[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

1 hour ago, thartie said:

To all of us who are worried about the rumor, Let's look at it this way: With CFY parents influence in the industry, it will be an insult to their pride and honor if their son gets replace on the very drama  he brought to stardom. And also, they will probably pull some string to keep him, if not they will probably use their wealth and influence to make investors drop their investment and make those veteran supporting casts  leave their roles and leave the drama suffer and struggle financially. I mean, in the first place, CYF family is the reason why they manage to pull all those great actors together, right. That's what the avenuex review said. lol  At least this is what I hope for that they will do and I will be like, good for them because they will go for popularity instead of pure talent! Shame, shame shame. 

CFY and SYR all the way!

Actually, this kind of post is really damaging to the actor credibility as you are insinuating that CFY nabbed the role because of his background. You are giving the impression that CFY and his parents are bullies! And indirectly, you are dissing off his talent. Stop posting things like this. 

Honestly, I'd like to maintain the view that CFY is a bona fide actor instead of a mommy's boy who is riding daddy's coat tails. 

37 minutes ago, angelangie said:

guys.....lets just let it slides for now k?

no points in us going rounds and rounds and rounds.....whatever happen will happen and things happen.....we are here now to join hands to enjoy the wonderfully made Season 1 so no more posting of any other news unless it is confirm.....as far as i can see it is all rumors up to this stage and i will like to ask you guys to refrain to talk about it any further .....

Just for a side note / Reminder:....unless it is a confirm news related to 'JiangYe' or any discussion about the book related to 'JiangYe' i will proceed to remove it unless u guys can give the authentic link to the piece of news then it will stay if not.....i will remove it.

Edit 1(11/19/18 - 11.58pm (KST)): @thartie your posts is not damaging, but in turn of the event and to avoid the other users from going round the same thing...i had hide your posts as i had mention above ... the main reason is to avoid the threads from spiral into the negativity sides, i hope you understand, thanks.

@angelangie that's perfectly fine to me. I'm pro positiveness. Hehehe. That's why I ask you to do some action to the best of everybody..:) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, angelangie said:

They deserve it ... all the hard work they pour into it and from some the BT’s I watch...the director really did her best to guide those younger artist along

Yep! The director is great! This drama deserved to be a hit! 

Glad for everyone involved. 

I really enjoy it. It leads me to read the novel. It is a great novel and the production, the director and casts help the novel comes alive.

The only thing, I do not like is Long Ching's acting. I thnik that the actor is a bit stiff, but he may be better as the story moves on. He is one of the main villains so I expect more from him

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, angelangie said:

They deserve it ... all the hard work they pour into it and from some the BT’s I watch...the director really did her best to guide those younger artist along

She did and I think giving the younger actors/actresses a Chance was the best idea they can come up with. Guiding them in their craft so each scene can be done right. :heart::heart:  The drama does begin the character young and not having grown adults play children was the right idea. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

anyway i created a thread for all 'Arthur's fans' you guys can vent but remember no bashing k :) 

https://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/428422-official-thread-arthur-chen-feiyu-陈飞宇/

Is there one already for Song YiRen too? was there also one for NingSang. I thought someone mentioned it before that they were going to create one for the couple?  :grin:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pangia said:

Is there one already for Song YiRen too? was there also one for NingSang. I thought someone mentioned it before that they were going to create one for the couple?  :grin:

I'm with pangia. Please make one for the couple. I love them both. Fresh faces in the film industry. 

• Like 2

I liked this scene a lot.

Spoiler translation for episode 21

Spoiler

Ning Que meets Fu Zi.

NQ: Who are you?

FZ: Look, the sky is already dark.

NQ: I can see that.

FZ: This is the world of Light (Guang Ming (bright) sect) and also the world of Darkness. This is the last world and also the best world. If you could choose, would you choose Light or Darkness?

NQ: Why do I have to choose?

FZ: Ever night is coming, you have to choose.

NQ: Each time I have to choose, why? You haven't chosen once.

FZ: How did you choose in the past.

NQ: I am in the dark, but my heart is light.

FZ: hahaha After all these years I didn't expect I would actually again see a sprig of wild grass on the wall swaying with the wind.

NQ: I chose and you are still dissatisfied.

FZ: If the sky fell down, what would you do?

NQ: How can the sky fall down?

FZ: What if...

NQ: Naturally a tall person (meaning skilled/ capable) would support it. For example someone like you.

FZ: What if the tall person can't stop it.

NQ: Then I would run

FZ: The sky is falling down, where would you run too?

NQ: You said what if, the world doesn't have so many what ifs.

FZ: Why don't we go back to the choice at the start.

Kid: Don't, why is it me?

Strangler: Someone lives, someone has to die.

Kid: Don't

NQ: You should know, this type of choice, for me is no longer difficult. My umbrella is black. Sang Sangs face is also dark. My friend is called little Black. From when I was young till now, I chose like this. This does not mean that I am wrong. Even if you think I am wrong, I don't care. Because your opinion has nothing to do with me.

Can someone tell me why Fu Zi liked NQs answer to his question?  I've watched this part a few times and I still don't understand why Fu Zi smiled at the end.  NQ basically told Fu Zi that he didn't give a flying fart about his opinion. 

:lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

14 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Sorry, any explanation from novel about this?

Spoiler

How can he knows that it was NQ who awake the vermillion? Even WGM never mention it was NQ. Since WGM doesnt know who is the real son of hades. Even YanSe also have no idea that it was NQ awake the vermillion.

9 hours ago, lynne22 said:

@epinklyn

Regarding your question, about how did Chen pipi knows that NQ awaken the phoenix.. from what I can tell, He didn’t  know for sure. He guessed it.:lol:

NQ came to the library injured. From his checkup, NQ’s injury is just too strange and after knowing the news of the bird’s awakening the night before, it’s not hard for him to connect the dots. It was NQ’s attitude afterward when CPP ask NQ that confirmed his guess. 

Thx @lynne22, but i was wrong, I was asking about the Xiling Priest in ep 24, but i forgot to mention the ep and the priest, since it was a reposted question.

This the real question:

Spoiler

How come in ep 24, the Xiling Priest attack and try to kill NQ, and he guessed that NQ is the child of hades, since in ep 14, when NQ n Black Umbrella has awaken the Vermillion bird, WGM the grand priest of Light in prison just said Vermilion has awaken and child of hades gettimg stronger!, and it was in Tang. WGM never mention about a name. Even master Yan Se didnt know it was NQ until upcoming ep 25-26.

I have rewatch it all over and over again, ofcourse with the sub up to 18 on Viki, the rest is just guessing all the time :P

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, epinklyn said:

Thx @lynne22, but i was wrong, I was asking about the Xiling Priest in ep 24, but i forgot to mention the ep and the priest, since it was a reposted question.

This the real question:

Reveal hidden contents

How come in ep 24, the Xiling Priest attack and try to kill NQ, and he guessed that NQ is the child of hades, since in ep 14, when NQ n Black Umbrella has awaken the Vermillion bird, WGM the grand priest of Light in prison just said Vermilion has awaken and child of hades gettimg stronger!, and it was in Tang. WGM never mention about a name. Even master Yan Se didnt know it was NQ until upcoming ep 25-26.

I have rewatch it all over and over again, ofcourse with the sub up to 18 on Viki, the rest is just guessing all the time :P

Spoiler

]I'm listening to the audio book up to chapter 220 and I still not quite sure who is the child of hades, NQ or SS.  Because when WGM meet SS, he didn't felt the dark energy around her instead he think she is very pure to the point that he wants her to be his pupil.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Thanks a lot for translating this!

I dont remember this scene in the novel. I think this one is only in the drama?

Anyway, my take on this is :

Reveal hidden contents

I think Fu Zi likes it because it shows that NQ's basic desire is only to survive and to stay alive (?) He doesnt want fame, money, power or anything. He is just straigth-forwardly saying that he wants to survive against all odds. 

In addition, NQ is also smart and simple. I love this part :

FZ: If the sky fell down, what would you do?
NQ: How can the sky fall down?
FZ: What if...
NQ: Naturally a tall person (meaning skilled/ capable) would support it. For example someone like you.
FZ: What if the tall person can't stop it.
NQ: Then I would run
FZ: The sky is falling down, where would you run too?
NQ: You said what if, the world doesn't have so many what ifs.

NQ is right :P He knows that he is not capable, so he relies on people with high skills in term of chaos (the sky falling). And if they are not capable, then he'll just run. No need to think further (in case of "where would you run if the sky is falling?"), because that is a 'what-if' question. It's not real, and there's only little chance that the sky will really fall, so why should he think of a complicated scenario? 

Please CMIIW, but I think this part is in the novel.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, rhaps said:

I wonder whether LQ has a bad acting or is it because his character is like that? I checked his filmography and he was in Colorful Bones as a monk. I watched that one, now I remember..and his acting there was the same as here :P. I actually dont really have a problem with him at that time, as well as now, but I do think that he is ..dunno..kinda boring, perhaps? 

Same here although this is my first time seeing him. Villains are many times so obvious that I was surprised when I heard he’s a major villain. I like that it wasn’t obvious with LQ. I don’t know what kind of villain he is supposed to be but from what I have seen so far I assume that he goes down the wrong path through either his pride, his obsession with the light order, or the restoration of the Yan kingdom, or all those things combined. 

What I find a disconnect is 

Spoiler

why would he murder the girl he loves and simply step over her body. Did he do this in the test because he thought it was only a test? Or perhaps it means he doesn’t really love that girl but value his success more? I just found it surprising because he was the one pursuing her and she kept rejecting him saying he’s too good for her. When did he change tunes?

• Like 4

@angelangie  Yes , That is the name chingu. I have tried to copy and paste the name on my IPhone and was unsuccessful. So I asked you to type it so I can copy the name and paste it in my note pad for a later date. The song is out but not in the USA.  This so sad, I love this song so much . Thanks for your help

4 hours ago, epinklyn said:

This the real question:

Reveal hidden contents

Ahhh i seee...

Wu Ming (the priest name) appearing in Chang an plot is not in the book. 

Spoiler

For clearer plot we’ll have to wait for sub or someone translating their convo.

But My guess is WM doesn’t know its NQ. It was after he rings the bell that he think it’s NQ. 

The bell is the one I’m focusing on tho, not WM. Because in the book there is a bell that was used to reveal who is the real Hades’s son but that is a budhist bell, not xiling’s. I’m looking forward to know more about this plot. 

@angelangie:heart:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1