[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

44 minutes ago, estrellita1122 said:

I can’t stop replying at the kiss scene. I have never been like this on any kiss scenes of OYS’s dramas all this time. All the dramas that she had kiss this one was the best. 

By the way i forgive PK since i am more excited with OTP kisses. 3 kisses is one scene  had made me forget all that it happened on ep 10 :blush: 

all JSM friends are demons and will betray her anytime except for the secretary man since he truly  sees her as a friend or family and wants her to be happy and SOG 

I don’t expect anything from MW, PK, Zombie, Secretary dog or CEO since they are nice to her because they want something from her and they never really considere her feelings. MW for example all that he is doing is not for JSM shake but for his own shake and he makes her think that he is telling her in order to not be hurt but in reality is just for him to really know what she is sad about and be ahead of SOG not because he truly cares for her. 

I dont think Buja will hurt SM

Buja is really fond of her

Rather I can see Buja sacrifice herself for SM

I think Buja & PK story will end up really tragic

Poor PK

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, SakuraC said:

I dont think Buja will hurt SM

Buja is really fond of her

Rather I can see Buja sacrifice herself for SM

I think Buja & PK story will end up really tragic

Poor PK

Both and Buja have this connection that other people can't feel. Hence Buja was calm while Sunmi was hugging her :wub:

I always love these 2. Like someone said Sunmi is like the mum and Oh Gong is the annoying dad haha

Buja case will indeed open the pandora box of the great villain. As sad as it is, these characters might sacrifice for each other...

• Like 11

Yeah.i was confuse with the beginning scene too... was it a dream sequence?

but gosh she looks so beautiful in that simple wedding dress. Even a simple pink flower band and make up maker her looks

so pretty....

*stop dressing her i black!!!!! 

• Like 7

I find that the main demons in this drama don’t fit in the scope of black or white. They are rather greyish in my opinion. 

So do I really see PK in the worst possible way? Not really. I think it kind of made SM realize her responsibilities as the SJ. Or her “selfish” choices causes consequences. 

• Like 8

So m guessing its boys over flowers all over again.. as in your soulmate (rui) and the one you actually fall in love with (damyoji) are different...atleast korean version uses exact same phrase when they go on some forced trip initially :)

Similarly..m guessing sunmi fated love is probably jonathan...but the one she loves is monkey..

M more curious to know who is fated love of monkey :) .. now that could definitely be sun mi..because clearly gods can give a painful relationship to him...

N m really happy to see concrete proof of monkey taking care of her since release...i guess he hust needs to do things of his volition.

N he didnt like d idea of being binded by a contract when he just got released after 500 thousand yrs.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I had actually been thinking that most of the blood butterflies had gone to the demon horde that had been gathering for SM's blood and dispersed there, while BJ because she was freshly dead and still a corpse was reanimated. Under this scenario, only if other butterflies had landed on fresh corpses would they create a zombie army. Otherwise, the blood would have just dissipated into the earth or with the demons that the butterflies were going after. But, that's just my speculation.

I wasn't really thinking a zombie army, but I did forget that there were hordes of demons in the area.  So it would make sense that they would lap it up as you suggest.  :)

• Like 3

“Hwayugi” Ratings Soar After Kiss Scene In Latest Episode

Oh-Yeon-Seo-Lee-Seung-Gi2.jpg

Hwayugi” continues its winning streak at No. 1 in its time slot!

The tvN drama enjoyed a significant increase in viewership ratings for its latest episode, which featured a romantic kiss scene between Lee Seung Gi and Oh Yeon Seo.

According to Nielsen Korea, the January 28 episode of “Hwayugi” recorded an average viewership rating of 6.3 percent and a peak of 7.3 percent, maintaining its first place position in its time slot across all channels. The show also performed well with the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, scoring an average rating of 5.8 percent and a peak of 6.7 percent.

read more https://www.soompi.com/2018/01/28/hwayugi-ratings-soar-kiss-scene/

• Like 14
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

I think this was a great EP.. besides confirming our OTP’s feelings for each other, it also: 

1. Helped SM to come to terms with her past. And with that I think she can find peace.

I can imagine how hurt it must have been to be ostracized all her life, esp. in childhood. Such great loneliness. Which was why she can understand SOG’s loneliness when he mentioned he was locked up for 500+ years. 

2. SM accepted her role as SJ willingly this time around. Previously it was a punishment for freeing SOG, but now it’s a choice. How awesome is that! What did the world do for SM for her to willing want to save it at the risk of her own life! Several pages back, I asked if SM completes her mission as SJ, will she be rewarded or just forgiven (since it was a punishment). I hope now that when she completes her mission as SJ, she will be rewarded. 

3. SOG accepted his responsibility to protect SM willingly as well. Previously he tricked SM into releasing him with a deal. But now he’s gonna honour this deal all the way. It’s again, a choice he made, and that’s definitely more powerful than any GGG or any deal!

I am also one of those who are ok with PK trying to feed SM to BJ. After all, he was a pig, and they are not very bright. It also shows how much he loves BJ. In fact, I feel more strongly about SOG feeding SM’s blood to MW. That’s completely mental!

I love how this show portrays humans and demons alike.. All so flawed, and so selfish. In EP 6, there was one scene when PK asked the patriarch what will happen if he ate SM then. The Patriarch warned him against it and said that if anything happens to SJ now, (1) He won’t get his promotion. Even deities think of themselves first. Haha. 

The second and third reasons are interesting to me: (2) MW wont become a deity and (3) SOG cant return to the spiritual realm. 

No one seems to care that if SM dies then, and mission fail, the world will be destroyed. LOL

• Like 13

1 hour ago, nrbrown said:

I find that the main demons in this drama don’t fit in the scope of black or white. They are rather greyish in my opinion. 

So do I really see PK in the worst possible way? Not really. I think it kind of made SM realize her responsibilities as the SJ. Or her “selfish” choices causes consequences. 

I honestly am not angry at PK. He is a demon and they are made to be selfish. Its just that he cares about BuJa that he is for her wellbeing more than others. Kinda kike what Oh Gong is doing to Seon Mi. Plus I got to see Seon Mi/BuJa hug. MORE SCENES LIKE THAT PLEASE.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Liting1 said:

I really admire Oh Yeon Seo's acting. Her sad scenes are so real and her watery eyes makes me feel Sunmi's pain. I hope she gets praised for her acting after the drama ends. She really fit this role. 

I feel the same. Ever since first episode the scene where adult JSM meet SOG for the first time during the conversation where Oh Gong said "I'll go on my way. You go ahead and keep aging without stopping" and he left her, then SM full of tears remind the old days when she beg Oh Gong to not leave her alone. OYS acting makes me feel the pain being left behind. I wish people will praise her acting skill too

• Like 12

4 hours ago, nrbrown said:

Bingo! Right - she needed to find out that her action has consequences not only for her - and other peaple are hurt too. Its not only about her sad childhood. And I like it that she could find somekind of peace with her past now - as I see it - she was willing to go back to beeing SJ now - so she don´t need to blame anybody. OG had his own reasons why he could not trust the child back than but she never really asked about that. I really like her - but SM sometimes is still to much into her own. So for that - not only the Demons are able to be selfhish. Still - that was her way to live on and get stronger.

• Like 7

I think Sunmi is the least selfish person here

Despite her being spit on like dirt by her relatives. She still bring money for them every year. Help her bratty cousin..

she even cared about the wandering spirit ,etc

She always thought even with Oh Gong betraying little Sunmo. She still beirvs that it's destiny that broughy them together again. But the fact that being a samjang is a punishment for releasing Oh Gonng must have broke her so badly.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Just started this drama. Peeped at episode 9 and was carried away. When I saw demons I was actually put off but this drama is a gem! Will take my time and watch from 1 to 10. I don't know I can like demons. 

Sorry guys but for those who are religious especially Christianity, does this drama remind anybody of the church of Satan? I hope I didn't cross the line as that was what came to my mind as I peeped at episode 9.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, haymochi said:

I think Sunmi is the least selfish person here

Despite her being spit on like dirt by her relatives. She still bring money for them every year. Help her bratty cousin..

she even cared about the wandering spirit ,etc

She always thought even with Oh Gong betraying little Sunmo. She still beirvs that it's destiny that broughy them together again. But the fact that being a samjang is a punishment for releasing Oh Gonng must have broke her so badly.

Maybe selfish is not the right word - but i don´t know a better in english right now. There was so much she needed to handle - I know that - I don´t even blame her for how be became first. But she needed to stay strong. And she acted a bit cold toward others first. She kept her distance - so noone could hurt her. Family is a different issue. I am glad that OG helped her with that people.

Its not that she is greedy to get something but she was more blind or tried to not think to much about other people sorrows. As I said - she had enough for her own. And she was betrayed too and punished too - I know all that. No question about it. But it needed a while for her to think about how  other feels - how OG must have felt to be used and all that. And with that chance to get rid of her sad fate - she just did it. I understand that. In that moment the idea to have a normal life was so big and must felt so good - but she forget how many lifes are already entangled with her beeing SJ.

21 minutes ago, darr said:

Just started this drama. Peeped at episode 9 and was carried away. When I saw demons I was actually put off but this drama is a gem! Will take my time and watch from 1 to 10. I don't know I can like demons. 

Sorry guys but for those who are religious especially Christianity, does this drama remind anybody of the church of Satan? I hope I didn't cross the line as that was what came to my mind as I peeped at episode 9.

Happy to see you here - enjoy watching!!! You can need a good laugh too - and you will find that here for sure. :D

But not only this...

Love the Show.

• Like 4

Questions:

in ep 9, anyone knows how seon mi arrived to stop the fire? she simply just appeared there and then. or did i miss something?

in ep 10, was there a transfer of ownership of Geum Gang Go? Cause the bookseller demon managed to call on Oh Gong... super confused over this part. did the bookseller became samjang as well within that timeframe or there was no transfer of anything at all? 

i can now appreciate bu ja x pk x seon mi plot now. but i wonder how bu ja will end. bu ja story will again go round in a circle. and sang jang x oh going -.- i wonder how can the story move on to something else.

i still wished there was more action like ma wang vs pk rather than it ending with seon mi hugging bu ja. 

and shouldn't seon mi be dead if her child soul was captured? or izzit because she assumed 2 identities so one could carry on living? if so shouldn't her memory of oh going be zapped too? 

i would have preferred ordinary seon mi waking up to ma wang and not knowing who he was. and oh going will still be around seon mi trying to make her remember him. that would have been awesome. 

• Like 4