[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

16 hours ago, taskdramafanatic said:

Here is the link to the new chapter of my Hwayugi fanfiction. Hope you enjoy reading it.  

https://my.w.tt/NKPPs7HZpL

Thank you so much for the fanfic. Seriously, it throws me back to 503 couple feels. Read it while listening to all hwayugi ost. Yup, I love to torture myself like that *back to cry in the corner of my room remembering the ending that we've been robbed* :cold_sweat:

• Like 3

On 20/03/2018 at 3:36 PM, annie1234 said:

Thank you so much for the fanfic. Seriously, it throws me back to 503 couple feels. Read it while listening to all hwayugi ost. Yup, I love to torture myself like that *back to cry in the corner of my room remembering the ending that we've been robbed* :cold_sweat:

You are welcome my fellow shipper. I hope you are enjoying it. :)

• Like 2

On 3/13/2018 at 1:42 AM, DontEatMyKimchi said:

Really hope they will include the deleted scenes.

Airs on 4/01 @6:15-7:45 Tokyo time = so I have D-19 to figure out how to live stream mnet japan.

Any luck with this yet? Will it be airing 2 episodes a week (Sun/Mon) or two in one day or just one a week?

• Like 2

I just had finished the drama.....omg I DONT EVEN HAVE ANY WORDS TO TELL HOW MUCH I LIKED THE DRAMA AND HOW THE END WAS SO--- SO---

I think you know what i mean. Do you think it will have season 2?

(btw, i am dont know english very well, so i probably have a lot mistakes ^^"

• Like 2

19 hours ago, otd123 said:

I just had finished the drama.....omg I DONT EVEN HAVE ANY WORDS TO TELL HOW MUCH I LIKED THE DRAMA AND HOW THE END WAS SO--- SO---

I think you know what i mean. Do you think it will have season 2?

Welcome to our world! 

I really doubt it will have a season 2. But it doesn't hurt to hope for it!

• Like 1

On 4/6/2018 at 4:55 PM, Leejea Jin said:

can someone explain why KDS killed Buja?, and after Sun mi died what did the world told the reason she died? like an accident or did she just disappear 

The first time he killed her, it was an accident. He was drunk-driving and ran. The 2nd time was to cover up the secret. As for Sun Mi, yes, they said there'd been an accident while she was driving back from visiting her hometown. That's why her secretary cried over her death.

• Like 1

On 8-4-2018 at 5:31 AM, ladysaotome said:

The first time he killed her, it was an accident. He was drunk-driving and ran. The 2nd time was to cover up the secret. As for Sun Mi, yes, they said there'd been an accident while she was driving back from visiting her hometown. That's why her secretary cried over her death.

and what happend in the last episode did she return as a ghost for a while and then disappeared ?

11 minutes ago, Leejea Jin said:

and what happend in the last episode did she return as a ghost for a while and then disappeared ?

Sorta. 

Spoiler

Basically, since she is dead she has gone on to the underworld where she waits for judgement and reincarnation (or being rewarded with paradise). But to get Oh Gong's memory back, they use the star necklace to bring her back - she's kind of like a ghost only people can see her and she can touch things - she has a physical, magical kind of body - but it's only for 24 hours and then she has to go back to the underworld. But since Oh Gong gave her one of his eyes, he can go find her now - even if the gods try to disguise her/hide her, he'll be able to find her no matter what. And even though they don't show it, we know he storms into the underworld, causes all kinds of chaos, grabs Sun Mi and runs off with her. And they live happily ever after - probably dropping in on Ma Wong and causing him all kinds of stress on a regular basis.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/04/2018 at 4:01 AM, ladysaotome said:

Sorta. 

Hide contents

Basically, since she is dead she has gone on to the underworld where she waits for judgement and reincarnation (or being rewarded with paradise). But to get Oh Gong's memory back, they use the star necklace to bring her back - she's kind of like a ghost only people can see her and she can touch things - she has a physical, magical kind of body - but it's only for 24 hours and then she has to go back to the underworld. But since Oh Gong gave her one of his eyes, he can go find her now - even if the gods try to disguise her/hide her, he'll be able to find her no matter what. And even though they don't show it, we know he storms into the underworld, causes all kinds of chaos, grabs Sun Mi and runs off with her. And they live happily ever after - probably dropping in on Ma Wong and causing him all kinds of stress on a regular basis.

Now that wouldve been a better ending lol!  

• Like 3

lol.. so i watched ep 20 yesterday.. i'd left at 19..

given the outpour on this site.. i was pleasantly surprised.. the ending was quite uplifting..

she apparently can come back and cheeky monkey is back .. and in search of her..

oh i wish hwayugi was a smash hit.. then we would have definitely got a season 2.. now we will never get it

I did drop this show around episode 6 i think i will catch up eventually but i love the songs and lee seung gi and the main couple , the reason why i dropped was not feeling the zombie storyline and the idol/singer guy.  The OST though are top tier i just think this show could have been a bit more serious . 

Also i know it ended and disappointed with ending's like that. 

• Like 1

On 5/7/2018 at 9:02 AM, Wotad said:

I did drop this show around episode 6 i think i will catch up eventually but i love the songs and lee seung gi and the main couple , the reason why i dropped was not feeling the zombie storyline and the idol/singer guy.  The OST though are top tier i just think this show could have been a bit more serious . 

Also i know it ended and disappointed with ending's like that. 

I think you should finishing watching it. despite its disappointing ending, the drama was great. Not only the OST but the acting, background music, the OTP chemistry everything is top notch. I think you will enjoy it a lot if you give it chance since you like LSG and the OTP.:)

• Like 2

28c279945d59ed9578d325bec2ca6583.jpg

cr.owner

Did you really come to protect me? -Jin Seon Mi.

No, I came to eat you.- Son Oh Gong

Throwback episode 1.:heart:

649e85accb67f1a9f95ac70dd44e20b0.jpg&key

i loved this scene. they looked like such s gorgeous couple.

76adbc43998dd6e4adcf989762f94551.jpg&key

this scene in ep7, when SOG brings JSM to the suruemdong. SHe realizes that she has been here before (in ep1) and looks at SOG for confirmation who nods slightly letting her know that her guess is correct that he did bring her here before when they first met 25 years later.

• Like 1