[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

Yes, I hope tonight's battle will be epic! 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Spoiler

giphy.gif

And prepare ourself for this scene:bawling:

Spoiler

giphy.gif

And this sweet one that hasn't aired yet..... :wub: 

Don't you guys think Ning Que and Sang Sang deserve all the quiet time and sweetness they can get? IIRC they won't have much time left to be at peace after the big battle.... :bawling:

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 3

53 minutes ago, dzareth said:

I'm not fond of the NQ-YHY potential romance vibe. Even if it were one sided. What is wrong with having a powerful female character who is NOT into the male lead for a change. The novel description of their entanglements are actually quite good IMO. From there, I have the impression that YHY is someone who is really confident of her skills and appearance and not afraid to use them to her advantage.

There is one future scene in the novel involving SS-NQ-YHY, that would never make it to the live adaptation (hehe...) that worked really well because they don't have romantic feelings for each other. The injection of romantic feelings will only add misunderstanding, jealousy, complications, blah blah that affects the already brilliant chemistry established in the novel.

The way I understand it (from the novel) what NQ-YHY have is mutual respect and admiration. It is said that they are similar characters with similar drive. Indirectly, they motivate each other to advance in cultivation as they need to ensure that they will not be defeated by the other. And when when they had to fight eachother later because whatever reason, it is done fair and square without unnecessary reluctance beside the regret of losing a worthy opponent.

I suppose I'm already satisfied with the novel's take on romance. As for the drama, they failed to bring NQ-SS bond on screen. And the way it is being portrayed now (post-MSS) is lacking in many ways. If I didn't read the novel, I would think SS broke up NQ-MSS. Scenes after NQ-SS reconciliation gave the impression SS is taking advantage of MSS's disappearance to get even closer to NQ. The sequence of the scenes are also unimpressive. It would make more sense to have the NQ-SS on the hill scene before the boat scene, and to have NQ initiate the peck. At least I would believe (even if a teeny weeny bit) that NQ feels the same way. Right now, NQ is like settling with what he has.

Please... please let tonight's fight be epic!!!!!!

You made an excellent point regarding the relationship between NQ/YHY. I think the same way. Why does a powerful female character have to like the male lead? Not just for ever night but for many other shows. I supposed they think that will give more ratings. 

Yes the novel did a great job in the romance between SS/NQ. Which is why many book readers are now dissapointed. I have yet to see ep 49 to 58 so I have no idea as to how NQ acts after MSS left. However, I did watch when he walked away from her. Yes it did appear as though he was very heart broken. That whole MSS story left a bitter taste in my mouth. SS was made out to be the villain who separated the lovers. Which really is ridiculous. Yes MSS had to come to make them realize their feelings. I get that it's a part of growth but the screenwriter really ruined this part of the story. 

I did like some of the scenes that NingSang has had though. Mostly because these two actors have good chemistry and that can be seen on screen with the little moments we have had. So I'll try to focus on that and be happy. 

That fight needs to wow us. It needs to be epic. 

49 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@n3bulaFor checking mail and sending a Direct Messages  Go to the top right corner of a Website and you will see 3 Bars.

Then you will notice a bell and an envelope.

Click on envelope and you will see bunch of numbers for notifications of messages or how many times your post have been quoted or liked. 

Click on messages and Message will be open. 

I sent you a direct message earlier. :D

Pictures are taken to see how to check the messages or notifications 

Reveal hidden contents

SsTlApV0pKGeylko1NW5mNcmP6IQOP5NvK9lqyJo

aaEjeFqpenL6wCg90eMFmesnBkGN8HvT2kYqc8--

J8e-3pJGTbKAJC3Ta0Ps-8HwX-_j-z25ri1uGKqX

Thank you my friend. I had no idea how to do this. I'll go check it out now. :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

59 minutes ago, n3bula said:

LQ wants it all. He just didn't try to approach her in a good way

@n3bula.... LQ wants it all but has never worked hard for what he wants.  He did suffer but he hasn’t suffered like NQ did for 14 years. LQ still lives like a Prince but was discriminated too. I think LQ needs a woman like Sang Sang in his life who would love him now matter if he is evil or not.  LQ could have love with The Flower Addict but his jealousy , greed and anger is to much for him to handle. 

He spents so much time thinking of NQ when LQ doesn’t even think of him. Lol lol 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@n3bula.... LQ wants it all but has never worked hard for what he wants.  He did suffer but he hasn’t suffered like NQ did for 14 years. LQ still lives like a Prince but was discriminated too. I think LQ needs a woman like Sang Sang in his life who would love him now matter if he is evil or not.  LQ could have love with The Flower Addict but his jealousy , greed and anger is to much for him to handle. 

He spents so much time thinking of NQ when LQ doesn’t even think of him. Lol lol 

He is in love with NQ.:tounge_xd:

Seriously, his obsession about NQ is insane.

• LOL 3

4 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

NQ could have easily turned into LQ because he has the same qualities in a way in that he is someone who is full of himself, selfish, thoughtless, and willing to bend the rules to get what he wants.  Even the academy that took him in and he considers family he defies.  In many ways he is an anti-hero.  His only redeeming quality is that he treasures SS above all else and for some reason SS sees the good in him :D.  Yes, even with her he can be thoughtless and selfish but once in danger of losing her he will do anything, sacrificing anything to get her back. 

I absolutely love the little speech one of NQ's brothers give to him in the cave (don't know what # but the one always on the swing) that goes "a man and woman being together is not because they're good together.  It's because one side can forgive the other side's bad that they can be together...How difficult it is for the woman" Is he giving NQ a lecture about his behavior? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

He just thinks he is a pretty boy who deserves it all. I feel sorry for him cause he can't see past himself. 

He also fell for the NQ charm just like all the girls in the drama lol. 

• LOL 2

3 minutes ago, kiara_bleu said:

NQ could have easily turned into LQ because he has the same qualities in a way in that he is someone who is full of himself, selfish, thoughtless, and willing to bend the rules to get what he wants.  Even the academy that took him in and he considers family he defies.  In many ways he is an anti-hero.  His only redeeming quality is that he treasures SS above all else and for some reason SS sees the good in him :D.  Yes, even with her he can be thoughtless and selfish but once in danger of losing her he will do anything, sacrificing anything to get her back. 

I absolutely love the little speech one of NQ's brothers give to him in the cave (don't know what # but the one always on the swing) that goes "a man and woman being together is not because they're good together.  It's because one side can forgive the other side's bad that they can be together...How difficult it is for the woman" Is he giving NQ a lecture about his behavior? 

What episode was this? I want to see. 

I remember that when the brothers and sisters were picking team SS or MSS one of them said something along these lines. I thought you got it brother lol. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, mei2018 said:

He is in love with NQ.:tounge_xd:

Seriously, his obsession about NQ is insane.

I never looked at it from that way. You might be right @mei2018... lol lol :lol:.... You are hilarious :lol:... Sometimes I feel bad for him until I see act so arrogant. 

@kiara_bleu... It was # Seventh sister who said that. She is right but one reason why SS can forgive him so much is because she saw the rawness of his pain throughout the years. She understands him so much but I believe it also the promise they made to each other that make things smooth for them.  CMIIW Chingu’s. 

@n3bula  I think it is episode 48, if you have Viki , it subbed at 99%

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, kiara_bleu said:

Exactly... to me Long Qing and Ye Hongyu both are mirrors of what NQ could have become had he choose a different path and didn't have SS in his life. 

The speech was said by the 11th brother.. and Its a really good speech isn't it? It impressed me a lot. 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, n3bula said:

What episode was this? I want to see. 

I remember that when the brothers and sisters were picking team SS or MSS one of them said something along these lines. I thought you got it brother lol. 

It's episode 51 and it's the part they have translated for now :)

19 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

I never looked at it from that way. You might be right @mei2018... lol lol :lol:.... You are hilarious :lol:... Sometimes I feel bad for him until I see act so arrogant. 

@kiara_bleu... It was # Seventh sister who said that. She is right but one reason why SS can forgive him so much is because she saw the rawness of his pain throughout the years. She understands him so much but I believe it also the promise they made to each other that make things smooth for them.  CMIIW Chingu’s. 

@n3bula  I think it is episode 48, if you have Viki , it subbed at 99%

Now in ep 51 it's the brother always on the swing that says that directly to NQ...so did he steal it from the 7th Sister :lol:

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

Exactly... to me Long Qing and Ye Hongyu both are mirrors of what NQ could have become had he choose a different path and didn't have SS in his life. 

The speech was said by the 11th brother.. and Its a really good speech isn't it? It impressed me a lot. 

Yes I didn't know which brother it was but now I know it was 11th brother :D

It is in this picture where I thought SS and MSS look a bit alike. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, kiara_bleu said:

Now in ep 51 it's the brother always on the swing that says that directly to NQ...so did he steal it from the 7th Sister :lol:

I am sorry I thought this speech was from seventh sister. Thanks you @lynne22 for setting the record straight. Sometimes the subs goes so fast that i can’t quite keep u with them and get them confused sometimes. Smhs smh 

• LOL 2

6 hours ago, epinklyn said:

The drama doesnt show it, only NQ mention about it.

Thank you.  I find that a strange directorial decision:huh: 

If her illness is getting worse why not show it visually onscreen as a reminder? Make the audience care and worry a little rather just a throwaway remark by NQ.  Show SS in bed and NQ being scared for her and maybe trying to hide his fears? Or show NQ looking after her?  Remember the adorable foot warming scenes? It would be a sweet emotional scene for NingSang, plot set up for her illness relapsing later, reminder of their past and how much SS means to NQ. 

2 hours ago, n3bula said:

Thank you for the pics :)The behind the scenes pictures look like they had lots of fun.  First and Second Brother are both very handsome in different ways.  Dylan Kuo's bone structure is incredible.

• Like 4