[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

This is so addicting.. I read the 500+ chapters of the novel and I just couldn't stop reading. Now I'm frustrated because half on the novel isn't yet translated. Most scenes got the gist of the novel even if some scenes are not exactly the same. (I still love it). 

• Like 2

@celebrianna 

I think NQ’s original intention with the note was because he still wants play in the brothel ..... Unlucky for him, Mistress Jian won’t ever allow him to do anything. :lol:

Anyway, the the thing I take note is he still goes around reporting to SS back home so she won’t wait for him because He knows she is waiting for him. 

• Like 1

@lynne22, I love that he thinks of SS home waiting for him. Most men hardly think of this and that’s what I find most surprising about NQ. He takes SS very seriously. 

I also saw that he gave SS a prescription to go purchase the ingredients. He instructed her not to let anyone see it so I think that’s further proof that she can actually read.

I laughed so much at Chen PiPi debating over giving up his prized possession and then sulking when it was used on NQ. :lol: I can totally relate to that selfish attitude. 

Regarding NQ’s new development in episode 15, he endured a lot of suffering to achieve that breakthrough so I’m fine with him gaining it from that deadly experience.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Just rewatched the ep 14 with engsub from viki (actually i rewatch all of them over n over again in order to understand despite they were raw, I just enjoying NingSang story hahahaha), now I get another question though. 

Spoiler

Last time i ask why the vermillion attacked NQ, now after saw it with engsub, I just realized that actually with the attack, NQ accupoint Qihai n Wushan (forget the name) were melted and created the new one, that makes him able to cultivate.

So this thing is actually good for NQ right? Maybe the vermillion awaken to help NQ but in a very brutal way in order to crush the blocked accupoint from able to cultivate. Or... It wasn't planned, the vermillion attack the umbrella as you all said before and crushed NQ accupoint, and the umbrella protected n saved NQ with some energy that created new accupoint. Plz enlight me once again, thank you!

This series is so addicted, it is not a detective story but it makes you think and question all the time as it goes. Really enjoy NingSang up n down journey. It is so realistic.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

A King's life is always pitiful.

Just like a caged bird.

I don't like Yan Se at first due to episode 21 and 22. But from episode 23, 

Reveal hidden contents

He redeemed himself and I can see the love he has for Ning Que.

I came across one preview for the next upcoming episodes (I lost the link somehow hence can't share here). I remembered briefly that Ning Que was talking about meeting Long Qing again and what if he can't win him.

Yan Se told him to find ways to win, if not, find ways to escape. Come back and he will teach him. The tears in his eyes. Those lines... touched me deeply. 

Hi  @mrsj3n

Chingu why didn’t you like Yan Se?? When we saw him, I knew he loved Ning Que. do you Remember 

Spoiler

He was first shown as pebbled. He was asking people to right a word in the sand , if he likes the word he will give them a candied apple. But NQ is so distrustful if anyone though he was  phony. 

Remeber in episode 6-7 he saved Xiao Shu and Ning Que from the cultivator working with the Grand Prince. He was the one who warned the cultivator that Xiao Shu worked for the King and that he shouldn’t be working for the Grand Prince. 

• Like 2

@epinklyn, I think the Phoenix and the sword cultivator combined created the method necessary for NQ’s new development. I think they were coincidences that worked to NQ’s benefit although he endured a lot.

I hope Xiao Shu comes back to take care of that Xiling Justice department guy. He’s so boastful and talks too much. Now Xiao Shu knows exactly who he is.

Also, why is that third prince so dumb and useless and a bully? He’s totally worthless so far.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lynne22 said:

Personally, even tho NQ did consider Mo Shan Shan and do like her.. I won't ever say it's love

Spoiler

I just hope it doesn't come across like NQ compromised or settled for Sang Sang. Or he would have liked it more if he could have married both of them.  Because yes you need water to live but can you forget or stop wanting your favorite food?

My favorite song from the coming episodes

• Like 4

3 hours ago, rhaps said:

About epi 24 :

Hide contents

Ah, yeah I remember now. But that's about the Child of Hades, right? Not Long Qing.  Then again, I watched epi 24 without subs :P 
Are u saying that the priest wanted to test whether NQ is the Child of Hades or not, using the bell? 

About the bell theory, is that related to the story beyond chapter 600 with the crazy translations? *lol*. I honestly dont remember anything to it before that. Except perhaps, the part when he is fighting in the wilderness (w the girls) against a psychic master . Then again, that's just him fighting with his mind(?), no bell

@rhaps About ep 24

Spoiler

Yeah, the priest is testing it in Chang'An. 

It just happen he met NQ when he was ringing it. This is something new in the drama, because it's not in the book. 

My guess is it has something to do with NQ

Spoiler

is someone reincarnated from another world. But the thing is, this theory also have a flaw because C-drama/ Tv drama bans transmigration story like this.. so there could be another story behind the bell. We'll just have to wait and see.

Yeah, in ch 600.. a Buddhist bell was used to confirm SS's identity but that's another story.

@celebrianna Agreed with you, Chen Pipi is adorable... :wub: 

Anyway.... hehe.. the actor that plays Li Manman; Marco Chen really fits with who I imagine playing Eldest Brother... :wub: Am I the only one thinking this way? He has that gentle smile.....:wub:

620bdd0fgy1fwxivv65doj20u00k0dv1.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Hi  @mrsj3n

Chingu why didn’t you like Yan Se?? When we saw him, I knew he loved Ning Que. do you Remember 

Hide contents

He was first shown as pebbled. He was asking people to right a word in the sand , if he likes the word he will give them a candied apple. But NQ is so distrustful if anyone though he was  phony. 

Remeber in episode 6-7 he saved Xiao Shu and Ning Que from the cultivator working with the Grand Prince. He was the one who warned the cultivator that Xiao Shu worked for the King and that he shouldn’t be working for the Grand Prince. 

It's because of episode 21 and 22.

Spoiler

The tantrum he threw. :lol:

I was like "aargh! Don't spoil it for Ning Que!"

As funny as it may seem for that scene, I'm actually irritated as I felt there's no fairness in deciding it without Ning Que's decision and felt unfair for him since he worked so hard to get his spot!

I feel heartpain for him!

@lynne22 not just Li ManMan.. I like Chao Xiaoshu too!!!! But i wish he pout lesser. Lol

• LOL 2

Quoting fom this website https://cfensi.wordpress.com/2018/06/22/ever-night-morning-of-the-empire-releases-trailer/

The biggest xianxia/ fantasy wuxia drama starring newcomers, Ever Night将夜, has released a full trailer. Based on the book of the same name by Maoni,  the series will be released in three parts, with the first one being Ever Night: Dawn of the Empire 将夜:帝国的清晨. Relatively new actors Chen Feiyu, Song Yiren, Sun Zujun, Meng Ziyi,  Yuan Bingyan head the cast of seasoned actors like Hu Jun, Leo Lai, Ni Dahong, Adam Cheng,  Dylan Kuo, and Tong Yao.

This information does collaborate with what Erudite in Mydramalist says that this story is planned 3 season, which means the script is cut in 3 part. Judging from the book length.. the story is very long not just in chapter number but also in length so.. there is the material for that... I can only hope for the best and they can execute this well.

So far, I still think Season 1 is a decent and a good adaptation with the trailers confirming every plot point that happen in the book.. so I am happy that Mao Ni's work finally have a good adaptation. His work is worth it.

Added to that, the director's approach in fighting style is very old style.... The actors choice is also good and for the most part, they fits the role to a T.  So yeahhh.... I am very very satisfied.... :wub:

• Like 3

Regarding episode 19

Spoiler

I am so curious about what happened with LQ and NQ’s debate. I didn’t realize until LQ came to Tang how full of himself he is. I was surprised because he seemed so lame in Xiling. I didn’t even realize he’s suppose to be some prodigy. I just thought of him as some child of light more related to their priestly order and succession. He seemed so lame compared to the red maniac girl. 

Also, I like that NQ knows his limits and is more on the laid back side. I mean, clearly the other students are intimidated by LQ’s fame as a prodigy but NQ seems to stay out of it. Quite frankly, the general and the prodigy guy at the academy both lost embarrassingly to LQ. Why pick a fight you can’t win? However, I was glad when NQ debated with LQ because only then did that stupid smug look on his face slip. Even the older brother seem to get some satisfaction out of seeing LQ lose a bit of his composure.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, lynne22 said:

@celebrianna I know right?

Hide contents

LQ's pride took a lot of hit from NQ in the banquet....

All because he dares to threaten Sang Sang...  LOL..... 

@lynne22 I did not know he threatened Sang Sang but propositioned her. Thanks for the clarification chingu.

Only read spoiler tag if you have seen Ep 12-18 with subs  

Spoiler

I did not know it was a threat he said to Sang Sang. I though it was proposition. Thanks for clarifying it for me chingu.I finally caught up to episode 18 with subs. I really wish I hadn’t wait to watch it. Even though it was fun binge watching it. I shouldn’t have waited so I can talk about each episode as i watch instead of summarizing everything I saw. Lol

OMO OMO, I never expected to find out that Ning Que has property. I loved how he told her they have money. Not He has money. Everything NQ has also belongs to Sang Sang.  The episode with the Gang telling him he owned the Gambling house was superb. Chingu is there a possibility that Ning Que is boood related to the Jian Da Jian. What do you guys think???

Amazing chingu Sang Sang is Ning Que birth of fate/ Totem. Cmiiw. Isn’t that amazing. I like that fact he is trying to use money as a totem. Lol lol

My interpretations of the Phoenix was not to kill but to clear up NQ’s accu points. Pleas correct me chingu. I think the Phoenix was only clearing him up not kill. Remeber the umbrella can move in its own. It could have protected him at anytime but never did until he was critical. Another sign is because he his wound was physical but spiritual. Cmiiw. 

@angelangie i feel you chingu. I hate when that happens. It pissed me off the most when that happens. 

• Like 1

@UnniSarah

about LQ

Spoiler

SS outdrank him.. so he finds her interesting. But, by trying to take SS away from NQ, he is basically threatening SS because nothing good will came out of it.

That's why NQ was pissed off, while before he would rather keep his silence even though he doesn't like LQ.

About the phoenix from the book perspective

Spoiler

The phoenix is actually attacking the umbrella. There's a secret with the umbrella. 

But luckily or unluckily NQ has it on his back, so the phoenix attack him too. 

Basically what happen after the attack was, the burning fire from the phoenix and also the cold from the umbrella destroyed and then rebuild his acupoints. It's a very yin and yang metaphor that the author wants to convey...

This is his lucky chance. 

Ahahahaa... I know right? NQ having Sang sang as his totem is so him.... because the totem/object of fate whatever the translator wants to call it, is basically something or in NQ case someone that is the most closest to him.... :wub::wub::wub: Their bond is so heartwarming... 

Anyway @rhaps ... I take back what I said about "Ancient pizza" starting to appear in ep 18... It already appear in Ep 15 as SS and NQ's meal from victory house.. ahahahaha.. SS even comment about the speedy delivery... :joy: OMG! This PPL is so random..... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, celebrianna said:

@epinklyn, I think the Phoenix and the sword cultivator combined created the method necessary for NQ’s new development. I think they were coincidences that worked to NQ’s benefit although he endured a lot.

I hope Xiao Shu comes back to take care of that Xiling Justice department guy. He’s so boastful and talks too much. Now Xiao Shu knows exactly who he is.

Also, why is that third prince so dumb and useless and a bully? He’s totally worthless so far.

1 hour ago, lynne22 said:

@UnniSarah

about LQ

Hide contents

SS outdrank him.. so he finds her interesting. But, by trying to take SS away from NQ, he is basically threatening SS because nothing good will came out of it.

That's why NQ was pissed off, while before he would rather keep his silence even though he doesn't like LQ.

About the phoenix from the book perspective

Hide contents

The phoenix is actually attacking the umbrella. There's a secret with the umbrella. 

But luckily or unluckily NQ has it on his back, so the phoenix attack him too. 

Basically what happen after the attack was, the burning fire from the phoenix and also the cold from the umbrella destroyed and then rebuild his acupoints. It's a very yin and yang metaphor that the author wants to convey...

This is his lucky chance. 

Ahahahaa... I know right? NQ having Sang sang as his totem is so him.... because the totem/object of fate whatever the translator wants to call it, is basically something or in NQ case someone that is the most closest to him.... :wub::wub::wub: Their bond is so heartwarming... 

Anyway @rhaps ... I take back what I said about "Ancient pizza" starting to appear in ep 18... It already appear in Ep 15 as SS and NQ's meal from victory house.. ahahahaha.. SS even comment about the speedy delivery... :joy: OMG! This PPL is so random..... 

Ah thank you @UnniSarah @celebrianna for the explanation, so it is really destiny for NQ.

Spoiler

Actually NQ is quite something hillarious, he still able to curse Chen PiPi when he was dying at the Old Book Building, still confused why NQ went where, did he intentionally look for San Jie or other Teachers or direct to ChenPiPi to get medicated.

I found out this article, arthur chen get the cast purely from his talent.

http://www.dramapanda.com/2018/11/ever-night-director-talks-about-casting.html?m=1

• Like 4