[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

original.gif&key=9e855857848f6c2c634b84f

the way they look at each other, she is his stars, sun, and moon literally everything. and he is her everything. The most gorgeous and epic couple in the history of kdrama.  Also, this rule was so fascinating, I wish they had explored more about it on the show, but there were so many things I wished but they didn't come true, take the wedding of our OTP for example. still pending... and still wishing for a season two.

• Like 3

On 4/29/2018 at 7:35 PM, Kasmic said:

On 4/29/2018 at 7:35 PM, Kasmic said:

But since Oh Gong gave her one of his eyes, he can go find her now - even if the gods try to disguise her/hide her, he'll be able to find her no matter what. And even though they don't show it, we know he storms into the underworld, causes all kinds of chaos, grabs Sun Mi and runs off with her. And they live happily ever after - probably dropping in on Ma Wong and causing him all kinds of stress on a regular basis.

I totally agree with you, he saves her they get married and have monkey babies and live happily ever after while causing all sorts of trouble and headache for Mawang all the time. Mawang is seriously considering to move to a place where oh gong won't find him. Lol. We all know that Mawang loves oh gong just as much and would not be annoyed. They'll all be just one big happy family. 

Now that is an ending..

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

@taskdramafanaticActually that was @ladysaotome ending version that I preferred tii and you just followed on it making me laugh more. 

I like many was disappointed with the ending too.  It couldve been so much better.  Ive seen enough of the Chinese and Taiwanese version that it made me hopeful for a more stronger role for Mawang. CSW did well but he couldve had a stronger role. I mean I loved the banter bromance but I would love to see CSW turn into an angry giant bull demon and fight with Monkey. Why didnt we get that? Furthermore it lead to a even bigger fight with MWs son.... *sigh* I guess this ending let this option open as well as SM and SOG relationship. If they ever decide to do a season 2 they need heaps more funding to make it more successful 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2018 at 12:42 AM, enigmatic_zephy said:

lol.. so i watched ep 20 yesterday.. i'd left at 19..

given the outpour on this site.. i was pleasantly surprised.. the ending was quite uplifting..

she apparently can come back and cheeky monkey is back .. and in search of her..

oh i wish hwayugi was a smash hit.. then we would have definitely got a season 2.. now we will never get it

While it wasn't a smash hit, it was still a hit and there are many dramas that arent hit at all but still get a second season. In Hwayugi's case this could be a little tough because of the all star cast.

• Like 3

On 6/5/2018 at 7:42 PM, taskdramafanatic said:

While it wasn't a smash hit, it was still a hit and there are many dramas that arent hit at all but still get a second season. In Hwayugi's case this could be a little tough because of the all star cast.

nah.. given the cost, hype, expectation... it was not really a winner.. wich is unfortunate.. because it started really well.. it had to be reply , prison , goblin level hit to be considered for a season 2..

there was some other low cost show that year that surpassed hwayugi .. infact a couple of them.. will have to recollect names