[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

8 minutes ago, n3bula said:

Got it! Thanks for that explanation. 

You can read the reply I gave to littlemissmiss too. I do believe her kissing him is just a payback for all the the things she had done for them. And also, a return kiss from NQ would have been well deserve in her part. Although, we all know that NQ will not gonna do that. Even though he has the urge, but he doesnt have the will or strenght to do it because she is not the most important person to him. 

• Like 2

So yeah I was already prepared to see YHY/NQ act all flirty. So I'm not surprised with all the unnecessary scenes between them. I have no trust in the screenwriter when it comes to handling the romance in this drama. I'm preparing my self to continue being annoyed. Still what bothers me the most is how it is out of character for them to act this way. 

I just found out NQ asked YHY to take care of SS if anything happens to him. Wth?? Why on earth would he ask someone he doesn't even trust himself to do that? I'm sorry that's just ridiculous. He can just ask his brothers and sisters from the academy to do so. Those are the people who he can truly trust. Jun Mo would definitely do it cause he actually cares for SS.

Maybe he did it out of desperation to keep.SS protected which I guess would be understandable. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thartie said:

You can read the reply I gave to littlemissmiss too. I do believe her kissing him is just a payback for all the the things she had done for them. And also, a return kiss from NQ would have been well deserve in her part. Although, we all know that NQ will not gonna do that. Even though he has the urge, but he doesnt have the will or strenght to do it because she is not the most important person to him. 

Well said. See this is why I love sharing opinions.  You guys give me insight and help me view things on different levels. :)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, n3bula said:

So yeah I was already prepared to see YHY/NQ act all flirty. So I'm not surprised with all the unnecessary scenes between them. I have no trust in the screenwriter when it comes to handling the romance in this drama. I'm preparing my self to continue being annoyed. Still what bothers me the most is how it is out of character for them to act this way. 

I just found out NQ asked YHY to take care of SS if anything happens to him. Wth?? Why on earth would he ask someone he doesn't even trust himself to do that? I'm sorry that's just ridiculous. He can just ask his brothers and sisters from the academy to do so. Those are the people who he can truly trust. Jun Mo would definitely do it cause he actually cares for SS.

Maybe he did it out of desperation to keep.SS protected which I guess would be understandable. 

I didn't see it as NQ being flirty at all but him again trying to ingratiate himself to someone to save is own a@$ and who can help him.  We see a scene with him with his academy classmate (I think) and he gives her or something he made out of weeds (in the book he explains that it's a toy he used to make for SS) and grabs her hands to walk as well.  I don't know what they talk about but I guess we just don't see it as flirty cause she treats him as usual.  But in terms of YHY, I think this scenes are to show that she experienced kindness from NQ (hence also flashbacks of him helping her in the devil's cave) so that motivates her later in the scene to help him and SS.  If they don't add these things then wouldn't be weird that she just decided to show up at their place injured and even helping them out?

As for NQ asking her to protect SS, not sure if I'm mixing drama and novel, but wasn't it established that because SS became an inheritor of WGM, isn't she in the same sect as YHY?  Are they both considered members of Xiling sect or am I confused?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, n3bula said:

Because NQ trusted her so much despite of them trying to kill each other. He knows how powerful YHY is and only her can protect SS as how NQ protected her. And remember, SS and YHY has become close too and bonded together at the lake house before. She even taught her how to cultivate. 

16 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Hide contents

How about SS getting sick ? Is there still enough time for that ? What do you think ?

What i think is the ending after seeing the latest episdoes:

Spoiler

I really do think they will end with SS getting hit and nobody being able to cure her so she and NQ leaves Changan (or even with just SS getting hit with cliffhanger as SS die or not, which I don't really like).  I don't think they will start Season 2 with SS being the Divine Light.  The novel up to this point is quiet straightforward and the drama largely adhered to it but it's the rest of the novel that I feel is more complicated and problematic to adapt.  There are censorship to consider, how much killing and torture are you allowed to show on a tv show, especially from the hero and heroine?  I think there will be more massive changes for the rest of the novel so they might have SS getting progressively sicker then turn into Divine Light all in S2 if they think they can't have S3.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, thartie said:

Because NQ trusted her so much despite of them trying to kill each other. He knows how powerful YHY is and only her can protect SS as how NQ protected her. And remember, SS and YHY has become close too and bonded together at the lake house before. She even taught her how to cultivate. 

He also asked the Princess to protect SS before he left for the wilderness even though he actively looks down on her and questions her motivations towards him and SS.  Despite all that, he never prevented SS from spending time with and getting close to her.  He is the same with YHY. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Yes i have read a few pages of those and

Reveal hidden contents

As i said before, the yoda translation really makes me confused, since i am still on 'perception' level cultivation, so i cant understand those well LOL. 

I just know that NQ is imprisoned and Qi Hai Xue Shan accupoint was deadlock by SS, so he just back as regular man, and she tortured him because he wont 'submit' to SS, this word 'submit' really annoy me, however after intimate scene, kissing and washing SS feet, well NQ is like slave for her, suddenly NQ accupoint is back, sumthin like that. That's so far i read. Maybe chingu @thartie and others can enlighten me, since you are already in 'Knowing Yoda Language' level LOL

I DM YOU MY UNDERSTANDING TO YODA NOVEL VERSION , so no to offend anyone. :lol:

• LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, kiara_bleu said:

He also asked the Princess to protect SS before he left for the wilderness even though he actively looks down on her and questions her motivations towards him and SS.  Despite all that, he never prevented SS from spending time with and getting close to her.  He is the same with YHY. 

Yep! I agree with you. He always chooses powerful people to do the job. Lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

7 minutes ago, kiara_bleu said:

Pretty please send it to me too :blush: I was soooo lost trying to read it too :crazy:

@kiara_bleu I Added you to message . :lol::D

Spoiler

I am thinking the same thing chingu about the ending of the drama. They won’t be able to put the second arc of the novel on tv. China has to many censorship to follow for tv viewers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, epinklyn said:

Omg, the rose water skincare for SS is really exist! It was Franic LOL!

Thanks for this! I thought it might be a product placement but I wasn't sure.  I guess i shouldn't be surprised after they managed to force Pizza Hut product placement into the drama too :rolleyes: At least the Franic product placement made more sense to the plot and was a bit more subtle.

• LOL 2

55 minutes ago, kiara_bleu said:

I didn't see it as NQ being flirty at all but him again trying to ingratiate himself to someone to save is own a@$ and who can help him.  We see a scene with him with his academy classmate (I think) and he gives her or something he made out of weeds (in the book he explains that it's a toy he used to make for SS) and grabs her hands to walk as well.  I don't know what they talk about but I guess we just don't see it as flirty cause she treats him as usual.  But in terms of YHY, I think this scenes are to show that she experienced kindness from NQ (hence also flashbacks of him helping her in the devil's cave) so that motivates her later in the scene to help him and SS.  If they don't add these things then wouldn't be weird that she just decided to show up at their place injured and even helping them out?

As for NQ asking her to protect SS, not sure if I'm mixing drama and novel, but wasn't it established that because SS became an inheritor of WGM, isn't she in the same sect as YHY?  Are they both considered members of Xiling sect or am I confused?

What you said regarding NQ makes sense. You do catch more bees with sugar than with vinegar. Although, I do think that feeding someone in the mouth is a way of flirting. Offering food is enough to be nice. Just ask Chen Pipi :yum:. As for NQ grabbing her arm and walking I don't consider that as flirting. That's a normal thing to do imo. There was no hand holding. 

You make an excellent point regarding YHY having to experience kindness from NQ so she wants to help them later on or ask for help herself. How was the interaction between SS/YHY? I think SS can learn from YHY. Plus as sweet as SS is she looked for the good in people which is a good thing for YHY who seems so lonely. 

I do think that both SS/YHY are on the same sect. I believe in novel SS felt bad about not cooking herself for YHY. She thought YHY would think she was a horrible cook. To which NQ said that SS had a higher position than YHY so therefore, it should be YHY serving SS. 

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, thartie said:

Makes sense YHY is badass. I have not seen them bond and had not read about that in the novel so I was clueless to that. Glad they bonded then. 

So why not have Fuzi protect her? Isn't he the most powerful one? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

Hide contents

How about SS getting sick ? Is there still enough time for that ? What do you think ?

About SS injured and illness, i think

Spoiler

On ep 56, when CPP realized there was YHY and tried to leave immediately, but being hold by NQ. YHY asked CPP to sit down ans have a drink with her. NQ said, it is allowed but not fighting, if they want to fight, not in the house because SS was not feeling well. And on ep 58, we see that NQ willing to exchange Hao Ran Book so YHY willing to teach SS Qi.

From here I feel that SS illness is getting worse, so i have my faith to say that tomorrow, on last eps, we will see SS gonna sick again on the battle-day of NQ n XH , but she of course want to help NQ, so she rush running into the battlefiled carrying Black Umbrella, and there she will help NQ using her all Qi, and get injured maybe dying. 

That is my prediction, tell me what you guys think?

• LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, kiara_bleu said:

Ah okay. In the novel SS/Princess are friends though right? Don't know if this is shown in drama or not. 

Basically NQ wants the world protecting SS :wub:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, n3bula said:

Makes sense YHY is badass. I have not seen them bond and had not read about that in the novel so I was clueless to that. Glad they bonded then. 

Ooh, trust me, Fuzi did his part too. I don't know how to say it, but he's the reason why SS survived. Wait, are you reading the novel and watching the show at the same time? 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

I DM YOU MY UNDERSTANDING TO YODA NOVEL VERSION , so no to offend anyone. :lol:

I'd love to know your point of view regarding this topic. I am not easily offended. Can you DM me as well? Although I have no idea how to DM in this forum lol. 

• LOL 2

2 minutes ago, n3bula said:

I think NQ will never asked the academy, since they will automatically protect SS without need to be asked. So just for precaution, NQ ask for help from people he knows and trust as much as he can to protect SS.

Previously after killing Dao Se QuNi son, he asked CPP to protect SS if something happen, since he doesnt know what gonna happened with him on the next minutes, so he asked the person he knows and available at the moment, he was CPP. 

Maybe he wants to ask help from FZ, but we know from tonite ep, he wanted to meet FZ but rejected.

• Like 4