too pretty/not manly enough . I showed her Ever Night trailers several weeks ago, and she didnt complain at all. She said that she liked the male lead, because he was handsome but didnt look pretty :P

Oh well..we'll see :)

Exactly. I'm with your friend. I want a badass knight in shining armor than shining pretty face!

• LOL 3

@lynne22 I will take it as a rumor too chingu. I will keep my fingers crossed real hard.   

I just remembered a scene that was funny. Ning Que finally figured out his birth fate. He decided to use money as a totem and asked Sang Sang some tael. She took off her boots took two bars out and gave it to him. He then smelled the money and took one and put in his clothes and the other working on the other tael. He said he can’t use Sang Sang as his totem. Shaking his head. Lol lol :D 

• LOL 1

1 minute ago, angelangie said:

try webnovel....

i saw it is available there but you will need to pay after certain chapters to unlock the next chapters... :) 

i have webnovel in my mobile but im reading the chinese version :P 

@angelangie I hate you. Hahhaha. I'm envious that you can read Chinese. I guess that's gonna be one of my bucket list now. Enroll in Chinese class and learn the language so I don't need to read subs anymore and get distracted. Lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rhaps said:

Then CPP said that his tael totem was really weak *LOL* , because NQ was only able to move it a bit after.that much effort. That was funny for him, to think of money as his 2nd totem after SS *LOL*

I love how CPP made fun of NQ about how stingy he is to choose silver as him totem. :lol: These two are a riot. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

24 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@UnniSarah, I just dropped Eternal Love 2 this week. I didn’t like the premise from the beginning. I find it plain silly and couldn’t bring myself to waste the hours anymore. 

I would love to continue watching this show into the seasons but changing the main actor is a huge NO for me especially if the first season already made me attached to him. I can’t envision anyone else as NQ. I don’t know about the novel but the actor already embodies my image of who NQ is with all his other characteristics. 

@celebrianna I couldn’t waste my time watching season 2. It was so awful and it didn’t make any sense at all. Listening to them over act every scene made me cringe so badly. Why can’t they just act naturally and so we can all enjoy it so much more

@angelangie... you know there is a site wher you can read it for free. L Does this one have better translation??

Our original NingSang are perfect and We love them already . :heart::heart: 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

24 minutes ago, thartie said:

@pangia I know, right?! They murder the show! I know my words are harsh but the Original Taiwanese Drama is sooooo much better. CFY, although he was born with silver spoon, but he really took his character by heart and even willing to get dirty just to perfectly portrays NQ image. And take note: he doesn't look like he has  make ups on. No filter. Including SS.

So what if he was born with a silver spoon. He doesn't act all high and mighty like some people that became famous and acted like they're all that. He can't help how he was born and yes he worked his butt off, the drama is living proof. A good and pretty face can't move people heart unless they're good at acting. 

Song YiRen is also a natural at everything from her personality to her beauty. She is plain at first glance but she is a hidden gem if you keep on looking at her. 

Why I love CFY and SYR is that they are so natural, generic and down to earth. They're so different from other couples. 

• Like 6

Another scene was when he was tickling and poking Sang Sang. You see Sang Sang yelling to Ning Que that there is a Ghost in the kitchen because it was tickling her. Her laugh was so contagious and NQ jumps up and picks her up and starts dancing with her. This relationship is so touching and so strong between them. 

• Like 3