[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

Forget about Oh Gong being jealous of Jonathan (an adult being jealous of another adult is normal) because Seon Mi takes the definition of jealousy and being crazy in love to the next level when she considers a five-year-old girl as a serious competition for The Monkey King’s love. What makes this even funnier is that it takes place during the period where she keeps insisting to Han Joo that OG is definitely NOT HER BOYFRIEND.

i3OfaUE.jpg

Anyway, I think SM used the wrong argument; she should have just told the girl that she already married OG twice and he told her that he would marry her as many times she wanted. Pity, she didn’t take a photo with him in that wedding hall, she could have used it now. 

tumblr_p3c2goHTNS1s8t96qo3_540.png

• Like 5
  • LOL 12

Episode 9 & 10 discuses the issue of sucide. But I personally think it was more the lines of assisted sucide. 

The bookseller tempted the children with items that they didn’t have in their lives. She lead them to their deaths thus, causing their deaths. 

I personally think she was one of the most evil demons that they have ever faced. Even all our main demons thought she was evil. And which other flavor demon of the week has had two episodes? 

Our anti hero seems to have a soft spot for children. If you recall, MW sent JSM to SO’s prison most likely because she was a child. Maybe he knew SO wouldn’t eat her because of this. 

• Like 7

On 1/30/2018 at 4:50 PM, stroppyse said:

That is an interesting point. I think that is why this demon is so evil, but it possibly may be the evil of misplaced good intentions. Yes, these children may be hurt and abused; however, is the solution to basically end their lives and not give them the chance to grow up and fashion different lives for themselves? Especially since as children, they are in the circumstances they are since they can't help themselves and don't have choice in the first place. If she were a human being who kills the children since she thinks they are unhappy rather than let them continue to suffer, we would be quick to condemn her, and administer the death penalty if in an area where such was available. So, for me, I did not think of her character as benign at all. They say in the episode that it's a demon born of human evil and I think that's an appropriate descriptor. It may be in its relatively seeming benignness that the evil may be truly frightening.

Yes, I agree . She also reminded me of the Pied Piper leading them to their deaths. She also kept them in books ie. Imprisoning them. So not only she lead them to their deaths, they couldn’t either reincarnate or go to heaven. 

• Like 5

So the bracelet functions like a contract akin to what was used in dramas like Full House. From a somewhat cavalier attitude tempered by the GGG to one that is love. The self control to enlightenment in the original story is somewhat changed into something romantic here. 

I can get behind that. :blush:

• Like 5

“So you don’t need to laugh at me. You too are a very bad guy. Reflect on it.”

Misery loves company, doesn’t it? This is their first serious and sincere conversation and it’s such a poignant and honest moment between these two men as they finally admit they are the same as they connect over their respetive heartbreaks - two demons who have brought misery and misfortune to the women they love.

mIoDppq.jpg

This is basically them saying that hurting the ones they love, it’s just what they do because it is what they are. That in the end, no matter what they do, deep inside they are messed-up and dysfunctional and they realize their mistakes only after it’s too late and they already messed up and hurt the ones they love.

tMpd9uL.jpg

“Because she met me, her fate changed. There’s Sam Jang, whose fate changed after meeting you, isn’t there? The reason human JIn Seon Mi became Sam Jang is your fault, no?”

I’ve always felt that Ma Wang’s love story was a cautionary tale, a warning against what could happen if a love between beings from different worlds went wrong and that one day Oh Gong might become like Ma Wang - spending 1 000 years waiting for the woman he loves and trying to save her.

OgnF4lm.jpg

• Like 12
  • Sad 3

23 minutes ago, manaic said:

why books make OG tired? are the books his blind spot? this make me worried...

When he went to the library to catch the mermaid, he said the books make him dizzy. I don’t think it’s a weakness. I just think he just doesn’t like to read..Part of his thug like personality. 

I think at the bookstore he felt empathy for the children trapped or imprisoned as he was. And his thug like personality/mentality. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm back!

Finally caught up with the last three episodes.

Phew... Seung Gi is killing this role. I love how stubborn both he and Seon Mi are in denying their feelings.

So Oh Gong acknowledges his love but that darn bell. It's a feeling that one of them will die. Whether Oh Gong becomes human (which I am not sure it is possible) or Seon Mi becomes a deity (if she ends up saving the world).

And Ma Wang... I am speechless.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Dramanoona said:

I'm back!

Finally caught up with the last three episodes.

Phew... Seung Gi is killing this role. I love how stubborn both he and Seon Mi are in denying their feelings.

So Oh Gong acknowledges his love but that darn bell. It's a feeling that one of them will die. Whether Oh Gong becomes human (which I am not sure it is possible) or Seon Mi becomes a deity (if she ends up saving the world).

And Ma Wang... I am speechless.

I would be really surprised if SO accepts becoming a human. I mean what kind of job could he actually do? Work for the mafia? Hmm I don’t think JSM would accept this. Be a bodyguard? Being the most powerful being on earth.. A lion  becoming a deer...I don’t think so...

oh and I also agree of Seung Gi. He was born to play this role. 

• Like 5

Is this already posted?

GeumGangGo Gold Hoop Bracelet

%EA%B9%8C%EB%98%90%EC%83%81%ED%8E%98%20copy_shop1_132913.jpg

Price:

27, 000 Won  (25.11 Dollars)  at The Global (ohpackege)

27,500 Won (25.58 Dollars) at Mini Jay 1 (StoreFarm Naver) 

39.90 Dollars at  Cute House (Qoo10 - Singapore)

• Like 7

I think one key point here is (not sure if anyone else mentioned this.. sorry if it has already been said.) SM would always have a problem with finding a man to love her and get married given she could see ghost before she released OG and was made SJ.  Even her own family treated her badly before the loss of her grandmother and after All because of her gifts... AT least in becoming SJ she gained people who though powerful or different (and can eat her . lol) still become a sort of family and friends to her.

SM managed to take a gift that has caused her pain and made a business out of it making herself rich. But would there ever have been a man and his family who would truly care for her and accept her as she is without the money or in spite of her money? I have to wonder if that answer would be no. I think eventually SM would learn this and be very hurt that it was not her that they accepted fully weird gifts and all but her money she has made from her own hard work and independence.

Kids can be very cruel and we saw SM alone a lot as a child, Made an outcast, laughed at and treated badly because of what she could see. Only a man and his family who was strong enough to deal with that would have ever married SM unless she pretended not to see that anymore or lost the ability. And then her children could have inherited that ability as well and endured what she did as a child growing up.

I think the only one  ever for SM was OG and that is why they are together. They will be powerful together once they accept and admit their feelings to one another. Not sure how their story will end or the next chapter will go for them but SM and OG are made for one another. NO other being could be with her and deal with what she deals with on a day to day bases and is strong enough to not care what others think and protect her when she gets her self in messes.

Just my thought..

• Like 6